Resident Evil 7- Xbox Play Anywhere

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

I hope this is a trend for all 3rd party games because that would simply be awesome. Link

Gamespot.

What do you guys make of this?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

This is great news for gamers!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Great news for gamers for sure. It's a win win. If I decide to get the game, of course I would go that route. It is a no brainer.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Only 0.002% of lems will actually use this feature in a significant way so it's mostly irrelevant for gaming.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Can't play on VR. That's a PS4 exclusive. Stay buttmad playing RE7 on a flat screen like it's 1995 lol!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Excellent news.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

This is great. I'll be playing on PC, but it's nice to get two copies, for when I don't want to cart my PC around the house.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Amazing, keep the 2 for 1 deals coming.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Can't play on VR. That's a PS4 exclusive. Stay buttmad playing RE7 on a flat screen like it's 1995 lol!

You mean a PSVR exclusive. having a PS4 doesn't do you any good without the VR headset lol

I do think a game like RE7 could benefit greatly from VR but it's not enough to make me shell out 400 bucks for a pretty subpar VR experience. I was 50/50 on getting one and after trying it out at best buy it was an easy decision for me not to. It's a pretty poor VR experience since games are blurry and have PS2 level graphics

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

That's awesome but I already bought the PC version for half the price. Still cool though.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I had absolutely no interest in purchasing this game whatsoever, I find it to be a complete bastardization of the Resident Evil franchise as I did for 4, 5 & 6 as most of you are aware, but I am not one to pass up on exceptional value.

This right here has legitimately made me change my mind about buying it, giving it a chance, experiencing it simply predicated on the amount of value it presents. This is the benefit and incentive behind Play Anywhere, it is unrivaled value, you're getting $120 worth of games every time you purchase a game in the program, you can experience it multiple ways, on what system or platform you want.

I'm already tipping my hat to Microsoft for creating this program, but I also have to give it to Capcom on this, seeing third party embracing this is a very good sign.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Fantastic.

MS doesn't get enough credit for recent stuff like this... all anyone ever says is "oh just means they got on exclusives" blah blah. Like mentioned above, this is basically getting 2 copies of the game for the price of 1.

I hope this trend continues, great for gamers.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Rather play my PC games on steam, though.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

That's pretty cool I wish they had done that with BF1 too

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

damn i was going to get the PS4 version so i can shareplay with a friend but **** that. im getting it on xbone one now

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@Pray_to_me: you do know that the VR will eventually be available on PC right?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

excellent news, I hope more third party published games can do this

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Indeed. Then the transition between either system would be seamless. This should be MS number 1 priority.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

I had absolutely no interest in purchasing this game whatsoever, I find it to be a complete bastardization of the Resident Evil franchise as I did for 4, 5 & 6 as most of you are aware, but I am not one to pass up on exceptional value.

This right here has legitimately made me change my mind about buying it, giving it a chance, experiencing it simply predicated on the amount of value it presents. This is the benefit and incentive behind Play Anywhere, it is unrivaled value, you're getting $120 worth of games every time you purchase a game in the program, you can experience it multiple ways, on what system or platform you want.

I'm already tipping my hat to Microsoft for creating this program, but I also have to give it to Capcom on this, seeing third party embracing this is a very good sign.

If you think that's good, have I got a deal for you! Introducing asylumni's "Kick You in the Balls Anywhere*" program! For the low low price of $1000, I will go to where you are and kick you in the balls! Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "I hate being kicked in the balls. Why would I possibly ask someone to do this, much less pay them $1000 to do it?" And here's why. As part of my "Kick You in the Balls Anywhere*" program, not only will I kick you in the balls with my left foot, but I will kick you in the balls with my right foot as well! That's $2000 worth of being kicked in the balls for only $1000! What a bargain!

*"Kick You in the Balls Anywhere" only available in the continental United States and Canada.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@asylumni said:
@dynamitecop said:

If you think that's good, have I got a deal for you! Introducing asylumni's "Kick You in the Balls Anywhere*" program! For the low low price of $1000, I will go to where you are and kick you in the balls! Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "I hate being kicked in the balls. Why would I possibly ask someone to do this, much less pay them $1000 to do it?" And here's why. As part of my "Kick You in the Balls Anywhere*" program, not only will I kick you in the balls with my left foot, but I will kick you in the balls with my right foot as well! That's $2000 worth of being kicked in the balls for only $1000! What a bargain!

*"Kick You in the Balls Anywhere" only available in the continental United States and Canada.

What the shit is this?

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 asylumni

@xxyetixx said:

@Pray_to_me: you do know that the VR will eventually be available on PC right?

It really should. VR really isn't established enough for these things. Do you happen to know a time frame?

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 asylumni

@dynamitecop said:
@asylumni said:
@dynamitecop said:

What the shit is this?

Strange, I thought it fairly straight-forward. What part confuses you? You are completely against RE7 until you find out you get two copies for the price of 1 and it becomes a day 1 buy. Not because the game changed or you're impression of the game changed, but solely to not "pass up on an exceptional value". So I proposed an even greater value saving you $1000! But you'd better act soon, appointments are filling fast!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

No thanks. I'll be playing the superior PSVR version.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro said:
@lamprey263 said:

Indeed. Then the transition between either system would be seamless. This should be MS number 1 priority.

Absolutely... this could be a big selling factor for the Xbox platform that differentiates from PS.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xxyetixx

@asylumni: I'm pretty sure PSVR got it for a year then it's hitting PC.

Just in time for Scorpio to drop and play it upscale and in a better VR system ?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01

@xxyetixx said:

@asylumni: I'm pretty sure PSVR got it for a year then it's hitting PC.

Just in time for Scorpio to drop and play it upscale and in a better VR system ?

Yeah!!!!!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#27  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I think this is great. You should be able to play multi-plats on whichever platform you feel like at any given time. Having to buy a separate copy for each platform is a shitty practice. Also, all MP games should be cross-play as long as there is no clear competitive advantage of one platform over another (FPS on PC vs. consoles). I should be able to play a game like NHL and match up with players from both Xbox and Playstation.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xxyetixx

@hrt_rulz01: right I mean I don't see how the cows argue their way out of this one.

A year from now you should be able to get the game cheaper, play on Scorpio or PC. If Scorpio has a viable VR solution and if VR is worth a damn we should know by then. Or you can play it on the PC in the superior VR format.

But the "jaggies" are ok now and they can tolerate playing PSVR cause it's the "superior" version ? Smh no it's kinda all ya got

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01

@xxyetixx said:

@hrt_rulz01: right I mean I don't see how the cows argue their way out of this one.

A year from now you should be able to get the game cheaper, play on Scorpio or PC. If Scorpio has a viable VR solution and if VR is worth a damn we should know by then. Or you can play it on the PC in the superior VR format.

But the "jaggies" are ok now and they can tolerate playing PSVR cause it's the "superior" version ? Smh no it's kinda all ya got

They'll come up with some bullshit excuse... probably "who cares... VR is dead, nobody plays it anymore".

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

this is awesome. i hope more multiplats start doing this.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Having third party go play anywhere is actually significant. Very significant.

A lot of damage control in here over the announcement lol.

I hope this trend continues.

Don't worry lems, I'm not threatened by play anywhere. Still not buying the Microsoft version though. :P

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@asylumni said:
@dynamitecop said:

What the shit is this?

Seems to me he wants to touch your balls.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

They call it play anywhere yet its just windows. Duh this is good but not impactful.

Love how guys are cheering for gamers as if its available for psp and linux aswell or something.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Started the demo, it doesn't look like a resident evil game.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@Pray_to_me said:

You mean a PSVR exclusive. having a PS4 doesn't do you any good without the VR headset lol

I do think a game like RE7 could benefit greatly from VR but it's not enough to make me shell out 400 bucks for a pretty subpar VR experience. I was 50/50 on getting one and after trying it out at best buy it was an easy decision for me not to. It's a pretty poor VR experience since games are blurry and have PS2 level graphics

PSVR is a bit of a disappointment indeed. Yeah everything is in 3D but the blurriness hinders the experience quite a bit (I love 3D movies, 3DS etc). Personally it feels like not wearing glasses and it makes me feel a bit queasy, especially if I have to look to the distance, in tight places it's not THAT bad though and bright cartoony visuals help too.

Still I bought the thing and got RE7 pre-ordered too, if the experience is not worth it to me I might as well sell the thing while it's still worth something and buy something else. Oh I wish they made a better headset (would have needed a more powerful system too though) it's easy to use and adjust, only the visuals bother me.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#36 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

It is completely consumer first. Thank you Microsoft and God bless the United States.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cainetao11

@dakur said:

Only 0.002% of lems will actually use this feature in a significant way so it's mostly irrelevant for gaming.

LOL there is no way this is a bad thing. Terrible spin attempt.

@Pray_to_me said:

So you're telling us you do not play any video games unless they are on VR these days?

@quadknight said:

No thanks. I'll be playing the superior PSVR version.

Yyyyeeeeaaaaah, I'll wait for the true VR which is only on PC. PSVR is PS2 level graphics for $400. No thanks Sony.

@xxyetixx said:

Remember when waiting a year for Rise of the TR was no big deal to cows? But we're supposed to give a shit for a crappy PSVR rather then own 2 copies of the game for one price. Really think about that. $400 plus $60 (1 copy of game) oh and of course you must have the console because PSVR doesn't work by itself. Or, a console and $60 (2 copies of the game). Yeah, that's so anti consumer LOL

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dakur

@asylumni said:
@dynamitecop said:

LOL spot on.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cainetao11

@suicidesn0wman said:
@dynamitecop said:
@asylumni said:
@dynamitecop said:

What the shit is this?

Seems to me he wants to touch your balls.

LMAO yup.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#40 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I'll get it for PS4 because I want to play a bit in VR but judging by the Kitchen demo it will suck. Anyway excellent move by Microsoft.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I think it's great. I'm glad Microsoft are moving towards this kind of solution and that Capcom are on board with it.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@Livecommander said:

They call it play anywhere yet its just windows. Duh this is good but not impactful.

Love how guys are cheering for gamers as if its available for psp and linux aswell or something.

Yes getting a UWP game on Linux and PS4 each with different programming languages and stores, can you be anymore stupid?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Nice to see people recognising it as a good thing even though its from Microsoft.

I use it all the time.

I'd like to play it VR mind. But I can do that with my Samsung VR set, mobile phone and PC. Its not straight forward mind so I can see why people would want it on PS4.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dakur

@daniel_su123 said:
@Livecommander said:

Yes getting a UWP game on Linux and PS4 each with different programming languages and stores, can you be anymore stupid?

Lol actually that's fairly simple and possible if the systems share the core OS like PS4, Mac and Linux do. That's why Linux programs run with no to little modifications on Mac. Linux aims at true universality, in fact MS has been fighting AGAINST true universality for a long time because they are interested in keeping the Windows virtual monopoly they have in home computers. That's why they strike deals with hardware developers to create high level drivers for Windows while undermining truly universal drivers and libraries that could work on several platforms like, for example, openGL. So yeah Windows is the antithesis of true universal compatibility and companies like Valve have been warning about this for some time now. True universality can be possible but not as long as MS is in the picture with their financial power and their manipulation of the market.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@dakur said:
@daniel_su123 said:
@Livecommander said:

Lol actually that's fairly simple and possible if the systems share the core OS like PS4, Mac and Linux do. That's why Linux programs run with no to little modifications on Mac.

Ah, no. LOL!! The Mac is "Unix" based. Linux is not binary compatible with Unix. Unix is to DOS, and Linux is to Windows. Outside of some homebrews, people have to run Linux in a VM on Mac.

That said, Windows blows chunks. Ubuntu and Mac OSX are he way to roll.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Everybody is gonna buy it for PS4 anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Very nice, too bad I'm getting it on the Playstation. HDR + 4k sold me on the Playstation version.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#49 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

They have to do something to move units on the X1. Good I guess. According to lemmings and fakeboys, console gamers do not want to game on PC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Ye ole, thank you MS for the gamers jazz. Good stuff.