Reasons Why Consolites Don't Care About PC Gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="lowe0"]I point it out because it's contradictory to the claim that PC gamers aren't elitist, and it amuses me to point out contradictions.lowe0
Why imply otherwise that arrogant fanboys don't exist everywhere, platform specific fanboys or not? Painting gamers in general platform specific or not with broad strokes, let alone by System Wars of all places isn't doing your rational any favours.

It's a view expressed very frequently, and not just within System Wars. It's reasonable to assume that its the view of the community as a whole.

No that's not reasonable at all, on the contrary it's anything but - and is more telling about how you want to judge people based on the idiocy of any vocal bunch, practically willingly putting on blinkers to the idiots everywhere else in order to make an assumption about a 'community'. Which in itself isn't very smart. Also, videogames, because you're losing sight of that.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#202 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

I love how Miketheman claims to be a musician but thinks remixing music is wrong :roll:

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.Miketheman83

Remixing music with the permission of the copywrite holder is fine. I still can't think of an instance where a remix album it's better than the source material.

Then you should know that alot of developers release mod tools and SDK for their games to the public. You do know why they do it ?
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="cain006"]

Wow, I think I've seen a thread like this with exactly the same points before.

R4gn4r0k

Yeah, you see a few PC bashing threads, they all start to look the same... just a troll trying to pass off his opinions as facts, and going with the "you can't prove my vague statement wrong, which makes it correct" crap...

Rarely someone does PC criticism right...

Most of the time it's:

"PC has nothing but MMO and RTS"

or

"I only have to combine three or more systems to show that PC isn't that good"

Don't forget the "Mods don't count"! :P

After all, ITT we have a fine example of a troll's idiotic anti-mod argument falling apart!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

My point is that people want to play the original content/listen to the original song. The mods/remixes are not better than the original material, they wouldn't exist without the original material, and are completely devoid of any artistic merit.Miketheman83

How do mods stop people from playing the original content ? How do remixes stop people from hearing the original song ?

If you really believe that last sentence you wrote, than you should get out of the music industry.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="skrat_01"] Why imply otherwise that arrogant fanboys don't exist everywhere, platform specific fanboys or not? Painting gamers in general platform specific or not with broad strokes, let alone by System Wars of all places isn't doing your rational any favours.Bebi_vegeta

It's a view expressed very frequently, and not just within System Wars. It's reasonable to assume that its the view of the community as a whole.

In that case we can assume the same for console gamers... and pretty much all of the internet people and why not the world while we're at it.

If you had any evidence that console gamers make elitist statements at anywhere near the same rate, then that would be a valid argument.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 adamosmaki

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Call On Me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fCqg92qksMiketheman83

There are lots of examples. Search "Damian Marley - It Was written" in youtube and you will see the chasing shadows remix has way more views. I prefer the original more, but whatever.

That's not your point in the first place miketheman. So what does popularity have to do with anything ? :?

My point is that people want to play the original content/listen to the original song. The mods/remixes are not better than the original material, they wouldn't exist without the original material, and are completely devoid of any artistic merit.

yeah sure after i finish skyrim unmodded its a bad think if i mod the hell out of it to have a different experience in my 2nd play through. Is not like the devs released mod tools to make mods for the game.

Ohhh wait they actually did that

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 R4gn4r0k

Then you should know that alot of developers release mod tools and SDK for their games to the public. You do know why they do it ?adamosmaki

Or what about devs that do modding contests or mapping contests? Devs that actively push the community to mod their game :?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 R4gn4r0k

Don't forget the "Mods don't count"! :P

After all, ITT we have a fine example of a troll's idiotic anti-mod argument falling apart!

Rocker6

Most console fanboys can't even deny that mods offer a lot. From simple fixes the devs never bothered to do to entire new games.

The only people that I've seen downplay mods on here are clear trolls like shadowmoses and TC. :P

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] It's a view expressed very frequently, and not just within System Wars. It's reasonable to assume that its the view of the community as a whole.lowe0

In that case we can assume the same for console gamers... and pretty much all of the internet people and why not the world while we're at it.

If you had any evidence that console gamers make elitist statements at anywhere near the same rate, then that would be a valid argument.

Oh no, I have evidence they make stupid statement... should I generalize the whole community like that.

The example you stated wasn't elistism, it was plain ignorance and stupid.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]My point is that people want to play the original content/listen to the original song. The mods/remixes are not better than the original material, they wouldn't exist without the original material, and are completely devoid of any artistic merit.R4gn4r0k

How do mods stop people from playing the original content ? How do remixes stop people from hearing the original song ?

If you really believe that last sentence you wrote, than you should get out of the music industry.

I never said it did. Art = creation. Mods/remixes do not create, they alter. Mods are horrible, remixes are horrible, and remakes are horrible. Nobody wants them, nobody pays for them.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]My point is that people want to play the original content/listen to the original song. The mods/remixes are not better than the original material, they wouldn't exist without the original material, and are completely devoid of any artistic merit.Miketheman83

I never said it did. Art = creation. Mods/remixes do not create, they alter. Mods are horrible, remixes are horrible, and remakes are horrible. Nobody wants them, nobody pays for them.

People donate money to mod creators, and game remakes sell, from full remakes, to only HD remastering of a last gen game...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]My point is that people want to play the original content/listen to the original song. The mods/remixes are not better than the original material, they wouldn't exist without the original material, and are completely devoid of any artistic merit.Miketheman83

Mods are not horrible, only someone as dulsional as you could claim that. Mods are used to enhance a game. I'd make rather download and install a mod that improves my game experience that pay for overpriced DLC that doesnt.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

I like remixes, I like mods... hell what is a DLC.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#214 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Most of us have lives outside of gaming.

IgGy621985

Yeah, posting sh!t on gaming forum is a pretty cool example of console gamer lifestyle superiority.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

No actually this place is 80% PC fans who either circle jerk each other or they to debate with console gamers about a subject we don't care about.Miketheman83

What you're seeing here is called a CONSENSUS.

PC gaming right now is in a very good place, lack of demand from the highly successful console campaigns has driven PC game prices to all time lows, hardware is cheaper and more powerful than ever before, Steam has made it more accessable and convenient and Valve is really a great company that gives a schit (or at least, gives more of a schit than Microsuck or Ken Wassabe or whatever the f*ck his name was.)

While I salute your enthusiasm and share your views that "console gaming is just plain more fun and I'd like to beat the schit out of Cows without Hermits jumping in" you have to realize that many people here are not really that enthusiastic about any 1 platform and will discuss power, performance, price, the existance of fresh original IP's, etc in an objective manner.

And within that level of objectivity (not taste, not flavor, not opinion, not "fun") desktop PC's win in every department.

Again, this is not the opinion of 100 Hermit "invaders" but the general CONSENSUS of the regular users of the forum who come from every gaming background.

Just now I was clicking thru Steam and saw an ad for a game called Omerta.

Dude...if this was Xbox exclusive...you would be screaming about it and bumping the thread all DAY "YEAH B*TCH PS3 SUCKS WE HAVE OMERTA HAHAHAHAHA SONY GOING BANKRUPT HAHAHAHAHA."

But the truth is these fresh IP's come out on the PC open platform every DAY, why? Because anybody can get a box of pizza and code, they don't have to get permission from Microsloth or The Sony or pay them a million dollars and get lawyers and make contracts.

Combine that with the powerful hardware, openness and the fact that you can do EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE on 1 desktop computer, no online fees like XBL, no vaseline graphics like PS3, etc.

I'm not trying to tell you that console gaming is bad and PC gaming is good.

That's not my message here, and my personal tastes are the opposite of that.

I'm trying to explain to you that so many people are hermits NOT because they are fanboys, but exactly because they are the opposite, they are un-fanboys who don't give a damn about any corporation or flag and just stick to the generic un-inspired soulless platform which is PC Gaming (or console gaming as the taste may be.)

I've had more fun in the last 4 years on consoles than I had the previous 20 on PC and I will take that to my grave.

That being said, a forum for PC and Console gamers can't work.

Objectively it will always be the "PC is better forum" BECAUSE nobody has ever found a way to measure fun.

If we could objectively measure "fun" as a benchmark, console gaming would be a GTX690 and PC gaming would be a ATI 5850 with a failing heat sink.

But we can't, all we can measure is CPU, GPU, RAM, cost, exclusives score, that's it.

And in that methodology, it's impossible for consoles to win.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

While DLC which is a fancy word for modifying your game and charge you $5 for 2 new enemies and 1 new weapon is a great think while a total conversion mod that adds a great amount of new content is a bad think ? You should also know some mods did actually made it to actual game releases for money ( yes they were that good )
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 adamosmaki

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

Bebi_vegeta

I like remixes, I like mods... hell what is a DLC.

fancy word for paying mods
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 R4gn4r0k

While DLC which is a fancy word for modifying your game and charge you $5 for 2 new enemies and 1 new weapon is a great think while a total conversion mod that adds a great amount of new content is a bad think ? You should also know some mods did actually made it to actual game releases for money ( yes they were that good ) adamosmaki

Almost every weapon in Team Fortress 2 is made by the community.

A good deal of devs see the advantages that mods bring (more interest in the base game for example, lots of people got to know arma because of dayz) and welcome the modding community with open arms.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]No actually this place is 80% PC fans who either circle jerk each other or they to debate with console gamers about a subject we don't care about.LazySloth718

PC gaming right now is in a very good place, lack of demand from the highly successful console campaigns has driven PC game prices to all time lows, hardware is cheaper and more powerful than ever before, Steam has made it more accessable and convenient and Valve is really a great company that gives a schit (or at least, gives more of a schit than Microsuck or Ken Wassabe or whatever the f*ck his name was.)

While I salute your enthusiasm and share your views that "console gaming is just plain more fun and I'd like to beat the schit out of Cows without Hermits jumping in" you have to realize that many people here are not really that enthusiastic about any 1 platform and will discuss power, performance, price, the existance of fresh original IP's, etc in an objective manner.

And within that level of objectivity (not taste, not flavor, not opinion, not "fun") desktop PC's win in every department.

Again, this is not the opinion of 100 Hermit "invaders" but the general CONSENSUS of the regular users of the forum who come from every gaming background.

Dude...if this was Xbox exclusive...you would be screaming about it and bumping the thread all DAY "YEAH B*TCH PS3 SUCKS WE HAVE OMERTA HAHAHAHAHA SONY GOING BANKRUPT HAHAHAHAHA."

But the truth is these fresh IP's come out on the PC open platform every DAY, why? Because anybody can get a box of pizza and code, they don't have to get permission from Microsloth or The Sony or pay them a million dollars and get lawyers and make contracts.

Combine that with the powerful hardware, openness and the fact that you can do EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE on 1 desktop computer, no online fees like XBL, no vaseline graphics like PS3, etc.

I'm trying to explain to you that so many people are hermits NOT because they are fanboys, but exactly because they are the opposite, they are un-fanboys who don't give a damn about any corporation or flag and just stick to the generic un-inspired soulless platform which is PC Gaming (or console gaming as the taste may be.)

I've had more fun in the last 4 years on consoles than I had the previous 20 on PC and I will take that to my grave.

Objectively it will always be the "PC is better forum" BECAUSE nobody has ever found a way to measure fun.

If we could objectively measure "fun" as a benchmark, console gaming would be a GTX690 and PC gaming would be a ATI 5850 with a failing heat sink.

But we can't, all we can measure is CPU, GPU, RAM, cost, exclusives score, that's it.

My argument is not that consoles are better, my argument is that they are not in competition with PC's. Consolites simply don't care enough about it for there to even be debate about it. PC gamers should understand this.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Miketheman83
Lol at people comparing DLC with mods. DLC is made by professionals who created the game, not some nobody who thinks the game should be different.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

Oh no, I have evidence they make stupid statement... should I generalize the whole community like that.

As frequently?
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]No actually this place is 80% PC fans who either circle jerk each other or they to debate with console gamers about a subject we don't care about.Miketheman83

My argument is not that consoles are better, my argument is that they are not in competition with PC's. Consolites simply don't care enough about it for there to even be debate about it. PC gamers should understand this.

Correct me if i'm wrong. Arent you in a place called system wars ? Also isnt it you who started this whole think ? You made a few claims about pc gaming which ( aside the games which is an opinion what are the best games on what platform ) are factually proven wrong and you expect to not get answers ?
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 R4gn4r0k

Lol at people comparing DLC with mods. DLC is made by professionals who created the game, not some nobody who thinks the game should be different.Miketheman83

So that is why a lot of mods are better than DLC. Because of professionalism :roll:

And how is a developer adding a costume for a character to a game and charging 5 dollars for it better than a modder doing it for free ?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#224 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

3. Games- PC games just don't have the big budgets as top tier console games. PC games often feel amateurish and outdated. While I love games like Left 4 Dead and The Witcher they are very unpolished games compared to console games, and that is because of small dev teams and low budgets.

5. Comfort- Sitting on the couch with a big screen television is the way video games are meant to be played. Sitting at a computer desk with a small monitor is  killing the fun in my opinion. The argument that you can connect your PC to your television and play with a controller is a poor argument because in reality you are just trying to make your PC like a console.

Miketheman83

These are wrong. The others I can understand.

It's hardly a poor argument, because it's still a PC.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 adamosmaki
Lol at people comparing DLC with mods. DLC is made by professionals who created the game, not some nobody who thinks the game should be different.Miketheman83
then what about mod teams that sometimes are get hired by devs and make their mods a fully fledged game. Like valve does from time to time ? What about devs that hold competitions and giving price about the best mods/maps ? What about mods that outgrow even their respective game in popularity and help the game sell more ( like Dayz did with arma ) You really dont know what you talk about dont you ?
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Shut up troll.  You do realize that if the mods are good, the creators often get picked up by developers, making them professionals.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
1. As long as your PC isn't from 1995 you dont have to do this 2. I use a 360 controller which is supported in almost every single game 3. Whatever 4. Typical stereotype 5. I sit on my couch so your argument is invalid trollmaster level over 9000
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]No actually this place is 80% PC fans who either circle jerk each other or they to debate with console gamers about a subject we don't care about.Miketheman83

Then why can I enjoy gaming without even needing a console. Then why can I play all those multiplats games wihtout ever needing a console. There's competition for sure. Gamers do care, you may not... but others do.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

threads like these just make my day

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

adamosmaki

Correct me if i'm wrong. Arent you in a place called system wars ? Also isnt it you who started this whole think ? You made a few claims about pc gaming which ( aside the games which is an opinion what are the best games on what platform ) are factually proven wrong and you expect to not get answers ?

That's my point. Consolites come here to debate consoles, not PC. We don't care about the PC, if I wanted to pay games in my PC I could. PC gamers are constantly trying to prove why PC gaming is better...to people who have no interest in it. It's like having a conversation about the 360 /PS3 and a Vita fan constantly coming in and saying it's better because it's mobile to people who have no interest in handheld gaming.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#231 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Marvelous troll post. I almost responded but I had you figured at point 3. That was rilly good. ::applauds::

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Bebi_vegeta

This has got to be one of the worst argument i've seen in a while.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] My argument is not that consoles are better, my argument is that they are not in competition with PC's. Consolites simply don't care enough about it for there to even be debate about it. PC gamers should understand this.

That's my point. Consolites come here to debate consoles, not PC. We don't care about the PC, if I wanted to pay games in my PC I could. PC gamers are constantly trying to prove why PC gaming is better...to people who have no interest in it. It's like having a conversation about the 360 /PS3 and a Vita fan constantly coming in and saying it's better because it's mobile to people who have no interest in handheld gaming.

Is it not called System wars here ?
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 R4gn4r0k

Miketheman would rather pay capcom for costumes in SFIV than get them for free with mods. And all that because 'it was made by the people who made the original game' not even a question of quality or anything. The costumes could even be better quality than the developer made ones but he doesn't even care about that :lol:

Hilarious.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] If you had any evidence that console gamers make elitist statements at anywhere near the same rate, then that would be a valid argument.lowe0

As frequently?

Lowe0 are you serious !?!?!?!? You can spot elitism but you can't spot ignorant/idiot statements ? Even though you seem to mix both ?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#236 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

By the way, your budget argument was made in this thread, and was utterly demolished, TC.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#237 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

threads like these just make my day

AcidThunder

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Miketheman83

Miketheman would rather pay capcom for costumes in SFIV than get them for free with mods. And all that because 'it was made by the people who made the original game' not even a question of quality or anything. The costumes could even be better quality than the developer made ones but he doesn't even care about that :lol:

Hilarious.

R4gn4r0k
Funny that you equate DLC to cosmetic changes.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

10s of millions of skyrim mod downloads contradicts your pathetic theory.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

The forum name is "system wars" means everything.

It's literally anarchy.

Until Gamespot pulls their head out of their ass and realize that such a forum cannot be productive, what you will get is a big trainwreck of butthurt.

Every time I say "PC = dead platform" I can feel 10 hermits drinking Pepto Bismol and getting heart palpitations.

That is how you must view this place to be happy.

It is a place to troll. Not a place to have intelligent conversation.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

MBirdy88

I never said mods couldn't be amusing. Giving everyone a giant head can be pretty funny sure, but it's not the way the game was intended to be played.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Bebi_vegeta

LazySloth718

It's literally anarchy.

Until Gamespot pulls their head out of their ass and realize that such a forum cannot be productive, what you will get is a big trainwreck of butthurt.

Every time I say "PC = dead platform" I can feel 10 hermits drinking Pepto Bismol and getting heart palpitations.

As if it would of change anything is this was just a place of console system... what a joke.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#243 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] No PC games on the list, pal. Except APB.

http://digitalbattle.com/2010/02/20/top-10-most-expensive-video-game-budgets-ever/

RR360DD

lol the date in that link is 2010. :lol:

TOR had the biggest budget of a game ever and that was in 2011.

So that list is outdated and invalid

His original point is still very much valid. There are some big budget PC games, but they are very few and far between compared to console games. Threads made BY HERMITS showing lists of upcoming PC games are proof enough. The vast majority are small budget / indie games that could probably run on a 4 year old iPhone.

You do realise that much of the "big budget" for console games is spent on marketing? Big publishers spend millions upon millions in order to get console gamers off COD and try something new. Sometimes it works, but often it doesnt. ( bulletstorm, Homefront ect... )

PC games have hardly any marketing costs because its not needed nearly as much. Because of this and the popularity of digital distribution on PC, games make quite a heftly profit, and its one of the reasons exclusive games are in abundance on PC.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 clyde46
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

Hilarious.

Miketheman83
Funny that you equate DLC to cosmetic changes.

I guess you missed the total conversion mod for Crysis called Mechwarrior Living Legends. You know the one where Crytek actually hired most of the mod team.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I never said it did. Art = creation. Mods/remixes do not create, they alter. Mods are horrible, remixes are horrible, and remakes are horrible. Nobody wants them, nobody pays for them.Miketheman83

I never said mods couldn't be amusing. Giving everyone a giant head can be pretty funny sure, but it's not the way the game was intended to be played.

Well how was the game intended to be played... having fun isn't part of it ?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 clyde46

LazySloth718

It's literally anarchy.

You think SW has ever been good?
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I never said it did. Art = creation. Mods/remixes do not create, they alter. Mods are horrible, remixes are horrible, and remakes are horrible. Nobody wants them, nobody pays for them.Miketheman83

So are you essentially saying that even if mods can improve on every aspect of skyrim in many meaningful ways be it graphics, gameplay, difficulty/challenge, creativeness without making it an unbalanced mess that the way it was "intended to be played" is still better? We arn't just talking about mods that turn dragons into ponies here (though it does exist.) we are talking about the massive ammount of graphics/gameplay mechanics/immersion/a.i/unofficial bug fix patches and new well developed content that brought together a good game to a whole new level. How you will spin that as not "better than the intended" is beyond me....
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

Why the hell do I come to these forums?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

These are all 3rd-party add-ons for MS Flight Simulator X. Whether they're DLC or payware mods, I think they're professionally made, given their selling price:

The FlightSim Store

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]10s of millions of skyrim mod downloads contradicts your pathetic theory.Bebi_vegeta

Well how was the game intended to be played... having fun isn't part of it ?

The way the creators intended it to be played.