Reasons Why Consolites Don't Care About PC Gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Creators vision = a team of 200, about 10% of those are actually gaming enthusiasts, the rest of the company is mooching retail managers, stock holders forcing a game out of the door unfinished. A modding community comes in to add all the little things the gamers want, for free. but then, you know this, and this thread is a joke. otherwise... LazySloth718

Isn't that what almost destroyed PC gaming in the first place? Viewing the market as "mooching" and thinking everything should be free via Torrent.

That's how you got Steam DRM.

That's how you lost physical copies.

Because you thought the stock holder was a mooch for investing in the $100 million game.

Steam is more than just DRM. Disc games have died because of the advances in internet speeds and changes in DRM attitudes. I can get my entire collection with me and access it anywhere in the world, you can't do that with physical copies.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#103 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Isn't that what almost destroyed PC gaming in the first place? Viewing the market as "mooching" and thinking everything should be free via Torrent.

Because you thought the stock holder was a mooch for investing in the $100 million game.

LazySloth718
You make it sound Steam DRM is a bad thing. No, it's not. And you know, in the future consoles might go digital only too.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

You can do the same on PC, its not easier, but its not hard either. the kind that do this kind of thing build apropriate carriable systems, or just you know, have a laptop and sacrfice some performance. choices.MBirdy88

Nothing is "hard."

Things take time, effort and money in that order.

Your life time is finite.

You can either spend it playing or jury rigging schit.

Choices.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]You can do the same on PC, its not easier, but its not hard either. the kind that do this kind of thing build apropriate carriable systems, or just you know, have a laptop and sacrfice some performance. choices.LazySloth718

Nothing is "hard."

Choices.

Problem is while consoles are faster to setup, they also provide alot less. I dunno man, there is only so much bro cod I could handle before realizing "this is s*it there is more to gaming out there.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Mods are terrible.Miketheman83

Why are mods terrible ?

Because it's not content from the creators of the game. I want to play stuffed made by people who are professionals and get paid to do this. Mods alter the original concept of the game. Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.

Jesus Christ, you must be trolling because noone is this stupid.

People do indeed modify music and movies, it's called remixes, refixes, re-edits, variation in productions and for movies it's remakes or edits (the phantom edit for example) :roll:

Thank god not everyone on this planet thinks like you or we wouldn't have had great games like Team Fortress, Counterstrike, Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra, Chivalry and so on.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 LazySloth718

Steam is more than just DRM. Disc games have died because of the advances in internet speeds and changes in DRM attitudes. I can get my entire collection with me and access it anywhere in the world, you can't do that with physical copies.clyde46

Attitudes about DRM changed because you no longer had a choice.

Before you had a choice, to either buy physical to be a collector.

Or to buy digital if you didn't care.

Now you have no choice.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Steam is more than just DRM. Disc games have died because of the advances in internet speeds and changes in DRM attitudes. I can get my entire collection with me and access it anywhere in the world, you can't do that with physical copies.LazySloth718

Attitudes about DRM changed because you no longer had a choice.

Before you had a choice, to either buy physical to be a collector.

Or to buy digital if you didn't care.

Now you have no choice.

And yet look where consoles are going.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"] Why are mods terrible ?

R4gn4r0k

Because it's not content from the creators of the game. I want to play stuffed made by people who are professionals and get paid to do this. Mods alter the original concept of the game. Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.

People do indeed modify music and movies, it's called remixes, refixes, re-edits, variation in productions and for movies it's remakes or edits (the phantom edit for example) :roll:

Thank god not everyone on this planet thinks like you or we wouldn't have had great games like Team Fortress, Counterstrike, Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra, Chivalry and so on.

Random people do not remix music and movies, moron. With permission from the copyright holder maybe, and those remixes are hardly the definitive version of the product.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Miroku32
Now you have no choice.LazySloth718
Same will happen with consoles too if rumors about Sony and Microsoft are true about second hand games. You will not be able to buy used games or borrow from a friend a game.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 clyde46
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Because it's not content from the creators of the game. I want to play stuffed made by people who are professionals and get paid to do this. Mods alter the original concept of the game. Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.Miketheman83

Random people do not remix music and movies, moron. With permission from the copyright holder maybe, and those remixes are hardly the definitive version of the product.

I guess you never looked at Youtube then.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]You can do the same on PC, its not easier, but its not hard either. the kind that do this kind of thing build apropriate carriable systems, or just you know, have a laptop and sacrfice some performance. choices.MBirdy88

Nothing is "hard."

Choices.

Problem is while consoles are faster to setup, they also provide alot less. I dunno man, there is only so much bro cod I could handle before realizing "this is s*it there is more to gaming out there.

I feel that, I really do.

Ultimately it comes down to choices and personal attitudes.

I think System Wars really does a disservice because it presumes that A or B or C have to be better than each other, when in reality it's just a choice of how you like to live your life, your preferences, what you like to do with your free time etc.

I never played CoD.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Creators vision = a team of 200, about 10% of those are actually gaming enthusiasts, the rest of the company is mooching retail managers, stock holders forcing a game out of the door unfinished. A modding community comes in to add all the little things the gamers want, for free. but then, you know this, and this thread is a joke. otherwise... LazySloth718

Are you another hippy who think he owns games ?

And seriously, using this tired argument "PC was dying" when it was dominating gaming since 1996.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Random people do not remix music and movies, moron. With permission from the copyright holder maybe, and those remixes are hardly the definitive version of the product.Miketheman83

Hahaha, you are too funny.

Actually they do. Edits are mostly made without permisson, lots of remixes are too. Actually knowing something before you call someone a moron could help getting your point across. Now you just look silly

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]Now you have no choice.Miroku32
Same will happen with consoles too if rumors about Sony and Microsoft are true about second hand games. You will not be able to buy used games or borrow from a friend a game.

Maybe but it's not a good thing.

Losing choice of having a physical collection, is not a good thing.

Being forced to have everything as a download that can be denied access to you at any time, is not a good thing.

What happens when these services one day shut down? Your library goes with it?

In before "what happens if your game collection gets robbed."

One is a crime, the other is a corporate eventuality.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Because it's not content from the creators of the game. I want to play stuffed made by people who are professionals and get paid to do this. Mods alter the original concept of the game. Its the same thing as modifying music or movies to suit your taste. It's wrong and not the way games should be played.Miketheman83

I remix music all the time.
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="LazySloth718"]Now you have no choice.LazySloth718

Being forced to have everything as a download that can be denied access to you at any time, is not a good thing.

Speculating about that is speculating about when Internet will die: probably when the world ends.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Creators vision = a team of 200, about 10% of those are actually gaming enthusiasts, the rest of the company is mooching retail managers, stock holders forcing a game out of the door unfinished. A modding community comes in to add all the little things the gamers want, for free. but then, you know this, and this thread is a joke. otherwise... jhonMalcovich

And seriously, using this tired argument "PC was dying"?

I'm an adult who thinks people should get something more than "you can play this game for as long as we feel like giving you access."

You pay money you should get a deliverable.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

this-thread-makes-no-sense.jpg

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#120 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I personally dont care about PC gaming because:

1- i dont want to pay 1000+ for a system just to stare at a slightly pretty grapchis.

2- I dont like playing MMO's, i need games with stories

3- Cheaper prices on games is something is great! ( the only positive about PC gaming that i see ).

4- I dont like too much MMO's or FPS's

5- PC library consists of 80% of games like this:

Yea thats not my thing...

League-of-Legends-defending-6.jpg

im glad PC gamers enjoy playing on the system they love but i wish they would stop annoying us too much how its better every single flipping day, i get it its good for you but dosent mean everyone like what you like.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

ultraking

Editing a sh1tty YouTube vid to your favorite song is hardly a remix. To do a proper remix you needed original copies of all the sound files. Assuming you were doing this correctly and making true remixes (which I doubt because that is copyright infringement), do you think people consider it better than the original version?
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 clyde46

1- i dont want to pay 1000+ for a system just to stare at a slightly pretty grapchis.

3- Cheaper prices on games is something is great! ( the only positive about PC gaming that i see ).

4- PC library consists of 80% of games like this:

im glad PC gamers enjoy playing on the system they love but i wish they would stop annoying us too much how its better every single flipping day, i get it its good for you but dosent mean everyone like what you like.

finalstar2007
Inb4 claims of otherwise.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="Miroku32"] Same will happen with consoles too if rumors about Sony and Microsoft are true about second hand games. You will not be able to buy used games or borrow from a friend a game. jhonMalcovich

Speculating about that is speculating about when Internet will die: probably when the world ends.

I think Steam's existance as a corporate entity is alot more fragile than "the internet" and "the world."

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Miroku32

finalstar2007

I recall SWs is flooded by delusional cows claiming the PS4 isbetter than the 720 and PC gaming.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ultraking

finalstar2007

nooooo finalstar:(

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 clyde46
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Random people do not remix music and movies, moron. With permission from the copyright holder maybe, and those remixes are hardly the definitive version of the product.

Editing a sh1tty YouTube vid to your favorite song is hardly a remix. To do a proper remix you needed original copies of all the sound files. Assuming you were doing this correctly and making true remixes (which I doubt because that is copyright infringement), do you think people consider it better than the original version?

Are you talking about the multitrack stems? They are out there, I have some stems from a couple of Foo Fighters tracks.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ultraking
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Random people do not remix music and movies, moron. With permission from the copyright holder maybe, and those remixes are hardly the definitive version of the product.

LOL. I don't do lame youtube remixes. I have these things called turntables and about 600 records
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

LazySloth718

And seriously, using this tired argument "PC was dying"?

I'm an adult who thinks people should get something more than "you can play this game for as long as we feel like giving you access."

You pay money you should get a deliverable.

Your physical copies are subjected to physical degradation and accidents, like fire, flood, thefts, etc. Cload game library gives you more garanties in preserving your games than keeping them in a  box. 

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="ultraking"]I remix music all the time. ultraking

LOL. I don't do lame youtube remixes. I have these things called turntables and about 600 records

Well don't try to make money off them, if you do, get a good lawyer.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 clyde46
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Editing a sh1tty YouTube vid to your favorite song is hardly a remix. To do a proper remix you needed original copies of all the sound files. Assuming you were doing this correctly and making true remixes (which I doubt because that is copyright infringement), do you think people consider it better than the original version?

What are you going to do? Report him to the RIAA?
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Editing a sh1tty YouTube vid to your favorite song is hardly a remix. To do a proper remix you needed original copies of all the sound files. Assuming you were doing this correctly and making true remixes (which I doubt because that is copyright infringement), do you think people consider it better than the original version? Miketheman83

i have made money off it. most of the DJ's that i sample from and mix with others dont care. its all about making good music

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

LazySloth718

I think Steam's existance as a corporate entity is alot more fragile than "the internet" and "the world."

Valve is the only gaming company that is not reporting losses in contrast to MS, Sony and Nintendo. I trust them more than in any other gaming industry corporation.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 LazySloth718

Your physical copies are subjected to physical degradation and accidents, like fire, flood, thefts, etc. Cload game library gives you more garanties in preserving your games than keeping them in a  box. 

jhonMalcovich

The point is I have a choice.

I can get the download if I please.

I can get the physical if I please.

I get physical because it gives me pleasure and joy to collect and to show off that collection.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="ultraking"]LOL. I don't do lame youtube remixes. I have these things called turntables and about 600 recordsclyde46

What are you going to do? Report him to the RIAA?

I couldn't care less. My point is that you can copy/edit/ modify anything till your hearts content, but the second you make any money doing it you will have a lawsuit on your hands.

And scratching records on a turntable isn't a true remix. 

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LazySloth718

Valve is the only gaming company that is not reporting losses in contrast to MS, Sony and Nintendo. I trust them more than in any other gaming industry corporation.

jhonMalcovich

Valve is a private company.

They don't report anything.

Their financials are not public.

They could be about to go under and you wouldn't know it.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ultraking

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Well don't try to make money off them, if you do, get a good lawyer.Miketheman83
I couldn't care less. My point is that you can copy/edit/ modify anything till your hearts content, but the second you make any money doing it you quick have a lawsuit on your hands. And scratching records on a turntable isn't a true remix. What are you going to do? Report him to the RIAA?

ill excuse you since you have no idea what it takes to be a DJ. i dont just scratch records and call it a day

edit: now that i think about it , i havent scratched a record in a long time. its about blending songs together and adding my own beats that i made

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 clyde46
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Well don't try to make money off them, if you do, get a good lawyer.

I couldn't care less. My point is that you can copy/edit/ modify anything till your hearts content, but the second you make any money doing it you quick have a lawsuit on your hands. And scratching records on a turntable isn't a true remix. What are you going to do? Report him to the RIAA?

A remix by definition is a re-edit of pre-existing source material. There is none of this "true remix" nonsense. A remix is either good or bad.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

LazySloth718

I get physical because it gives me pleasure and joy to collect and to show off that collection.

Are you saying this is impossible on PC?
Also, Not every console game is digital. 

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

LazySloth718

You CAN buy physical copies on PC. Many digital distributors provide physical copies in downloadable fashion, so you can download games and burn as many physical copies as you want. This is what I call a choice.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="clyde46"] I couldn't care less. My point is that you can copy/edit/ modify anything till your hearts content, but the second you make any money doing it you quick have a lawsuit on your hands. And scratching records on a turntable isn't a true remix. What are you going to do? Report him to the RIAA?ultraking

ill excuse you since you have no idea what it takes to be a DJ. i dont just scratch records and call it a day

Editing samples and beats from a no name DJ with no record deal is a little different dude. I know more about the music industry than I do the gaming industry. Remixing a song at a club where it is not for sale is different than making a remix album.

Either way your point is moot because people pay for the original copy, not your remixes...the same as mods.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 clyde46
[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Miketheman83

Editing samples and beats from a no name DJ with no record deal is a little different dude. Iknow more about the music insist than I do the gaming industry. Remixing a song at a club where it is not for sale is different than making a remix album.

Wow, and I thought you couldn't dig any deeper.
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Screw console gaming and pc gaming, mobile gaming is where its at, I can take my games anywhere I want, and have phone sex inbetween!

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 jhonMalcovich

Screw console gaming and pc gaming, mobile gaming is where its at, I can take my games anywhere I want, and have phone sex inbetween!

ultimate-k

Someone threw the towel :twisted:

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 LazySloth718

You CAN buy physical copies on PC. Many digital distributors provide physical copies in downloadable fashion, so you can download games and burn as many physical copies as you want. This is what I call a choice.

jhonMalcovich

They're getting hard to find locally, lots of games don't offer a physical product anymore.

Downloading and burning a game does nothing for my collection.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Miketheman83

Editing samples and beats from a no name DJ with no record deal is a little different dude. Iknow more about the music insist than I do the gaming industry. Remixing a song at a club where it is not for sale is different than making a remix album.

you have no idea about the music industry. Atleast about electronic music you dont

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

finalstar2007

1- The PC is not only a gaming system... it's much more, you can also put as much money as you like.

2- MMO are game swith stories...

3- Ok

4-PC has plenty of different genre.

5-That game is awesome and that's not 80% of gaming.

I really wish you'd see that it's not PC gamers, but fanboys making topics about this. It's like you have a blind eye when it comes to console gamers doing this.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

LazySloth718

Same for PC... 

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

LazySloth718

Valve is a private company.

They don't report anything.

Their financials are not public.

They could be about to go under and you wouldn't know it.

Are yes, they are going under while making a Steam box... logic.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

LazySloth718

They're getting hard to find locally, lots of games don't offer a physical product anymore.

Downloading and burning a game does nothing for my collection.

Ever heard of amazon ?