"PS3" Better graphics than 360

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DOC105
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts
Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity?
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
It's pretty neck-and-neck. One isn't clearly better, and one isn't clearly worse.
mskrft007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mskrft007
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts
everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.
tacomh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tacomh
Member since 2003 • 1847 Posts
there isnt a huge difference that makes you say whoa. and why is MGS4 the only game that can show the graphic potentail of the PS3? thats a ignorant statement.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity? DOC105

If you can't see anything then, I would suggest... You turn up the gamma and contrast settings. I can see just fine.

Jhung207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jhung207
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts
Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity? DOC105
I guess you will wait 2 years for mgs4
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DOC105

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity? Truth_Hurts_U

If you can't see anything then, I would suggest... You turn up the gamma and contrast settings. I can see just fine.

Why, when your system should be perfect as it is
Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.mskrft007
Oh this is the guy that says PS3 sales are exceeding 360 sales.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.mskrft007
KeyWii? Is that you??
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts
What PS3 game is killing Gears of War? Plus don't say Resistance because I own that and the textures are crap.
jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
:x I hate threads like thisMkavanaugh77
mskrft007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mskrft007
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts
[QUOTE="mskrft007"]everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.mmogoon
KeyWii? Is that you??

why am i automatically someone because im not a lemming? Who cares who I am?
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Truth_Hurts_U

Why, when your system should be perfect as it is DOC105

It's your display not the 360. All games are on a default gamma and contrast setting. You can adjust your TV or your game. But it's not a 360 issue.

I have yet to have issues seeing in any game.

jwcyclone15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jwcyclone15
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts

Dude...stop trolling
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
brightness and contrast are all adjustable.. texture detail, lighting effects and AA is not... i think in most games they will look about the same. even if the PS3 is more powerfull, it's also more difficult to develop for. Developers will not go the extra mile to put lots of extra time and effort to make crossplatform games look better on Ps3. They have too little time as it is.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
You know, I hate to be that guy that brings up Gears when something like this is said, but man wake up already. Now if you will excuse me I need to go hang on the door for awhile so people can get in and out of the room.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

only those who haven't played the 360..;)

the 360's gpu is far superior to the ps3's... that's already a known fact... plus more accessible memory, better textures, lighting, etc....

thanks for trying tho...:)

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DOC105
[QUOTE="mskrft007"]everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.jwcyclone15

Dude...stop trolling

Iam not trolling i have both systems and this is system wars form
jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jack244
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts

We know it's hard to accept but 360 plain and simply has better graphics at the moment. You can say PS3 has better graphics when and IF it actually does but until then...

And not only is it very easy to see Call Of Duty 3 for 360, but it's the superior version in every way possible from the sharper textures, better lighting, better framerate, better controls, better online, tons of maps to download for replayability. The ps3 version of COD 3 is just a washed out blurry imitation.

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DOC105

[QUOTE="DOC105"] Why, when your system should be perfect as it is Truth_Hurts_U

It's your display not the 360. All games are on a default gamma and contrast setting. You can adjust your TV or your game. But it's not a 360 issue.

I have yet to have issues seeing in any game.

I have played both system on the sam tv and i have noticed that the xbox 360 games are dark
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Truth_Hurts_U

I have played both system on the sam tv and i have noticed that the xbox 360 games are dark DOC105

Thats because PS3 has a washed out look to it's games. So it's going to look brighter on a darker (setting) TV.

Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts

Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anythingDOC105

That has everything to do with the calibration settings of your TV and nothing to do with the 360's output. How do I know this? I've calibrated my TV so the settings of the input my 360 are assigned to is perfect - I don't have that problem at all.

If the contrast, color, and hue are not properly adjusted PER INPUT nothing will look right. The settings have to be assigned PER INPUT, so the settings will in all likelihood be different for the 360 than they are for the PS3 (since they're using different signals to pass video and are two completely different electronic devices.) Get to know your TV, visit AVS for calibration settings. 

For example, my DVR's input has slightly different settings than my DVD player's input.

comptonst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 comptonst
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts
You know, I can see the ps3 blowing away the 360 graphically in a year or so.  One thing that i dont understand is why people are having arguments over which has the better graphics, becuase ultimatley it will be which one has more and better games.
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DOC105

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anythingBuff-McBlumpkin

That has everything to do with the calibration settings of your TV and nothing to do with the 360's output. How do I know this? I've calibrated my TV so the settings of the input my 360 are assigned to are perfect - I don't have that problem at all.

If the contrast, color, and hue are not properly adjusted nothing will look right. The settings have to be assigned PER INPUT, so the settings may very well be different for the 360 than they are for the PS3 (which is likely, since they're using different signals to pass video.) Get to know your TV, visit AVS for calibration settings. 

ok i see where your getting at but it should be perfect as it is already out of the box. I shouldn't have to change my tv settings when ther're perfect allready for 3 of my systems but ill try it next time ill play xbox 360 when halo 3 comes out
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
The Xenos is way more powerfull and way more efficient for the PS3 to catch up with, however, if their is some "hidden power" in the PS3, it may have a chance.
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DOC105

In all honesty i think i like my PS3 more System wise but i love my 360 for its games

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Truth_Hurts_U

ok i see where your getting at but it should be perfect as it is already out of the box. I shouldn't have to change my tv settings when ther're perfect allready for 3 of my systems but ill try it next time ill play xbox 360 when halo 3 comes outDOC105

If your TV is fine to you with normal viewing... Then use the in-game setting to adjust it. So you don't have to fiddle with your TV when your not playing a 360 game.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
You know, I can see the ps3 blowing away the 360 graphically in a year or so.  One thing that i dont understand is why people are having arguments over which has the better graphics, becuase ultimatley it will be which one has more and better games.comptonst
exactly.. graphicall differences will never be sicnificantly different for game experience
Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts
[QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anythingDOC105

That has everything to do with the calibration settings of your TV and nothing to do with the 360's output. How do I know this? I've calibrated my TV so the settings of the input my 360 are assigned to are perfect - I don't have that problem at all.

If the contrast, color, and hue are not properly adjusted nothing will look right. The settings have to be assigned PER INPUT, so the settings may very well be different for the 360 than they are for the PS3 (which is likely, since they're using different signals to pass video.) Get to know your TV, visit AVS for calibration settings. 

ok i see where your getting at but it should be perfect as it is already out of the box. I shouldn't have to change my tv settings when ther're perfect allready for 3 of my systems but ill try it next time ill play xbox 360 when halo 3 comes out

Take my advice (I'm a home theater nut) the settings of TV's out-of-the-box are horrible 99.9% of the time. They come in what is called "Torch mode." Torch mode is meant to be insanely bright with poor contrast.

Do yourself a favor and pick up something like http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_6_2/aviadvd.html

I'm assuming you have an HDTV.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
The 360's "power" is much easier to tap into than the PS3's, just like last gen.  This is no big secret.  If the PS3 actually starts producing better-looking games, its going to be after programmers have had a while to really exploit the system's capabilities.  
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DOC105
[QUOTE="DOC105"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anythingBuff-McBlumpkin

Take my advice (I'm a home theater nut) the settings of TV's out-of-the-box are horrible 99.9% of the time. They come in what is called "Torch mode." Torch mode is meant to be insanely bright with poor contrast.

Do yourself a favor and pick up something like http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_6_2/aviadvd.html

I have it already. You should do yourself a favour and buy a PS3 or a girlfriend..or boyfriend if you dont want a ps3
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nagidar
[QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"][QUOTE="DOC105"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anythingDOC105

I have it already. You should do yourself a favour and buy a PS3 or a girlfriend..or boyfriend if you dont want a ps3

Wow, he tries to help you and you spit in his face...

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DOC105
well no, not to be mean or anything but he should play the PS3 before he talks about it ... ok i didn't think of it that way soo sorry
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
[QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"][QUOTE="DOC105"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

Just admit it...you dont have an xbox 360.......this whole debate is a fraud and everytime we'll "fix" your problem you'll just make up some new ones......you're a underaged ps3 fanboy

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DOC105

I have one, but i think you should get a PS3

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DOC105
I SWARE I HAVE ONE 
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
I SWARE I HAVE ONE DOC105

He does make a convincing argument.
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DOC105
BOTH systems have their pros and cons and iam sorry for stating my opinion
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nagidar

I SWARE I HAVE ONE DOC105

Than its your TV dude, because I have a 360 and a Wii (Waiting for good games before getting a PS3) and I have played the PS3, I have no problem seeing any of those consoles games.

aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
Ps3 version is brighter because the dynamic range of the lightning effects are lower, and to compensate, the devs makes the ps3 version brighter. Or to put it in another way, on the scale from dark to light, the 360 version has more steps to work with, and can hence have a wider dynamic range with smoother transitions. On a capable and well calibrated display, the increased dynamic range of the 360 version makes it look more natural than the ps3 version.
ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
a console doesn't have graphics. only games do
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

I SWARE I HAVE ONE DOC105

two case senario....

either you've just bought a ps3 and are trying to convince yourself that it's better since you've used all that money on it....or you're planning to buy one...........

so please enlighten me...which one is it?

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DOC105
a console doesn't have graphics. only games doultima-flare
No but a concel has a graphics card
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
[QUOTE="DOC105"]I SWARE I HAVE ONE Teufelhuhn

He does make a convincing argument.

HE sure does :lol:
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

Unless PS3 games can back that claim up, then i suggest we just say PC>all.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
[QUOTE="ultima-flare"]a console doesn't have graphics. only games doDOC105
No but a concel has a graphics card

And the 360 has a better Graphics Card.
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DOC105
MY GOD iam telling it how it is
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts
Are you kidding? Read the reviews on the multiplats...superior gpu means superior graphics. 360 gpu owns ps3 gpu, therefore 360 has better graphics. I am sorry sony failed you again in the graphics department cows. And they had an extra year prior to release. Still makes me chuckle. I am glad I sold my ps3 and bought a wii instead to compliment my 360.