"PS3" Better graphics than 360

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.mskrft007

GS disagrees with you.
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 DOC105
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts
PC does have the best graphics.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts

Unless PS3 games can back that claim up, then i suggest we just say PC>all.
Adrian_Cloud
Um, yeah.......PC is > all. :D The Quad Core and 8800GTX by far takes out anything in consoles
aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
MY GOD iam telling it how it is DOC105
And we are telling you that it’s your tvs fault, or your tv settings, because 360 version should look better than the ps3 version.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts
[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity? DOC105

If you can't see anything then, I would suggest... You turn up the gamma and contrast settings. I can see just fine.

Why, when your system should be perfect as it is

Clearly you know nothing about tv's. No tv is perfect as is and has to be set for each input and for each type of device hooked up to it. But that is for the high end tv's which I will assume are what is being talked about here.
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DOC105

As i said before ill try to fix it

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Darth_Stalin
MY GOD iam telling it how it is DOC105
no, you are telling a biased opinion.......come on. You say you can't see anything on CoD? Have you seen Gears of War.....or your glasses are too fogged up to see :roll:
liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts
[QUOTE="mskrft007"]everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.rexoverbey
What PS3 game is killing Gears of War? Plus don't say Resistance because I own that and the textures are crap.

Nothing on the PS3 beats GeoW, it's just cows in denial who say that.
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DOC105
[QUOTE="DOC105"]MY GOD iam telling it how it is Tulak_Hord
no, you are telling a biased opinion.......come on. You say you can't see anything on CoD? Have you seen Gears of War.....or your glasses are too fogged up to see :roll:

No iam telling you my opinion, and i have played gears of war iam just saying that the xbox 360 graphics aren't as bright as PS3s 
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity? aceReborn
Ps3 version is brighter because the dynamic range of the lightning effects are lower, and to compensate, the devs makes the ps3 version brighter. Or to put it in another way, on the scale from dark to light, the 360 version has more steps to work with, and can hence have a wider dynamic range with smoother transitions. On a capable and well calibrated display, the increased dynamic range of the 360 version makes it look more natural than the ps3 version.

I haven't programmed anything for the PS3, but if the RSX based off a 7800 than its perfectly capable of rendering to R16G16B16A16F (64-bit) floating-point formats (in fact its probably capable of R32G32B32A32F).  Most 360 games, on the other hand, use a specialized R10G10B10A2F (32-bit) format thats customized for the Xenos (although its still cabable of FP16 or INT16 formats).   So, unless you have intimate knowledge of the format of the render-targets used by COD3's dev team, I'm not sure where you're pulling this from.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Dr_DudeMan
You know, I can see the ps3 blowing away the 360 graphically in a year or so. One thing that i dont understand is why people are having arguments over which has the better graphics, becuase ultimatley it will be which one has more and better games.comptonst
With regards to your first statement, keep dreaming. Better gpu and more accessible RAM = 360 winning in graphics department.]
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Dr_DudeMan
The 360's "power" is much easier to tap into than the PS3's, just like last gen. This is no big secret. If the PS3 actually starts producing better-looking games, its going to be after programmers have had a while to really exploit the system's capabilities. Teufelhuhn
I dont understand where these cows come from. An inferior gpu, will never look as good as a superior gpu.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"][QUOTE="DOC105"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anythingDOC105

That has everything to do with the calibration settings of your TV and nothing to do with the 360's output. How do I know this? I've calibrated my TV so the settings of the input my 360 are assigned to are perfect - I don't have that problem at all.

If the contrast, color, and hue are not properly adjusted nothing will look right. The settings have to be assigned PER INPUT, so the settings may very well be different for the 360 than they are for the PS3 (which is likely, since they're using different signals to pass video.) Get to know your TV, visit AVS for calibration settings.

ok i see where your getting at but it should be perfect as it is already out of the box. I shouldn't have to change my tv settings when ther're perfect allready for 3 of my systems but ill try it next time ill play xbox 360 when halo 3 comes out

Take my advice (I'm a home theater nut) the settings of TV's out-of-the-box are horrible 99.9% of the time. They come in what is called "Torch mode." Torch mode is meant to be insanely bright with poor contrast.

Do yourself a favor and pick up something like http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_6_2/aviadvd.html

I'm assuming you have an HDTV.

I have it already. You should do yourself a favour and buy a PS3 or a girlfriend..or boyfriend if you dont want a ps3

Very mature...
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Darth_Stalin
[QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"][QUOTE="DOC105"]MY GOD iam telling it how it is DOC105

No iam telling you my opinion, and i have played gears of war iam just saying that the xbox 360 graphics aren't as bright as PS3s

That's you TV settings....... :roll:
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Teuf_
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]The 360's "power" is much easier to tap into than the PS3's, just like last gen. This is no big secret. If the PS3 actually starts producing better-looking games, its going to be after programmers have had a while to really exploit the system's capabilities. Dr_DudeMan
I dont understand where these cows come from. An inferior gpu, will never look as good as a superior gpu.

System performance is dependent on the entire architecture of the system, not just the GPU.  There's lots of ways that the Cell's SPE's could be put to use for helping out the GPU.  But I'm sure you know that already.  :wink:
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="DOC105"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"][QUOTE="DOC105"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anythingjointed

That has everything to do with the calibration settings of your TV and nothing to do with the 360's output. How do I know this? I've calibrated my TV so the settings of the input my 360 are assigned to are perfect - I don't have that problem at all.

If the contrast, color, and hue are not properly adjusted nothing will look right. The settings have to be assigned PER INPUT, so the settings may very well be different for the 360 than they are for the PS3 (which is likely, since they're using different signals to pass video.) Get to know your TV, visit AVS for calibration settings.

ok i see where your getting at but it should be perfect as it is already out of the box. I shouldn't have to change my tv settings when ther're perfect allready for 3 of my systems but ill try it next time ill play xbox 360 when halo 3 comes out

Take my advice (I'm a home theater nut) the settings of TV's out-of-the-box are horrible 99.9% of the time. They come in what is called "Torch mode." Torch mode is meant to be insanely bright with poor contrast.

Do yourself a favor and pick up something like http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_6_2/aviadvd.html

I have it already. You should do yourself a favour and buy a PS3 or a girlfriend..or boyfriend if you dont want a ps3

Just admit it...you dont have an xbox 360.......this whole debate is a fraud and everytime we'll "fix" your problem you'll just make up some new ones......you're a underaged ps3 fanboy

Bingo! I was thinking the exact same thing, ill admit that this troll had me goin for a bit tho.
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DOC105
[QUOTE="DOC105"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"][QUOTE="DOC105"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anythingDr_DudeMan

Very mature...

iam sorry iam not a 21 yea old video gamer like you are
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dr_DudeMan
I SWARE I HAVE ONE DOC105
Good spelling.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="ultima-flare"]a console doesn't have graphics. only games doDOC105
No but a concel has a graphics card

Yeah and the fact is that the 360 graphics card is vastly superior to the ps3 graphics card.
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DOC105
[QUOTE="DOC105"]I SWARE I HAVE ONE Dr_DudeMan
Good spelling.

am sorry, but if i was in class i wouldn't have made that mistake
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"][QUOTE="DOC105"]MY GOD iam telling it how it is DOC105

Which is a good thing. PS3 graphics are washed-out. The brightness is actually a bad thing.
Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts
[QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"][QUOTE="DOC105"][QUOTE="Buff-McBlumpkin"]

[QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anythingDOC105

Hahaha, OK man. Was just trying to help you out with your set, but I'll take your advice and buy "A PS3 or a girlfriend" - because that makes a lot of sense.

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
I think it pretty safe to say the two platforms are very close when it comes to graphics. If Ps3 was going to blow the 360 away with its graphics power we would have seen the difference at launch like we did between the PS2 and Xbox 1. I think no amouunt of waiting is going to help either. As PS3 graphics get better so will the 360 in the end its a wash. so if you buy a Ps3 you have better really want a Blueray player. Other then that its going to come down to what games you want and if Online is important to you or not.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="aceReborn"][QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity? Teufelhuhn
Ps3 version is brighter because the dynamic range of the lightning effects are lower, and to compensate, the devs makes the ps3 version brighter. Or to put it in another way, on the scale from dark to light, the 360 version has more steps to work with, and can hence have a wider dynamic range with smoother transitions. On a capable and well calibrated display, the increased dynamic range of the 360 version makes it look more natural than the ps3 version.

I haven't programmed anything for the PS3, but if the RSX based off a 7800 than its perfectly capable of rendering to R16G16B16A16F (64-bit) floating-point formats (in fact its probably capable of R32G32B32A32F). Most 360 games, on the other hand, use a specialized R10G10B10A2F (32-bit) format thats customized for the Xenos (although its still cabable of FP16 or INT16 formats). So, unless you have intimate knowledge of the format of the render-targets used by COD3's dev team, I'm not sure where you're pulling this from.

LOL! You are very wrong about both the RSX and Xenos there...and I dont even feel like getting into it. Go read the tech specs for the 7800 at nvidia's site, and then the tech specs for xenos at the ati site. That should clear up most of your misconceptions.
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.mskrft007
Dude go check this out. Your opinions don't count when you have no evidence, and GS does. You fail. LINK
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]The 360's "power" is much easier to tap into than the PS3's, just like last gen. This is no big secret. If the PS3 actually starts producing better-looking games, its going to be after programmers have had a while to really exploit the system's capabilities. Teufelhuhn

System performance is dependent on the entire architecture of the system, not just the GPU. There's lots of ways that the Cell's SPE's could be put to use for helping out the GPU. But I'm sure you know that already. :wink:

Not when it comes to graphics. GPU and RAM are the biggest factors, and a better processor can play its roll in upping framerates and better physics, but neither of those have anything to do with actual graphics.
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Buff-McBlumpkin

[QUOTE="DOC105"]I SWARE I HAVE ONE Teufelhuhn

He does make a convincing argument.

Ahaha.

CASE CLOSED!

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

and the Wii kills them both.

iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 iMuffins
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]:x I hate threads like thisjamesgj

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dr_DudeMan

[QUOTE="mskrft007"]everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.XenoNinja

and the Wii kills them both.

LOL!
DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DOC105
[QUOTE="jamesgj"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]:x I hate threads like thisiMuffins

yet you reply
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="iMuffins"][QUOTE="jamesgj"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]:x I hate threads like thisDOC105

yet you reply

Just cuz he replyed doesnt mean he doesnt hate it...
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Buff-McBlumpkin

I'm taking his advice and "buying a girlfriend." I was poking around Best Buy online and I don't know if I should get the extended warranty on her or not. If she has crabs I'll definitely want to exchange her, but I read that they only have a 3% crab rate. This is a tough decision.

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DOC105
you know what you should do is yet in the ally across the street. Thats where i got mine.
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Buff-McBlumpkin

should do is yet in the ally across the street.DOC105

Wait, I have a helper friend across the street?

I had no idea, I should definitely join forces with him. 

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DOC105

[QUOTE="DOC105"] should do is yet in the ally across the street.Buff-McBlumpkin

Wait, I have a helper friend across the street?

I had no idea, I should definitely join forces with him. 

Well you knowif thats what your in to
tricyclon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tricyclon123
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts

Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity? DOC105

I agree, washed out is always better ...

rakee999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 rakee999
Member since 2006 • 368 Posts
Name one game
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts
LOL. PS3 version looks almost as Wii

TheManOfChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TheManOfChoice
Member since 2003 • 4148 Posts
WHy hasn't anyone posted a MGS4 picture yet comparing it to Gears or Halo 3? Those arguments always get me frisky:D
Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
how come gears graphics are shiny, it is dark out
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Teuf_
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="aceReborn"][QUOTE="DOC105"]Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity? Dr_DudeMan

I haven't programmed anything for the PS3, but if the RSX based off a 7800 than its perfectly capable of rendering to R16G16B16A16F (64-bit) floating-point formats (in fact its probably capable of R32G32B32A32F). Most 360 games, on the other hand, use a specialized R10G10B10A2F (32-bit) format thats customized for the Xenos (although its still cabable of FP16 or INT16 formats). So, unless you have intimate knowledge of the format of the render-targets used by COD3's dev team, I'm not sure where you're pulling this from.

LOL! You are very wrong about both the RSX and Xenos there...and I dont even feel like getting into it. Go read the tech specs for the 7800 at nvidia's site, and then the tech specs for xenos at the ati site. That should clear up most of your misconceptions.

Oh, of course.  How stupid of me.  The 7800 doesn't support a format that's been available since 5xxx era.  :roll: Why do you even bother to post if you can't argue about this stuff?
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
COD3 looks great on the 360 and I can see just fine.
hoagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hoagey
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts
Personally I think the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Because the PS3 produces lighter graphics, in the game call of duty I have noticed that it's worthless playing the game on 360 because you can't see anything, but I hope by this or next year (as many people predict) the PS3 should have better graphics than 360. I think the only game that can show that is Metal Gear Solid 4. Do you agree? And by the way why doesn't any game take advantage of the blue rays capacity? DOC105
If you read the revuew the colors on ps3 were washed out and not deep like 360
megamef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 megamef
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I hear that the xbox360 has a better black level than the 360. I believe that this has more to do with the quality of the components used in the video output device than processing power. So the man who said that the ps3's graphics card could handle better texture ranges is mostly likely incorrect with his apposition that that is a reason why the xbox360 is darker. By the way the greater the black level the better the picture will look.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

[QUOTE="mskrft007"]everyone knows PS3 kills the 360 in graphics. Only a few SW doorknobs will disagree.rexoverbey
What PS3 game is killing Gears of War? Plus don't say Resistance because I own that and the textures are crap.

Keep in mind that Resistance has WAY more action and physics on the screen at any one time, whereas Gears only pits you against around five or six drones at once with pretty enviorments that are totally static.

i_own_atrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 i_own_atrc
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
ok the xbox and ps3 are neck in neck and its going to change. ok look a year ago the xbox360 did not look much better then the normal xbox and some xboxs games look better then the 360 games.
blurb1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 blurb1324
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts
ok the xbox and ps3 are neck in neck and its going to change. ok look a year ago the xbox360 did not look much better then the normal xbox and some xboxs games look better then the 360 games.i_own_atrc
Yes, some 360 games looked worse than XBox games. However, those were the crappy ports. Compare exclusive games, and you'll see a clear leap. Compare Kameo Xbox to Kameo 360 screens and you'll see what I mean ;)
i_own_atrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 i_own_atrc
the ps3 shader has been fixed.
i_own_atrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 i_own_atrc
[QUOTE="i_own_atrc"]ok the xbox and ps3 are neck in neck and its going to change. ok look a year ago the xbox360 did not look much better then the normal xbox and some xboxs games look better then the 360 games.blurb1324
Yes, some 360 games looked worse than XBox games. However, those were the crappy ports. Compare exclusive games, and you'll see a clear leap. Compare Kameo Xbox to Kameo 360 screens and you'll see what I mean ;)

ok this is what im trying to say itds could have been that the ps3 had bad ports like the 360 did.