PVZ Garden Warfare: fun or frustrating?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I was a fan of the original Plants vs Zombies game, I've played it on PC a lot and I actually finished it properly on my Nintendo DS back in the day. Garden Warfare, on the other hand, looks cute and fun, but deep down has been a frustrating experience so far, I've mastered Titanfall quicker than that...Are people there spammers / abusers or the core gameplay is a frustrating mess?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Tell me more about it, I'm curious about the game

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

It's frustrating.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Its not the best balanced game ever, but I'm still having fun with it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

If your playing it alone then yeah it sucks.

Horde mode was always meant to be a Co-Operative experience.

Horde Mode is Fun !

@Blabadon

Its a Real Time, Squad Based, Tower Defense, 3rd Person Action Game.... I think.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Salt_The_Fries

@Lulu_Lulu said:

If your playing it alone then yeah it sucks.

Horde mode was always meant to be a Co-Operative experience.

Horde Mode is Fun !

@Blabadon

Its a Real Time, Squad Based, Tower Defense, 3rd Person Action Game.... I think.

I'm playing it alone, yeah, but I wasn't playing the horde mode. I was playing competitive multiplayer.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

It's really fun once you get the hang of it. It took me a few hours to get it, but I'd say stick with it a bit more. If it gets too frustrating try the co-op mode. You'll continue on getting the hang of with less frustration from getting killed by the more experienced players.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries

Oh its got other modes ? I definately didn't know that..... I thought it was like Monday Night Combat with one and a half modes.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I was a fan of the original Plants vs Zombies game, I've played it on PC a lot and I actually finished it properly on my Nintendo DS back in the day. Garden Warfare, on the other hand, looks cute and fun, but deep down has been a frustrating experience so far, I've mastered Titanfall quicker than that...Are people there spammers / abusers or the core gameplay is a frustrating mess?

Learn to play scrub...

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Salt_The_Fries

@tormentos said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Learn to play scrub...

Lol, I see you muted all other players, gotta say I did that too, too many stupid kids with whiny voices.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Not at all the game is VERY fun, i really enjoy it and my advise is to constantly play the tower defense because seriously once you master that then your good to go with PvP

This is me beating Crazzy mode :D.. seriously couldnt have done it without my epic team! you can only beat this level with a skilled team

Loading Video...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Lol, I see you muted all other players, gotta say I did that too, too many stupid kids with whiny voices.

Yeah man i hate them... also hate people with crappy mics getting everything that happen on their house on the game,it dwarf the game sounds.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I have not played it.

I cannot contribute anything more to this conversation.

Hope this helps.

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rictshard
Member since 2014 • 265 Posts

Chomper is OP

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Tell me more about it, I'm curious about the game

Same here. It's one of the many games on my list that I'm thinking about buying.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@behardy24: I got it on my 360 a few months ago, great multi-player quick to jump in and go. Lots of different character sets,weapons,armor. It is stronly team based, if you don't have any healers or everyone is going Rambo you lose.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

It's a little unbalanced in favor of zombies but once you get the good pea shooters then it evens out. The fire cactus is good too until you get better peas. I get like 40 kills a match with my main characters(law pea I think and one of the soldier zombies, the pilot looking one).

But the chemist has no equal if you are trying to clear out plants who are camped in the capture zone. I've cleared entire teams with that guy. Some maps are near impossible to beat if the other team is competent- like the one with the huge cucumber or whatever at the end and you have to get in and plant 4 bombs. I think I've only won on that map 2 or 3 times.

I think I'm level 50 something but I probably played the game twice in the past month to try out the DLC. I got Shadow of Mordor, Destiny endgame, Driveclub, NBA2k15, Evil Within taking up my time. Then, I got 4 or 5 games to get in the next month, so I might actually be done with PVZ as much as I love the game. By the time I finish all those games and come back to it, the population might be very low unless they come out with some amazing DLC pack