PS4 version of TR "slightly" better than PC (Maxed)

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Kinthalis said:

No. My friend running a $120 GPu and $100 CPu managed ultra settings on PC. This game is not Crysis 3.

Tormentos, in all seriousness, do you really, god's honest truth think the PS4 can match a $500 GPU?

So you have a link to the spec of the PC from where those screen were taken.?

No i don;t think it can match even a $300 dollar one let alone a $500 one,but considering the screen posted are not coming from a $120 GPU like you claim is a very god job what the PS4 did.

@adamosmaki said:

i'm playing this on a 100 pound 2gb 7850 ( albeit overclocked at 1050Mhz ) and a 4year old phenom II and i play on ultra with tress fx and all and still manage to pull more than 40fps average. This aint crysis 4 or Battlefield 4 nor a bad port ala assasins creed 4

Well you just confirmed that your Phenon ll and your 7850 are below PS4 levels.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

wait, what?! Why are they changing her face? lol, bizarre.

Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

That model is horrid.

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Not only is the face hilarious but the hair and lighting on the model looks quite a bit worse lol. Enjoy paying 60 bucks for the 'definitive edition'.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@StriateEnd said:

wait, what?! Why are they changing her face? lol, bizarre.

Yep, to a worse version

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

PC still looks best and is $50 cheaper

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Nude Mods >>>> Definite Edition

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Have fun paying $60 for the game when I paid $20 and got every single piece of DLC for it on the PC.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

As someone who has played all three editions of this game, PC is far and away the best looking. The Definitive Edition actually made Lara look worse.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

Can't really see so much difference other than Lara's new look, which is hideous. Looking at the comparisons it's like her face was pumped full of botox and she suffers from a failed skin tightening procedure (or whatever it's called)

They should've just stick with improving the detail in the old model.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@GiantAssPanda said:

Can't really see so much difference other than Lara's new look, which is hideous. Looking at the comparisons it's like her face was pumped full of botox and she suffers from a failed skin tightening procedure (or whatever it's called)

They should've just stick with improving the detail in the old model.

agreed

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

what the **** did they do to laras face?

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

Based on what i read they added more special effects to the enviroment lol Hopefully the pc gets a 500mb patch for that one day.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

I picked up the PS4 version yesterday . It looks amazing.

The subtle facial expressions on Laura's face during gameplay is very impressive.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#115  Edited By DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Dat face...What did they do to her eyes lmao!

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Krelian-co

sup, new lara concept

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 AM-Gamer

@DefconRave: her eyes actually move now, she may look weird in a few pics as they are taken in the middle of her expression, but in motion her character model is one of the best I've ever seen.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

But can it do 4K?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By AM-Gamer

@DarkLink77: I disagree she actually has far more real facial expressions and the subsurface scattering and skin textures look better as well

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 DarkLink77

@AM-Gamer said:

@DarkLink77: I disagree she actually has far more real facial expressions and the subsurface scattering and skin textures look better as well

The actual face looks horrible.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

This might be the most marginally irrelevant argument on the internet yet.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Nah, from what I've seen the only reason these gifs look bad is due to the fact that they are frozen at awkward points in time. In actual motion the new face looks superior in every way.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#123  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Kinthalis said:

Pc version also has larger view distance. So yeah, pretty much better in most respects.

The foliage and the physics based movements/animations are nice though. Thing is, they aren't there on the PC because the devs chose not to put them there, not because the PC can't RUN these things. That's ahuge difference between games on PC and game son last gen consoles, and yet consolite where downplaying differences that were a LOT larger than what we see here.

But don't let me stop your salt train man. Keep on rollin'.

I know that is the reason and i already say that the PC version should look better on another thread,it was lack of effort of CD on the game,but considering those Max out setting are not running on a $400 dollar PC i say wow the PS4 did a nice job.

The PC running this setting has a what $350+ CPU with a $500 or more GPU.?

I am not rolling anything there are certain things that look better on the PS4 screen show,but like i already say on another thread nothing stop CD from making a patch that will add anything missing on the PC version.

To run the PS4 version of TR you don't need an expensive graphics card.

PS4 doesn't even use tesselation and has poor AO, cheap AA and reduced TressFX strand density. That build performs betteer.

But naive console children like you will go on believing in the secret sauce anyway.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By AM-Gamer

@-Unreal-: wrong again, it uses tesselation has better lighting, better particle effects and actually runs tress FX and manages 60 fps. Several videos at kotaku comparing them and it looks best on PS4. And here you are just spouting random babble about it's visual settings.

The PS4 version looks better but sad hermits will continue to live in denial.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@-Unreal-: wrong again, it uses tesselation has better lighting, better particle effects and actually runs tress FX and manages 60 fps. Several videos at kotaku comparing them and it looks best on PS4. And here you are just spouting random babble about it's visual settings.

The PS4 version looks better but sad hermits will continue to live in denial.

Kotaku...

PFFFFT HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

And yeah that cross-eyed Lara is definetely the better version! I mean i'm not into cross-eyed plastic-looking characters but hey, aint gonna judge PS fans for prefering that

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@AM-Gamer:

You paid 60 dollars for more particle effects and a change in Laura skin texture. It must have been well spent looking at that face. Dem tiny pores must have been amazing right?

Avatar image for endlessinfinity
EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By EndlessInfinity
Member since 2013 • 231 Posts

@TheFadeForever:

Paying dat 60 dollars for that amazing face change was clearly worth the money. I wish one day the pc version get's the 500mb patch for all those amazing features.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@blackace said:

@BlessedChill: That game looks like shit on all the platforms really. The Lara Croft character model actually looks worse on the PS4 version then the PS3 version. Stupid devs are clueless. The best option is to stick to the original game and forget the DE version.

You would like us to forget that pitiful Xbox One version....

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#129 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

No ambient occlusion on the PS4, the textures look sharper on PC. PS4 seems to have more foliage, and I've heard the enviroment is more dynamic.

IMO pretty pointless to compare them, I wouldn't say they're two different games, but the DE has new assets and effects the PC version doesn't have.

If the DE was available on PC, we'd know which version would look/run better.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By AM-Gamer

@roler42: Are you honestly stupid enough to believe Lara is cross eyed? Her eyes are constantly moving during gameplay , the cross eyed pics are just taken at akward times. It would be like someone taking a picture of you while you were randomly looking at things and then telling everyone you are cross eyed.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#131  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

The PC version is still clealy the best looking of the bunch,lara looks fugly on the DE.

And the fact that you have to pay full price for a minor uplift(suposedly) is pathetic.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By AM-Gamer

@endlessinfinity: You must have both missed the part where I said I never owned the other titles. I've spent very little time with the other versions. This is my first time buying the game and it's nice to start with the best version.

Avatar image for endlessinfinity
EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By EndlessInfinity
Member since 2013 • 231 Posts

@AM-Gamer:

What did you not owning the other version of the game have to do with what I said. Its not like you got an entirely different game besides minor enhancement. Dem wavy trees and added special effects is why its called the definite version.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 DarkLink77

@I_can_haz said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Nah, from what I've seen the only reason these gifs look bad is due to the fact that they are frozen at awkward points in time. In actual motion the new face looks superior in every way.

After putting some more time into it:

It looks better in some areas and worse in others. There are scenes where the new face looks amazing, and then there are scenes where it looks legitimately terrible. It's kind of odd.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Krelian-co

@DarkLink77 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@AM-Gamer said:

It looks better in some areas and worse in others. There are scenes where the new face looks amazing, and then there are scenes where it looks legitimately terrible. It's kind of odd.

i think the same, i decided to watch some videos because i couldn't believe how ugly she was in DE, but it still looks weird.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By DarkLink77

@Krelian-co said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@AM-Gamer said:

i think the same, i decided to watch some videos because i couldn't believe how ugly she was in DE, but it still looks weird.

It's really odd. I like the old face better, but that's really the only complaint I have with it graphically. They did a fantastic job on everything else. It really is a beautiful game.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By AM-Gamer

@endlessinfinity: Because you acted as if I spent $60 bucks just to get a few graphical upgrades. I spent $60 because it's a game I always wanted and now I'm getting to enjoy it. I'm not saying anyone should rebuy it , but if you are like me and didn't get a chance the first time the PS4 version is awesome.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#138 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

PC:

PS4:

I'm digging the improved lighting, denser foliage, and sway in trees of the PS4 version. Looks like the PS4 version is better to me. Will pick this up as soon as my Gamestop gets it, hopefully by Monday.

Indeed. Due to the added physics the PS4 version certainly looks more impressive in motion. If we're only comparing screenshots then yeah, sure, the PC version looks better, but you're a flippin moron if you value a screenshot over what the game actually looks like when it's being played.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 AM-Gamer

@Master_ShakeXXX: To be honest with you the PS4 version looks better in all but one screen shot.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DarkLink77

@AM-Gamer said:

@Master_ShakeXXX: To be honest with you the PS4 version looks better in all but one screen shot.

Or when the new facial model decides to look terrible in a scene.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@CroidX said:

@TheTruthIsREAL: ok dude

I didn't play the game when it came out. I should have, it's amazing. I picked up the PC version day before yesterday off Amazon (which ended up linking to Steam... weird?!) for 8.99. Today I bought the PS4 version because I wanted to see the "definitive" changes and because after having as much fun as I've had in ages on a game, I wanted some actual money to go back to the developers. The game is awesome, they deserve to get paid.

That said, the PS4 version DOES have more effects than the PC with everything cranked to ultra. The differences are mostly subtle (the swaying branches and whatnot are cool, but as fast as the action goes barely noticeable).

What sucks is a lot of the effects actually detract from how good the game looked before. There are SO many particles in the opening sequence I could barely see what was going on in places. Also some of the new effects (a lot seeming to have to do with water) look kind of cheesy. The new lighting is very cool, and I wish the PC had it, because the one other issue I've encountered, repeatedly, on the PS4....

Slowdown! That constant 60FPS line is bullshit. I've hit noticeable lag spikes in multiple places and I'm not even that far into the game. I wasn't expecting magic, but considering my original experience is on a high end PC & GPU and the amount of hyping online and from the fanbase about 60FPS, I was seriously let down when I started hitting stutter in the action sequences...

So, I think I'm going back to finish the game on PC.. I'm still glad I bought the game at retail. As I said, the game is awesome, they deserve to get paid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

... am I the only one that prefers the non-ultimate edition face? she looks freaky as hell.

Shes had model updates for gods sake.... how can the PC version match that? its just a last gen port with better settings.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

... am I the only one that prefers the non-ultimate edition face? she looks freaky as hell.

It was needed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@lundy86_4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

It was needed.

I am the only one confirmed.

Special Snowflake status maintained. :P

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

It was needed.

Lol, this is pretty much exactly what I think whenever someone starts something with "am i the only one..."

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

You are not special :P

@lostrib said:

Lol, this is pretty much exactly what I think whenever someone starts something with "am i the only one..."

Seriously. This person was a smart as a whip.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 AM-Gamer

@DarkLink77: It really looks awesome for the most part. She always has some expression on her face but in stale shots it can sometimes look odd.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

lol botox edition

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@CroidX said:

@TheTruthIsREAL: ok dude

Lol nice. And so true. This game looks mediocre (graphically speaking; I have the game on 360 and actually enjoyed it quite a bit) anyhow so I'm not sure why TC is trying to brag.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@lundy86_4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

You are not special :P

@lostrib said:

Seriously. This person was a smart as a whip.

I wouldn't go that far. "Am I the only one" is not often literal. hell borderline rhetorical another way of saying "Who else thinks...."