PS4 sold out in Japan.

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I just like to know who's posts I can take seriously and who's can be dismissed.

I think we found one.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

They sell them as quick as they can make them no matter where they sell them at. MS on the other hand... There is dust on their boxes all over the place.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Remember when the Wii was sold out for a long time, and lems and cows said it was Nintendo purposely limiting supply to inflate demand?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

The damage control from lems in this thread is too damn high.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Good for Sony, Good for Gamers, Good for the industry.
Not good for haters.
More recognition would in effect make developers produce more better games, even if they are multiplatform. Win for all.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

But the fact of the matter is we've heard the amount sold in japan. Upwards of 330K (322 if we're being precise) I wouldn't be surprised if sony dropped 500K in japan. But we know it's a big number due to how many already sold

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-japan-release-date-arrives-sony-sells-322k-consoles-48-hours-1557870

Yup, tormentos already showed me. I'm simply stating that we do not know total unit shipments. Anybody with glasses will know that the PS4 will do decent numbers.

I'm simply playing Devil's Advocate.

@highking_kallor said:

So you assume they sold one. On to it guy aren’t you.

Not at all. I'd ask you to try again, but I suspect that my point is floating a little high for you to grasp.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

But the fact of the matter is we've heard the amount sold in japan. Upwards of 330K (322 if we're being precise) I wouldn't be surprised if sony dropped 500K in japan. But we know it's a big number due to how many already sold

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-japan-release-date-arrives-sony-sells-322k-consoles-48-hours-1557870

Yup, tormentos already showed me. I'm simply stating that we do not know total unit shipments. Anybody with glasses will know that the PS4 will do decent numbers.

I'm simply playing Devil's Advocate.

@highking_kallor said:

So you assume they sold one. On to it guy aren’t you.

Not at all. I'd ask you to try again, but I suspect that my point is floating a little high for you to grasp.

I agree your not an on to it guy. Thanks for backing me up.

Oh and I would have to be high to believe the crap that spews out your mouth sometimes.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lundy86_4

@highking_kallor said:

Oh and I would have to be high to believe the crap that spews out your mouth sometimes.

Dude, you have 33 posts... Who are you?

You asked if I assumed they sold one, which wasn't my point at all... It wasn't even close.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@highking_kallor said:

You asked if I assumed they sold one, which wasn't my point at all... It wasn't even close.

33 post. I'm just some dude n the interwebz just like you, Who cares?

Is that all you can resort too. Length of time on the board. Wow

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lundy86_4

@highking_kallor said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@highking_kallor said:

33 post. I'm just some dude n the interwebz just like you, Who cares?

Is that all you can resort too. Length of time on the board. Wow

No. I responded to your point. Are you even following this conversation?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

ITT:

Lems still not knowing the meaning of being sold out since November.

Try to call in question PS4s success.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
@SolidTy said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

Couple days ago,"SONY PS4 struggling in japan"

Couple days later "SONY PS4 sold out in japan"

This was what I was referring too in my post. The threads are exactly opposite. One thread was clearly just made too early with the intent to troll users that care about sales. The thread was based on anecdotal evidence and clearly generated early to troll users, but I didn't care. Unless companies give me some $$$, I just want the games, haha. It's sort of interesting seeing users care enough to make bunk threads with little evidence only to be refuted days later, but I guess the idea was to troll for a few days.

Let's ignore the fact every peice of media however has been saying the first one since say .. That point until.... Yesterday...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:
@SolidTy said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

This was what I was referring too in my post. The threads are exactly opposite. One thread was clearly just made too early with the intent to troll users that care about sales. The thread was based on anecdotal evidence and clearly generated early to troll users, but I didn't care. Unless companies give me some $$$, I just want the games, haha. It's sort of interesting seeing users care enough to make bunk threads with little evidence only to be refuted days later, but I guess the idea was to troll for a few days.

Let's ignore the fact every peice of media however has been saying the first one since say .. That point until.... Yesterday...

That doesn't make it true.

That's the point, users should be able to discern which bits of media are fluff pieces designed to lure traffic. Users should know which articles are bait and ignore them. Instead, users take the sensationalist spins and re-post them despite common sense.This has been going on for decades on the internet, and hundreds of years in newspapers.

The trick is to scrutinize the presented evidence in any media piece and if the piece fails, no need to repeat it. It applies to more than gaming journalism, any bit of journalism at all. Politics, Social issue pieces, gaming, sports, et cetera. If the news is sketchy, then people shouldn't post it or give it a second thought. It's a waste of time pretending every news piece ever is legit until it's not. The alternative is keeping your head spinning like a top, confused as to which direction the wind is blowing because of conflicting sources.

BTW, it wasn't in EVERY piece of media, it was some selected media sources. Some media sources knew better, and others just wanted hits on their site and posted the same source.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

I don't think Forbes needs anymore traffic but ok.

@SolidTy said:

@Jakandsigz said:
@SolidTy said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

That's the point, users should be able to discern which bits of media are fluff pieces designed to lure traffic. Users should know which articles are bait and ignore them. Instead, users take the sensationalist spins and re-post them despite common sense.This has been going on for decades on the internet, and hundreds of years in newspapers.

The trick is to scrutinize the presented evidence in any media piece and if the piece fails, no need to repeat it. It applies to more than gaming journalism, any bit of journalism at all. Politics, Social issue pieces, gaming, sports, et cetera.

I don't think forbes is aiming for any ore traffic but ok. Even so, you would need to convince the general public this, but the general public loves spin, so even though you have a point it sadly means jack.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Not really surprised, i think PS4 will end up selling 12-15 millions this year

hm... i would say 12 million at most at most but most likely 10 million.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

I don't think Forbes needs anymore traffic but ok.

@SolidTy said:

@Jakandsigz said:
@SolidTy said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

That doesn't make it true.

The trick is to scrutinize the presented evidence in any media piece and if the piece fails, no need to repeat it. It applies to more than gaming journalism, any bit of journalism at all. Politics, Social issue pieces, gaming, sports, et cetera. If the news is sketchy, then people shouldn't post it or give it a second thought. It's a waste of time pretending every news piece ever is legit until it's not. The alternative is keeping your head spinning like a top, confused as to which direction the wind is blowing because of conflicting sources.

BTW, it wasn't in EVERY piece of media, it was some selected media sources. Some media sources knew better, and others just wanted hits on their site and posted the same source.

I don't think forbes is aiming for any ore traffic but ok. Even so, you would need to convince the general public this, but the general public loves spin, so even though you have a point it sadly means jack.

Well, Forbe's has their own competition like anyone else, plus more hits = more revenue due to advertising.

It's true the general public seems to enjoy spin, but I don't identify myself with the mob mentality. We just have to wake people up out of their pods, one by one.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Bren128: Xbox one's were sold out in the same amount of time too, in every other territory.

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

glad that the PS4 is doing good.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Bren128: Xbox one's were sold out in the same amount of time too, in every other territory.

For like.. a week or two? lol

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Bren128 said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/01/ps4-sold-out-almost-everywhere-again-in-japan-retailer-advises-to-grab-it-when-you-find-one/

So much for that slow start huh?

Who thought there would be a slow start? It sold like 380K units. Sure it's not 1 million in 24hrs, but Sony didn't send 1 million to Japan.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Your thread is based on an unknown factor, which is the number of shipments within Japan. Sony may have shipped fewer consoles, due to Japan's drive toward mobile gaming.

How would that in anyway effect the fact that it became sold out?

It doesn't, but it effects how meaningful this news is. If they had millions of consoles that sold out, sure big news. If they only had a few hundred thousand, then that's less impressive. It just means they didn't have much stock in the first place.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 HalcyonScarlet

@-CC- said:

They sell them as quick as they can make them no matter where they sell them at. MS on the other hand... There is dust on their boxes all over the place.

Yeah but X1s cost more much so I don't think it's a fair comparison, I know people conveniently love to ignore that large factor and pretend it's for other reasons but still.

And if you release in as many countries as Sony did, stock is going to be scarce, regardless of the X1, isn't it better to sell in less places and supply to them well, instead of trying to sell everywhere and not being able to supply to them properly?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

"bu..bu..bu..Xbone were also sold out!!"

LMFAO

no

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

who care ?? this forum getting bored

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
@SolidTy said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Strange seeing you @SolidTy in a pro Sony gobblefest thread. How are you guys enjoying your PS4's?

No need to put my name in your post? I don't go around saying it's strange to see you in a Pro-M$ gobblefest thread, or anti-Sony threads, but I see you all the time. This offtopic, disruptive approach to posting is ill-advised. You haven't said anything relevant to the thread, which believe it or not says a lot about you and your posts. Why not try staying on topic and quoting a user's words you don't agree with? I understand if their post is air-tight and you may not like it, if that's the case, move on to a different thread. Generalizing and antagonizing users isn't logical or paint a good picture, and you have been trolling like this for quite sometime here in SW since you showed up in force months ago.

It's odd trying to single out users based on what thread they posted in. I post in all kinds of threads, very strange. You are in this thread and threads like it all the time, what does that say about you? You take it further going off topic, disrupting the thread to troll users. Here's a typicalpost of mine and yours in the same thread. You can see your slant and recommendations of Xbox, and my post of neutrality. You shouldn't be trying to generalize users.

This is the thread's OP:

"http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/01/ps4-sold-out-almost-everywhere-again-in-japan-retailer-advises-to-grab-it-when-you-find-one/

So much for that slow start huh?"

---

It's a link with seven words asking about a slow start. WOW, a pro-Sony Gobblefest thread...Apparently that's all it takes to be a pro-Sony gobblefest thread, you just post a link and type a single sentence about slow start being false. Hmmmm...Tells me something about you to be honest. I've seen Pro-Console gobblefest threads and this one is not it. This is an incredibly tame thread called: "PS4 sold out in Japan." It's not a big deal at all, especially considering my contribution to this thread.

To answer, I'm hardly using current machines at this time (other than picking up SuperMotherload for $3.75 this week). Lately been playing PC, 3DS, Wii, 360, and PS3 backlog games. I can tell you about at least 20+ Gamespot SW members have played PS4 games with me (in my friends list), namely BF, Resogun, and KZ. Those are friendly posters though and when the machine was newer. Now I await for more games like every other launch ever. I bought the Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, 360, PS3, and Wii at launches. I've been through this last year with the Wii U, and here we are today.

This is what I said in this thread above:

"That other thread was a troll thread anyways.

Good for PS4 and Sony."

---

That's a very mild post above. It's not worth whatever antagonizing you have planned.

I didn't quote anyone and it was short and sweet. I've posted the same thing in Xbox and Wii U threads. It doesn't matter. The only added piece was the mention of the troll thread days ago. To be honest, I don't care about sales of machines once they are out of the redzone (I've said since 2005 in SW and many times over the years), but I thought it was worth mentioning that other thread existence. I knew it was created too early then, and now with figures it's rather hilarious.

A few days ago a fanboy user created thread about the PS4 was struggling in Japan with anecdotal evidence (pictures). It seemed too early for such a thread and no sales figures, but fanbots will be fanbots but I posted something tame in that thread and moved on. By your logic, it was an anti Sony gobblefest thread and I should have been quoted by an angry user like you who didn't like my posting in an AntiSony thread then. It didn't happen. Somehow though, it did happen in this thread with you randomly name dropping me...hmmm. It was clearly a troll thread before which is why my posts were so tame. Hell, my posts were tame and mild in both threads.

This thread is the exact opposite after a few days and some actual Japanese sales numbers. I don't live in Japan and this news could be considering surprising if one saw that other troll thread. It's funny seeing you post off topic about users (again) in a Sony thread instead of being on topic. I suppose you don't like the subject so you may as well attack users in the thread?

That's actually disruptive and off topic. It's why I don't do it, not to mention it's just plain rude. It's easy though, I can see the appeal. If I don't like a topic, I guess it makes sense to target users in that topic, even if they didn't create the topic. How DARE THEY POST IN THAT THREAD!!! Why not just quote the TC for constructing the thread? Because you are bothered, and you shouldn't be.

What?

Did you read the posts in that link you provided? Me slanted and you neutral?

My post:

"As of right now between the new consoles it's the Xbox One. When the new Infamous comes out the answer might change. And by the end of 2014 it could be lopsided in Sony's favor unless Microsoft has some surprise 2014 games. But things like price and power mean nothing when talking about exclusives. The PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One for sure. But if you put the exclusives up against each other the PS4 doesn't look more powerful."

So I can't answer the TC's question without being slanted?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#76 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Heard they're bundling a Tokyo HQ with it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#77 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@TorqueHappens08 said:

My thoughts aswell

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Not really surprised, i think PS4 will end up selling 12-15 millions this year

hm... i would say 12 million at most at most but most likely 10 million.

If it keeps selling at this pace, i think it will

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@-CC- said:

Yeah but X1s cost more much so I don't think it's a fair comparison, I know people conveniently love to ignore that large factor and pretend it's for other reasons but still.

And if you release in as many countries as Sony did, stock is going to be scarce, regardless of the X1, isn't it better to sell in less places and supply to them well, instead of trying to sell everywhere and not being able to supply to them properly?

and was it fair that xbox 360 released 16 months earlier than ps3 and ps3 being a couple of hundred dollars more? all is fair, and i remember people saying that the rate ps3's were selling were actually faster than xbox360 (not sure but i remembered ppl talking about it 8 years ago)

as far as countries and territories go, its kind of irrelevant. ps4s would have had the same demand if they released in 19 or 43 territories. us was under supplied. the demand is there for the major regions. ps4s would have sold a butt load more in the biggest markets if they allocated them the same as thexbox1.having worked retail during the holidays, for every xbox1 my store sold, there were 10 asking for a ps4.

dude just face facts, xbox1s arent selling as much as ps4s. its not doom and gloom for xbox1, but lemmings just have to face facts and take their losses instead of trying to spin everything

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

The fact that ign actually did an article saying the sales were worrisome...is LOL worthy.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@-CC- said:

It took a few days to sell out. How is that selling as quickly as they made them? It took 24 hours for it to sell 1 million in NA but in it's home town it took days just to sell 350k+? Not sure how this a win considering it's been 7 years since the PS3 launched.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@kingtito: you do realise Japan isn't even a 3rd the size of the uS in population, right?

If you scaled things in terms of equal perspective 350k to a 120 million population is just as good as 1 million to a 360 million population.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tyloss said:

@kingtito: you do realise Japan isn't even a 3rd the size of the uS in population, right?

If you scaled things in terms of equal perspective 350k to a 120 million population is just as good as 1 million to a 360 million population.

I think that hardly matters when it took days to sell out. It wasn't 1million but 350k and a follow up to a product that sold over 10million. You'd think it would have at least sold out in 1 day. It's not impressive now matter how hard you cows make it out to be.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 HalcyonScarlet

@jsmoke03 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@-CC- said:

and was it fair that xbox 360 released 16 months earlier than ps3 and ps3 being a couple of hundred dollars more? all is fair, and i remember people saying that the rate ps3's were selling were actually faster than xbox360 (not sure but i remembered ppl talking about it 8 years ago)

as far as countries and territories go, its kind of irrelevant. ps4s would have had the same demand if they released in 19 or 43 territories. us was under supplied. the demand is there for the major regions. ps4s would have sold a butt load more in the biggest markets if they allocated them the same as thexbox1.having worked retail during the holidays, for every xbox1 my store sold, there were 10 asking for a ps4.

dude just face facts, xbox1s arent selling as much as ps4s. its not doom and gloom for xbox1, but lemmings just have to face facts and take their losses instead of trying to spin everything

Actually the 360 head start was fair. It was going up against Playstation brands complete domination up until that point. In fact I think that if Sony hadn't put such a complex CPU in and tried to force the expensive Blu Ray on people, they would have dominated from launch, and the 360 would have performed like the original Xbox.

Straight sales is a little useless, I have always considered that there are variables regardless of the console.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 I_can_haz

The lem denial in this thread is strong

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Stunning victory for SONY.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Sony better get these stock issues situated or people might buy something else. I was so close to getting an xbox one since both consoles are virtually the same aside from first party titles. Luckily, I got the last one (of a brand new shipment) at my local gamestop.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lundy86_4

@SEANMCAD said:

has the Xbox One sold out anywhere on the planet?

Irrelevant. I wasn't discussing the Xbox One.

Apparently I ruffled a number of feathers in this thread. My point was simply that we don't know total shipment numbers for Japan, which kind of dampens the news... Except to Cows. I'm sure it's doing fairly well, but the picture is just incomplete.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lundy86_4

@SEANMCAD said:

there are those who can extrapolate from incomplete data and then there are those who cant..

place your bets!

Feel free to extrapolate from the data, and enlighten all of us.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

370K is what Sony is announcing, pretty solid showing in Japan ... I don't expect those kind of numbers to continue but it's a hell of a start.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

The butt hurt is strong in this thread.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

Been living in Tokyo for 2 years and if it was completely sold out I shouldn't be seeing them in Sofmap.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 lundy86_4

@SEANMCAD said:

you are placing your bets on one theory. We are placing our bets on another theory.

who do you think will end up correct when the data starts coming in?

What theory am I placing my bets on? I've really only said that we don't know solid shipment figures, so it's hard to get excited from simply being "sold out." I already stated that I believe the PS4 will do relatively well in Japan.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 I_can_haz

@CWEBB04z said:

The butt hurt is strong in this thread.

Indeed. I'm gonna need a boat soon to get through this ocean of lemming tears.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lundy86_4

@SEANMCAD said:

should I extrapolate on your point now? or are you trying to say you dont have one

Are you going to answer my question or not? If not, then I don't really see the point in continuing this conversation.

Again, what theory am I placing my bets on?