PS4 sold out in Japan.

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/01/ps4-sold-out-almost-everywhere-again-in-japan-retailer-advises-to-grab-it-when-you-find-one/

So much for that slow start huh?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Your thread is based on an unknown factor, which is the number of shipments within Japan. Sony may have shipped fewer consoles, due to Japan's drive toward mobile gaming.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

This would be a good time to link the thead about PS4 not selling in japan and lul at the lemmings who were jumping for joy with their dancing shoes on.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@lundy86_4:

Sold out is sold out regardless of how many there were to sell. You'll have to wait for Feb numbers being released to get an idea, but the stories were initially coming out that there were PS4's left on shelves which was basically opposite of everywhere else in the world. This shows that the slow start didn't last long and that those units that were on shelves, are no longer there.

This is great news for Sony.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

Good for Sony.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4  Online

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4:

Sold out is sold out regardless of how many there were to sell. You'll have to wait for Feb numbers being released to get an idea, but the stories were initially coming out that there were PS4's left on shelves which was basically opposite of everywhere else in the world. This shows that the slow start didn't last long and that those units that were on shelves, are no longer there.

That's rather simple. You can sell out if you ship a single console, and sell it.

The fact remains that shipment numbers are unknown, thus this seems to be a Cow gratifying Sony (or cows).

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Sony under shipped they shipped 350k consoles only and it sold 92% of that in the first 2 days it's a good idea that are using the same strategy as they did in the rest of the world while there is no games worth buying the system for keep the system understocked so the purchase drive stays high and people will start buying it once they see it in stock because they think they found a good deal and if they miss they won't be able to find the system again for a while.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kinectthedots

@lundy86_4 said:

Your thread is based on an unknown factor, which is the number of shipments within Japan. Sony may have shipped fewer consoles, due to Japan's drive toward mobile gaming.

The thread isn't based on an unknown factor. The thread is based on a fact, that the PS4 is sold out in Japan. Your comment sounds like pathetic damage control of some kind.

We will know the figures soon enough, but this thread debunks the former thread about PS4 not selling in Japan. Just like your speculation about Sony shipping fewer systems, they could have shipped more since it's their home conuntry. Your comment does nothing but expose the way you want to spin this information.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bren128

@lundy86_4 said:

I thought Japan received a large amount? There was an article right before the launch saying how prepared Sony was

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

RIP in piece Xbox One

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@kinectthedots said:

@lundy86_4 said:

The thread isn't based on an unknown factor. The thread is based on a fact, that the PS4 is sold out in Japan. Your comment sounds like pathetic damage control of some kind.

We will know the figures soon enough, but this thread debunks the former thread about PS4 not selling in Japan. Just like your speculation about Sony shipping fewer systems, they could have shipped more since it's their home conuntry. Your comment does nothing but expose the way you want to spin this information.

I just stated the unknown factor, and yet the thread isn't based on it? Okay.

We do not know the shipment number of PS4's within Japan. Knowing those, would add a whole lot of clarity to a rather muddy picture.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

That's rather simple. You can sell out if you ship a single console, and sell it.

The fact remains that shipment numbers are unknown, thus this seems to be a Cow gratifying Sony (or cows).

Simple or not, the end result is the same. As I stated, you'll have to wait for actual numbers released from Japan for actual data. The fact that there are few to no PS4's on Japan store shelves is good for Sony as I'm sure we know they shipped more than one.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4  Online

@Bren128 said:

I thought Japan received a large amount? There was an article right before the launch saying how prepared Sony was

"large amount" is rather arbitrary. The shipment could be large, based upon the projected number of sales within the country. Japan has moved to handheld gaming in a big way.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4  Online

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Simple or not, the end result is the same. As I stated, you'll have to wait for actual numbers released from Japan for actual data. The fact that there are few to no PS4's on Japan store shelves is good for Sony as I'm sure we know they shipped more than one.

Being good for Sony is great, but this is twisting information. We do not know shipment numbers, thus we do not know whether this contradicts a slow start, as Sony may have predicted it and shipped fewer consoles. The picture is incomplete. It's as simple as that.

The fact that I need to explain that formulating a hypothesis on more data, is better than less is rather worrying.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kinectthedots

@lundy86_4 said:

@Bren128 said:

"large amount" is rather arbitrary. The shipment could be large, based upon the projected number of sales within the country. Japan has moved to handheld gaming in a big way.

Lundy86_4, "Sony may have shipped fewer consoles"

large amount = arbitray

frewer consoles = ??

lol

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

How would that in anyway effect the fact that it became sold out?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4  Online

@kinectthedots said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Bren128 said:

Lundy86_4, "Sony may have shipped fewer consoles"

large amount = arbitray

frewer consoles = ??

lol

Did you notice the word "may?" Now, first learn the nuances of the English language. Second, my point is that this is based on incomplete data.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Interesting figure, but without solid numbers hard to say much other than it's selling.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

RIP in piece Xbox One

RIP means Rest In Peace btw :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

That other thread was a troll thread anyways.

Good for PS4 and Sony.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4  Online

@CyberLips said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

RIP in piece Xbox One

RIP means Rest In Peace btw :P

It's a meme.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

This is great news for fans of Japanese games as a whole, it builds interest in the platform with developers to see it selling so well.

gallienb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 gallienb
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

I understand what lundy86_4 is saying, Im surprised that most just dont get it. First and for most i own both consoles so im no fanboy in any way. Here is a little scenario for the dense to understand. IF every store in japan gets only 10 Ps4 but gets 20 xbones. They sell all 10 of there ps4s and sell 15 of their xbones. You walk into the store and see the ps4 sold out and still 5 xbones on the self yet in reality xbones technically sold more at that store right? So basically what Im saying, being sold out really means nothing til you actually know how much had to be bought to be sold out in the first place.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4:

The sold 320,000K+ and it was say that it wasn't moving that fast,now 1 week latter the unit is sold out,so probably 400K i assume,that is way more than UK sold in its first week.

Hell more PS4 were sold in japan in its first 2 days than the number of units sold on UK which is say to be a bigger market.

UK saw 250k Japan more than 320k..

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lundy86_4  Online

@tormentos said:

The sold 320,000K+ and it was say that it wasn't moving that fast,now 1 week latter the unit is sold out,so probably 400K i assume,that is way more than UK sold in its first week.

Hell more PS4 were sold in japan in its first 2 days than the number of units sold on UK which is say to be a bigger market.

Your figures, though assumed, are at least approachable. Unfortunately, we still lack final figures.

I'm simply playing Devil's Advocate, as the PS4 has likely done well. That being said, the article and thread, are rather speculative.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

Your figures, though assumed, are at least approachable. Unfortunately, we still lack final figures.

I'm simply playing Devil's Advocate, as the PS4 has likely done well. That being said, the article and thread, are rather speculative.

Nothing speculative about being sold. Sold out is sold out, therefore it's doing well.

Xbone isn't sold out therefore it's not doing well. The amount of weakass damage control you lems are doing these days is just incredible. How hard is it to admit the PS4 is doing well and selling out worldwide?

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bren128

320K+ consoles sold for a country with the population of Japan is impressive for 2 days. There is no indication that there was a low supply of shipped units. There were reports that it was still readily available after the first couple of days. If Sony really did sell that many units in those two days and there were still consoles available then Id say the number of consoles shipped was probably a decent amount.

Thread states that the PS4 is sold out in Japan. I think Sony is doing well but well know for sure here soon.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lundy86_4  Online

@I_can_haz said:

Nothing speculative about being sold. Sold out is sold out, therefore it's doing well.

Xbone isn't sold out therefore it's not doing well. The amount of weakass damage control you lems are doing these days is just incredible. How hard is it to admit the PS4 is doing well and selling out worldwide?

I'm not one for circular arguments, so read the thread.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 I_can_haz
@lundy86_4 said:

@I_can_haz said:

I read your previous posts and it made no sense. What does the amount of consoles Sony shipped to Japan have to do with anything? If it's sold out it's a great thing. Did the WiiU sell out or even get close to selling out? What point are you trying to make?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#30 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Japanese have good taste in gaming consoles.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@I_can_haz said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@I_can_haz said:

I read your previous posts and it made no sense. What does the amount of consoles Sony shipped to Japan have to do with anything? If it's sold out it's a great thing. Did the WiiU sell out or even get close to selling out? What point are you trying to make?

If they shipped a low number, and sold all of them, then they have still sold out. The better version is that they shipped a higher number, and sold out, thus the system is selling a lot. Now, we do not have shipping figures. Tormentos touched upon a reasonable subject, but unfortunately lacked the shipping figures.

This was all previously touched upon. The fact that I must recite it, falls into the circular argument...

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Couple days ago,"SONY PS4 struggling in japan"

Couple days later "SONY PS4 sold out in japan"

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

ps4 is being sold out everywhere. i just bought one like last week luckily and had to call like 6 places to find one. and just to upset some people all the gamestops i called said they had xbox one's in stock but no ps4s. lol i am surprised that it sold out in japan though.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4:

Strange seeing you, @I_can_haz and @SolidTy in a pro Sony gobblefest thread. How are you guys enjoying your PS4's?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 I_can_haz

@GoldenElementXL said:

@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4:

Strange seeing you, @I_can_haz and @SolidTy in a pro Sony gobblefest thread. How are you guys enjoying your PS4's?

I've been enjoying my PS4 immensely since launch. I just got done with a 2 hour long KZSF/BF4 marathon a few minutes ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

@I_can_haz said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4:

I've been enjoying my PS4 immensely since launch. I just got done with a 2 hour long KZSF/BF4 marathon a few minutes ago.

Care to share a pic of your session / setup so we can share in your enjoyment? I like to see how everyone enjoys gaming.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 I_can_haz

@GoldenElementXL: Nah, my room is a mess right now and I'm too embarrassed to post pics of the mess but here are two pics of my PS4 from launch day after I picked it up....

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@I_can_haz said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4:

Care to share a pic of your session / setup so we can share in your enjoyment? I like to see how everyone enjoys gaming.

Why do u want a picture. ..creepy

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Xbone is being F ed in the A HARD!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@stereointegrity said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@I_can_haz said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4:

Why do u want a picture. ..creepy

I just like to know who's posts I can take seriously and who's can be dismissed.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By I_can_haz

@GoldenElementXL: So you were trying to see if I owned a PS4? Pathetic dude. Why do lems like to imagine that people on here praising PS4s don't actually own PS4s? Is this some kind of new lemming trolling? I noticed blackace does the same shit too. Did you guys plan this?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Not really surprised, i think PS4 will end up selling 12-15 millions this year

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SolidTy

@GoldenElementXL said:

Strange seeing you @SolidTy in a pro Sony gobblefest thread. How are you guys enjoying your PS4's?

No need to put my name in your post? I don't go around saying it's strange to see you in a Pro-M$ gobblefest thread, or anti-Sony threads, but I see you all the time. This offtopic, disruptive approach to posting is ill-advised. You haven't said anything relevant to the thread, which believe it or not says a lot about you and your posts. Why not try staying on topic and quoting a user's words you don't agree with? I understand if their post is air-tight and you may not like it, if that's the case, move on to a different thread. Generalizing and antagonizing users isn't logical or paint a good picture, and you have been trolling like this for quite sometime here in SW since you showed up in force months ago.

It's odd trying to single out users based on what thread they posted in. I post in all kinds of threads, very strange. You are in this thread and threads like it all the time, what does that say about you? You take it further going off topic, disrupting the thread to troll users. Here's a typicalpost of mine and yours in the same thread. You can see your slant and recommendations of Xbox, and my post of neutrality. You shouldn't be trying to generalize users.

This is the thread's OP:

"http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/01/ps4-sold-out-almost-everywhere-again-in-japan-retailer-advises-to-grab-it-when-you-find-one/

So much for that slow start huh?"

---

It's a link with seven words asking about a slow start. WOW, a pro-Sony Gobblefest thread...Apparently that's all it takes to be a pro-Sony gobblefest thread, you just post a link and type a single sentence about slow start being false. Hmmmm...Tells me something about you to be honest. I've seen Pro-Console gobblefest threads and this one is not it. This is an incredibly tame thread called: "PS4 sold out in Japan." It's not a big deal at all, especially considering my contribution to this thread.

To answer, I'm hardly using current machines at this time (other than picking up SuperMotherload for $3.75 this week). Lately been playing PC, 3DS, Wii, 360, and PS3 backlog games. I can tell you about at least 20+ Gamespot SW members have played PS4 games with me (in my friends list), namely BF, Resogun, and KZ. Those are friendly posters though and when the machine was newer. Now I await for more games like every other launch ever. I bought the Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, 360, PS3, and Wii at launches. I've been through this last year with the Wii U, and here we are today.

This is what I said in this thread above:

"That other thread was a troll thread anyways.

Good for PS4 and Sony."

---

That's a very mild post above. It's not worth whatever antagonizing you have planned.

I didn't quote anyone and it was short and sweet. I've posted the same thing in Xbox and Wii U threads. It doesn't matter. The only added piece was the mention of the troll thread days ago. To be honest, I don't care about sales of machines once they are out of the redzone (I've said since 2005 in SW and many times over the years), but I thought it was worth mentioning that other thread existence. I knew it was created too early then, and now with figures it's rather hilarious.

A few days ago a fanboy user created thread about the PS4 was struggling in Japan with anecdotal evidence (pictures). It seemed too early for such a thread and no sales figures, but fanbots will be fanbots but I posted something tame in that thread and moved on. By your logic, it was an anti Sony gobblefest thread and I should have been quoted by an angry user like you who didn't like my posting in an AntiSony thread then. It didn't happen. Somehow though, it did happen in this thread with you randomly name dropping me...hmmm. It was clearly a troll thread before which is why my posts were so tame. Hell, my posts were tame and mild in both threads.

This thread is the exact opposite after a few days and some actual Japanese sales numbers. I don't live in Japan and this news could be considering surprising if one saw that other troll thread. It's funny seeing you post off topic about users (again) in a Sony thread instead of being on topic. I suppose you don't like the subject so you may as well attack users in the thread?

That's actually disruptive and off topic. It's why I don't do it, not to mention it's just plain rude. It's easy though, I can see the appeal. If I don't like a topic, I guess it makes sense to target users in that topic, even if they didn't create the topic. How DARE THEY POST IN THAT THREAD!!! Why not just quote the TC for constructing the thread? Because you are bothered, and you shouldn't be.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SolidTy
@TorqueHappens08 said:

This was what I was referring too in my post. The threads are exactly opposite. One thread was clearly just made too early with the intent to troll users that care about sales. The thread was based on anecdotal evidence and clearly generated early to troll users, but I didn't care. Unless companies give me some $$$, I just want the games, haha. It's sort of interesting seeing users care enough to make bunk threads with little evidence only to be refuted days later, but I guess the idea was to troll for a few days.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Solid hardware numbers but very concerning software numbers, and FF15/KH3/MGS5/Persona are years away.

It wouldnt shock me at all if PS4 does Wii U type numbers until those big games start coming out. =( Thankfully western sales are strong.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4:

But the fact of the matter is we've heard the amount sold in japan. Upwards of 330K (322 if we're being precise) I wouldn't be surprised if sony dropped 500K in japan. But we know it's a big number due to how many already sold

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-japan-release-date-arrives-sony-sells-322k-consoles-48-hours-1557870

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

This was what I was referring too in my post. The threads are exactly opposite. One thread was clearly just made too early with the intent to troll users that care about sales. The thread was based on anecdotal evidence and clearly generated early to troll users, but I didn't care. Unless companies give me some $$$, I just want the games, haha. It's sort of interesting seeing users care enough to make bunk threads with little evidence only to be refuted days later, but I guess the idea was to troll for a few days.

I wonder what's next LOL

"Sony, PS4 numb air 1"!!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidTy

@alcapello said:

@SolidTy said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

I wonder what's next LOL

"Sony, PS4 numb air 1"!!

I missed the reference...Numb Air? Help me with a link?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Strange seeing you on a Pro PS4 thread single out cows...lol

now back on topic i don't think the sales in japan were slow in any way,only beat by the PS2 which is the mighty legend in Japan and the wii which also did great in Japan.

It sold 4 times more than the PS3 so i think it will be fine.

I still think it most have sold like 400k maybe 350k.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Telekill said:

@lundy86_4:

So you assume they sold one. On to it guy aren’t you.