PS4 = PS2 Reincarnation? The Return of The King?

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

obviously

even wii couldnt hit 1 mil within 24 hours if you think about the hype it got

It was insulted when it came out what hype? They did not get the KICK until about 8 months+ after launch.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@-Damien-: yes

Lemmings are at our foot stool

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

Yea, looks like it. I mean, look at all the broken PS4s already. Its the PS2 all over again

man, you are the most ignorant person on SW I think

Man, you're the most butthurt person on SW I think.

not really I got a better/cheaper console.

keep getting overly defensive with your 720p machine in 2013

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@TheEroica said:

@FreedomFreeLife: you can't be serious... Its just Sony alone?

yes.

The PS4 is the only relevant next-gen console.

Nah. But you are a driveling fanboy. So we can agree on that.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@TheEroica: Cry some more lem. It's the most successful launch in history, nothing you say can downplay its success.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

Yea, looks like it. I mean, look at all the broken PS4s already. Its the PS2 all over again

720p machine? I dont have a X1. Try again noob.

KayJayMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By KayJayMaster
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

But the ps2 had weak hardware

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Liquid_

@mems_1224 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

nobody does. are you new to rl?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

well, then your statement makes no sense. how can it be my 720p machine when I dont own one? do you have to wear a helmet at all times?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Hype and marketing can do wonders for sales.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Liquid_

@mems_1224 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

well, then your statement makes no sense. how can it be my 720p machine when I dont own one? do you have to wear a helmet at all times?

I never said you owned it, but you constantly defend it.

nice try lil fella

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62  Edited By AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

Man the Xbone and the WiiU are gonna get stomped into oblivion within two years from now. There is just no turning back.

This is indeed the return of the king.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@TheEroica: Cry some more lem. It's the most successful launch in history, nothing you say can downplay its success.

pfft. I was one of the people who bought it cow... Still, your quote is hilarious.... put your nerd boner away for a while and form a thought before you write it.

read what you wrote... um wut?

@I_can_haz said:

Yes it is. 24 hours in 1 day is unprecedented Playstation Domination.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By I_can_haz

@TheEroica said:

@I_can_haz said:

pfft. I was one of the people who bought it cow... Still, your quote is hilarious.... put your nerd boner away for a while and form a thought before you write it.

@I_can_haz said:

Seems you need to get over your butthurt, and just because you bought a PS4 doesn't mean you aren't a lemming. Trying to downplay 1 million sales in 24 hours is the height of stupid fanboyism so before you call me a fanboy you should look at yourself in the mirror first.

How is selling 1 million in 24 hours not domination? Has any console even come close? It took the Wii 8 days to sell 600,000 and the Wii was a wild success.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

Way to early to tell but what a showing out of the gate. To be able to manufacture and delivery at least a million consoles in 24 hrs is so insane. If they can keep up the production numbers, and no reason why they shouldn't be able to, it's likely there won't be a huge shortage once the first few batches go out. That's different then every launch I've been a part of and I go back to the NES and Genesis days.

Going to be fun to watch and see if Sony can dominate like PS2 days again.

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

PS4 is a big return to prominence I believe.... The PS3 taught them something. Something MS will learn this gen I think, if they're smart.

I'm loving my PS4 right now.... just took a break from KZ MP.... so far I'd have to say its alright... I'm still figuring things out, abilities, guns, etc.

Sniper Rifle seems maybe overpowered, I straight up own fools with it... 1 shot 1 kill... very slow reload though.

Anyway... KZ seems solid, Resogun is REALLY fun, ACIV is great and looks fantastic. I also picked up Knack, just for the hell of it... I'll play through it, but my expectations are low. I'd have to say BF4 is my favorite game on the system atm... but its bugged, and needs reinstalled and updated every play session....which prompted me to get KZ for some shooter fun while Dice fixes it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheEroica  Moderator

@I_can_haz said:

@TheEroica said:

@I_can_haz said:

@I_can_haz said:

Seems you need to get over your butthurt, and just because you bought a PS4 doesn't mean you aren't a lemming. Trying to downplay 1 million sales in 24 hours is the height of stupid fanboyism so before you call me a fanboy you should look at yourself in the mirror first.

How is selling 1 million in 24 hours not domination? Has any console even come close? It took the Wii 8 days to sell 600,000 and the Wii was a wild success.

Im going to spell this out for you slow...

"24 hours in 1 day is unprecedented playstation domination" what does this actually mean? like wtf are you saying here.... sony invented the 24 hour clock?

I was quite happy picking up my ps4 and have been saying since their fantastic E3, that they won my business this go around... My only gripe with them was whether I should actually wait a while before picking one up based on it's lackluster launch lineup (see metacritic, gamespot, ign etc for more on that.)

Your fanboy rage is comical though... keep it going. anything else?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By I_can_haz

@TheEroica said:

@I_can_haz said:

@TheEroica said:

@I_can_haz said:

@I_can_haz said:

"24 hours in 1 day is unprecedented playstation domination" what does this actually mean? like wtf are you saying here.... sony invented the 24 hour clock?

I was quite happy picking up my ps4 and have been saying since their fantastic E3, that they won my business this go around... My only gripe with them was whether I should actually wait a while before picking one up based on it's lackluster launch lineup (see metacritic, gamespot, ign etc for more on that.)

What rage? I typed that on my iphone and it messed up my post like it does sometimes, I meant to say "1 mil in 24 hrs". No need to get your panties in a bunch if you knew what I meant already, it's just that you were trying to "own a cow". You still failed though, you can't own anybody when you're a lemming.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

The successor to the PS3 has sold more in 1 day in 1 country than successor to the Wii has sold all year worldwide. Dayum.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#70 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

First thing that came to mind

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

Not even close

Time Splitters, SSX, Tekken Tag>>Knack and Flopzone

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheEroica  Moderator

@I_can_haz said:

@TheEroica said:

@I_can_haz said:

@TheEroica said:

@I_can_haz said:

@I_can_haz said:

What rage? I typed that on my iphone and it messed up my post like it does sometimes, I meant to say "1 mil in 24 hrs". No need to get your panties in a bunch if you knew what I meant already, it's just that you were trying to "own a cow". You still failed though, you can't own anybody when you're a lemming.

You wrote something that made no sense whatsoever, it was funny, you raged... and the best part is it took you like 3 response posts before you realized it. Dude, I could give two flying shits about stroking fanboy ego's, super cows, sheep, hermits and lems are out of their mind and ruin the hobby for themselves... I enjoy kicking back and laughing while you do it. By all means, continue.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 I_can_haz

@TheEroica: I didn't notice it because I was trying to read your post through my tiny phone screen. In case you don't know reading posts on SW through a tiny phone screen is pretty damn shitty. You could have just pointed out my typo like a normal person instead of being a douche but I guess douches like you are the majority of SW.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

PS4 will be the best selling next-gen console and that's hurting the lems real bad. ;)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TheEroica  Moderator

@I_can_haz said:

@TheEroica: I didn't notice it because I was trying to read your post through my tiny phone screen. In case you don't know reading posts on SW through a tiny phone screen is pretty damn shitty. You could have just pointed out my typo like a normal person instead of being a douche but I guess douches like you are the majority of SW.

I post on my phone all the time friend... probably 90% of my posts are mobile. If you can't take a little ribbing from time to time are you sure you're in the right place? You make it sound like I crushed your spirit for halting one of your massive fanboy posts in its tracks.... you'll live to see another day little buddy.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 I_can_haz

@TheEroica said:

@I_can_haz said:

I post on my phone all the time friend... probably 90% of my posts are mobile. If you can't take a little ribbing from time to time are you sure you're in the right place? You make it sound like I crushed your spirit for halting one of your massive fanboy posts in its tracks.... you'll live to see another day little buddy.

Nah I'm not the slightest bit upset. I'm just wondering what you maturity level is since you had so much time to waste trying to troll me instead of just simply pointing out my mistake. Believe me the only one looking like a fanboy here is you since you're trying to lash out at me for mentioning the PS4's launch was a success. Nothing fanboyish about me saying Sony dominated with their launch numbers if it's true.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TheEroica  Moderator

@I_can_haz: wow... you're too much man. I buy a PS4 at launch... praise sony for the great turn around from last gen, litter the board with praise for a sony exclusive at launch, even congratulate them in one of the sales threads and get called a lem. I feel bad for you haz... you'r goggles are thick.

gamerdude970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 gamerdude970
Member since 2009 • 367 Posts

1 Millon and this is only in North America. Europes launch is going to be crazy I think the ps4 will outsell the Wii U before the end of the year.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

LOL at the bandodger tears of rage

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#81 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

1 Million in a day and already people think it's gonna outsell the DS and PS2. The PS3 had a good launch in Europe but that slowed down massively after about a month.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

PS4 would have owned the world with a next gen Onimusha as a launch title.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@-Damien- said:

1 Millon sold thru to consumers in 24 hours in NA alone

so is it?

I never understood what was so good about PS2 over PS1

All my top PS games are PS1 ones (FF7-8-9, Mana series etc)

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

@Basinboy said:

First thing that came to mind

Hahaha. Awesome.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

Well so far the PS4 is selling well. I bought one but I'm planning to sell it for more money since I don't need it because the only games that I would play are also on PC as well so why bother. I was very lucky in getting one because many stores in my city had sold out of units. But anyways I think for now the PS4 will be the best selling console for a while because Wii-U sales are very low even after a year and the pre-orders for the XBONE are less then what the PS4 was and everyone that I know who play consoles had bought a PS4 and no one that I know owns a Wii-U and they are not interested in the XBONE too. Now could any of that change in few years with the WiiU and XBO selling well? Who knows maybe the XBO or Wii-U will have games that might help sell them better so we will have to wait and see but for now I think the PS4 will be the lead in sales until something can change all that.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#86 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

All it needs now are some games.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Brokenstation judging by Amazon.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheEroica  Moderator

@I_can_haz said:

@TheEroica said:

@I_can_haz: wow... you're too much man. I buy a PS4 at launch... praise sony for the great turn around from last gen, litter the board with praise for a sony exclusive at launch, even congratulate them in one of the sales threads and get called a lem. I feel bad for you haz... you'r goggles are thick.

Feel bad for yourself, you're a troll. I don't care about your previous posts it's your actions in this thread that show who you really are.

You have serious, serious issues haz...

nexus303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 nexus303
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@TheEroica said:

Feel bad for yourself, you're a troll. I don't care about your previous posts it's your actions in this thread that show who you really are.

Yes YES, now let the hate FLOW through you...