PS4 = PS2 Reincarnation? The Return of The King?

  • 86 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for -Damien-
#1 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

1 Millon sold thru to consumers in 24 hours in NA alone

so is it?

Avatar image for EZs
#2 Edited by EZs (1452 posts) -

Yes I think so.

Avatar image for TheEroica
#3 Posted by TheEroica (16183 posts) -

One day of sales =/= Ten Years

It's gonna sell good but let's not go overboard.

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#4 Edited by Shewgenja (15112 posts) -

Slaystation

Domination

Continuation

Avatar image for lglz1337
#5 Edited by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

obviously

even wii couldnt hit 1 mil within 24 hours if you think about the hype it got

Avatar image for Pokemon266
#6 Posted by Pokemon266 (369 posts) -

PS4 will actually dethrone the PS2, because unlike the PS2, Which had good competition from the gamecube and xbox, the PS4 is competing with 2 gigantic flops

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
#7 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3740 posts) -

PS4 can easily outsell PS2 because now it´s just Sony alone because Nintendo fucked up with Wii U and Microsoft fucked up with Xbox One...

Funny, just watch how Nintendo and Microsoft ruined their own launch

Avatar image for Sollet
#8 Edited by Sollet (7994 posts) -

It sure does have PS2 feel to it.

In terms of production quality and sales ;P *prepares flame shield*

Avatar image for Snugenz
#9 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

Another class action lawsuit in the works?, it's a possibility. That's what you meant right?

Avatar image for _Matt_
#10 Posted by _Matt_ (10015 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

One day of sales =/= Ten Years

It's gonna sell good but let's not go overboard.

This.

Cows please stop over hyping the launch. It may bite you in the arse one day.

The launch is highly impressive, possibly best console launch ever sales wise, but it's a little soon to declare it the next PS2.

Avatar image for TheEroica
#11 Posted by TheEroica (16183 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: you can't be serious... Its just Sony alone?

Avatar image for Floppy_Jim
#13 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

They're going to win, that's looking more and more clear. But the Bone will do well enough to cockblock a PS2-esque flawless victory.

Avatar image for XxR3m1xInHDn3D
#14 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

Sony did amazing with marketing. The console that is meant to be for gamers by gamers completely flopped in terms of games. Them joining in with the Banderas circle jerk was an incredibly clever move and probably got them even more sales.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#16 Edited by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

@_Matt_: nooo lets hype launch titles as the second best coming :lol:

Avatar image for Gue1
#17 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@TheEroica said:

One day of sales =/= Ten Years

It's gonna sell good but let's not go overboard.

This.

Cows please stop over hyping the launch. It may bite you in the arse one day.

The launch is highly impressive, possibly best console launch ever sales wise, but it's a little soon to declare it the next PS2.

not gonna bite anything.

PS1 best console of its generation

PS2 best console of its generation

PS3 best console of its generation

PS4 best console of its generation by default

Avatar image for Gue1
#18 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@FreedomFreeLife: you can't be serious... Its just Sony alone?

yes.

The PS4 is the only relevant next-gen console.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#19 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: there is one thing i really dont like lemmings talking about games.. ps1 ps2 and ps3 should give you a hint

Avatar image for _Matt_
#20 Edited by _Matt_ (10015 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@_Matt_: nooo lets hype launch titles as the second best coming :lol:

Seems to be lems point of discussion at the moment, all they can talk about is launch games.

Though cows hyping sales as the second coming isn't any better.

Avatar image for killerfist
#21 Posted by killerfist (20043 posts) -

Too early to tell.

It's looking great for them so far though.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#22 Posted by MirkoS77 (10555 posts) -

I'm happy with Sony at present.

Avatar image for tonitorsi
#23 Edited by tonitorsi (8676 posts) -

It's already selling at a faster rate than the PlayStation 2.

And its the only console in history to break 1 million in 24 hours in the US.

its well on its way.

Avatar image for CanYouDiglt
#24 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7770 posts) -
@FreedomFreeLife said:

PS4 can easily outsell PS2 because now it´s just Sony alone because Nintendo fucked up with Wii U and Microsoft fucked up with Xbox One...

Funny, just watch how Nintendo and Microsoft ruined their own launch

Microsoft already launched their system worldwide since they ruined it?

Also Sony clearly ruined their launch some with all the hardware failures and the low scoring games. The first day hardcore Sony fan buyers did not know about the hardware but I am sure it effected future buyers.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#25 Posted by MonsieurX (34712 posts) -

The sold on the previous hype of the PS3 but now that they currently don't have any interesting games(lol flops and indies and multiplats) for launch,doubt it'll continue to sell that much

Avatar image for Sweenix
#26 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

PS4 can easily outsell PS2 because now it´s just Sony alone because Nintendo fucked up with Wii U and Microsoft fucked up with Xbox One...

Funny, just watch how Nintendo and Microsoft ruined their own launch

Microsoft already launched their system worldwide since they ruined it?

Also Sony clearly ruined their launch some with all the hardware failures and the low scoring games. The first day hardcore Sony fan buyers did not know about the hardware but I am sure it effected future buyers.

All launch consoles have failures. also it didn't stop people from buying an xbox 360 when rrod happened right?

Avatar image for AtariKidX
#27 Posted by AtariKidX (6771 posts) -

Probably.PS4 is the only console in history who have break 1 million in 24 hours.....PS4 is the best next gen console.

Avatar image for tonitorsi
#28 Edited by tonitorsi (8676 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

Probably.PS4 is the only console in history who have break 1 million in 24 hours.....PS4 is the best next gen console.

#PREACH them wise words

#Kazzy,youseeingthis?

Avatar image for Lucianu
#29 Posted by Lucianu (9967 posts) -

No. The PS2 was an unstoppable mammoth in a different time, surrounded by different circumstances, that has long passed. The PS4 doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell to rival it.

Avatar image for SpartanMSU
#30 Posted by SpartanMSU (3440 posts) -

@AtariKidX:

Considering there are a hell of a lot more gamers than there were when the all of the previous consoles lost, this isn't surprising...

Logic. It's hard.

Avatar image for I_can_haz
#31 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Yes it is. 24 hours in 1 day is unprecedented Playstation Domination.

Avatar image for JTH_22
#32 Posted by JTH_22 (1438 posts) -

Off to a great start but I don't think it will come close to 150 million units sold. Still pretty darn impressive.

Avatar image for Sweenix
#33 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

The sold on the previous hype of the PS3 but now that they currently don't have any interesting games(lol flops and indies and multiplats) for launch,doubt it'll continue to sell that much

They don't need exclusives, the xbox 360 proves you can sell a console on multiplats and have little exclusives.

Avatar image for FinalFighters
#34 Edited by FinalFighters (2528 posts) -

i think the 1 million units sold in 24 hours is proof the king has returned to the throne. M$ be cried.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#35 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRzyMy7_FvA

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#36 Posted by nintendoboy16 (30626 posts) -

@Lucianu said:

No. The PS2 was an unstoppable mammoth in a different time, surrounded by different circumstances, that has long passed. The PS4 doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell to rival it.

Pretty much. Going overboard, this thread is.

Avatar image for heretrix
#37 Edited by heretrix (37737 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Lucianu said:

No. The PS2 was an unstoppable mammoth in a different time, surrounded by different circumstances, that has long passed. The PS4 doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell to rival it.

Pretty much. Going overboard, this thread is.

And they wonder why everyone let them have it when their launch titles fizzled.

Avatar image for Heil68
#38 Edited by Heil68 (55394 posts) -

I predicted 90 million sales for it falling way short of PS2 numbers. a 10-12% increase over PS3. MS was not part of the picture till the gen was pretty much over during the PS2 days. Even the Wii with its gimmick that made millions of people buy a console who had never bought one previously couldn't top the PS2.

Avatar image for masiisam
#39 Posted by masiisam (5722 posts) -

The advantage Sony did was to launch a week earlier. For people like me that will get both. Im dropping a grand in a weeks time. People maybe not want to do the same thing as I and wait for the X1.

Im not interested in day one sales. More so 4th/1st quarter sales. That should be interesting.

Avatar image for TheEroica
#40 Posted by TheEroica (16183 posts) -

@I_can_haz: "24 hours in 1 day equals Sony domination"?? Lol even on good days fanboys show their insanity.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#41 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18633 posts) -

It even looks like a future version of the ps2.

It's an omen.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#42 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18633 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRzyMy7_FvA

lmao.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#43 Posted by mems_1224 (54263 posts) -

Yea, looks like it. I mean, look at all the broken PS4s already. Its the PS2 all over again

Avatar image for Liquid_
#44 Posted by Liquid_ (3509 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Yea, looks like it. I mean, look at all the broken PS4s already. Its the PS2 all over again

man, you are the most ignorant person on SW I think

Avatar image for silversix_
#45 Posted by silversix_ (21766 posts) -

the only difference is that its the most powerful system of the three instead of being the weakest.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#46 Posted by mems_1224 (54263 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

Yea, looks like it. I mean, look at all the broken PS4s already. Its the PS2 all over again

man, you are the most ignorant person on SW I think

Man, you're the most butthurt person on SW I think.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#47 Posted by KBFloYd (15555 posts) -

it will keep selling well through the holiday for the fanboys and children...but in january when theres no games and the same tired blu-ray player from last gen.and call of duty being much older and a bit played out...the casuals will not keep buying like the ps2 or the ps3.

i will give credit to the sony fanbase though....they bought it day one with no launch games...they are much larger amount of fans than nintendos.

Avatar image for silversix_
#48 Edited by silversix_ (21766 posts) -

the only difference is that its the most powerful system of the three instead of being the weakest.

Avatar image for TruthArisen
#49 Posted by TruthArisen (403 posts) -

Wonder Woman concedes.

"PS4 has won the generation."

Avatar image for Big_Pecks
#50 Posted by Big_Pecks (5898 posts) -

The shark has been jumped.