Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#102 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Epak_ said:

I'm glad it's not a completely new console, it doesn't even have to sell well, but devs still have to support it and add enhancements to the coming PS4 games. Win win situation if you ask me.

PSVR and the PRO are two disastrous products. Dead on Arrival.

Indeed.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Antwan3K:

Just like you get paid for kiss ms ass all the time here.

You were one of those hyping the xbox one momentum.. Hahaha

What did i told you?

But but but tormentos you can't say anything good about the xbox...

By the way love the whole DC over november npd after your hyping of the last 4 months..lol

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 kvally

Xbox One wins at Target and Costco.

PS4 wins at Best Buy

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 kvally

http://www.i4u.com/2016/11/118139/black-friday-2016-online-spending-pushed-past-5-billion

The five top selling electronic products on Black Friday were Apple iPads, Samsung 4k TVs, Apple MacBook Air, LG TVs and Microsoft Xbox

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178881 Posts

IF the PS4 Pro bombed what does that make the One?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By tormentos

@kvally:

You are not trying hard enough...hahahahaha

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 kvally

@LJS9502_basic said:

More bomb. Bummer they are both bombs and both no longer have exclusives. Why are we even gaming anymore?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LJS9502_basic

@kvally said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

More bomb. Bummer they are both bombs and both no longer have exclusives. Why are we even gaming anymore?

Games?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 tormentos

@kvally:

That is for online sales and last year the xbox one won it as well despite losing november.. Hahhahaa

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

@dakur: Congrats.. You must get paid from every PS4 sold or something..

Considering the fact that I don't get a dime from either of these companies, I tend to not care about these sales wars for the most part.. I have more games on my Xbox than I have time to play and that's all I care about..

November NPD will be interesting nonetheless though for the reasons I've stated above.. I do imagine that PS4 may win the November NPD due to the sales surge from releasing new hardware but wow, I can't imagine the cow meltdowns if it doesn't..

Why would you not care about sales but call NPD interesting then? Aren't you owning yourself? TLHBO.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Dakur

@tormentos said:

@kvally:

That is for online sales and last year the xbox one won it as well despite losing november.. Hahhahaa

It's proof lems are basement dwellers who won't leave their houses. TLHBO.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kvally said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Games?

He obviously still likes gaming, even bought a PRO for those Playstation exclusives :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tormentos

@dakur:

Because he does care he has being bragging about the xbox come back and momentum for months now..lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LJS9502_basic

@Epak_:

Okay. But exclusives aren't the be all and end all to gaming. I mean sure MS will publish their games and Sony theirs and one can select which games interest them....though it gets murky with MS if you have a PC as to whether you need the console or not.....I just don't see why it's a bother about games existing on both to be a problem. There are reasons to select which one you want....and you don't lose out on third party. Now with Nintendo you tend to need another console/pc unless you're happy with just Nintendo. Likewise you need to pick up Nintendo's if you have the others and want their games. It's becoming less important to have all three now though that I grant you.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 kvally

@Epak_ said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kvally said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Games?

He obviously still likes gaming, even bought a PRO for those Playstation exclusives :)

Indeed! I got an PS Pro for PS exclusives, and I got an Xbox One S for Xbox exclusives, and I got a PC for PC exclusives. It's a win win everywhere and for everyone!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 LJS9502_basic

@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:

Indeed! I got an PS Pro for PS exclusives, and I got an Xbox One S for Xbox exclusives, and I got a PC for PC exclusives. It's a win win everywhere and for everyone!!

I will probably upgrade to the Pro at some point but since I have a PS4 it's not necessary and I'm thinking about picking up the One S at some point now. I just wish MS had more games I wanted to make the decision easier. Still I have always had all the consoles and I don't think I want to quit this gen but having a gaming PC makes the decision murkier.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Epak_

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Epak_:

Okay. But exclusives aren't the be all and end all to gaming. I mean sure MS will publish their games and Sony theirs and one can select which games interest them....though it gets murky with MS if you have a PC as to whether you need the console or not.....I just don't see why it's a bother about games existing on both to be a problem. There are reasons to select which one you want....and you don't lose out on third party. Now with Nintendo you tend to need another console/pc unless you're happy with just Nintendo. Likewise you need to pick up Nintendo's if you have the others and want their games. It's becoming less important to have all three now though that I grant you.

Indeed they aren't. Third party is a big part of console gaming nowadays. All of the consoles have their good and bad sides, I'm a greedy bastard and I've bought them all :P I usually get the most powerful console first, it'll be my base for 3rd party games. When Scorpio comes out, it'll be the 3rd party machine for me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 LJS9502_basic

@Epak_ said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Epak_:

Indeed they aren't. Third party is a big part of console gaming nowadays. All of the consoles have their good and bad sides, I'm a greedy bastard and I've bought them all :P I usually get the most powerful console first, it'll be my base for 3rd party games. When Scorpio comes out, it'll be the 3rd party machine for me.

LOL that's what I do. Haven't picked up the One yet but I'm leaning toward the One S at some point. Or waiting for the Scorpio. Haven't decided yet.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Dakur

@kvally said:
Xbox One S for Xbox exclusives

You're contradicting yourself again. Focus lem. TLHBO

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Epak_

@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kvally said:

Games?

So for MC Collection, Forza 5 and Sunset Overdrive? ;)

Edit: Forgot Rare Collection.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Epak_
@dakur said:
@kvally said:

You can't play all the Xbox games on PC mind you, or has the situation changed?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LJS9502_basic

@Epak_ said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:

I don't really like shooters or racing games.:P Sunset would be okay just not a must have. The Rare collection would be cool though. I like to hit up older games once in awhile. I have the earlier Halo games already surprisingly enough. I wish MS would get more RPGs or even some Sega games. That would do it for sure.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Epak_

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Epak_ said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:

I don't really like shooters or racing games.:P Sunset would be okay just not a must have. The Rare collection would be cool though. I like to hit up older games once in awhile. I have the earlier Halo games already surprisingly enough. I wish MS would get more RPGs or even some Sega games. That would do it for sure.

Sunset Overdrive is an OK game, liked Infamous SS better, I haven't really touched Rare Collection yet, I just wanted it :D Halo games are a bore, especially after playing DOOM. When it comes to console exclusives, I liked Quantum Break, really not as bad as some people say. Maybe I'll try out Ryse some day. I mainly bought the Xbone because I don't play games on PC anymore, I just like consoles better.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Dakur

@Epak_ said:
@dakur said:
@kvally said:

Can't you? At least the new ones are all in PC right so at least there are no new exclusives coming. It may have old exclusives though...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 kvally

@tormentos said:

@kvally:

So online sales don't matter anymore? And no, the PS trounced the Xbox last year online and in store.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Epak_

@dakur said:
@Epak_ said:
@dakur said:
@kvally said:

Can't you? At least the new ones are all in PC right so at least there are no new exclusives coming. It may have old exclusives though...

Don't know about the new ones, but I assume Sunset Overdrive, MC collection, Rare Collection, Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2 aren't playable on PC, people can correct me if they want. SO, the console still actually has some real exclusives. Makes me feel better LOL, PRO still owns its ass though :D :D :D

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 kvally

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:

I will probably upgrade to the Pro at some point but since I have a PS4 it's not necessary and I'm thinking about picking up the One S at some point now. I just wish MS had more games I wanted to make the decision easier. Still I have always had all the consoles and I don't think I want to quit this gen but having a gaming PC makes the decision murkier.

I upgraded to the Pro because I am an electronics whore and always want the latest and greatest in tech, even though it doesn't have any games right now. I might pick up a couple in 2017 though.

John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts

@dakur said:
@Epak_ said:
@dakur said:
@kvally said:

you mean old halo and forza lol

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kvally

@Epak_ said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kvally said:

Games?

Depends on how you look at it. For many here, apparently the Xbox and PS don't have ANY exclusives since their games are on multiple platforms. Then you have those that say just the opposite. I just can't keep up. We are all looking for a concrete answer, and we still don't have one.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 kvally

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Epak_ said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:

I don't really like shooters or racing games.:P

Then don't get a PlayStation....the KillzoneUnchartedGranTurismoStation they call it. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Games?

Depends on how you look at it. For many here, apparently the Xbox and PS don't have ANY exclusives since their games are on multiple platforms. Then you have those that say just the opposite. I just can't keep up. We are all looking for a concrete answer, and we still don't have one.

Here ya go, I'll set it straight.... Exclusives are a dead breed now and that's a good thing for gamers, not so much for corporate fanboys....

So the SP has written, "SP slaps chest " so shall it be done. :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 kvally

@dakur said:
@Epak_ said:
@dakur said:
@kvally said:

At least the new ones are all in PC right

Focus, focus our friend....you keep posting false information. Unless that is intentional?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/01/phil-spencer-discusses-microsoft-s-unpopular-pc-moves-and-xbox-one-evolution.aspx

Will all first-party Microsoft games release on both Windows and Xbox One moving forward?

Certain people would love for me to say something as clean as, “all.” Ashes of the Singularity, a game we showed at Showcase for those who were there, a hardcore real-time RTS for PC, is probably not a great controller experience as it requires keyboard and mouse. If I enable keyboard and mouse on a console, which we will do, and then you download that and you’re playing it on a monitor, is that a PC game, or is that a console game? I get out of saying “all” because I think there are games that people want to play on a monitor with a keyboard and mouse and I want to be somebody that builds those games. I also think there will be games where I want to sit 10 feet away from a screen with a controller in my hand with a great sound system and I want to play those console games.

Our intent is where genres and creative makes sense in both spaces, that we’ll put the game in both spaces, and you see us doing that already. But I don’t want to make it some kind of artificial mandate because I think we end up with Franken-game that really wasn’t meant for a certain platform because some suit said, “Hey, everything’s got to run on both platforms,” you end up with something people don’t want. You should expect it when it looks like a game belongs on both platforms, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s a mandate for the studio.

You got REKT again.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 LJS9502_basic

@SecretPolice said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:

Here ya go, I'll set it straight.... Exclusives are a dead breed now and that's a good thing for gamers, not so much for corporate fanboys....

Here's the answer. If it's only on the PS4/PS4 Pro it's an exclusive. It gets murkier with MS because Windows 10 is a PC and PC isn't an MS console. That I can't really answer for you unless you discount PC and go console. Likewise if it's One/One S only it's and exclusive. Same console.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Epak_

@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Games?

PRO and Xbone S share everything with their older models, games, UI, community etc. However they have the potential to play the current and upcoming games better than the older consoles. Xbone shares some of its games with PC, I don't count them as exclusives, they have never been counted as exclusives over here, never. PS4 has exclusive titles that can't be played anywhere but on Playstation 4, Playstation 4 Slim or Playstation 4PRO. Still gotta buy a Playstation 4 to play those PS exclusives. I don't know what MS will do with the future games, but you still gotta buy an Xbone or Xbone S to play Rare Collection or Sunset Overdrive if you want.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SecretPolice

@LJS9502_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:

Here's the answer. If it's only on the PS4/PS4 Pro it's an exclusive. It gets murkier with MS because Windows 10 is a PC and PC isn't an MS console. That I can't really answer for you unless you discount PC and go console. Likewise if it's One/One S only it's and exclusive. Same console.

No muddying the water allowed. :P

Simple, as SW has always agreed, if a game is playable on more than one system it's multi and the bore and bore poo are two Distinctly different machines. It's cool though, multiplat takes nothing away from the actual game other than trying to win SW points by saying my game is exclusive hahah which I think we can agree, that's very petty crap these dayzzzz. lol

Now if we don't all agree on that simple logic, well then, I'm back to Win10 platform Exclusives, half a Billion gamers strong and growing, all playing together playing anywhere. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Epak_ said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Sunset Overdrive is an OK game, liked Infamous SS better, I haven't really touched Rare Collection yet, I just wanted it :D Halo games are a bore, especially after playing DOOM. When it comes to console exclusives, I liked Quantum Break, really not as bad as some people say. Maybe I'll try out Ryse some day. I mainly bought the Xbone because I don't play games on PC anymore, I just like consoles better.

I prefer consoles myself. So yeah I'd rather have the console than playing on PC. Is QB good?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kvally

@LJS9502_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:

I don't think that is the answer, at least not with the Xbox Play Anywhere that Microsoft is now doing. If it's only on PS4 and PS Pro, it would be exclusive IMO. If it's only on Xbox One/Windows 10 Xbox Play Anywhere, it is Xbox exclusive. In both scenarios, when you buy the game from either PSN or Windows Store, you buy the copy once and you can download it on to either system. In both scenarios, not only do you only buy the copy once, but you use one account, one gamertag, one set of trophies/achievements, one friends list, one online service, voice chat is all in one, one system has different hardware than the other, and in both scenarios they both operate on one OS, and both Sony and MS count the game as one game sale, you can use one headset, one controller, and they all share one save, and you use one PSN gift card or one XBL gift card on either system, shared.

But since Gamespot hasn't established that as official, we will just go with what the Sony fans have artificially contributed as exclusive....which is, depends on what day it is.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 kvally

@SecretPolice said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:
@kvally said:
@Epak_ said:

No muddying the water allowed. :P

Simple, as SW has always agreed, if a game is playable on more than one system it's multi and the bore and bore poo are two Distinctly different machines. It's cool though, multiplat takes nothing away from the actual game other than trying to win SW points by saying my game is exclusive hahah which I think we can agree, that's very petty crap these dayzzzz. lol

Now if we don't all agree on that simple logic, well then, I'm back to Win10 platform Exclusives, half a Billion gamers strong and growing, all playing together playing anywhere. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 LJS9502_basic

@kvally: Yes but I don't need the console to play those games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SecretPolice

@kvally:

:)

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8414 Posts

@tormentos: Please show me where I hyped NPD numbers for the last four months.. Better yet, please show me where i've hyped NPD numbers ever.. Even when i when i joined this forum as a cow during the PS2 era, i didnt hype sales.. Games, services, and features >>>>>>> sales (imo)..

And yes, the Xbox division has been enjoying positive momentum recently.. Thats a fact.. Only a blind moron would say otherwise.. And since you're saying otherwise,... ..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Antwan3K

@dakur: I don't care about baseball but the World Series result this year was interesting.. And last time I checked, I still don't care about baseball..

None of the reasons I cited for this upcoming NPD being interesting indicates that I all of a sudden value NPD results more than I have in the past..

Clearly, reading comprehension is not your strength..

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Dakur

@kvally: Lol so devs can decide if they release it only on the bone which is the lowest selling console on the market or release it on both bone and pc. Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath about many devs choosing only the bone but maybe a couple of lem indie dev studios will release their flops only on the bone, who knows, we'll see, but I predict many more ownage in your future lembro. TLHBO

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#145  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

This exclusives nonsense is getting out of hand. Here is the excerpt from the SW board rules:

"So what definition of exclusives are we using? That will depend on the context of the discussion, and that's the beauty of it. Calling Street Fighter V a PS4 exclusive in context of a PS4 vs Xbox One discussion is perfectly acceptable, as is calling ReCore an Xbox One exclusive. Discussing the value of soft exclusives like these in the context of the larger market is a discussion that is now welcomed, rather than before, where it was against the metagame, and therefore invalid.

Of course, an absolute exclusive is still the best, because no one can really argue against it- but soft exclusives are no longer grounds for derailed discussions or dismissal."

In other words, if you are pitching PS vs XBox against each other, it's fine to call things like SFV and ReCore exclusives - because you can't play them on the other system. If you are pitching PS vs PC or XBox vs PC, they are not exclusives in that discussion, because they can be played on both platforms. Context is critical here: are you debating PS vs XBox brands, or not?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By kvally

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kvally: Yes but I don't need the console to play those games.

Not sure what that has to do with what I said. But as you can see, those games are exclusive and match the same setup as PS. In order to play a PS4 game, one needs to have/buy a PS4 or they need to have/buy the new platform PS Pro running the PS OS which is different hardware. In order to play the Xbox Play Anywhere games, one needs to have/buy a PC with Microsoft Windows 10 or they need to have/buy an Xbox console which is different hardware running Microsoft Windows 10.

One game, both running on different hardware for both scenarios.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 kvally

@dakur said:

@kvally: Lol so devs can decide if they release it only on the bone which is the lowest selling console on the market or release it on both bone and pc. Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath about many devs choosing only the bone but maybe a couple of lem indie dev studios will release their flops only on the bone, who knows, we'll see, but I predict many more ownage in your future lembro. TLHBO

LOL, so World of Warcraft is coming to console now? LOL! Good luck!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By kvally

@xantufrog said:

This exclusives nonsense is getting out of hand. Here is the excerpt from the SW board rules:

"So what definition of exclusives are we using? That will depend on the context of the discussion, and that's the beauty of it. Calling Street Fighter V a PS4 exclusive in context of a PS4 vs Xbox One discussion is perfectly acceptable, as is calling ReCore an Xbox One exclusive. Discussing the value of soft exclusives like these in the context of the larger market is a discussion that is now welcomed, rather than before, where it was against the metagame, and therefore invalid.

Of course, an absolute exclusive is still the best, because no one can really argue against it- but soft exclusives are no longer grounds for derailed discussions or dismissal."

In other words, if you are pitching PS vs XBox against each other, it's fine to call things like SFV and ReCore exclusives - because you can't play them on the other system. If you are pitching PS vs PC or XBox vs PC, they are not exclusives in that discussion, because they can be played on both platforms. Context is critical here: are you debating PS vs XBox brands, or not?

Looks like the moderator has spoken, from Gamespot. But as you can see, they are not following those rules set forth by Gamespot.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Antwan3K

@xantufrog: Exactly.. The official System Wars rules have already ended this debate. Mouth breathing cows like @dakur and @tormentos still can't seem to accept that simple truth yet though..

Give them time.. .....

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Dakur

@Antwan3K said:

@tormentos: Please show me where I hyped NPD numbers for the last four months..

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-now-4months-as-leader-in-npd-1-for-october-aa-33368117/?page=1 Antwan Has Been Owned AHBO

@Antwan3K said:

completely well deserved.. it's good to see the market responding to the obvious value package the Xbox One S represents.. good stuff

@Antwan3K said:

At first it was, "lolz nobody is going to buy a Xbox One S when you just announced Project Scorpio".. Well, guess what?.. Xbox One S was a top seller.