PS4 is stagnating while X1 is catching up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#102 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Wasdie said:

@me3x12 said:

@Wasdie said:

@me3x12 said:

You can't even play music on PS4 LOL

I fail to see how that's an issue. It wasn't an issue last gen or the generation before and it's certainly not an issue now.

Why do people cling to that pointless feature?

Wasdie let me say this to you. It's to obvious sometimes your love for Sony although you always been my favorite mod you have been slipping and cracking at the seems and showing your biased towards Sony way lots lately. Kind of not cool when your a mod either because it's potentially bad to Xbox fans and you could be possibly not being entirely fair. I'll give you the benefit still but your Sony fanboyism has been seeping out lots lately to obvious to see.

I've never claimed to be unbiased. I don't know why you are assuming I was. I don't care about the feelings of any groups of fanboys on these forums. It's not my problem if they get upset over my opinion or something I say. I'm just picking the side that makes the most sense to me right now. This is System Wars, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

@2mrw said:

@Wasdie: Exactly .... Sony had the head start .... they made up a system with many great features which put them a head of MS .... so by the time MS would add these missing features, Sony should have kept their edge over MS by adding new ones so that MS would play "catching up" forever. What happened is MS added those features and Sony didn't add anyting so basically, Sony can't really claim anything over MS, they are pretty much equel now.

I am extremey skeptical about gaikai, but it doesn't matter, there is along way ahead of it before launch

You're not really getting it and you're trying to spin this as some positive for Microsoft which it really isn't. The PS4 is still the better buy due to the price, hardware, and feature set. The gap hasn't really closed at all. These small issues that Microsoft have patched up recently have been just that, small issues. Issues that shouldn't have been there from the beginning and even as they are fixed they don't mean much. You're making mountains out of molehills with this one.

The Xbox One lags behind the Playstation 4 in a number of significant ways. Microsoft patching up some minor issues doesn't affect that. Until they drop the price and drop the paywall on basic features they'll always be behind.

WHOA!!! Wasdie your basically confirming that you can be potentially damaging as a mod towards other factions your not into. The reality is you will show biased and I've been seeing it that you could learn towards closing or modding threads based on if your not liking what you hear non Sony praising per say. SW mods casting ban wands like gravy I've always figured this. Although I have noticed mods have been lighter on things in more recent times. But Wasdie wow your poteitanlly toxic in a bad way considering your a mod and have been for a long time LOL

Jesus Christ grow up, @Wasdie is a good mod, and because he prefers a system that you don't it makes him toxic, he's brought opinions and facts into each post on System wars whether it be Xbox or Playstation, grow up you're acting like a bloody infant.

What do we have to do to get me3 banned? This child offers nothing of value when he's spouting off his incoherent, stupefying banality, which gets 90% of this threads locked. He needs to go somewhere else... Like a hole, where he can play his Xbox One in solitude and leave the internet to the at least semi-reasonable. Now, he's calling out the mods. Is there something against Forum Treason in the rules?

Can we petition this to the mods...?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#103 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@Wasdie: i wouldn't call adding twitch support a minor thing, one of the main PS4 features that Sony pushed was sharing and streaming and MS has that now.

As I said before, MS may look like they are catching up, but that's because Sony isn't progressing. The whole discussion isn't about MS, it's about Sony and how lazy they have become after launch. The recent X1 price cut is alarming not only to MS but to Sony as well, because price was a very important advantage for Sony and now it may be gone.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@lazerface216 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@tymeservesfate: ps3 was a better gaming console. It was coming out with lots of unique and high risk games that were just too crazy to ignore.

Uncharted

The Last of Us

Motorstorm

Wipeout

Warhawk

Heavy Rain

Heavenly Sword and many more.

What's the out look for Xbox One? Titan Fall? Nope. Coming to PC and 360. Quantam Break? Let's hope it's good.

Motorstorm?? anyway...Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, then the new games they'll announce at the next E3. in comparison to Sony's Infamous SS and The Order...n another Uncharted i guess. lets be real here...MS is coming strong this gen with games and new ips.

right now the roles have been reversed to where Playstation is struggling with announcing any new/triple A games while MS is popping em out consistently. the ps4 is not an early adopter's console. a lot of gamers are waiting out of pure faith...while Sony is laying off devs and canceling games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/layoffs-hit-god-of-war-studio-sony-santa-monica

popping them out constantly? what the hell have they released since launch?

no, consistently.

and i'm talking about game announcements and progress reports on games. as of right now Sony and MS havent released much besides arcade games and indies.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bren128 said:

So its in trouble because the One had a price cut? The ones already a couple million behind......

the ps3 was 7 million behind, with a higher pricetag than the XB1 has though lol? it came back and almost tied it. yea it took 8 years but still...it happened, so its very possible.

Xbox can cut that 2 million down with a few good games, maybe a price cut, and better features. it already seems to have the features and has one blockbuster game coming in Titanfall next month. and Halo later on this year. then Project Spark, then Quantum Break, then Sunset Overdrive....n thats just the games announce before this years E3.

the system is already in the top spots on Amazon(UK). whether cows want to face it or not...MS and the XB1 are gaining ground with the public.

Titanfall...NON EXCLUSIVE Yes it is MS bought it for Xbox and PC is MS anyway

Project Spark...NON EXCLUSIVE We get it now don't we

Quantum Break...What do we really know? The answer is nothing which = NON HYPE WORTHY It's remedy get real since when do they make a bad game?

Sunset Overdrive...Again, what do we know?? The answer...NOTHING!!! Should be great good developer looks really fresh and new and this developer is know to be decent

Lets add some games. Hmmm

Fable Legends

Forza Horizon 2

Halo 5

Gears Of War

Meanwhile the PS4 is getting....

Infamous Second Son...EXCLUSIVE and will score atleast an 8 here at GS Old new Infamous 2 bombed not that poplar

MLB The Show 14 comes in May....EXCLUSIVE to Sony consoles and is in fact rthe only MLB title this year! Good baseball game but it's baseball LOL

The Order 1886 coming late in 2014....PS4 EXCLUSIVE and NEW I.P. We have seen actual gameplay footage and it looks amazing.Downgraded not full 1080p Gears knock off and no MP

Drive Club coming late 2014....PS4 EXCLUSIVE and NEW I.P. Even at this it point destroys Forza 5 visually. LMAO!!! You mean Delay Club this game has 6.5-7.5 written all over it have you seen the driving physics LOL get real

E3 will be huge for both consoles no doubt and I am excited for both, but even now 2014 looks much more promising for the PS4. As you pointed out we haven't even seen what E3 has in store. Uncharted 4? The Last of Us PS4, a new God of War??

So, lets not act like the PS4 has nothing going for it in 2014! We already know that the PS4 will be getting superior versions of Watchdogs, Destiny, MGS Ground Zeros, The Evil Within, Dying Light and on and on!

You mad Brah!!!

No one is mad, you're an idiot, people do have PC's Titanfall is not exclusive to as much as you think it is.

Mad? Why would I be mad? I own both consoles. But to be perfectly honest the ONLY game I am looking to get for the XBOX ONE in 2014 as of today is Titanfall! I got over Halo about the time I finished with Halo 3! Fable is old news and wont be out in 2014 and neither will a new Gears of War(which we have seen NOTHING about)!! All we know about Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive is what we saw at E3.....LAST YEAR!!! I mean if you have new info and GAMEPLAY on either of these games, please, please share!! You say QB is being made by Remedy so that equates to instant classic?? Alan Wake was a marginal game at best and failed on it original premise!! Plus it was in developement for like 4 years!

Meanwhile on the PS4 we have new I.P.'s that have ACTUAL GAMEPLAY to back up their promise in Drive Club and The Order 1886. Infamous Second Son looks to be another graphical showpiece for the PS4 with a decent story line. Nobody is calling it a masterpiece or GOTY. It will score an 8 here and will be a very fun, EXCLUSIVE game to play.

Now if you want to talk about being mad "BRAH", how mad are you going to be as time goes on and the PS4 stomps the X1 with every single multiplat that comes out! Xbox One 900p and 30 fps.. Vs. .PS4 1080p and 60 fps. It is already happening. Bungie flat out has said the PS4 version is superior and gets extra content first. Watchdogs is know to be superior on PS4. MGS Ground Zeros is known to be superior on PS4.

Oh and hold on to your a55 for this one.....E3 2014.....Titanfall The Difinitive Version for PS4 Holidays 2014...in glorious 1080p and 60 fps. MS doesn't own Titanfall! Respawn is the developer and EA is the publisher! Last I checked, neither was exclusive to Xbox One!!!

Who's mad now BRAH???!!!!

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 2mrw

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

I am a radical cow .... but the way Sony is handling the PS4 after launch is very underwhelming ... they were on fire before launch.

No the way Xbox has been handling their system has been poor, lower resolutions on multiplats? Kinect voice command issues? Features that were not there at launch, and 100$ more than the competition? It's been 3 months and the PS4 has outsold XB1 month after month they've handled the system just fine for the the 3 months they've been out, and will continue to do so. It's MS who's now trying to right their wrongs.

i totally agree, MS had a very bad start, but they are adding what's missing while Sony is watching.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bren128 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bren128 said:

So its in trouble because the One had a price cut? The ones already a couple million behind......

the ps3 was 7 million behind, with a higher pricetag than the XB1 has though lol? it came back and almost tied it. yea it took 8 years but still...it happened, so its very possible.

Xbox can cut that 2 million down with a few good games, maybe a price cut, and better features. it already seems to have the features and has one blockbuster game coming in Titanfall next month. and Halo later on this year. then Project Spark, then Quantum Break, then Sunset Overdrive....n thats just the games announce before this years E3.

the system is already in the top spots on Amazon(UK). whether cows want to face it or not...MS and the XB1 are gaining ground with the public.

How is Sony in trouble though? Thats the question I was asking. Sony does have more first and third party studios and will once again have more exclusives.Sony is ahead and should stay ahead.

Sony doesnt have a better 1st party than MS. they're about even.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios

also there was this thread about it a while ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/microsoft-now-has-more-first-party-studios-than-so-29113359/

we're not even mentioning Microsofts 2nd party Devs. they're all there in the first link. that's a huge misconception on this board. that Sony slaughters Microsoft in 1st party studios. they really don't...and MS obviously has games in the works.

in all honesty, Naughty Dog is the only studio Sony has that consistently puts out noteworthy games...besides them Sony's studios have put out a lot of duds. not many blockbuster games in their catalog at all. so cows saying how they expect all these great games is sort of ridiculous to read. because besides Naughty Dog's games Sony hasnt put out anything really impressive and revolutionary over the years. they've put out a lot of average to garbage games. but not many blockbuster games at all. while MS seems to put out one every gen...Halo, Gears, and now Titanfall looks like its going to make a splash for the system. despite it being multiplat. if anything gamers should expect great games from MS, not Sony.

Actually Sony has more exclusives and more games in development than MS does and its been that way for awhile. That link is over a year old. IF we're talking quality then Sony completely dominates in quality exclusives compared to MS.On Metacritic Its not even close. The PS3 out shined the 360 in terms of exclusives. Why would that change now ? Sony is going to have the exclusives, already has better hardware with most multiplats clearly running better on it. The one is in trouble if anything.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

I've been at Gamespot for quite awhile, and it seems that hardcore lems are getting dumber and dumber as the years are going by. Stagnating?

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#109 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@2mrw said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

I am a radical cow .... but the way Sony is handling the PS4 after launch is very underwhelming ... they were on fire before launch.

No the way Xbox has been handling their system has been poor, lower resolutions on multiplats? Kinect voice command issues? Features that were not there at launch, and 100$ more than the competition? It's been 3 months and the PS4 has outsold XB1 month after month they've handled the system just fine for the the 3 months they've been out, and will continue to do so. It's MS who's now trying to right their wrongs.

i totally agree, MS had a very bad start, but they are adding what's missing while Sony is watching.

Everything is a little backwards with you isn't it? Sony doesn't need to do anything RIGHT NOW Because they've had these features since launch no need to add anything else since they've had the features since launch, and as time goes by it will only get better, It is MS who is watching and trying to catch up and they better do a good job considering the bad press lower resolutions and 100$ more they're charging consumers, and worldwide being beat by Sony in sales.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 tymeservesfate

@Bren128 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bren128 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bren128 said:

How is Sony in trouble though? Thats the question I was asking. Sony does have more first and third party studios and will once again have more exclusives.Sony is ahead and should stay ahead.

Sony doesnt have a better 1st party than MS. they're about even.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios

also there was this thread about it a while ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/microsoft-now-has-more-first-party-studios-than-so-29113359/

we're not even mentioning Microsofts 2nd party Devs. they're all there in the first link. that's a huge misconception on this board. that Sony slaughters Microsoft in 1st party studios. they really don't...and MS obviously has games in the works.

in all honesty, Naughty Dog is the only studio Sony has that consistently puts out noteworthy games...besides them Sony's studios have put out a lot of duds. not many blockbuster games in their catalog at all. so cows saying how they expect all these great games is sort of ridiculous to read. because besides Naughty Dog's games Sony hasnt put out anything really impressive and revolutionary over the years. they've put out a lot of average to garbage games. but not many blockbuster games at all. while MS seems to put out one every gen...Halo, Gears, and now Titanfall looks like its going to make a splash for the system. despite it being multiplat. if anything gamers should expect great games from MS, not Sony.

Actually Sony has more exclusives and more games in development than MS does and its been that way for awhile. That link is over a year old. IF we're talking quality then Sony completely dominates in quality exclusives compared to MS.On Metacritic Its not even close. The PS3 out shined the 360 in terms of exclusives. Why would that change now ? Sony is going to have the exclusives, already has better hardware with most multiplats clearly running better on it. The one is in trouble if anything.

the first link has all of Microsofts 1st n 2nd party studios. u seem to have skipped it.

besides naughty dog's games....what are these quality high scoring exclusives Sony has a ton of? wheres ur list and links now lol? lets see.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 2mrw

@Solid_Max13:

And what would you suggest to make Sony keep its edge over MS while they are losing it one by one?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@lazerface216 said:

@kuu2 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Laying off people = closing down studios? Since when?

They also cancelled a game that was being worked on. It is ok I know one of the steps of mourning is denial. You are probably there. My condolences............

yeah, and irrational just laid off hundreds of employees, what's your point? this is less a problem with sony and more an immense issue with the entire gaming industry. AAA gaming production is becoming more and more unsustainable by the day.

You were saying????

Irrational Closed

Google is your friend go and get educated............Actually I used Bing.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Dilrod

@me3x12: do you really believe half the bullshit that spews from your orafice? Any time you and kuu post, I have brain cells that want to commit suicide. Sony May have financial issues, but they are not broke. And yes Sony can keep up with MS and features.. They just don't need to. Hope you have fun watching your tv from a gaming console from the cable box... Wowzers how awesome to have to keep my xbone on all the time just to watch a degraded tv signal!

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Dilrod

@kuu2: irrational isn't a Sony studio. What's your point? That probably had more to do with Levigne than anything.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@kuu2 said:

@I_can_haz said:

They also cancelled a game that was being worked on. It is ok I know one of the steps of mourning is denial. You are probably there. My condolences............

yeah, and irrational just laid off hundreds of employees, what's your point? this is less a problem with sony and more an immense issue with the entire gaming industry. AAA gaming production is becoming more and more unsustainable by the day.

You were saying????

Irrational Closed

ok? what does this change? what does this have to do with the points i made? now why don't you actually address my post...

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

They're both stagnating. Terrible launch lineups, and nothing really to offer from last gen at this point.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@2mrw said:

@Wasdie: i wouldn't call adding twitch support a minor thing, one of the main PS4 features that Sony pushed was sharing and streaming and MS has that now.

As I said before, MS may look like they are catching up, but that's because Sony isn't progressing. The whole discussion isn't about MS, it's about Sony and how lazy they have become after launch. The recent X1 price cut is alarming not only to MS but to Sony as well, because price was a very important advantage for Sony and now it may be gone.

This whole discussion is you ignoring the truth and making up your own little fantasy world.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@lazerface216 said:

@kuu2 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@kuu2 said:

@I_can_haz said:

You were saying????

Irrational Closed

ok? what does this change? what does this have to do with the points i made? now why don't you actually address my post...

He never addresses questions. Once he gets owned he just quickly changes topic. He's your quintessential lem.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#120  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@2mrw said:

@Solid_Max13:

And what would you suggest to make Sony keep its edge over MS while they are losing it one by one?

Right now they don't need to do much, are you not listening as of now Sony has the stuff MS just got they don't need to catch up it's MS who needs to, Sony will update the system with different options as they usually do but MS just caught up! Sony doesn't need to do anything right now! They're already in a good spot! Again

1) Sony outselling XB1 Worldwide including NA

2) Significant increase in HW power than Xbox

3) $100 less than the competition

4) And according to Mobile, PC and PS4 are best to develop for in that order.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

@tymeservesfate: Well heres a link showing confirmed games/exclusives for both consoles, PS4 has more.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_Games_vs_Xbox_One_Games I dont really have to give you a link for the multiplats running better on PS4 do I? I mean I can give you several ? ;) I didnt miss that link , but you do realize a lot of those studios dont seem to be working on anything atm? Hmm funny. Sony currently has more studios working on exclusives than MS. ( unless ms has a lot of unannounced titles which is possible). Sony definitely has the edge in 3rd party support.

And finally since I actually went back a few month ago and counted every single exclusive on PS3 on metacritic over 80 which totaled near 30, 360 didnt even have 10 lulz. PS3 exclusive games over 90 on MC Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, TLOU, MGS4, Uncharted 3, Journey, God Of War 3, Mlb The Show,MGS4, Killzone 2, LBP2.

Go ahead and count the 360 list. Sony has more quality/quantity exclusives spread across a variety of genres.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@2mrw said:

The PS4 was released with massive advantages over the X1, most importantly are the twitch streaming and the price difference.

Sony never attempted to keep its distance from the X1 ever since .... no major features were added (despite their promices) to keep the PS4 edge while the X1 is getting the streaming service in March, had its price cut (in UK only so far) and it had a major update recently to fix some issues with it.

Sony and its PS4 are stagnating, I don't know what they are thinking but they are losing the edge and what it seemed like a decided race is getting a reset.

Please I beg you not mention resolution stuff, it's becoming boring and for the most part, nobody cares.

More like the Xbone was garbage at launch and has been struggling to catch up for months. But it will never catch up.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@lazerface216 said:

@kuu2 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@kuu2 said:

@I_can_haz said:

You were saying????

Irrational Closed

He never addresses questions. Once he gets owned he just quickly changes topic. He's your quintessential lem.

he's the quintessential mouth breather. i can picture him huffin' away right now trying to figure some witty way to avoid honest, thought provoking questions.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Dilrod

@lazerface216: his reply will be how cows don't have games to play. Last I counted I have 9 games on my ps4 (not counting ps+ games) and three on my xbone.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@lazerface216: I totally agree.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#126 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

lol what?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bren128 said:

Titanfall...NON EXCLUSIVE

Project Spark...NON EXCLUSIVE

Quantum Break...What do we really know? The answer is nothing which = NON HYPE WORTHY

Sunset Overdrive...Again, what do we know?? The answer...NOTHING!!!

Meanwhile the PS4 is getting....

Infamous Second Son...EXCLUSIVE and will score atleast an 8 here at GS

MLB The Show 14 comes in May....EXCLUSIVE to Sony consoles and is in fact rthe only MLB title this year!

The Order 1886 coming late in 2014....PS4 EXCLUSIVE and NEW I.P. We have seen actual gameplay footage and it looks amazing.

Drive Club coming late 2014....PS4 EXCLUSIVE and NEW I.P. Even at this it point destroys Forza 5 visually.

E3 will be huge for both consoles no doubt and I am excited for both, but even now 2014 looks much more promising for the PS4. As you pointed out we haven't even seen what E3 has in store. Uncharted 4? The Last of Us PS4, a new God of War??

So, lets not act like the PS4 has nothing going for it in 2014! We already know that the PS4 will be getting superior versions of Watchdogs, Destiny, MGS Ground Zeros, The Evil Within, Dying Light and on and on!

Well said. Finally some sound logic and in the end, SDC. Thank you SONY <3

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Wow...I never thought a faction would out do the Cows of early last gen(2006-2008) when it came to desperation and stupidity. I was wrong. What will happen if the "stagnating" PS4 sells more than the Xbone with Titanfall? Lem suicide?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

of course there is no link.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#130 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@2mrw said:

I know guys, the truth hurt .... but you need to be sound .... the PS4 didn't add a single new worthy feature since its launch, while the X1 is getting all its missing ones, one after another.

Ok, so the X1 has gotten the things PS4 already had. I don't see how that's bad for them. Isn't X1 still more expensive than PS4 anyways?

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Reading this thread was painful. Literally painful. I can't believe how many people missed the point of the thread completely. I knew some of you guys were thick, but wow. Just wow.

TC is saying that the Xbox has been improving itself since launch while the PS4 hasn't added as much- thus his use of the word "stagnating". Yes it was used correctly, yes it makes sense, and yes it fits the context.

The PS4 had a great launch. It launched with a decent number of games, has a good number of upcoming games, has great features, and is selling well. HOWEVER, the Xbox is improving every day. It's adding features and getting a good number of games (exclusives DON'T matter in this discussion). Yes, the Xbox is still far behind the PS4 in sales- but the price cut, which could become global, could generate a significant increase in sales, decreasing the gap. The Xbox is also adding features to the console, some of which the PS4 already has, adding a little more of that missing value to the console. What has the PS4 got since launch? Not much. It WILL be getting some stuff in the near future, but for the past couple of months the PS4 has been stagnating- not progressing -like the Xbox has. NONE of this means the PS4 is bad or is doing bad, nor does it mean the Xbox will ever catch up to the PS4 in sales. It's simply been a wasted opportunity to get even more of an edge over Microsoft.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@The_Stand_In said:

Reading this thread was painful. Literally painful. I can't believe how many people missed the point of the thread completely. I knew some of you guys were thick, but wow. Just wow.

TC is saying that the Xbox has been improving itself since launch while the PS4 hasn't added as much- thus his use of the word "stagnating". Yes it was used correctly, yes it makes sense, and yes it fits the context.

The PS4 had a great launch. It launched with a decent number of games, has a good number of upcoming games, has great features, and is selling well. HOWEVER, the Xbox is improving every day. It's adding features and getting a good number of games (exclusives DON'T matter in this discussion). Yes, the Xbox is still far behind the PS4 in sales- but the price cut, which could become global, could generate a significant increase in sales, decreasing the gap. The Xbox is also adding features to the console, some of which the PS4 already has, adding a little more of that missing value to the console. What has the PS4 got since launch? Not much. It WILL be getting some stuff in the near future, but for the past couple of months the PS4 has been stagnating- not progressing -like the Xbox has. NONE of this means the PS4 is bad or is doing bad, nor does it mean the Xbox will ever catch up to the PS4 in sales. It's simply been a wasted opportunity to get even more of an edge over Microsoft.

I hope the ps4 keeps stagnating me with free games every month on psn plus. I hope it does not add new features like live gold's paywall and my account works with my ps3 and ps4 unlike gold. Oh psn plus is 10 bucks cheaper if that is stagnation I welcome it. Lems the damage control is out of control. The ps4 has more exclusives and it's more powerful and it's cheaper. Keep wishing on a "cloud" and waiting for drivers or any secret sauce but the ps4 is da boss.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#133 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

One thing that Microsoft is definitely gaining an edge on Sony is the infrastructure for online multiplayer. Titanfall server codes will run on Microsoft Azure cloud platform. People that played the beta can attest to the reliability and quality of the servers. The launch will clearly show the world that the Xbox Cloud platform is the best to be for online multiplayer games if you want the players to have consistent and pleasurable online experience . Better yet, the developers don't have to pay anything to use Azure as long as the game is for the Xbox platform.

Sony with no cloud infrastructure will have to rely on the old scheme of having developer fend for themselves to find servers. E.g., leased fixed number of server that can't scale up, p2p servers, or player hosted servers in which they can set any kind of rules they would like to gain advantage.

I am excited for the future of online gaming with the XB1.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#134  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

The Ps4 isn't in trouble. Sony's finances are more in trouble then the PS4 itself. Microsoft's XB1 will get a nice boost in sales with their Titanfall Bundles and the small price cut in the UK. They will get a larger boost once they launch in the other 39 countries they have yet to launch their system in. Especially if they do all the countries on the same day. They will need to get an XB1 SKU out that is $399 or less before the holidays if they want to keep up with the PS4. Maybe a Halo 5 bundle around that time will help.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@hoyalawya said:

One thing that Microsoft is definitely gaining an edge on Sony is the infrastructure for online multiplayer. Titanfall server codes will run on Microsoft Azure cloud platform. People that played the beta can attest to the reliability and quality of the servers. The launch will clearly show the world that the Xbox Cloud platform is the best to be for online multiplayer games if you want the players to have consistent and pleasurable online experience . Better yet, the developers don't have to pay anything to use Azure as long as the game is for the Xbox platform.

Sony with no cloud infrastructure will have to rely on the old scheme of having developer fend for themselves to find servers. E.g., leased fixed number of server that can't scale up, p2p servers, or player hosted servers in which they can set any kind of rules they would like to gain advantage.

I am excited for the future of online gaming with the XB1.

Clouds huh sorry I have no trouble on my ps3 or ps4 gaming online. If there is a issue kick the person with the slow connection problem solved. The cloud is just a buzzword to make lems feel good.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

lol xbone

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#139  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@me3x12 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Wasdie said:

@me3x12 said:

@Wasdie said:

@me3x12 said:

You can't even play music on PS4 LOL

I fail to see how that's an issue. It wasn't an issue last gen or the generation before and it's certainly not an issue now.

Why do people cling to that pointless feature?

Wasdie let me say this to you. It's to obvious sometimes your love for Sony although you always been my favorite mod you have been slipping and cracking at the seems and showing your biased towards Sony way lots lately. Kind of not cool when your a mod either because it's potentially bad to Xbox fans and you could be possibly not being entirely fair. I'll give you the benefit still but your Sony fanboyism has been seeping out lots lately to obvious to see.

I've never claimed to be unbiased. I don't know why you are assuming I was. I don't care about the feelings of any groups of fanboys on these forums. It's not my problem if they get upset over my opinion or something I say. I'm just picking the side that makes the most sense to me right now. This is System Wars, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

@2mrw said:

@Wasdie: Exactly .... Sony had the head start .... they made up a system with many great features which put them a head of MS .... so by the time MS would add these missing features, Sony should have kept their edge over MS by adding new ones so that MS would play "catching up" forever. What happened is MS added those features and Sony didn't add anyting so basically, Sony can't really claim anything over MS, they are pretty much equel now.

I am extremey skeptical about gaikai, but it doesn't matter, there is along way ahead of it before launch

You're not really getting it and you're trying to spin this as some positive for Microsoft which it really isn't. The PS4 is still the better buy due to the price, hardware, and feature set. The gap hasn't really closed at all. These small issues that Microsoft have patched up recently have been just that, small issues. Issues that shouldn't have been there from the beginning and even as they are fixed they don't mean much. You're making mountains out of molehills with this one.

The Xbox One lags behind the Playstation 4 in a number of significant ways. Microsoft patching up some minor issues doesn't affect that. Until they drop the price and drop the paywall on basic features they'll always be behind.

WHOA!!! Wasdie your basically confirming that you can be potentially damaging as a mod towards other factions your not into. The reality is you will show biased and I've been seeing it that you could learn towards closing or modding threads based on if your not liking what you hear non Sony praising per say. SW mods casting ban wands like gravy I've always figured this. Although I have noticed mods have been lighter on things in more recent times. But Wasdie wow your poteitanlly toxic in a bad way considering your a mod and have been for a long time LOL

Jesus Christ grow up, @Wasdie is a good mod, and because he prefers a system that you don't it makes him toxic? he's brought opinions and facts into each post on System wars whether it be Xbox or Playstation, grow up you're acting like a bloody infant.

You missed bro over your head. He's the first mod i've seen that's really said they side. 99.9% of the time any mod will claim they just support all and want to moderate unbiased to any faction

Because he has some sort of opinion.? His posts seem rather unbiased to me. He recently closed a thread trolling on the XBO. Your just crying because he isn't supporting your toxic fanboy posts.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#140  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

@me3x12: Dude. Go somewhere else. Leave this site. Everybody thinks your posts are dumb, and they want you to stop posting here. Go annoy somebody else, now.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 no-scope-AK47

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@me3x12: Dude. Go somewhere else. Leave this site. Everybody thinks your posts are dumb, and they want you to stop posting here. Go annoy somebody else, now.

I personally find them entertaining desperate damage control is always funny.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Whilst I agree that the PS4 has had a lacklustre launch in terms of additional features and actual games to play, I certainly wouldnt say its sales are stagnating. Though quite why people are flocking to buy one just to play killzone and knack is beyond my understanding. Still....horses for courses and its early days for both consoles.

I am always very satisfied with the features and updates the Xbox's receive. Apps are taking a long time to hit the app store just now, pressumably because they need to be able to function with kinect voice and motion control. I just hope the next wave of apps are worth the wait!

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

@2mrw said:

I know guys, the truth hurt .... but you need to be sound .... the PS4 didn't add a single new worthy feature since its launch, while the X1 is getting all its missing ones, one after another.

Truth is that the Xbox sales slowed down while the PS4 sold nearly twice as much last month in the US alone.
You wanna speak truth, look at the NPD numbers and don't make stuff up.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 tymeservesfate

@Bren128 said:

@tymeservesfate: Well heres a link showing confirmed games/exclusives for both consoles, PS4 has more.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_Games_vs_Xbox_One_Games I dont really have to give you a link for the multiplats running better on PS4 do I? I mean I can give you several ? ;) I didnt miss that link , but you do realize a lot of those studios dont seem to be working on anything atm? Hmm funny. Sony currently has more studios working on exclusives than MS. ( unless ms has a lot of unannounced titles which is possible). Sony definitely has the edge in 3rd party support.

And finally since I actually went back a few month ago and counted every single exclusive on PS3 on metacritic over 80 which totaled near 30, 360 didnt even have 10 lulz. PS3 exclusive games over 90 on MC Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, TLOU, MGS4, Uncharted 3, Journey, God Of War 3, Mlb The Show,MGS4, Killzone 2, LBP2.

Go ahead and count the 360 list. Sony has more quality/quantity exclusives spread across a variety of genres.

lol, are you being serious with that list/link? its a shit load of indie games...and some of them are releases from the ps3. LOL, did you even read at the list before linking it or just saw that the ps4 "looked" longer? it even has Playroom on there for god's sake lol.

plus how would you know what MS's studios are working on? stop lying in the discussion please or ur making this pointless. you have no idea what MS's studios are, or arent, working on. you just know they have more studios.

also your Metacritic fantasy....you listed MGS4, twice, and listed a multiplat baseball game lol. besides that its basically what i said....Naughty Dog all over it. with a few other noteworthy games throughout the ps3's lifespan. remember that E3 where Sony bragged about releasing 24 exclusives that year....how come we don't see any of those 24 on your list?? oh thats right, they were all crap, or just ended up canceled LOL. Sony releases a ton of crap and hopes a few end up good, like i said.

its obvious ur not seeing my point here. that Sony's studios havent been doing that great in the games department like cows like to pretend. they do a lot of game hyping but their games usually end up coming up short...besides Naughty Dog's. Sony's studios are not known for delivering stellar games consistently...Naughty Dog's studio is. Microsoft's flagship titles are always always highly rated and well received. not like Killzone and GOW in ur list...which both released games after Killzone 2 and GOW3...they failed to stay at the quality they're suppose to stay at. which is why you don't see their sequels in ur 90 rated games lists.

not to mention when the XB360's exclusives are added along with XB360/PC games(games that didnt make it onto a playstation consoles) this whole thing changes perspective. its the reason why the XB360 has a bigger library, as a whole. you don't go with Sony for the games...its out of blind loyalty. because Xbox has always had the games. be it Arcade, Exclusives, Multiplay, Indie, or Xbox/PC...Xbox has had them.

plus i would like to note is funny seeing a cow try and fight with exclusives right now. since the XB1/ps4 launch you guys have been all about 1080p/multiplats...or indies. because the ps4's exclusive list is so lacking right now. but watching your retro damage control has been refreshing. like old times, lol.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#145 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@2mrw: more sales, more powerful hardware, cheaper and PS4 is stagnating how?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#146 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

inFAMOUS: Second Son $570 PS4 Bundle Instantly Tops GameStop's Best Sellers; Titanfall Bundle 23rd

Dat stagnation rhymes well with domination brah. ;)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

OP, don't tell us. Convince yourself first.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#149 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

lol xbone

me love the xbox

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#150 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@getyeryayasout said:

Sony doesn't fail for releasing PS4 ready to go out of the box upon release. No major upgrades necessary.

It wasn't ready out of the box. They did have a day one patch to allow you to actually play Blu-Ray movies and connect the PSVita. There were other things missing as well. The Ps4 didn't have a perfect launch at all. BLOD plaqued it and it still having issues with full games being deleted and save files being corrupted. I haven't anything about a patch to fix those things yet. Neither system was 100% ready for launch. That's a fact.