PS4 is stagnating while X1 is catching up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

The PS4 was released with massive advantages over the X1, most importantly are the twitch streaming and the price difference.

Sony never attempted to keep its distance from the X1 ever since .... no major features were added (despite their promices) to keep the PS4 edge while the X1 is getting the streaming service in March, had its price cut (in UK only so far) and it had a major update recently to fix some issues with it.

Sony and its PS4 are stagnating, I don't know what they are thinking but they are losing the edge and what it seemed like a decided race is getting a reset.

Please I beg you not mention resolution stuff, it's becoming boring and for the most part, nobody cares.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

So its in trouble because the One had a price cut? The ones already a couple million behind......

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@2mrw said:

The PS4 was released with massive advantages over the X1, most importantly are the twitch streaming and the price difference.

Sony never attempted to keep its distance from the X1 ever since .... no major features were added (despite their promices) to keep the PS4 edge while the X1 is getting the streaming service in March, had its price cut (in UK only so far) and it had a major update recently to fix some issues with it.

Sony and its PS4 are stagnating, I don't know what they are thinking but they are losing the edge and what it seemed like a decided race is getting a reset.

Please I beg you not mention resolution stuff, it's becoming boring and for the most part, nobody cares.

Loading Video...

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

nobody cares about your posts

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

Stagnating? Do you even know what that word means? Margot Kidder's acting career is stagnating. The PS4 is doing just fine.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 2mrw

I know guys, the truth hurt .... but you need to be sound .... the PS4 didn't add a single new worthy feature since its launch, while the X1 is getting all its missing ones, one after another.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I own both consoles, but this topic is just lame. The PS4 will have MLB The Show 14 coming in May and Infamous Second Son in March. All the Xbox One will have is Titanfall and Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Problem is that both are also available on 360 and PC which means no reason for those waiting to buy a X1 to jump on board which means the sales gap between the PS4 and X1 will widen!

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

my friends i have read the opening post a few times and i fail to see how it demonstrates the titular declaration.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

So let me get this straight.

The ps4 is somehow now slightly worse, because the xbone sucks slightly less in regards to non-gaming related endeavors.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

so let me get this straight, the xbox is finally adding a feature that was present on the ps4 at launch, cutting its price because of lackluster sales all while providing updates to fix their terrible UI and somehow the ps4 is "stagnating"? your logic is profound TC.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Didn't the PS4 just outsell the Xbox One nearly 2 to 1 in NA alone? On top of that, the PS4 just launched in Japan. There's absolutely nothing showing a slowdown in sales.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Solid_Max13

@2mrw said:

I know guys, the truth hurt .... but you need to be sound .... the PS4 didn't add a single new worthy feature since its launch, while the X1 is getting all its missing ones, one after another.

3.5 Million XB1 sold compared to approx 5.4 to 5.5 Million PS4 sold, the truth hurt?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 2mrw

Streaming your gameplay is now a non gaming feature !!! Seriously

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@2mrw said:

Streaming your gameplay is now a non gaming feature !!! Seriously

You must be slow.

And this is a feature that the ps4's had since launch, parading it around is just stupid.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

But Sony has announced there will be announcements of a list of games, greatmess awaits.

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

This thread delivers. System Wars never fails to take the bait. Good work OP.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Bren128 said:

So its in trouble because the One had a price cut? The ones already a couple million behind......

the ps3 was 7 million behind, with a higher pricetag than the XB1 has though lol? it came back and almost tied it. yea it took 8 years but still...it happened, so its very possible.

Xbox can cut that 2 million down with a few good games, maybe a price cut, and better features. it already seems to have the features and has one blockbuster game coming in Titanfall next month. and Halo later on this year. then Project Spark, then Quantum Break, then Sunset Overdrive....n thats just the games announce before this years E3.

the system is already in the top spots on Amazon(UK). whether cows want to face it or not...MS and the XB1 are gaining ground with the public.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReadingRainbow4

@Kiro0 said:

For my remaining faith in humanity I actually hope he's just trolling.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Sony's done, selling buildings, laying off people, closing studios and cancelling games. At the end of it the cows are going to be left high and dry.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Kiro0 said:

he isnt trolling

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Solid_Max13

@Scipio8 said:

Sony's done, selling buildings, laying off people, closing studios and cancelling games. At the end of it the cows are going to be left high and dry.

Yes yes Sony's done just like Nintendo, blah blah blah one game was cancelled, and one studio had layoffs omg it's the end blah blah blah

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

One thing the bone will never catch up in, and that is technical ability.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@tymeservesfate: ps3 was a better gaming console. It was coming out with lots of unique and high risk games that were just too crazy to ignore.

Uncharted

The Last of Us

Motorstorm

Wipeout

Warhawk

Heavy Rain

Heavenly Sword and many more.

What's the out look for Xbox One? Titan Fall? Nope. Coming to PC and 360. Quantam Break? Let's hope it's good.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

3.5 Million XB1 sold compared to approx 5.4 to 5.5 Million PS4 sold, the truth hurt?

More made up numbers. Just keep saying them I am sure that will make them true. VGChartz is also a good source for fiction.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

We will have a better idea after E3.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Herp derp

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Ps4 sells 2 million more units in only 3 months than the xflop lol yeah Sony is in trouble now.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@tymeservesfate: ps3 was a better gaming console. It was coming out with lots of unique and high risk games that were just too crazy to ignore.

Uncharted

The Last of Us

Motorstorm

Wipeout

Warhawk

Heavy Rain

Heavenly Sword and many more.

What's the out look for Xbox One? Titan Fall? Nope. Coming to PC and 360. Quantam Break? Let's hope it's good.

Motorstorm?? anyway...Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, then the new games they'll announce at the next E3. in comparison to Sony's Infamous SS and The Order...n another Uncharted i guess. lets be real here...MS is coming strong this gen with games and new ips.

right now the roles have been reversed to where Playstation is struggling with announcing any new/triple A games while MS is popping em out consistently. the ps4 is not an early adopter's console. a lot of gamers are waiting out of pure faith...while Sony is laying off devs and canceling games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/layoffs-hit-god-of-war-studio-sony-santa-monica

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 2mrw

@lazerface216 said:

so let me get this straight, the xbox is finally adding a feature that was present on the ps4 at launch, cutting its price because of lackluster sales all while providing updates to fix their terrible UI and somehow the ps4 is "stagnating"? your logic is profound TC.

Exactly because now, while the X1 is fixing it issues, the excellent PS4 didn't add anything .... you people make it look like rocket science !!

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Solid_Max13

@kuu2 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

More made up numbers. Just keep saying them I am sure that will make them true. VGChartz is also a good source for fiction.

That was official NPD numbers and I said approx factoring in Japan as of recently.

PS4 5.3 Million

Sorry article says around 3.9 Million for Xbox would that make you happier kuu?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 2mrw

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Didn't the PS4 just outsell the Xbox One nearly 2 to 1 in NA alone? On top of that, the PS4 just launched in Japan. There's absolutely nothing showing a slowdown in sales.

I am talking about features and stuff that would distinguish a system from another, the PS4 has the momentum sales wise, but this is beacuse of the price and positive media coverage which will subside when the X1 matches the PS4 in price and features.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

What?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 2mrw

@gago-gago said:

But Sony has announced there will be announcements of a list of games, greatmess awaits.

Yeah and the Egyption military annouunced they cured hepatitis C and AIDS .... we hear all kinds of announcements all the time.

Nevertheless, I am sure Sony will announce new games soon, not sure if they are gonna be good tho.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Solid_Max13

@2mrw said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I am talking about features and stuff that would distinguish a system from another, the PS4 has the momentum sales wise, but this is beacuse of the price and positive media coverage which will subside when the X1 matches the PS4 in price and features.

It was stated earlier PS4 has had twitch since launch, party chat since launch etc. What features teh Kinect, teh Skype, teh Cloud, Teh Voice commands?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 2mrw

@stereointegrity said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Kiro0 said:

he isnt trolling

i am not :P

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@kuu2 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

That was official NPD numbers and I said approx factoring in Japan as of recently.

PS4 5.3 Million

I have no problem admitting that Sony is ahead that is fact. What I have a problem with is using numbers from February and comparing them to numbers that aren't real.

By the way 3.9 million was announced for end of year 2013.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@2mrw said:

@stereointegrity said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Kiro0 said:

he isnt trolling

mind = blown

i got blown

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 2mrw

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

It was stated earlier PS4 has had twitch since launch, party chat since launch etc. What features teh Kinect, teh Skype, teh Cloud, Teh Voice commands?

Yeah, the X1 suck(ed) ..... now, not so much, it's on bar with the PS4 features wise .... that's my point

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lostrib

@2mrw said:

@stereointegrity said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Kiro0 said:

he isnt trolling

That's disappointing

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

Sony released 5.3 millions number themselves and that was as Feb. 3rd.The Japan launch was around 330K so PS4 has sold over 5.6 million and probably 6 million. The last number we have for Microsoft put Xflop and 3.14 million. PS4 definitely has at least a 2 million lead.

If PS4 is stagnating by selling a million every month then Xflop is floundering...which it is. Price drop and bundling Titanfall is desperation move that see short term improvement, but I doubt it will make for long term sustained sales.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bren128 said:

the ps3 was 7 million behind, with a higher pricetag than the XB1 has though lol? it came back and almost tied it. yea it took 8 years but still...it happened, so its very possible.

Xbox can cut that 2 million down with a few good games, maybe a price cut, and better features. it already seems to have the features and has one blockbuster game coming in Titanfall next month. and Halo later on this year. then Project Spark, then Quantum Break, then Sunset Overdrive....n thats just the games announce before this years E3.

the system is already in the top spots on Amazon(UK). whether cows want to face it or not...MS and the XB1 are gaining ground with the public.

Hey stupid, PS3 outdsold xbox360 every year till 2011, PS3 also had higher tech that justified the price when it launced. Not only this but PS3 had multiple AAA+ GOTY winning exclusives that couldn't be found on any other system.

Comparing PS3 to xbox one is just idiotic and makes 0 sense, in fact that is no comparison. PS3 didn't have bad sales or sell less than the 360 then come back to match/beat 360, PS3 had ALWASYS sold better than the 360. The only reason 360 was ahead in sales is because it had a year head start.

Xbox doesen't have the quantity or quality of games that Sony (PS4) has and everyone knows it and that is why delusional lemmings like you need to stop making fantasy predictions about buying xbox just because it got a price drop. Unless MS pull out some monster exclusives (not talking about mutiplats like Titanfall) and actually compete for customers with games and not gimmiks the xbox isn't going anywhere, and looking at the PS4 line-up vs Xbone now MS doesn't look like they were prepared to fight that kind of battle.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

PS4 was 2 million ahead and was sold out worldwide before the Japanese launch. Now with the Japanese launch they've sold an addition 300K yet OP believes PS4 is stagnating? He's saying that the Xbone which is totally flopping in Europe, so much so that they had to implement a price drop in the UK after just 3 months is pulling ahead? When you factor in that MS hasn't released in Japan and has no plans to release there anytime soon because they know the outcome it makes the OP's post even more stupid than your average SW post.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
@kuu2 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@kuu2 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

PS4 5.3 Million

I have no problem admitting that Sony is ahead that is fact. What I have a problem with is using numbers from February and comparing them to numbers that aren't real.

Xbone shipped 3.9 million in December but only sold 3 million by the end of that month. They sold an additional 129K in January according to NPD. Considering that the Xbone is tanking hard in EU it's completely impossible that they sold 700K or more there. The Xbone is currently around 3.3 million sold to actual customers right now and there are around 600K Xbones collecting dust on shelves hence the pricedrop in UK.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lostrib

@me3x12 said:

Sony shot it's load early now the Xbox One is coming bout face and the death star is fully operation and Xbox One and Xbox Live and hardware and software optimizations are going to wipe the floor with that junk credit sinking ship sony.

lol, it's always funny to see the thought process of a desperate fanboy

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Solid_Max13

@kuu2 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@kuu2 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

PS4 5.3 Million

Umm no it wasn't, all NPD's show the Xbox at 3.9 Million and since MS hasn't released any figures for this month(February) nor has Sony(Since month hasn't ended) this is what I have to base it on with common Math and knowledge you can do it too!

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Solid_Max13

@2mrw said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@2mrw said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Yeah, the X1 suck(ed) ..... now, not so much, it's on bar with the PS4 features wise .... that's my point

Then WTF is the point of your fucking thread this is MS trying to catch up to Sony because demand for Xbox 1 was shit and they were the ones staggering.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bren128 said:

Titanfall...NON EXCLUSIVE

Project Spark...NON EXCLUSIVE

Quantum Break...What do we really know? The answer is nothing which = NON HYPE WORTHY

Sunset Overdrive...Again, what do we know?? The answer...NOTHING!!!

Meanwhile the PS4 is getting....

Infamous Second Son...EXCLUSIVE and will score atleast an 8 here at GS

MLB The Show 14 comes in May....EXCLUSIVE to Sony consoles and is in fact rthe only MLB title this year!

The Order 1886 coming late in 2014....PS4 EXCLUSIVE and NEW I.P. We have seen actual gameplay footage and it looks amazing.

Drive Club coming late 2014....PS4 EXCLUSIVE and NEW I.P. Even at this it point destroys Forza 5 visually.

E3 will be huge for both consoles no doubt and I am excited for both, but even now 2014 looks much more promising for the PS4. As you pointed out we haven't even seen what E3 has in store. Uncharted 4? The Last of Us PS4, a new God of War??

So, lets not act like the PS4 has nothing going for it in 2014! We already know that the PS4 will be getting superior versions of Watchdogs, Destiny, MGS Ground Zeros, The Evil Within, Dying Light and on and on!