JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Would love BB to be on PC. Man, the frametime's so bad, also the horrible input lag, especially at launch.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#102 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17850 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:

I owned every Sega console, every Xbox console, a N64 & a PS1 & 2, and played just abut every genre of game there is, so yeah I've tried a few different things, hermitism isn't one of them, as i'm not a person who buys something only to complain that what I bought can't play other games and take to forums to beg for them lol.

I have access to all the games and play them the best way possible. So, you have nothing on me. I judge games based on quality and not which platform they are on. Keep sucking on that Xbox dick though. Let me help you with the nasty taste....

Dick jokes okay then, how does MS dick taste? I mean you herms have been sucking it for a long time to get they're games, and now you have a mouth full of Sony dick lol.

You're right I don't have anything on you like you have nothing on me, MS & Sony has their big fella on you though LMFAO.

Don't be upset because I don't game on what you deem good, as others deem it shit.

LOL, no. PC gamers leave the dick sucking to the fanboys like you. We call the companies out on their bullshit practices and standards. We don't just bend over and take it.

You do though, by begging for console games you are essentially sucking hard, and I noticed something in your earlier post which I put in bold which is 100% a lie from you.

You judge quality by how many frames a game has and call consoles shit because of the lack of frames in games, so in the end you're also full of shit :)

No bassman no matter how much you want it to be frames per second is not the basis for quality as there are hundreds of games through out history that are 30fps AND quality games.

No lies mate. A game's performance is only part of the formula that determines its quality. Take another L...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By BassMan

@JustPlainLucas: You can keep advancing hardware and have innovation under one platform. You can use whatever peripheral you want on PC. A Playstation console is not what is enabling Naughty Dog to make Uncharted. An Xbox console is not what is enabling Bungie/343 to make Halo. These games can be made on either platform. Especially since they are both based on X86 architecture. Locked down ecosystems are bad. Exclusives are bad. The competition is within the software itself. The hardware is just corporate greed, power, and control for the platform holders. It is not for the consumer.

I don't give a shit about Playstation, Xbox, or Nintendo. All I care about are the games and the developers who make them. The console brands don't mean shit to me.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#104 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@Pedro said:

@subspecies: PC gamers are bitter because they are getting more games? That's some strange logic. Feels more like Sony loyalists trying to handle the losing of games by projecting their bitterness onto PC gamers.

Yes well said, We found something we agree on. Have a good one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#105 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59208 Posts

Watch those pc game prices skyrocket.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@fedor said:

@i_p_daily: You lashing out just makes this all the better.

Making fun, geez you really need learn how to read people better because you suck at it.

You think I (as a lem) really care about a PS4 game losing exclusivity? if so then you're not very bright.

This is just where I make fun of you guys for begging for others belongings while acting like you have a right to them :)

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@BassMan said:

@JustPlainLucas: You can keep advancing hardware and have innovation under one platform. You can use whatever peripheral you want on PC. A Playstation console is not what is enabling Naughty Dog to make Uncharted. An Xbox console is not what is enabling Bungie/343 to make Halo. These games can be made on either platform. Especially since they are both based on X86 architecture. Locked down ecosystems are bad. Exclusives are bad. The competition is within the software itself. The hardware is just corporate greed, power, and control for the platform holders. It is not for the consumer.

I don't give a shit about Playstation, Xbox, or Nintendo. All I care about are the games and the developers who make them. The console brands don't mean shit to me.

Well you SHOULD give a shit about them, because they are the ones that are providing developers with platforms to make games on. As I just pointed out, there would be no Sony PlayStation had Nintendo kept their partnership. Since Sony wasn't making games, MS wouldn't have challenged them with their Xbox, and Bungie/343 wouldn't be able to make Halo games on X86 hardware BECAUSE XBOX WOULDN'T HAVE EXISTED.

Remember, Nintendo back in the 8-bit days was a tyrant. They limited publishers to the amount of games they could publish on their platform per year. They took massive cuts in publisher fees. If Sega didn't step up and start rocking the boat, things may never have changed with Nintendo. Sega also played a major part in allowing mature rated games to be published on consoles. When the ESRB stepped in, games like Mortal Kombat had blood on the Genesis (via cheat code), but was completely censored on the SNES because Nintendo didn't want to deal with the ESRB. It took them a year or two to realize that mature games were selling on Sega's platform, so they needed to get with the times and adopt the ESRB themselves. It is SCARY to me to think what a unified platform would be with Nintendo at the helm. Look at what Sony is doing NOW. Devil May Cry on PlayStation 4 was censored on release, yet the Xbox version was not. Do you want Sony or Nintendo telling you what you can or cannot see under a unified platform? NO! THAT is not pro-consumer. You want options. THAT is pro-consumer.

Let you give you a couple other examples. Bayonetta would have been dead had it not been for Nintendo. It didn't sell well enough on either PlayStation or Xbox for Sony or MS to give a shit about the franchise. Nintendo stepped up and funded the sequel, and as a result, funded a third game. Then, we got to hear gamers bitch about Nintendo securing the rights to it, completely forgetting why that came to pass. If Bayonetta was such a beloved franchise, why weren't you fuckers buying it? If there was one unified console, then no publisher would have given a shit about the franchise and it would have died off. Nintendo had their own platform and as a result, saw an opportunity to keep the franchise going and make their platform more desirable.

Sunset Overdrive. It failed on Xbox, largely in part to MS dropping the ball in the marketing department. Thus, they didn't want to fund a sequel. Would it have sold better on a unified platform? Probably, but if it was still licensed by Microsoft, then it wouldn't have mattered because they didn't market it. Regardless, Sony saw an opportunity to work with Insomniac and make an exclusive Spider-Man game for their platform. Do you think we would have ever got that Spider-Man game if Sony wasn't looking for a studio to make a game for them to sell a platform that never came to be because Nintendo was still running the PlayStation brand?

Yes, competition is driven by software, but the point I'm trying to hammer home here is that the platforms affect what kind of software is being made. Whether it's the big three making their own first party software, acquiring a studio to do it for them, signing a deal with a third-party or partnering with independent studios to help get their games off the ground, platform holders play a huge part in the landscaping of video games today. Homogenizing may seem like a good idea on paper, but I guarantee you there would be games that would fall through the cracks due to whatever reasons. Remember, gaming is a luxury hobby. You are not entitled to every game. You talk about greed, but wanting everything is greed itself.

Also, if there was just one console, who decides when it's time to advance the hardware? Hardware innovation is also driven by competition. This isn't just for video games. Look at all the different electronics in general. TVs, stereos, phones. Having one platfrom will limit your options. Limiting options is certainly not pro-consumer. But back to video games, again, what do you think the technology would look like today if it was just one company? Would we be behind where we are now today? If Nintendo was behind it, most certainly so. Also, we got the innovation of the Wii, the Wii U and the Switch because they didn't want to advance their hardware specs like Sony and MS. If MS was the sole platform holder... guess what? Remember that always-online check, the used game DRM, the forced Kinect? You wouldn't be able to do shit about it. MS would have had their way as there would be no PlayStation to check them.

Trust me, you don't want a unified platform.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#109  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Can't even hide your pain. It's Ok you'll get over your cheating ex boyfriend (Pony)

Another port beggar enters the thread, but this one is "special" as this one carries the name of the company which houses the biggest scam in gaming. How much have you donated to the Chris Roberts and family trust fund???

Oh and i'm a lem you muppet. I just don't like people who think they're superior all the while begging for console games.

LMAO. Keep crying. This is hilarious.

That's it? you should go back into hiding until Star Citizen comes out LOL.

Implying that a heartbroken cry baby is important enough for me to think about a serious comeback.

'wOw sO bAdAss. nO ComeBaCk fRoM mE. Oooooooh'

LMAO. Ponies are hilarious. If you're lem then that's even more funny.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By BassMan

@JustPlainLucas: I know the history of video games and the evolution of hardware in the arcades, PC, and consoles. They all affect each other as they are all part of the same industry. PC has existed throughout all the console bullshit that you speak of and has continued to thrive. You can have multiple hardware vendors competing within the same platform. Look at Android phones.... You have Google, Samsung, LG, Huaweii, etc. all competing against each other. They are all innovating in different ways, but you don't need to buy a phone from a specific manufacturer to play an Android game. You don't need to buy a specific blu-ray player from a specific manufacturer to watch a movie. You don't need to buy a specific mp3 player to listen to different songs. The platforms/mediums are unified and standardized. The fact that game consoles still have proprietary/or locked off ecosystems is pathetic. It is anti-consumer and wrong.

PC companies have their shit together. Why can't consoles do the same? Intel and AMD both make CPUs that run all programs because they share the x86 architecture. Nvidia, AMD, and now Intel make GPUs that run DX, OpenGL/Vulkan games. There is nothing that consoles do that can't be done on a shared universal platform. I would prefer Sony, MS, and Nintendo just become mega publishers like EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Take-Two, THQ, Capcom, etc. on a universal platform.

Thankfully, things are changing for the better. Multiplat games dominate the industry and they usually release on all platforms. Console exclusives are now releasing on PC as well. Many games are adopting crossplay. The old and stupid ways of doing things are fading away. Platforms and gamers are uniting. This is the way.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@BassMan said:

@JustPlainLucas: I know the history of video games and the evolution of hardware in the arcades, PC, and consoles. They all affect each other as they are all part of the same industry. PC has existed throughout all the console bullshit that you speak of and has continued to thrive. You can have multiple hardware vendors competing within the same platform. Look at Android phones.... You have Google, Samsung, LG, Huaweii, etc. all competing against each other. They are all innovating in different ways, but you don't need to buy a phone from a specific manufacturer to play an Android game. You don't need to buy a specific blu-ray player from a specific manufacturer to watch a movie. You don't need to buy a specific mp3 player to listen to different songs. The platforms/mediums are unified and standardized. The fact that game consoles still have proprietary/or locked off ecosystems is pathetic. It is anti-consumer and wrong.

PC companies have their shit together. Why can't consoles do the same? Intel and AMD both make CPUs that run all programs because they share the x86 architecture. Nvidia, AMD, and now Intel make GPUs that run DX, OpenGL/Vulkan games. There is nothing that consoles do that can't be done on a shared universal platform. I would prefer Sony, MS, and Nintendo just become mega publishers like EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Take-Two, THQ, Capcom, etc. on a universal platform.

Thankfully, things are changing for the better. Multiplat games dominate the industry and they usually release on all platforms. Console exclusives are now releasing on PC as well. Many games are adopting crossplay. The old and stupid ways of doing things are fading away. Platforms and gamers are uniting. This is the way.

I could not have said it any better, also focusing on developing exclusive titles might have increased the gameplay quality however it slowed-down hardware innovation because the companies don't see the necessity. The gap between consoles and PC haven't been closed yet and many games are still being downgraded due to this reason

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@BassMan: Thats a lot words just to say you're jealous of the games consoles players get.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BassMan

@vfighter: Nice try. I have the consoles for exclusives. I don't miss out on any games.

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

Select PlayStation games releasing on PC is a smart way to lure people into the PlayStation ecosystem. But, full-on day-and-date PC releases for every game is a terrible strategy. Sony isn't Microsoft, they're not trying to sell their OS and acompanying services like the latter. They're selling a closed platform, so most of their newest titles should still be exclusive to PS5, at least for a good 3-4 years.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56288 Posts

@Arkhalipso said:

All this drooling over one 3 year old exclusive is hilarious.

It's still my all time favorite PS4 exclusive game of 2017 and still treasure it to this day and God of War 4 is seconds. If it comes to PC, I'll double-dip and if not, no biggie, I'll play it on my base PS4.

No offence but you sound jelly because HZD is coming to other systems like on PC. Don't you wanna see this game grows if it gets release on another platform?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

I can't ever see Sony releasing exclusives day on day on pc. That's the difference between Sony and MS they still want to sell consoles.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 the_master_race
@TheMisterManGuy said:

Select PlayStation games releasing on PC is a smart way to lure people into the PlayStation ecosystem. But, full-on day-and-date PC releases for every game is a terrible strategy. Sony isn't Microsoft, they're not trying to sell their OS and acompanying services like the latter. They're selling a closed platform, so most of their newest titles should still be exclusive to PS5, at least for a good 3-4 years.

I think Sony should learn to adopt just like Valve and Epic did, PC is not a business rival , it's a high-potential target market

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

@the_master_race said:

I think Sony should learn to adopt just like Valve and Epic did, PC is not a business rival , it's a high-potential target market

Releasing a few of their games on PC is benificial for marketing purposes. But at the end of the day, Sony has a platform to sell, so most of their games should be exclusive to PS5. PC should just be used to lure people into the ecosystem.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By the_master_race
@robert_sparkes said:

I can't ever see Sony releasing exclusives day on day on pc. That's the difference between Sony and MS they still want to sell consoles.

only a minority of people buy consoles for the exclusives and most of them are PC gamers

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@the_master_race: I'm skeptical. I would posit almost all console purchases are influenced by exclusives. Whether they are "true" exclusives, per the constant arguing of definitions here on SW is a different story - but I doubt anyone chooses PS or Xbox or Nintendo without hype surrounding their mascots and "unique gaming experiences". Mario, Halo, Forza, Uncharted, whatever - these games, even when on PC too - distinguish one platform from another

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@BassMan said:

the point I'm trying to hammer home here is that the platforms affect what kind of software is being made.

^^^^^ This can't be overstated!

The cretins on this board want CONSOLE OF EXCLUSIVE GAMES to be multiplatform? (smfh) which is the most idiotic and backwards thinking fairy tale logic this moronic group of fake gamers has rallied for so far.

Here's a question for you mental midgets who are making this request, The PC is an open platform now and it has the largest player base in the HD space...why don't you get console exclusive quality games on PC now that aren't console ports???

I'll get to the answer in a bit but let me continue...

Tell me why there are HUNDREDS of game that come out every year (something that PC fanboys constantly remind console fans about being in favor of PC) but...almost every year we never hear anything about any of those games and it's the console exclusive titles that end up at the top of the ratings chart, most polished, highest praised and most desired games in any year?

Why aren't any of those hundreads more PC games that PC fans brag about NEVER talked about for anything other than fodder for "we have more games" PC fanboy chart?

ANSWER:

None of those console multiplats or PC specific titles need to be so good they can push someone to buy a entire $300 to $500 dollar system just to play that game alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is what a console exclusive is really supposed to be for!

Being better or higher quality than anything else you can find on the market is what defines a "console exclusive"

Thus the gaming industry coined the phrase: *SYSTEM SELLER*.

SMFH it's like you clowns forgot gaming history or never fkn understood it.

POINT:

You won't get "Sony console exclusive" quality titles anymore if Sony decided to go multiplatform...

BECAUSE SONY WILL NO LONGER NEED TO MAKE "SYSTEM SELLERS"!

"IF" Sony "exclusive" games being multiplatform became the norm, you can FORGET about having the same high quality console exclusive games you nimrods are drooling over now. Simply because Sony wont make them, and you'd be back to your current mutiplatform level, dime a dozen, generic titles you get on your PC right now.

If you want to challenge this.....I'll just point you to SEGA. I rest my case.

If SEGA was still selling a console we'd 100% have a AAA Panzer Dragoon and Virtua Figher. But now? why bother??? NOTHING good come from SEGA going multiplatform, we just get less games and lower quality games.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@the_master_race: Wow...that was incredibly stupid, were you trying to make a joke maybe or something?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@BassMan said:

the point I'm trying to hammer home here is that the platforms affect what kind of software is being made.

The cretins on this board want CONSOLE OF EXCLUSIVE GAMES to be multiplatform? (smfh) which is the most idiotic and backwards thinking fairy tale logic this moronic group of fake gamers has rallied for so far.

Here's a question for you mental midgets who are making this request, The PC is an open platform now and it has the largest player base in the HD space...why don't you get console exclusive quality games on PC now that aren't console ports???

i see someone still hasn't learned to disagree without being disagreeable

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

Remember, Nintendo back in the 8-bit days was a tyrant.

Nintendo in that era is widely credited for saving the gaming market from an impeding death. The fact that they limited publishers from releasing sholveware is a good thing.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By the_master_race
@xantufrog said:

@the_master_race: I'm skeptical. I would posit almost all console purchases are influenced by exclusives. Whether they are "true" exclusives, per the constant arguing of definitions here on SW is a different story - but I doubt anyone chooses PS or Xbox or Nintendowithout hype surrounding their mascots and "unique gaming experiences". Mario, Halo, Forza, Uncharted, whatever - these games, even when on PC too - distinguish one platform from another

do you think people will abandon their consoles if all the exclusives titles come to PC on day one ?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@fedor said:

Making fun, geez you really need learn how to read people better because you suck at it.

You think I (as a lem) really care about a PS4 game losing exclusivity? if so then you're not very bright.

This is just where I make fun of you guys for begging for others belongings while acting like you have a right to them :)

Quite ironic because it's you who needs to step out of SW for a day or two. Belonging...LMAO!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 xantufrog  Moderator

@the_master_race: some people will, some won't. Some people somply prefer to game on console. But that's a sidestep from my point - I am almost certain the vast majority of console owners choose their systems because of the games; "console exclusive" is a thing, and even if the game is on PC I think people will still use the differences in games as the major differentiator to choose between PS or XBox or Nintendo if they are not a PC gamer.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@boxrekt: I love that news of Sony going multiplat is hurting you so much.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@BassMan said:

If you know you're history, then why are you ignoring it? Do you know why Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft even make games? Because they made platforms! Do you think they'd still be as prolific as they were without making hardware to move their software? Jesus Christ, look at MS now. Look at how Xbox has suffered because of how MS has adopted the Play Anywhere attitude. Xbox has lost all its identity. Look at what MS does with certain game studios. Do you want a mega publisher to buy up studios and do nothing with them like Rare? This will get worse if they were all united. Sure, third party games will thrive, but do you honestly think the three will be as motivated to make their best games anymore when there's no reason to differentiate themselves from each other? THIS IS ALREADY HAPPENING WITH MICROSOFT!

You are proving my point by listing Google, Samsung, LG, Huaweii. What games have THEY made? None. They don't need to. They make unified tech, so there's no point. What PC manufacturer do you know of that makes games today? HP? Dell? Acer? PC and mobile have no distinct identity because there's no reason for hardware manufacturers to compete with each other in terms of games. It's all about power and features. If this happens to consoles, I guarantee you we'll see less games from the big three. They'll just sit back and collect hardware money while the third parties do most of the software work. Look at Rockstar. They stopped making games when the realized they have a major source of revenue.

Things may be changing, but I'm telling you, it's not for the better. Sure, there will still be plenty of games to play, but once again, the big three will be less inclined to compete amongst each other, because there will be no hardware identity to drive their software innovation. I do not want this to happen, because if it did, we'd never have Nintendo make something like the Switch.

Regardless, you seem to be ignoring my concrete examples, so there's no point in arguing with you anymore.

@boxrekt said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@BassMan said:

Thank you for agreeing with me, but I wish you would have done it ... in a more composed fashion.

@Juub1990 said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

Remember, Nintendo back in the 8-bit days was a tyrant.

Nintendo in that era is widely credited for saving the gaming market from an impeding death. The fact that they limited publishers from releasing sholveware is a good thing.

Tyranny can save by ruling with iron fist, but it can also destroy with the same power. Imagine if no one challenged Nintendo in the 80s and they continued to hold down the industry with no other platforms being made... What do you think that would be like? How many mature franchises would never see the light on their platforms? Tyranny is never good.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By the_master_race

@xantufrog said:

@the_master_race: some people will, some won't. Some people somply prefer to game on console. But that's a sidestep from my point - I am almost certain the vast majority of console owners choose their systems because of the games; "console exclusive" is a thing, and even if the game is on PC I think people will still use the differences in games as the major differentiator to choose between PS or XBox or Nintendo if they are not a PC gamer.

Yep , people buy consoles to play games and you know how many of those games are exclusive .....

google this "top ten premium games by revenue for 2019" and then you'll see how much people care

imo the major differentiators are Price , Quality of service , Convenience and the size of the Library

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#131  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts
Your essays on Sony's
Your essays on Sony's "betrayal" makes me

@boxrekt:

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 xantufrog  Moderator

@the_master_race: I don't agree at all. Of course multiplats sell tons - they arr designed to be of mass appeal for the most part. But that's not why people choose their console. I'm sure of it. My consoles are full of multiplats - yet I have never ever bought one because of them. I pick the console knowing/thinking/hoping it will bring gaming experiences to my taste that I wouldn't get on the other choice.

IF all games were multiplats then I would agree - the obvious differentiator would be services and hardware.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Pedro

@xantufrog: There is more evidence that the gaming population buy consoles for price, convenience and multi platform games(they buy these games the absolute most). Multi platform games sells the most on both PS4 and One. I am not talking about combined sales. Exclusives really aid in hype and satisfying the dedicated fans. That's why the attachment rates are so low.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@Pedro: I'm saying I dont think that means what you and master race are arguing. I'm not disagreeing that those numbers are real. I think people choose the system for its exclusives; I think thet are bait, promise of other unanaounced treats to come, they offer a sense of superiority or a sense of identity, etc. Probably mean different things to different people, and different people buy different exclusives. Not everyone bought Spiderman. I didn't. Some of us go for Spiderman, others go for Gravity Rush. Some go for Gears, others go for Forza. But those games might not sell the most, but they put the flavor and promise of what being an "___ owner" means. Not multiplats. Once you have it, sure - you gobble up all the big new titles regardless of exclusivity. But that's not why one chooses XBox over PS I'm sure

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Pedro

@xantufrog said:

@Pedro: I'm saying I dont think that means what you and master race are arguing. I'm not disagreeing that those numbers are real. I think people choose the system for its exclusives; I think thet are bait, promise, offer a sense of superiority, a sense of identity, etc. Probably mean different things to different people, and different people buy different exclusives. Not everyone bought Spiderman. I didn't. Some of us go for Spiderman, others go for Gravity Rush. Some go for Gears, others go for Forza. But those games might not sell the most, but they put the flavor and promise of what being an ___ means. Not multiplats.

I think some people buy consoles for exclusives and these people are not the majority. The average gamer formula tends to be very simple and stress free. "Can I play game A and probably game B?" That's it. Game A or B most likely would be a multi platform game. Key word most likely, purely based on numbers.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@Pedro: the reason I disagree is that I assume most will buy *A* console anyway. So, if that's a given (and maybe you don't agree), they are going to get their multiplats either way on a PS or XBox. So they need something else to go off of when choosing the brand. I don't think it's rational, I don't think it's done with consideration that the exclusives are now a teensy tiny proportion of the games that will come out.

If people were going to always go for the most power or features or something then everyone would just be on PC. That hasn't happened. So I think many people are going to buy a cheap off-the shelf console no matter what; and then it just comes down to the games that will draw them more towards one or the other.

Sony and MS know that PC is a sort of alternate gaming reality; putting a game on PC likely broadens the market for it to sell in more than it cannibalizes the console market in favor of PC. Again, in my view *some people* (myself likely) would stop buying consoles if all exclusives came to PC day 1, but I think there's a huge number of people that frankly don't care PC exists and they are really just going to decide between a $500 XBox or $500 PS4. To make up a number from my butt: I bet selling HZD on PC will have a single-digit percentage point change on future hardware sales, but add 15% more to the software sales. A totally worthwhile trade, that has almost no impact on the PS vs XBox war.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By BassMan

@JustPlainLucas: @boxrekt:

We can have good hardware and good games without a company doing both. Good games are made from gathering the right group of people and providing them with the necessary money and resources. Sony, MS, and Nintendo are not the only publishers out there that enable these circumstances. I do not judge exclusive games any differently than multiplats. A game is a game. All that matters is the quality. There are plenty of high quality multiplats that meet or exceed what the first party studios are doing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@Pedro: Logic is quantum, lacking the realization of quantum. Quantum is logic, and sees purpose in the creation and upholding of purpose in a logic-fueled plane. But planes do not run solely on fuel. (I'm in an odd mood, dude. Sorry.)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@BassMan said:

i see someone still hasn't learned to disagree without being disagreeable

It's funny that he thinks console exclusive quality is a thing. Talk about delusional. 😂🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#140 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

It feels like Microsoft put their exclusives on pc because they were behind and just wanted to try something different, because why not? What have they got to lose at that point? It worked for them and now Sony is going to try it.

Hopefully both Sony and Nintendo try it and see if it actually makes them more money than not doing it, and if it turns out it drastically affects sales of their respective systems, then they can just stop doing that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Pedro

@xantufrog said:

@Pedro: the reason I disagree is that I assume most will buy *A* console anyway. So, if that's a given (and maybe you don't agree), they are going to get their multiplats either way on a PS or XBox. So they need something else to go off of when choosing the brand. I don't think it's rational, I don't think it's done with consideration that the exclusives are now a teensy tiny proportion of the games that will come out.

If people were going to always go for the most power or features or something then everyone would just be on PC. That hasn't happened. So I think many people are going to buy a cheap off-the shelf console no matter what; and then it just comes down to the games that will draw them more towards one or the other.

Sony and MS know that PC is a sort of alternate gaming reality; putting a game on PC likely broadens the market for it to sell in more than it cannibalizes the console market in favor of PC. Again, in my view *some people* (myself likely) would stop buying consoles if all exclusives came to PC day 1, but I think there's a huge number of people that frankly don't care PC exists and they are really just going to decide between a $500 XBox or $500 PS4. To make up a number from my butt: I bet selling HZD on PC will have a single-digit percentage point change on future hardware sales, but add 15% more to the software sales. A totally worthwhile trade, that has almost no impact on the PS vs XBox war.

I believe we agree more than disagree. :)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@the_master_race said:

Sounds I was late to the party again , well congratulation to all my manticore friends @BassMan and @davillain- , I hope you can play your favorite games on your favorite platform. But let's discuss what this could mean to Sony, developers and gamers

PC gamer

GameIndustry

Forbes - Why ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ Coming To PC Is Such Great News For Gamers And For Sony

Like PS3 emulator, PS4 emulator would be a threat to Sony. It's better to monetize PS4's titles before PC's PS4 emulator can run games.

Master Chief Collection on PC has reduced the need for PC's Xbox 360 emulator.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 the_master_race
@ronvalencia said:
@the_master_race said:

Sounds I was late to the party again , well congratulation to all my manticore friends @BassMan and @davillain- , I hope you can play your favorite games on your favorite platform. But let's discuss what this could mean to Sony, developers and gamers

PC gamer

GameIndustry

Forbes - Why ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ Coming To PC Is Such Great News For Gamers And For Sony

Like PS3 emulator, PS4 emulator would be a threat to Sony. It's better to monetize PS4's titles before PC's PS4 emulator can run games.

Master Chief Collection on PC has reduced the need for PC's Xbox 360 emulator.

you've got a point , Zelda BOTW is a good a example of that publishers should not keep their old titles exclusive for a long time , people are already playing it at 60fps on PC but it's not cool because the money ain't going to the developers. on other hands we have MS which made the right decision .... 2 million copies just in 2 days

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By BoxRekt

@fedor said:

@boxrekt: I love that news of Sony going multiplat is hurting you so much.

It doesn't hurt me, Im just informing you and the short sighted trolls on this board how this all works.

Some of you aren't that sharp to make these simple connections...hell most of you aren't.

It's easy PC boy, follow along:

It's either...

1. A company that has an independent game system to sell.

• That company will NEED to make a game/s that have so much appeal that it can Influence a broad demographic of people to buy their system just to play that one game.
  • I.E. SYSTEM SELLER!
  • If they don't produce these type of games people will skip buying that system and the company loose hundreds of millions of dollars and go out of the console business.

OR

2. A company doesn't have a console to sell and only publishes or makes games.

• Quality is a toss up because for most multiplatform devs because aren't going to spend the kind of money it takes to develop a AAA console quality system seller type game (exceptions being games like RDR2 from Rockstar who spend as much a Sony for their AAA titles) but release only once or twice a generation.
  • The Standard for multiplat devs are, however, to simply make good games. Appealing enough to make some people pick it up for whatever they own because the company doesn't want or need to invest any more...that is where Sony would be at!

You people love business and talking about a company's money, well this is business for your. You will not get Sony quality exclusives if they decide to go multiplatform. You'll get more mediocre rehash trash multiplatform titles just like you get on your generic as shit PC now.

You thinking this hurts me is you being stupid. I'll abandon Sony as fast as I picked them up. I'm not a fanboy of Sony only the quality of games they've delivered. I have plenty of games I can play from my old titles or just switch to Nintendo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Cloud_imperium said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Can't even hide your pain. It's Ok you'll get over your cheating ex boyfriend (Pony)

Another port beggar enters the thread, but this one is "special" as this one carries the name of the company which houses the biggest scam in gaming. How much have you donated to the Chris Roberts and family trust fund???

Oh and i'm a lem you muppet. I just don't like people who think they're superior all the while begging for console games.

LMAO. Keep crying. This is hilarious.

That's it? you should go back into hiding until Star Citizen comes out LOL.

Implying that a heartbroken cry baby is important enough for me to think about a serious comeback.

'wOw sO bAdAss. nO ComeBaCk fRoM mE. Oooooooh'

LMAO. Ponies are hilarious. If you're lem then that's even more funny.

Heart broken, over a PS4 losing an exclusive lol, keep reaching beggar racer.

I mean its like im making fun of a child, come back when you grow up or when Star Citizen releases which ever happens first in a decade or so LMFAO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@pc_rocks said:
@i_p_daily said:
@fedor said:

Quite ironic because it's you who needs to step out of SW for a day or two. Belonging...LMAO!

Its you who needs to go outside of your basement, If a company makes a device that plays games and creates games for it, then it belongs to them, but you beggars think you have a claim to them.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By BoxRekt
@BassMan said:

@JustPlainLucas: @boxrekt:

We can have good hardware and good games without a company doing both. Good games are made from gathering the right group of people and providing them with the necessary money and resources. Sony, MS, and Nintendo are not the only publishers out there that enable these circumstances. I do not judge exclusive games any differently than multiplats. A game is a game. All that matters is the quality. There are plenty of high quality multiplats that meet or exceed what the first party studios are doing.

I completely agree with you bass but ^ the bold and underlined...these factors you brought up can not be understated!

That's the other thing that seperates most console companies from simple game developers. They have the money and are willing even emboldened to spend it to make the most over the top and fabulous game possible.

Games like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn are 5 and 6 year undertakings when most multiplatform games, even the AAA's are just 3 years tops. Very few are willing to invest the time and money to make those kinds of investments a reality.

Do you really think Sony doing all that without a console to sell? lol

Moreover Sony, being a console manufacturer wanting to enrichen their console attactiveness, have even provided supporting funds to 3rd parties just to have them create games that were stated on the shelf (SFV, Shenmue 3, and now Final Fantasy 7 Remake) Those games were NOT being made until Sony stepped in to provide support. That is the power and influence of a console provider caring about exclusives (even if timed).

Take that ONE motivation away (by making all games multiplatform) and watch the not only the quality but that game quantity plummit like a rock.

MS is in a weird space where they are showing exactly what it looks like when a once exclusive console provider tries to cater to a multiplatform croud. Funny enough, their once billion dollar franchises sell like trash now! Surprised? I'm not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

I have access to all the games and play them the best way possible. So, you have nothing on me. I judge games based on quality and not which platform they are on. Keep sucking on that Xbox dick though. Let me help you with the nasty taste....

Dick jokes okay then, how does MS dick taste? I mean you herms have been sucking it for a long time to get they're games, and now you have a mouth full of Sony dick lol.

You're right I don't have anything on you like you have nothing on me, MS & Sony has their big fella on you though LMFAO.

Don't be upset because I don't game on what you deem good, as others deem it shit.

LOL, no. PC gamers leave the dick sucking to the fanboys like you. We call the companies out on their bullshit practices and standards. We don't just bend over and take it.

You do though, by begging for console games you are essentially sucking hard, and I noticed something in your earlier post which I put in bold which is 100% a lie from you.

You judge quality by how many frames a game has and call consoles shit because of the lack of frames in games, so in the end you're also full of shit :)

No bassman no matter how much you want it to be frames per second is not the basis for quality as there are hundreds of games through out history that are 30fps AND quality games.

No lies mate. A game's performance is only part of the formula that determines its quality. Take another L...

So by that THIS game is quality to you as long as its 60fps.

You might want to hold onto those L's as you're going to need them lol.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

As someone who exclusively games on PC this is amazing news. PS4 has always had a few games I've wanted to play, but not enough to justify purchasing the console, and I don't really want to put up with the sub-par performance of most console games. Now I'll get to play some of these exclusives AND they will look better AND they will run better.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

So by that THIS game is quality to you as long as its 60fps.

You might want to hold onto those L's as you're going to need them lol.

Reading comprehension FAIL. I am going to have to print some more L's...