deactivated-5e83c14458072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deactivated-5e83c14458072
Member since 2006 • 2727 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Wrong as always. The people you see here on the forums are mostly truly into gaming, meaning most of them buy many games, including exclusives. The average gamer, and not just the console gamer but also the PC gamer, doesn't play that many per year and would rather buy just a couple of popular games but mostly plays FTP. PS4 being a platform that gets almost all multiplat games (unlike the switch) has many users that just buy one to play Fornite, Fifa, PES, (maybe COD) and that's it. You'd be surprised how many people buy consoles (or a PC) just to play one game all year long.

Again, I don't expect much from you. You are so simple minded that your arguments are laughable.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11185 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

MS does this, gaming world like "WTF they thinking", Sony does it, Forbes busts a nut like Sony is breaking new ground - if you're MS right now, you gotta feel like...

Loading Video...

MS is the try-hard nerd with no personality who demands a pat on the back for everything? Sounds about right. 😂 j/k

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69994 Posts

The more games that are accessible regardless of platform the better. Death to the exclusives and fanboys. :)

PS: Fanboys are forever, they just change loyalty.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Arkhalipso: We’ve seen multiple threads on this board where people don’t own current consoles, play new games or pay for ps+ and Xbox live. You give this place too much credit. The “casual” spends more per year in gaming than the average System Wars poster.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Arkhalipso said:

@goldenelementxl: Wrong as always. The people you see here on the forums are mostly truly into gaming, meaning most of them buy many games, including exclusives. The average gamer, and not just the console gamer but also the PC gamer, doesn't play that many per year and would rather buy just a couple of popular games but mostly plays FTP. PS4 being a platform that gets almost all multiplat games (unlike the switch) has many users that just buy one to play Fornite, Fifa, PES, (maybe COD) and that's it. You'd be surprised how many people buy consoles (or a PC) just to play one game all year long.

Again, I don't expect much from you. You are so simple minded that your arguments are laughable.

He thinks blindly spending money on every new thing makes one a dedicated gamer. lol ikr? He's what we call a "whale" and jumps from one new thing to the next without thoroughly playing anything.

It's good for show but not for dedicated gaming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@briguyb13: We can test that out anytime. Name the game, platform, date and time and I’m there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@goldenelementxl said:

@briguyb13: We can test that out anytime. Name the game, platform, date and time and I’m there.

From what I've seen, you just mostly play Fortnite all of the time.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts

Beats having to get excited for Chinese games.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#60 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

I guess all that port begging is paying off for the laster race lol.

What's even funnier is the OP calls himself the master race and uses a pic from a PS4 game.

Can't even hide your pain. It's Ok you'll get over your cheating ex boyfriend (Pony)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Cloud_imperium

It's good for gamers as a whole and for the game studios too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@briguyb13: That would be wrong. I have family and friends that play Fortnite and I enjoy it. But I get busy with other games as well. Unless you’re trying to speed run movie games, I’m staying pretty current. I do buy a lot of the movie games too, but I’m not wasting too much time finishing them. QTE’s and walk and talk/traversal load screens aren’t my thing. I’m always down to be surprised, but AAA games haven’t done that in a while

Utherellus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Utherellus
Member since 2016 • 107 Posts

I love how PC is more becoming the core of gaming industry as a neutral platform where games are coming from every consoles.

Even Sony got that re-releasing exclusives on PC means hundreds of million dollars in their behalf. (For example lets look at Halo Master Chief Collection on Steam. MS earned more than 100Mil out of it)

Industry rules have changed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@goldenelementxl said:

@briguyb13: That would be wrong. I have family and friends that play Fortnite and I enjoy it. But I get busy with other games as well. Unless you’re trying to speed run movie games, I’m staying pretty current. I do buy a lot of the movie games too, but I’m not wasting too much time finishing them. QTE’s and walk and talk/traversal load screens aren’t my thing. I’m always down to be surprised, but AAA games haven’t done that in a while

Be careful with those GaaS games man, they'll mess up your gaming if you let them because they can be addictive and keep you playing little else.

I had a problem with Destiny 2 last year and finally pulled myself away from it and now I play them in moderation at best.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Over 150 million disagree with you over 30fps.

Is that why console kids a shitting their pants about SX and PS5 "supporting" 120FPS?

@getyeryayasout said:

I think Sony will perpetually release 3 and 4 year old games. That way Playstation keeps value and Sony can milk PC gamers by reselling old games for $60.

As if any PC gamer would pay $60 for an old ass game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@the_master_race said:

Stop being a fanboy

Says the guy named "the_master_race" and has been playing on PC since 1995.

Hey now, I am a huge fan of Kratos and God of War and I used to have Kratos as my GS avatar too. You know, it is OK to like and try different things. Don't be afraid. You may actually have some fun.

I owned every Sega console, every Xbox console, a N64 & a PS1 & 2, and played just abut every genre of game there is, so yeah I've tried a few different things, hermitism isn't one of them, as i'm not a person who buys something only to complain that what I bought can't play other games and take to forums to beg for them lol.

I have access to all the games and play them the best way possible. So, you have nothing on me. I judge games based on quality and not which platform they are on. Keep sucking on that Xbox dick though. Let me help you with the nasty taste....

Dick jokes okay then, how does MS dick taste? I mean you herms have been sucking it for a long time to get they're games, and now you have a mouth full of Sony dick lol.

You're right I don't have anything on you like you have nothing on me, MS & Sony has their big fella on you though LMFAO.

Don't be upset because I don't game on what you deem good, as others deem it shit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@goldenelementxl said:

If console only, exclusive title loving gamers are looking for a place to blame, go look in a mirror. I’ve been poking fun at these attach rates for over a decade. Console gamers on these boards love talking about voting with their wallets. Well you’ve done it. By not buying exclusive games at an acceptable rate, y’all have scared your 1st party devs off to other platforms. The reason Nintendo doesn’t have to budge is because they have 30%-50% attach rates. Not 3%-5%.

See what happens when you don’t vote?

Don't fool yourself as we ALL know the Switch doesn't even have all that much competition from third party devs, but hey celebrate THAT victory lol.

Maybe Nintendo are the smart ones in the end though, I mean make shit hardware where mostly only their cartoony games fit and corner the market. The main reason the Switch is selling is because its portable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Cloud_imperium said:
@i_p_daily said:

What's even funnier is the OP calls himself the master race and uses a pic from a PS4 game.

Can't even hide your pain. It's Ok you'll get over your cheating ex boyfriend (Pony)

Another port beggar enters the thread, but this one is "special" as this one carries the name of the company which houses the biggest scam in gaming. How much have you donated to the Chris Roberts and family trust fund???

Oh and i'm a lem you muppet. I just don't like people who think they're superior all the while begging for console games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Sony has herms by the balls. The moment a Sony exclusive comes to PC herms throw a party. In the meantime, Sony is planning the next wave of exclusives to slowly leak to the beggers.

You know it's true.

No need to reply, unless you're bitter. Which you are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e83c14458072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5e83c14458072

@goldenelementxl: No, you're wrong. If you lived ouside of america or europe you'd know what I mean. Like I said, you can't see the full picture because you're limited by both your country and your intellect.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pedro  Online

@subspecies: PC gamers are bitter because they are getting more games? That's some strange logic. Feels more like Sony loyalists trying to handle the losing of games by projecting their bitterness onto PC gamers.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

To be honest it's probably a good move to make old exclusives port to PC, it will stop people hacking the console to play new exclusives and make some people double dip

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Cloud_imperium

@i_p_daily said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@i_p_daily said:

Another port beggar enters the thread, but this one is "special" as this one carries the name of the company which houses the biggest scam in gaming. How much have you donated to the Chris Roberts and family trust fund???

Oh and i'm a lem you muppet. I just don't like people who think they're superior all the while begging for console games.

LMAO. Keep crying. This is hilarious.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17847 Posts

I'm still sceptical on this actually happening. apparently the leaker is solid but until i hear it straight from sony im still pinching the salt.

But assuming it is true i think it's both pro consumer and it makes business sense now.

The reality is that the cost of development keeps going up and the market for consoles is not really expanding. the total number of console sold from one gen to the next is not rising significantly. making more expensive exclusives to sell to the same 100million (on what is considered a very successful console) is just making less and less sense. Making more expensive exclusives for a less successful console is not acceptable. so something has to give. Risks have to be mitigated.

The alternative is to raise game prices significantly ($100+ per game for the big ones. Also really reduce sales. Big discounts on only very old games) or they do what nintendo did: step out of the hardware race and tighten the production budget for most of their games.

In saying that all the rumours so far are only pointing to PS4 games being ported. Sony have also said the PS5 will have exclusives. So i wonder if they are only half doing it: release PS4 games on other devices after the PS5 comes out. combine that with having most games still be cross gen for the first couple of years then having a couple of AAA PS5 exclusives to keep momentum behind the PS5.

it doesn't look like they are going as far as MS (again even assuming this is true.).

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#75  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@i_p_daily said:

you use useless console which offer no exclusives at all and probably is dumbed down PC.

even your precious forza run better on PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Arkhalipso: I have no idea what you’re talking about. Outside of America and Europe? Nintendo owns Japan. China doesn’t let their citizens buy certain things. That leaves what large market???

Your opinions are based on a fictional world. I guess you can’t be wrong in Lala land...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5e83c14458072

@goldenelementxl: Your idea of the average casual gamer is wrong.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

It's indeed consumer friendly now let's see if they can do a gamer friendly move by actually making games. Almost all of their output is non-games.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts
@vfighter said:

PC fanboys are more desperate then I ever thought for quality games.

@Arkhalipso said:

All this drooling over one 3 year old exclusive is hilarious.

@sakaixx said:

I'm tearing up, PC beggars years of petition actually worked. Amazing work.

yourtearsaredelicious.gif

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

As long as games are made for the ps5 hardware and later ported to PC, I'll be fine with that. I have no problem with any current ps4 games ported to PC. Being honest, most exclusives ran pretty mediocre on ps4, even on pro.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#81 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

I am surprised at this time that no one is suing any of the three console makers for monopolistic practices by releasing their games exclusively on their platforms. Should gamers have the legal right to play any game on any platform they wish instead of paying it on a specific platform?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Arkhalipso said:

All this drooling over one 3 year old exclusive is hilarious.

More like getting to save $400 on a door stop that I take out every 2 years for a rental. Oh and not having to deal with low fps,gfx,hz.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By deactivated-5e83c14458072

@zaryia: Well, the fact that you think a PS4 is $400 says a lot.

Still, you drool over its games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#84 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:

Says the guy named "the_master_race" and has been playing on PC since 1995.

Hey now, I am a huge fan of Kratos and God of War and I used to have Kratos as my GS avatar too. You know, it is OK to like and try different things. Don't be afraid. You may actually have some fun.

I owned every Sega console, every Xbox console, a N64 & a PS1 & 2, and played just abut every genre of game there is, so yeah I've tried a few different things, hermitism isn't one of them, as i'm not a person who buys something only to complain that what I bought can't play other games and take to forums to beg for them lol.

I have access to all the games and play them the best way possible. So, you have nothing on me. I judge games based on quality and not which platform they are on. Keep sucking on that Xbox dick though. Let me help you with the nasty taste....

Dick jokes okay then, how does MS dick taste? I mean you herms have been sucking it for a long time to get they're games, and now you have a mouth full of Sony dick lol.

You're right I don't have anything on you like you have nothing on me, MS & Sony has their big fella on you though LMFAO.

Don't be upset because I don't game on what you deem good, as others deem it shit.

LOL, no. PC gamers leave the dick sucking to the fanboys like you. We call the companies out on their bullshit practices and standards. We don't just bend over and take it.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

If console only, exclusive title loving gamers are looking for a place to blame, go look in a mirror. I’ve been poking fun at these attach rates for over a decade. Console gamers on these boards love talking about voting with their wallets. Well you’ve done it. By not buying exclusive games at an acceptable rate, y’all have scared your 1st party devs off to other platforms. The reason Nintendo doesn’t have to budge is because they have 30%-50% attach rates. Not 3%-5%.

See what happens when you don’t vote?

Well then you better 'vote' for these to release on PC then, because Sony releasing a 3 year old game on PC doesn't necessarily translate into them releasing all of their titles concurrently with a PC release.

Also that nintendo analogy doesn't really work for many reasons, including the switch being in it's own market. I don't think people are rushing to buy a switch for games like TW3, for example. That game did sell PS4s on the other hand.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

Loving all the angry meltdowns. Even fragile lems are crying about this wonderful news.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

@rmpumper said:
@i_p_daily said:

Over 150 million disagree with you over 30fps.

Is that why console kids a shitting their pants about SX and PS5 "supporting" 120FPS?

@getyeryayasout said:

I think Sony will perpetually release 3 and 4 year old games. That way Playstation keeps value and Sony can milk PC gamers by reselling old games for $60.

As if any PC gamer would pay $60 for an old ass game.

I hope they don't release it at 60 dollars, *but* I didn't buy it on PS4, so I would sorta be ok paying close to that price for it for my computer.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Arkhalipso said:

Still, you drool over its games.

Game. Singular. Meanwhile, I drool over dozens of PC games :)

See how that works right? I wouldn't want to spend hundreds on a door stop I use once every 3 years to play a rental. I'm glad these kind of games might come to PC. What real gamer wouldn't be?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

@Arkhalipso: I have no idea what you’re talking about. Outside of America and Europe? Nintendo owns Japan. China doesn’t let their citizens buy certain things. That leaves what large market???

Your opinions are based on a fictional world. I guess you can’t be wrong in Lala land...

I wouldn't be so sure about China. Quiet a few PS4 exclusives have been approved in China. I believe Horizon Zero Dawn is approved of in China because I remember seeing a China exclusive PS4 bundle having it along with Driveclub and Ratchet & Clank. Not to mention citizens can get around government regulations by just buying the games off of Steam which is how games that would never be approved of by the government like GTA V managed to sell millions there.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#90  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58420 Posts

Looks like everyone is getting ahead of the curve; the future is either digital or streaming and frankly hardware won't really matter when it comes to consoles. As long as you can get your owned products on as many platforms as possible, that is what counts.

Nintendo better jump on the train to Everywhereville soon too.

I fully expect PC's to be the last bastion of hardware; either that, or consoles will essentially sell just pre-built mini-PC's that have a basic OS and can stream.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Pedro  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:

Looks like everyone is getting ahead of the curve; the future is either digital or streaming and frankly hardware won't really matter when it comes to consoles. As long as you can get your owned products on as many platforms as possible, that is what counts.

One of the few people that gets it.
One of the few people that gets it.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@onesiphorus said:

I am surprised at this time that no one is suing any of the three console makers for monopolistic practices by releasing their games exclusively on their platforms. Should gamers have the legal right to play any game on any platform they wish instead of paying it on a specific platform?

It's not monopolistic at all. If they were somehow able to lobby a government entity to stop anyone else from making any video games, then that would be monopolistic.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I'm fine with it provided they stay exclusive to consoles for a few years. There needs to be a reason to own a system, which is why Xbox One has been struggling this generation. If every system plays every game, then what's the point of even making different systems? I also believe certain games arise from the sole need to be a system seller. Look at Sega. If Sega and Nintendo weren't competing, we wouldn't have Sonic. (which is funny, because Sonic is everywhere now, but wouldn't be anywhere if it wasn't for competition!)

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#94  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12340 Posts

Horizon was (is?) already available on PC through PS Now.

But in all seriousness, I think this is more of a test of the Decima engine and a glimpse of Guerilla's future beyond Horizon.

I see Sony releasing games on PC if they feature a multiplayer component like perhaps a Killzone reboot or a some battle royale game or, some IP like MLB that should be multiplatform.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

I'm fine with it provided they stay exclusive to consoles for a few years. There needs to be a reason to own a system, which is why Xbox One has been struggling this generation. If every system plays every game, then what's the point of even making different systems? I also believe certain games arise from the sole need to be a system seller. Look at Sega. If Sega and Nintendo weren't competing, we wouldn't have Sonic. (which is funny, because Sonic is everywhere now, but wouldn't be anywhere if it wasn't for competition!)

That's just it. We don't need multiple systems. They are all made to play games. Why force players to waste money on additional and redundant hardware just to play exclusives? Why manufacture more systems and pollute the planet more if people already have what they need? Exclusives are terrible. Multiple console platforms are terrible. The focus should be on supporting the best games on a universal platform.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Cloud_imperium said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@i_p_daily said:

LMAO. Keep crying. This is hilarious.

That's it? you should go back into hiding until Star Citizen comes out LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@fedor said:

Loving all the angry meltdowns. Even fragile lems are crying about this wonderful news.

Making fun of you beggars, know the difference laster race guy.

At least this thread has cleared up forever that hermits are just beggars, who will probably just pirate the game anyway LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

LOL, no. PC gamers leave the dick sucking to the fanboys like you. We call the companies out on their bullshit practices and standards. We don't just bend over and take it.

You do though, by begging for console games you are essentially sucking hard, and I noticed something in your earlier post which I put in bold which is 100% a lie from you.

You judge quality by how many frames a game has and call consoles shit because of the lack of frames in games, so in the end you're also full of shit :)

No bassman no matter how much you want it to be frames per second is not the basis for quality as there are hundreds of games through out history that are 30fps AND quality games.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@i_p_daily: You lashing out just makes this all the better.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@BassMan said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

That's just it. We don't need multiple systems. They are all made to play games. Why force players to waste money on additional and redundant hardware just to play exclusives? Why manufacture more systems and pollute the planet more if people already have what they need? Exclusives are terrible. Multiple console platforms are terrible. The focus should be on supporting the best games on a universal platform.

No, we need multiple systems to be more differentiated. Each platform has a bevy of their own features and services, not to mention controllers and hardware perks, such as Switch's hybrid nature. We DON'T need a monopoly, where suddenly no hardware/software innovation is happening due to every game being forced to run on a unified system. Platforms cater to different audiences, thus platforms compete with each other, thus exclusives are made to sell platforms. Again, Sonic is the perfect example of this. Can you even IMAGINE what the video game landscape would be like today if Nintendo monopolized the gaming industry in the 80s and there were no challengers? (One thing comes to mind was when EA had the rights to multiple sports licenses; it ruined Sega's sports games, which were superior to EA's IMO). If it wasn't for Nintendo bumbling the partnership with Sony, it would have been Nintendo PlayStation, and there's a good chance MS wouldn't have bothered entering the console market either, but they did because they saw a company who never made games (Sony) be successful at it, so they thought, "Hey, we're a successful software company, let's make hardware!" And do you know what MS did to sell their hardware? They acquired Halo, which was going to be some completely different game for the Mac. Halo would never have been what it was today, and Xbox brand for that matter, without competition ... driven from exclusives.

I get wanting to play every game on one console, but the hard reality is this: you don't need every game. Plenty to play on PC, Xbo...well... PC, PlayStation and Switch.