PS4 and XO sales estimates in Western Europe are coming in.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

France:

PS4: Over 100k for the first 2 weeks

XB1: 50k for the first 3 weeks

Spain:

PS4: >80k

XB1: 25k

UK:

PS4: >185k

XB1: 140k

Western Europe:

PS4: >500k

XB1: ~300k

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/ventes-ps4xbox-one-bon-depart-en-france-A126338.html

Presented without further comment other than to say that some of the estimates appear to be off, as we know that the PS4 sold 250,000 units in its first 48 hours in the UK. But the overarching theme that the PS4 is selling stronger than the One is the take-away and not a surprise to anyone, I don't think.

If I recall correctly, the UK was the Xbox's strongest European country in terms of hardware sales and competitiveness with the PlayStation brand. They'll want to pick up the pace there at least. Otherwise, how does MS pick up steam in Western Europe? Starting out being outsold almost 2:1 is not what they hoped for, I don't think.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Dreams-Visions:

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

So I guess US is the only market it will be a close race in.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

So sales guesses are worth posting? lol

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

The Domination has Won.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@good_sk8er7 said:

So I guess US is the only market it will be a close race in.

Quite possibly.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dreams-Visions

@Jaysonguy said:

Oh a forum where people regularly make threads like, "The Xbox One is...UNFORGIVABLE" and "Should they have just named it the "JustWaitStation 4"?"...

...you're asking me if sales estimates from a respected gaming outlet are "worth posting?"

LOL. Kids these days. If you don't have anything to contribute to a thread, how about you just ignore it. Posts like yours just scream "butthurt". Which is just kinda pathetic, you know? Unless you work for Sony or Microsoft, in which case catching feelings about sales figures and estimates are reasonable. 36,000 posts and still making posts like these. smh.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

PS4 hast yet to release in Japan.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dreams-Visions

@Netret0120 said:

It has yet to release in a lot of countries. Same with the One.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Netret0120: isn't that messed up? lol

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Just wait until MS steal that family market from Ninty

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dreams-Visions

@always_explicit said:

Just wait until MS steal that family market from Ninty

So, when MS' console is priced at < $250? So...2017?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Well I bought the X1. My kids wanted the kinect, my wife wanted the years fitness thingy. I dont think the family console necessarily has to be the cheapest console on the market it simply needs to cater for that market. My point being MS have a great opportunity to steal some market share from Nintendo.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

SDC. TLSHBO

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Just wait until Sony can supply PS4's at a consistent rate. The gap will definitely widen once that happens. Demand is far exceeding supply.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Oh a forum where people regularly make threads like, "The Xbox One is...UNFORGIVABLE" and "Should they have just named it the "JustWaitStation 4"?"...

...you're asking me if sales estimates from a respected gaming outlet are "worth posting?"

LOL. Kids these days. If you don't have anything to contribute to a thread, how about you just ignore it. Posts like yours just scream "butthurt". Which is just kinda pathetic, you know? Unless you work for Sony or Microsoft, in which case catching feelings about sales figures and estimates are reasonable. 36,000 posts and still making posts like these. smh.

Bravo!

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

XBOWNED!!!

Avatar image for k1ngd0m4g3rul3z
K1ngd0m4g3rul3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 K1ngd0m4g3rul3z
Member since 2013 • 179 Posts

200k units advantage? Out of 500k?

Those numbers are insignificant in the long , even short run. An iphone or other popular smartphone does those in 3 hours launch day, get a grip people.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

So both consoles are selling well. Cool?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

the system is a a hundred dollars more and is only a few(more like a couple) hundred thousand units behind the ps4, as of right now...there's no real "ownage" here unless ur reaching.

i mean, the ps3 was MILLIONS behind the 360 for most of last gen. so its funny seeing cows pretend a couple hundred thousand is some sort of huge victory in western Europe when they claimed being millions behind the 360 world wide last gen was insignificant lol.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

UK:

Not good for sony, I was expecting much more.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By I_can_haz

Wasn't it already reported that Sony sold 250K in 1 week in UK already? That sales estimate for UK is way off then.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-playstation-4-uk-launch-sales-are-over-250k

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By I_can_haz

@Evo_nine said:

UK:

Not good for sony, I was expecting much more.

Damage control.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-playstation-4-uk-launch-sales-are-over-250k

^ ^ It sold a 100,000 more units than Xbone in 1 week lol

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Dreams-Visions: That's really not surprising. PS4 = 30 Europe countries, XBone - 11 countries. Good to see XB1 selling in pretty well in countries where it wasn't suppose to sell at all. They need to release the system in more countries though.

*******************************************************************************************************

@Netret0120 said:

XB1 has yet to be released in all the European countries. Still have about 25 countries to be released in. Long ways to go still.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

"PS4 sells more consoles in more countries than competition. News at 11."

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Don't put me in the same category as those wastes again

As for you?

You just became the lowest common denominator, way to lower yourself

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

PlayStation Domination.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

the system is a a hundred dollars more and is only a few(more like a couple) hundred thousand units behind the ps4, as of right now...there's no real "ownage" here unless ur reaching.

i mean, the ps3 was MILLIONS behind the 360 for most of last gen. so its funny seeing cows pretend a couple hundred thousand is some sort of huge victory in western Europe when they claimed being millions behind the 360 world wide last gen was insignificant lol.

Then again Sony could be selling out most places leaving those with money to spend with no other choice but to wait or get the xbone.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Sounds about right. MS squeaking a 50/50 market share in the US and getting the money back on NFL services to dudebros will be enough to convince themselves to carry on with the foetid thing.

Oh yeah, can't forget the all important Australian market. 65k, baby! XBOX WON!!!!!!

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the330and419
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

Actually pretty good numbers for Microsoft. They know thwy aren't winning these markets so its just about staying competitive. Let's see how they look in 6-8 months.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Both consoles are doing pretty well.

But let's be frank here, Sony's console just seems more attractive, especially with that price tag.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Was there ever any doubt that Sony was going to dominate?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tymeservesfate

@Cranler: true, just will have to wait and see how things go honestly. its so early in this gen's console war...i don't see why anyone is reading so much into sales numbers right now anyway.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@Dreams-Visions: That's really not surprising. PS4 = 30 Europe countries, XBone - 11 countries. Good to see XB1 selling in pretty well in countries where it wasn't suppose to sell at all. They need to release the system in more countries though.

*******************************************************************************************************

@Netret0120 said:

XB1 has yet to be released in all the European countries. Still have about 25 countries to be released in. Long ways to go still.

Totally meaningless when the xbox one launched 1 week before the PS4 in UK,you know that excuse you use to justify as the reason why sony is ahead in NA.

Sony launch 1 week ahead in NA equal the reason for sony been ahead.

Sony launched 1 week after the xbox one in EU and now the excuse is because sony has more countries.

lol

Those 25 countries left for the xbox one are some of the weakest,reason why they saw no units,MS concentrated their efforts in selling more in their strongest markets,which kind of make you think how bigger the lead would be in UK and US if they would have release like sony in 32 countries,since they would have less units to sell on their stronger markets.

@Phazevariance said:

The PS4 sold more units in US and on UK than the xbox one,so yeah those sales are not just tied to more countries dude..lol

@tymeservesfate said:

The xbox 360 had a 1 year advantage,the xbox one and PS4 launched the same month,and the PS4 with a huge shortage of units is outselling the xbox one on its only strong markets by a few Hundred thousands ahead,mainland EU is showing even a bigger difference,and Japan is not even part of that equation yet,that lead will grow fast soon,and believe me numbers will be pile together like they did now with the 2.1 million in 15 days.

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

Where these numbers are extremely worthless, it should not be a surprised if the PS4 outsells the xbox one in EU.

What i find odd is they report xbox numbers exactly but don't know PS4 numbers and estimated more then what they are reporting??? Yaaa these numbers sound legit...

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

@tormentos: The xbox 360 had a 1 year advantage,the xbox one and PS4 launched the same month,and the PS4 with a huge shortage of units is outselling the xbox one on its only strong markets by a few Hundred thousands ahead,mainland EU is showing even a bigger difference,and Japan is not even part of that equation yet,that lead will grow fast soon,and believe me numbers will be pile together like they did now with the 2.1 million in 15 days.

It is no secret that Sony maintains a lead in EU and Japan. Sony shortage of units is on their on accord for trying to be in to many countries all at once.

For NA numbers, we need to see Dec NDP report to gain a real understanding of the direction the USA is going. The fact that MS was even close with a full week disadvantage suggest that the Xbox one will have sold more in the US than the PS4. MS was smart to not spread themselves thin and keep control of the markets they traditionally do strong in. This allows them to stock up faster here in the US.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tymeservesfate

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@Netret0120 said:

Totally meaningless when the xbox one launched 1 week before the PS4 in UK,you know that excuse you use to justify as the reason why sony is ahead in NA.

Sony launch 1 week ahead in NA equal the reason for sony been ahead.

Sony launched 1 week after the xbox one in EU and now the excuse is because sony has more countries.

lol

Those 25 countries left for the xbox one are some of the weakest,reason why they saw no units,MS concentrated their efforts in selling more in their strongest markets,which kind of make you think how bigger the lead would be in UK and US if they would have release like sony in 32 countries,since they would have less units to sell on their stronger markets.

@Phazevariance said:

The PS4 sold more units in US and on UK than the xbox one,so yeah those sales are not just tied to more countries dude..lol

@tymeservesfate said:

The xbox 360 had a 1 year advantage,the xbox one and PS4 launched the same month,and the PS4 with a huge shortage of units is outselling the xbox one on its only strong markets by a few Hundred thousands ahead,mainland EU is showing even a bigger difference,and Japan is not even part of that equation yet,that lead will grow fast soon,and believe me numbers will be pile together like they did now with the 2.1 million in 15 days.

how is there a huge ps4 shortage but it outsold the the XB1? that doesnt even make sense lol. besides, it still launched earlier and is slightly ahead like it should be. i don't see the big ownage here, because there is none. if it outsold it by some huge percentage, then yea. but it hasnt...only a few hundred thousand. you cows are really grasping through some insecurity here. i mean, mentioning japan but not mentioning the regions the XB1 hasnt released in yet....please smh lol.