PS4 13.5m shipped!

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Pretty damned impressive

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

That may slow down this holiday season. I think the Xbox One has been doing a better job of getting some unique games exclusive to the platform. The Master Chief collection and Sunset Overdive are good exclusives on the Xbox One. Microsoft also uses CoD to push Xbox Ones as well.

Glad to see some good competition. Sony's exclusives have all really fallen on their asses. Sony's biggest strengths right now are actually the few solid looking indie titles coming out in 2015. The rest of 2014 looks like a bust. Multiplat games are really the only ones that look interesting on the PS4.

Sony may be able to ride their success through the holiday season and then start releasing good exclusives next year. We'll see.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Wait that is better than the Wii? :O Holy shit indeed!

wii was at 13.2 million on oct 1.... by the end of december it was at 20million.

wii sold 7million consoles that holiday.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Pretty damned impressive

Lawd Jesus, there's a fire....

At least we can both agree on 1 thing.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Shipping wars

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

All those numbers mean is that there are clearly millions upon millions of people who enjoy looking at and not actually using their PS4's because lord knows there is not one good exclusive that would make me buy this thing. Multiplats are multiplats. I own a Xbox One and a Wii U. That's enough for me!

Seriously, can you come off as any more bitter?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Jeesh. That's not a small amount.

Keep it up, Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

So we went from sales wars to shipped wars. We need some games to come out quick because this board is really reaching for something to talk about.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

well done sony!

playstation brand is bigger than Xbox brand nothing new!

the industrie knows what sony exclusive games are capable of it's a proven fact every gen, Xbox however rides on halo and forza and future is always dull!

so lems can cry all day long about their mediocre year acting like it's sonething special LOL. they know what's up when you talk about playstation the power of gaming world wide!

suck it lems, the king is back!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=922489

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/10/31/sony-financial-results-posted/

PS4 hit 13.5 million shipped at the end of September.

Absolutely insane numbers! Great job Sony. PS4 is the fastest selling console ever at this point. (Wii was at 13.1) Wonder where Xbox One is at? Console gaming is definitely not dead.

The Wii sold just over 20 million (not shipped) in one year. We'll see if the PS4 hits that number over the holidays. XBox One is probably at 7-7.5 million shipped. Great numbers for the PS4 though. Sony needs to stop losing billions in their other divisions.

***********************************************************************************

@Shewgenja said:

@willamwallace said:

New to forums, and immediately I can tell sagemode has a raging hard on for Sony products....and IGN says shipped....

Shipped is sold when it comes to the PS4.

Yes, SOLD TO RETAILERS.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

well done sony!

playstation brand is bigger than Xbox brand nothing new!

the industrie knows what sony exclusive games are capable of

Yeah, just look at 5club...er I mean drive club. Those capabilities!

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

sooo 15 mill sold by years end? amazing

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@lostrib: not everything can be a hit you should know that pc gamer!

ohh and plz forget the big boys that stomps all MS studio's into oblivion E A S I L Y

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

So we went from sales wars to shipped wars. We need some games to come out quick because this board is really reaching for something to talk about.

You're right and wrong. This is always talked about but yes, the board has been slow and boring as shit recently.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

sooo 15 mill sold by years end? amazing

Its outpacing the Wii and PS2. I think that's a strong indication its going to blow up past that.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

lmao lems are soo bitter in this thread. I still remember all the shit the lems used to talk back in 2007-2010 when the PS3 was in dead last place.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

It is a financial success for Sony, but it pains me that a system which has no significant exclusives or games in general till the year's end is the one that most people buy. Proves that an average folk doesn't even know much about what games are available.

By the time Halo MCC releases, Xbone will have had 6 exclusives (and yes, I'm counting FH2 as a exclusive since the game differs significantly)* in the span of last 2 months (and Halo MCC is bound to score AAA or at the very least AA), that were rated 7/10 and above on Gamespot. Compared to what on the PS4 front, exactly?

* If you prefer not to - then don't count Little Big Planet 3 as one too, as it's also on PS3.

What 6 exclusives.?

FH2 is not and if FH2 is consider an exclusive because of some differences then Crysis 3 was exclusive to PC,and pretty much any game that was missing a ton of shit compare to the PC version.

Is the same game with the same name.

MCC is not exclusive each and every one has been release on other platforms,that leave the 3 Kinect shovel ware game which a huge part of the xbox one can't even play because they bough a Kinectless sku,so you want D4 and you buy a Kinectless sku.? Yeah plunk another $150 yeah like those who wanted a kinectless console cheaper will go fort that,so you have 3 games which a huge chunk of your user base can't play.

And the real and Only exclusive that all people can play SO,the PS4 got DC,Samurai Warriors 4 and next is LBP3.

The fact that you are using MCC show how hypocrite you are MCC count buts lets ignore TLOU which the xbox one has nothing to counter with and which score 95% on Meta...lol

You people are a joke...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

Impressive. Sucks that i'm more psyched for X1's games ATM.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

nice. thats gotta be the most successful dust collector in the history of the world.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Who cares if the game Library isnt stellar

What was the Wii's Killer title? Wii Sports? And it still sold a ton

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Hoooooly shit, that is amazing. Congratulations, Sony, that's some good stuff there.

Now get around to actually giving me games, and we'll be good.

Youll get games , you know youll get them soon or later. Its Sony we talking about , they delivering every single gen since the first with PS1. Hell they delivering while they losing billions per year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

Wow, those are amazing numbers! Unless something drastic happens, I'd say this gen is pretty much over.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

impressive.

Now lets get Xbone shipped/sold numbers...i need a good laugh.

freakinFreddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By freakinFreddy
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Absolutely insane numbers! Great job Sony. PS4 is the fastest selling console ever at this point. (Wii was at 13.1) Wonder where Xbox One is at? Console gaming is definitely not dead.

Holy COW! Nothing stops this train!

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

think i might have to buy one just to buy 5club, so excited!!

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

It is a financial success for Sony, but it pains me that a system which has no significant exclusives or games in general till the year's end is the one that most people buy. Proves that an average folk doesn't even know much about what games are available.

By the time Halo MCC releases, Xbone will have had 6 exclusives (and yes, I'm counting FH2 as a exclusive since the game differs significantly)* in the span of last 2 months (and Halo MCC is bound to score AAA or at the very least AA), that were rated 7/10 and above on Gamespot. Compared to what on the PS4 front, exactly?

* If you prefer not to - then don't count Little Big Planet 3 as one too, as it's also on PS3.

What 6 exclusives.?

FH2 is not and if FH2 is consider an exclusive because of some differences then Crysis 3 was exclusive to PC,and pretty much any game that was missing a ton of shit compare to the PC version.

Is the same game with the same name.

MCC is not exclusive each and every one has been release on other platforms,that leave the 3 Kinect shovel ware game which a huge part of the xbox one can't even play because they bough a Kinectless sku,so you want D4 and you buy a Kinectless sku.? Yeah plunk another $150 yeah like those who wanted a kinectless console cheaper will go fort that,so you have 3 games which a huge chunk of your user base can't play.

And the real and Only exclusive that all people can play SO,the PS4 got DC,Samurai Warriors 4 and next is LBP3.

The fact that you are using MCC show how hypocrite you are MCC count buts lets ignore TLOU which the xbox one has nothing to counter with and which score 95% on Meta...lol

You people are a joke...

Fantasia Music Evolved isn't exclusive either, although I see it being counted on a lot of exclusive lists for some reason. While Kinect is mediocre no matter what system it's on, it's still better and more compelling on 360 (Dance Central Spotlight is only a shell of the 360 Dance Central series).

So I see three Xbox One A+ exclusives so this year, one of which is a $10 downloadable Kinect game that comes with 10 songs. I can't say I'm blown away. Not that the PS4 exclusive list is anything to brag about either, but we're really splitting hairs between different levels of unimpressive here.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

nice. thats gotta be the most successful dust collector in the history of the world.

Dem tears doe LOL!!!!!!

I mean, what else could people who couldn't afford gaming PC's to play their multiplats on?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@ermacness said:

Dem tears doe LOL!!!!!!

I mean, what else could people who couldn't afford gaming PC's to play their multiplats on?

Could people... What?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Shipped is not equal to sold.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos

@KBFloYd said:

@Desmonic said:

wii was at 13.2 million on oct 1.... by the end of december it was at 20million.

It was also $250 no $400 dollars and was on early January when it reached 20,but the Wii suffer something the PS didn't,a severe slow down,which stop it from even surpassing the PS1,even when it started selling faster than the PS2.

So not only if the PS4 selling close,but i am sure it will have longer legs to.

@GoldenElementXL said:

Shipped numbers is what xbox one users have been using since December it is good to know the sipped numbers because lemmings and MS use shipped numbers to make the numbers seem closer than they are,so MS give an appearance of selling close to 7 million units when in reality they just shipped that and many are unsold,so now sony also showing what was shipped put things into perspective more clear no matter what shipments or sales the PS4 is doubling the xbox one,and basically outselling the Wii U and xbox one combined like the PS2 use to do in the old days.

@blackace said:

The Wii sold just over 20 million (not shipped) in one year. We'll see if the PS4 hits that number over the holidays. XBox One is probably at 7-7.5 million shipped. Great numbers for the PS4 though. Sony needs to stop losing billions in their other divisions.

***********************************************************************************

Yes, SOLD TO RETAILERS.

lol Your bitter pill as always...This thread is about sony shipped numbers not about the billions they loss.

The wii hit 20 million but was also $250 not $400,not only that the wii had short legs,it started selling faster than the PS2,but half way it ran out of steam by the 4 years already PS2 numbers were basically tied with it,and by 5th year wii numbers fell greatly behind the PS2.

The Wi arrived at 100 million in June 2013 it took the wii 78 months to arrived at 100 million,the PS2 took 60 months,so yeah is not about outselling the wii now which is dead,is about having longer legs which i am sure the PS4 will have,want to bet the PS4 will get faster to 100 million than the wii.?

Yes and sony units sold to retailers sold way faster than MS ones.

@mems_1224 said:

No the xbox one is and is also bigger in size so it also collect more dust...hahaha

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Good on Sony/Playstation.

Fun little system....good to see it's doing well.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@tormentos said:

@KBFloYd said:

@Desmonic said:

It was also $250 no $400 dollars and was on early January when it reached 20,but the Wii suffer something the PS didn't,a severe slow down,which stop it from even surpassing the PS1,even when it started selling faster than the PS2.

So not only if the PS4 selling close,but i am sure it will have longer legs to.

@GoldenElementXL said:

Shipped numbers is what xbox one users have been using since December it is good to know the sipped numbers because lemmings and MS use shipped numbers to make the numbers seem closer than they are,so MS give an appearance of selling close to 7 million units when in reality they just shipped that and many are unsold,so now sony also showing what was shipped put things into perspective more clear no matter what shipments or sales the PS4 is doubling the xbox one,and basically outselling the Wii U and xbox one combined like the PS2 use to do in the old days.

@blackace said:

Yes, SOLD TO RETAILERS.

lol Your bitter pill as always...This thread is about sony shipped numbers not about the billions they loss.

The wii hit 20 million but was also $250 not $400,not only that the wii had short legs,it started selling faster than the PS2,but half way it ran out of steam by the 4 years already PS2 numbers were basically tied with it,and by 5th year wii numbers fell greatly behind the PS2.

The Wi arrived at 100 million in June 2013 it took the wii 78 months to arrived at 100 million,the PS2 took 60 months,so yeah is not about outselling the wii now which is dead,is about having longer legs which i am sure the PS4 will have,want to bet the PS4 will get faster to 100 million than the wii.?

Yes and sony units sold to retailers sold way faster than MS ones.

@mems_1224 said:

No the xbox one is and is also bigger in size so it also collect more dust...hahaha

X1 = 13" X 10-3/4", POS4 = 10-7/8" x 12". Yes the X1 is really a lot larger, less than 1 whole inch. The POS4 still looks like a toy made out of recycled plastic. Must be because Sony is broke!

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Thus proving sales numbers mean jack shit to games and gaming.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@doozie78 said:

Thus proving sales numbers mean jack shit to games and gaming.

You really think the publishers were ready for Gen 8 to start with a bang? Just two years ago, the industry news was filled with reports that smart phones were going to replace the console.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

TEH SALEZZZZZZZZZZZ WARZZZZZZZZZZZ!

psone4xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By psone4xbox
Member since 2014 • 64 Posts

That's a lot of blu-ray players...

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Good for them but 2015 better be full of exclusives that are actually good.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@lostrib said:

@nyzma23: well they make things other than video game consoles

Why does SW always think only exclusives matter? Multi plats are games as well....and Sony does have a good library of exclusives in their history that will find their way to the PS4. In the mean time games exist on the console.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@nyzma23: well they make things other than video game consoles

Why does SW always think only exclusives matter? Multi plats are games as well....and Sony does have a good library of exclusives in their history that will find their way to the PS4. In the mean time games exist on the console.

Its because over the last few gens there has been little to separate consoles from one another besides very minute differences in power and their aesthetics both physical and in terms of their OS. Multiplats can differ across platforms due to difficulties developing for one console over another, time, and any other number of reasons.

An exclusive SHOULD in theory be an opportunity for an individual console to shine, and outshine its competitor. Thats why system wars cares about them. Both are lacking quantity but im happy with the quality of titles thus far on my X1.

Id pick up a ps4 tomorrow it it fixes its network and gives us some of those titles that made sony great in the PS1/2 days.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Shipped = Sold now??? Seeing as though any random Best Buy, Walmart, Target or Gamestop has a few hundred of these consoles just sitting in their storage rooms, I cant really see that as being some major success!!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Woah wait, the cows had something against 'shipped' numbers before when it came to Xbox.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I thought it was bad to report numbers shipped.. at least it seemed to be bad when Microsoft did it :D

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: it isn't lol all the money still paying off their debts lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By tormentos

@rrjim1 said:

X1 = 13" X 10-3/4", POS4 = 10-7/8" x 12". Yes the X1 is really a lot larger, less than 1 whole inch. The POS4 still looks like a toy made out of recycled plastic. Must be because Sony is broke!

You know what make this even more embarrassing for MS.? That the PS4 not only is smaller and thinner,it has a fu**ing build in power supply no fu**ing power brick like the xbox one,imagine how much bigger the xbox VHS would have been if it actually had the power brick PSU inside..hahahaaaaaaa

MS sucks designing units..lol

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Don't worry Microsoft are probably gonna make a slim version one the 20nm APU comes out next year so all their current customers will look like they have got a prototype.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

@tormentos said:

@rrjim1 said:

You know what make this even more embarrassing for MS.? That the PS4 not only is smaller and thinner,it has a fu**ing build in power supply no fu**ing power brick like the xbox one,imagine how much bigger the xbox VHS would have been if it actually had the power brick PSU inside..hahahaaaaaaa

MS sucks designing units..lol

Playstation consoles have always been super ugly and cheaply built.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tormentos

@funkmaster1233 said:

Playstation consoles have always been super ugly and cheaply built.

I would not talk about cheap build things when one of the consoles of the competition had a 50% fail rate biggest of any console in the history of the market which had as effect a 1+ billion assign for repairs...