PS3 vs 360 vs PC - Who plays the most exclusives.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

Ok people, a little experiment on my part id like you to join in on. Alot of drama is placed on exclusive titles for each platform, and while I agree that they do influence choice of platform (they did for me) Im not so sure that its the be all end all of gaming devices. For the record, I play PS3 the majority of the time, as a gamer, not as a cow.

I want to see how many people here play exclusives over multiplats, but we do it by the book, not by fanboyism, or the thread is pointless.

Ok? ready? Here we go.

I want PS3 and 360 owners to go through their achievement / trophy lists, and post how many of there games are exclusive, and how many are multiplats. For now, lets ignore download only games, and look at retail releases. PC gamers, please use your steam profile to join this, but only count a game if it did have a disc based retail release. Nintendo gamers, Im sorry, but you have no proof :) please skip the thread lol (only joking, if you have a way to be included please post and ill edit)

My count (non-retial games do not get counted for now, only count a game if it had a disc based release)

Exclusives =18 (not counting non-retail games)

Multiplat = 28 (not counting non-retail games)

So my gaming sees more multiplats played than exclusives when comparing retail titles, but by less than I expected. The count could be argued to be lower as trophy support was not active at console launch, but for the sake of this thread (and being able to prove you have played them) we will go with this for now.

So gamers of SW's. Lets see your count:cool:

Disclaimer - just for fun and so we can see the facts, please, please leave your inner fanboy outside the thread. This is for fact finding, and the production of interesting figures to be discussed. It is not a flame / fanboy / troll thread. Please do not turn it into one. Also, if you cant be bothered (fair enough) then dont post here telling me you cant be bothered lol, just dont post at all.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Disclaimer - just for fun and so we can see the facts, please, please leave your inner fanboy outside the thread. This is for fact finding, and the production of interesting figures to be discussed. It is not a flame / fanboy / troll thread. Please do not turn it into one. Also, if you cant be bothered (fair enough) then dont post here telling me you cant be bothered lol, just dont post at all.

BibiMaghoo

You came to the wrong place if you expect anything different. Opinionated "facts" are all the rage in SW.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Jeebus I have over 360 games on my Steam list.

It would take me all day to compile this data.

Just skimming it looks like It's mostly multi-plats but only by about the same raito as yours, maybe a little higher towards multi.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]

Tikeio

You came to the wrong place if you expect anything different. Opinionated "facts" are all the rage in SW.

I have some faith that not everyone is like that....... Thats why Its to be done on only what can be proved.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BibiMaghoo

Jeebus I have over 360 games on my Steam list.

It would take me all day to compile this data.

Just skimming it looks like It's mostly multi-plats but only by about the same raito as yours, maybe a little higher towards multi.

Kinthalis
Sorry lol, I do realise that its alot of effort for some people. Still though, you have provided some data just not the figures, so thank you.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Here's my steam list, BTW: Steam games

Going to my most recently played games there's 1 PC exclusive, but I've also bene playing TOR and the Diablo 3 beta plus Star craft 2, that's another 3 exclusives.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

Just going through my games on Steam

226 games in my library (give or take a couple for mods)

89 are exclusive in the list.

plus I found another 15 boxed copies of exclusive PC games just then at a glance.

EDIT: Didn't see the "retail release only" part.... Seems like a cunning ploy to even the playing field.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tikeio

I have some faith that not everyone is like that....... Thats why Its to be done on only what can be proved. BibiMaghoo

Alright, well here's my list.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

I want PS3 and 360 owners to go through their achievement / trophy lists, and post how many of there games are exclusive, and how many are multiplats. For now, lets ignore download only games, and look at retail releases. PC gamers, please use your steam profile to join this, but only count a game if it did have a disc based retail release. Nintendo gamers, Im sorry, but you have no proof :) please skip the thread lol (only joking, if you have a way to be included please post and ill edit)

BibiMaghoo

i have the most hours in games that arent disk based...but yeah lets do this count...

34 multiplats

45 exclusives

and sorry counted my download only games...had to count LoL and beat hazard and stuff like that...but some of them are multiplats so whatever

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BibiMaghoo
Tikeio, I count... 8 exclusives 30 multiplats excluding non retail. Thanks for the post.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]

lpjazzman220

i have the most hours in games that arent disk based...but yeah lets do this count...

34 multiplats

45 exclusives

and sorry counted my download only games...had to count LoL and beat hazard and stuff like that...but some of them are multiplats so whatever

I do realise that PC gamers will probably have a higher content on non retail games, but to balance this most PC gamers collections will surpass the consoles volumes for this gen, as most likely the games will have been played over a longer period of time than the current gen.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

There is no such thing as "PC exclusive" as the platform has nobody to sign an exclusivity contract with.

A program is not "exclusive" just because nobody bothered to port it yet.

360 users play mostly multiplats cuz their exclusives suck.

PS3 users play mostly exclusives cuz their multiplats suck.

I'm sure this post will enrage all 3 groups.

Wanderlei_Rua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wanderlei_Rua
Member since 2011 • 178 Posts

PS3 owner:

I probably have more time in my multiplats, but that's mostly because of Oblivion, Skyrim, New Vegas, and Fallout 3. I probably own nearly as many exclusives as Multis.

Exclusives:

Uncharted 1

Resistance 1

GOW 3

GT 5

R&C Future Tools

R&C: Crack in Time

MLB 2009: The Show

MGS4

Multiplats:

Oblivion

Skyrim

Fallout 3

New Vegas

RB6: Vegas

Madden 2012

College Hoops2K10

COD4: MW (the first MW)

NCAA Football 2010

I know I'm forgetting a few...

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

Disc only games do not do the 360 justice and I am sure you know that but sure. I will play alone.

360:

13 exclusives

3 console exclusives - not on another console

15 multiplats

PS3:

14 exclusives

I counted arcade/download titles as well.

360:

18 downloades titles with 8 of those only on 360

PS3:

6 downloaded titles with 5 on PS3 only.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

54 games.

6 exclusives.360 ftw.lol.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tikeio

No one else has ScreenSnapr? It's much faster than typing. :cool:

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BibiMaghoo

There is no such thing as "PC exclusive" as the platform has nobody to sign an exclusivity contract with.

LazySloth718
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BibiMaghoo

No one else has ScreenSnapr? It's much faster than typing. :cool:

Tikeio
If people are snapping there steam tags, we will get one post per page lol.
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

PC: 5 exclusives and **** load of multiplats that I can't count. :P

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts
There is no such thing as "PC exclusive" as the platform has nobody to sign an exclusivity contract with.LazySloth718
That's not the definition of "exclusive" within System Wars. After all, there are enough console exclusives that haven't signed any form of exclusivity contract either. And then consider games like Gears of War 1, Halo 2 and Fable 3 that are also on PC as well as 360. I'm sure there's an exclusivity contract (or something similar cause I don't know how this stuff works entirely) that makes sure the games stay only on Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

BibiMaghoo

What system do you feel that I'm being a fanboy of?

Factfinding ok.

On 360 I have Forza 3, Halo 3, Alan Wake, Gears 1 & 2, ME1 & 2 and Splinter Cell. (I count 6 exclusives) and maybe 20 multiplats.

On PS3 I have MAG, LBP and Infamous (3 exclusives) and maybe 10 multiplats.

On PC I have nothing that exists on consoles, about 10 games (used to have hundreds but they were on diskette)

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

LazySloth718

What system do you feel that I'm being a fanboy of?

Factfinding ok.

On 360 I have Forza 3, Halo 3, Alan Wake, Gears 1 & 2, ME1 & 2 and Splinter Cell. (I count 6 exclusives) and maybe 20 multiplats.

On PS3 I have MAG, LBP and Infamous (3 exclusives) and maybe 10 multiplats.

On PC I have nothing that exists on consoles, about 10 games (used to have hundreds but they were on diskette)

none in perticular, its just that your post existed solely to inflame, and didnt asnwer the question or address the post. You have corrected that though, so thank you for the info.
Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Nagru
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

I'm curious, why ignore DD-only titles; especially considering the modern PC market? Anyways, here's the count of my PC titles:

Exclusive: 39 (+16 DD)
Multiplat: 60 (+9 DD)

I've only purchased a portion through Steam, but my profile has the rest. (and a few extra I didn't count)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't have that many exclusives:

MS Flight Simulator X

DCS: Black Shark

ARMA 2

Sins of a Solar Empire

X-Plane 9 used to be exclusive to PC and Mac. But, it was also released for iOS.

I'm quite fine with multiplat gaming

MS Simulator X remains my most-played game despite being the oldest for this "generation."

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"]

BibiMaghoo

34 multiplats

45 exclusives

I do realise that PC gamers will probably have a higher content on non retail games, but to balance this most PC gamers collections will surpass the consoles volumes for this gen, as most likely the games will have been played over a longer period of time than the current gen.

with the exception of like 10 games(most of which were multiplats...ghost recon and splinter cell and the old halflifes) they were all current gen games...

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I own a PS3 and 7 out of 16 of my games are exclusives, however, I'd say I spend about 80-90% of my game time with my multiplats anyways. I did this just by looking at my game cases, but my PSN ID is Pikminmaniac if you want to check

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BibiMaghoo

I'm curious, why ignore DD-only titles; especially considering the modern PC market? Anyways, here's the count of my PC titles:

Exclusive: 39 (+16 DD)
Multiplat: 60 (+9 DD)

I've only purchased a portion through Steam, but my profile has the rest. (and a few extra I didn't count)

Nagru

well, DD only titles tend to be more niche when it comes to consoles, in my experience, they tend to be less noticed and less time spent playing them. The purpose of the thread was to see what titles gamers spend the majority of time playing, be they exclusives or multiplat. DD titles are overwelming on PC, as its a great way for new devs to break through. Including them for all platforms would skew the results hugely in favour of the PC, but with titles that are not necessarily known or played by many gamers. Im happy to check them out after, but for now just compare retail releases.

@lpjazzman220 - I am generalising. Yours may all be current gen games, but the volume of games a PC gamer may have could very likely strech multiple gens. My own PC game collection spans two gens of consoles.

@Pikminmaniac - I dont need to check dude, I only wanted people to be able to prove it incase some crazy dude made some outrageous claims. No one has, so no need. So far then, it seems the majority of games we all play regardless of platform are the multiplats. If people keep posting results, Ill get a spreadsheet together for proper figures.

Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nagru
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

well, DD only titles tend to be more niche when it comes to consoles, in my experience, they tend to be less noticed and less time spent playing them. The purpose of the thread was to see what titles gamers spend the majority of time playing, be they exclusives or multiplat. DD titles are overwelming on PC, as its a great way for new devs to break through. Including them for all platforms would skew the results hugely in favour of the PC, but with titles that are not necessarily known or played by many gamers. Im happy to check them out after, but for now just compare retail releases.BibMaghoo

I definitely play more multiplats than exclusives either way, I'm just mildly annoyed that certain games are being ignored simply because of their distribution plan. (And no, games are not niche or unkown/unplayed because they're DD-only either; at least in the PC market. Didn't realize there was this big of a gap in how console/PC gamers view DD-only titles...)

Ah, I'm just nitpicking. As long as people clarify what they play the most, it doesn't really matter.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BibiMaghoo

[quote="BibMaghoo"]well, DD only titles tend to be more niche when it comes to consoles, in my experience, they tend to be less noticed and less time spent playing them. The purpose of the thread was to see what titles gamers spend the majority of time playing, be they exclusives or multiplat. DD titles are overwelming on PC, as its a great way for new devs to break through. Including them for all platforms would skew the results hugely in favour of the PC, but with titles that are not necessarily known or played by many gamers. Im happy to check them out after, but for now just compare retail releases.Nagru

I definitely play more multiplats than exclusives either way, I'm just mildly annoyed that certain games are being ignored simply because of their distribution plan. (And no, games are not niche or unkown/unplayed because they're DD-only either; at least in the PC market. Didn't realize there was this big of a gap in how console/PC gamers view DD-only titles...)

Ah, I'm just nitpicking. As long as people clarify what they play the most, it doesn't really matter.

There is a big gap in how it is viewed for some. PSN / XBLA games are generally considered arcade or 'small' titles, of course this doesnt apply to all, and I wasnt suggesting that all these games are considered niche, just that alot of people view them as smaller games for less money, hence not as 'good' as regular releases. This is actually rubish, and non existant for PC gamers. But many console owners overlook downloadable titles, something that tends to be reflected in sales also. Knowledge of a good PC game tends to spread like wildfire by word of mouth, you dont see anything like this with console communities.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
too much work. I have about 15 ps3 games, all exclusive and about 3-4 of them are MLB the Show. Last time I played my PS3 was last year. I have played well over 100 games on my 360, no idea how many are exclusive.
OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

PS3 31 exclusives / 48 multiplats

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

Just going through my games on Steam

226 games in my library (give or take a couple for mods)

89 are exclusive in the list.

plus I found another 15 boxed copies of exclusive PC games just then at a glance.

EDIT: Didn't see the "retail release only" part.... Seems like a cunning ploy to even the playing field.

the_mitch28
I agree. By not counting download only, TC is cutting out a huge chunck of pc games. This experiment can't yield accurate results.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Necro'd again
psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 psx_warrior
[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

BibiMaghoo

You are accomplishing nothing by excluding download only games. You obviously know that these games constitute the majority of pc exclusive games, and have chosen to leave them out. You are just a console fanboy trying to disguise him or herself into an objective poster. Your thread is an epic fail!!!
psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 psx_warrior
Necro'd againMonsieurX
Ah man!!! Thanks for pointing that out. Thread will probably be locked soon.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
cant count the games i have ( about 200 between steam/greenmangaming/gamersgate and about 50retail games ) but probably i own a bit more multiplats but on the other hand my play time is probably more towards exclusives since my favorite genre is strategy games ( hell Civilization V alone i clocked 300hours according to steam since i bought it 6-7 months ago )
SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

LazySloth718

Agreed.

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

These annoying pc gamers are getting on my nerves day by day.Take this game as a reward for all the trolling done by you pc gamers.This is fps game developed by me for wild pc gamers where ps3 is the weapon to shoot pc rantz.I hope you will enjoy it. http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/188678-pc-rantzchreechokash

You'll soon be banned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
PS3 = 19 (might be more since i traded in a few early PS3 exclusives that didn't have trophies). PC = 4 (will become 3 once Blacklight Retribution moves to PS4, 2 if the rumoured Planetside 2 joins it too, though there are plenty of last gen games i bought this gen though) 360 = 7
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#42 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

PC has the most exclusives, but the best is subjective. PC has the best strategy games, PS3 has the best action adventure games, 360 has the best racers, etc...

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Another necro...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
It's ALLLIVVVVEEEEEe.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#45 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Well I own all 3 and play 360 exclusives the most. I personally love Halo and Gears. Last exclusive I bought on PS3 was Infamous 2 last year for $20. Might get Last of Us though if my PS3 isn't sold by then.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

WarTornRuston

I see Timbers :D

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Your system is flawed. I bought my PS3 for exclusives only. So of course my exclusive to multiplat ratio would be a lot higher on the PS3 than it would my PC because I buy a lot of PC exclusives AND all multiplats (unless it is a game my kids want like Black Ops 2, then it is for PS3) that I want on PC.
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
[QUOTE="chreechokash"]These annoying pc gamers are getting on my nerves day by day.Take this game as a reward for all the trolling done by you pc gamers.This is fps game developed by me for wild pc gamers where ps3 is the weapon to shoot pc rantz.I hope you will enjoy it. http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/188678-pc-rantz

I don't think you'll last long here at the pace you're going.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

These annoying pc gamers are getting on my nerves day by day chreechokash

You do know this is system wars right?.... Did you think this was general forums?