PS Vita sold out from high demand? lies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

On July 2nd, 2014, Polygon published an article quoting Andrew House stating “The U.S. launch of the slimmer and lighter PS Vita has generated strong interest among gamers, and we’re working to replenish supply here to ensure continued momentum leading into the holidays.” Really Sony? Well the NPD numbers are out…..and it doesn’t back up that statement at all.

The NPD numbers were released today for June, and the PS Vita sold 15,000 units for the month of June. That is 4,000 units less than the ORIGINAL WII. So is Nintendo having trouble keeping supply with the Wii Mini?

Because it’s outselling the PS Vita in North America. Look, I don’t want to turn this into a sales flame war, but I really don’t like being lied to Sony. Don’t sit here and act like the PS Vita is doing something great, when it’s not.

This is why I don’t trust Andrew House and his random quotes with ZERO proof to back up what he is saying.

What do you guys think about this? Am I off the mark here or does Sony have some ‘explaining’ they need to do?

http://playeressence.com/sonys-andrew-house-flat-out-lied-concerning-the-ps-vita-in-north-america/

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

15,000 wtf man that's a joke.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45231 Posts

... Or maybe you're over thinking it and they just sold more than they thought they would. Besides, did you really spend that much time making an anti Vita thread?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#4 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Dude he's a company man. His PR may be a lie, it may be misconstrued. They all do it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

it's not a lie though. Sony was expecting to sell 2 Vitas and they sold way more thus creating shortages

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sony lies get worse by the day. If they are talking, they are lying.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

yeah. Next you know, they'll be lying claiming they doubled their sales in a month boosted by them removing hardware that the lied about saying originally that they'd never remove it because it was integral. Sony is such liars claiming they are making original TV programming and then canning the studios working on the projects and saying BS like the system is going to be having online check ins and family sharing. But worst of all, how DARE sony insult our intelligence by lying and saying that nobody can tell the difference between 1080p/lower resolutions AND 60fps/30fps unless they are sitting right in front of a 60" TV screen.

Such scumbags, amiright?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@handssss said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

yeah. Next you know, they'll be lying claiming they doubled their sales in a month boosted by them removing hardware that the lied about saying originally that they'd never remove it because it was integral. Sony is such liars claiming they are making original TV programming and then canning the studios working on the projects and saying BS like the system is going to be having online check ins and family sharing. But worst of all, how DARE sony insult our intelligence by lying and saying that nobody can tell the difference between 1080p/lower resolutions AND 60fps/30fps unless they are sitting right in front of a 60" TV screen.

Such scumbags, amiright?

lol these lems are getting steamrolled in their own game.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

@KBFloYd: Sony has a very long history of lying to gamers. I'm actually fairly confident it's one of the items listed as "high priority" on their business model.

Only fanboys will deny this and get hurt over this truth. There are countless times that Sony has proved how much lying is important to them.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FoxbatAlpha

@Gue1 said:

@handssss said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Such scumbags, amiright?

That's quite a circle jerk you guys got going on here.

Killzone MP 1080p?

DriveClub will be free at launch?

Watchdogs promo 1080p60fps only on PS4?

You guys should wake the **** up someday.

You are confusing lies with compromise.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Gue1 said:

@handssss said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Such scumbags, amiright?

That's quite a circle jerk you guys got going on here.

Killzone MP 1080p?

DriveClub will be free at launch?

Watchdogs promo 1080p60fps only on PS4?

You guys should wake the **** up someday.

You are confusing lies with compromise.

Don't forget Killzone 2.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

On July 2nd, 2014, Polygon published an article quoting Andrew House stating “The U.S. launch of the slimmer and lighter PS Vita has generated strong interest among gamers, and we’re working to replenish supply here to ensure continued momentum leading into the holidays.” Really Sony? Well the NPD numbers are out…..and it doesn’t back up that statement at all.

The NPD numbers were released today for June, and the PS Vita sold 15,000 units for the month of June. That is 4,000 units less than the ORIGINAL WII. So is Nintendo having trouble keeping supply with the Wii Mini?

Because it’s outselling the PS Vita in North America. Look, I don’t want to turn this into a sales flame war, but I really don’t like being lied to Sony. Don’t sit here and act like the PS Vita is doing something great, when it’s not.

This is why I don’t trust Andrew House and his random quotes with ZERO proof to back up what he is saying.

What do you guys think about this? Am I off the mark here or does Sony have some ‘explaining’ they need to do?

http://playeressence.com/sonys-andrew-house-flat-out-lied-concerning-the-ps-vita-in-north-america/

How is he lying.?

Do you know how much they shipped.? If they shipped 20k and sold 15 doesn't that imply that they have to replenish supplies.? Without knowing what was the shipment it is impossible to know if he is lying.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FoxbatAlpha

@tormentos said:

@KBFloYd said:

How is he lying.?

Do you know how much they shipped.? If they shipped 20k and sold 15 doesn't that imply that they have to replenish supplies.? With knowing what was the shipment it is impossible to know if he is lying.

Look at that muh fuckers face. He even lies when he is just thinking. Oh and that crap when he talked about Destiny...............priceless lies.

If you cant admit that Sony has a well laid history of lies then maybe you should go to OT and torture people there.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It's very possible they only shipped 15-20 thousand units. Who knows really. He's probably stretching the truth a bit, but who knows how much.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tormentos

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Look at that muh fuckers face. He even lies when he is just thinking. Oh and that crap when he talked about Destiny...............priceless lies.

If you cant admit that Sony has a well laid history of lies then maybe you should go to OT and torture people there.

You mean like when MS claimed a sell out and day 1 edition xbox one were been found week later on stores.?

Or how the falsely claimed the xbox one was breaking records,when even the xbox 360 was beating it in time frame.?

How about telling people that there would not be a graphical difference on launch and claim the games would speak for them self,when in reality on launch all multiplatforms were superior on PS4.? How MS PR danced around confirming COD Ghost as been 720p on xbox one,how its PR claimed to not know when Activision Mark Rubin actually stated that MS engineers were side by side with Activision working and helping on the game.?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd

@tormentos said:

How is he lying.?

Do you know how much they shipped.? If they shipped 20k and sold 15 doesn't that imply that they have to replenish supplies.? Without knowing what was the shipment it is impossible to know if he is lying.

are you serious? only shipped 20k to the whole united states?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tormentos

@KBFloYd said:

What do you expect them to ship on a product that was barely selling already.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22739 Posts

I bought one last week and it took me a couple weeks to nail one down. Gamestop, amazon, best buy, Walmart and target were all completely out of stock at hq.... gamestop replenished stock first and that's where i purchased. In store delivery was not an option.

This is definitely a case of very low numbers being shipped to the u.s. but as of today, yes the vita is a rare find in the wild... unless you like paying significantly more from small retailers.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

PSV is basically dead. I have one and while the system is great, there isn't really any big AAA titles to look forward to after this year. At least not that has been announced.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Andrew House has got so much swag. I bet he's got a dartboard with Phil Spencer's face on it, and he throws darts on it with his eyes closed and hits the bullseye every time.

Even Justin's trying to mask his overwhelming love for him with some kind of weak, impotent rage.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@KBFloYd: Yeah, that's definitely a lie. He might have gotten the U.S. mixed up with Japan where it's selling very well. The PSVita is doing shit in US and Europe. It's all the craze in Japan however.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I've been saying this for awhile now. There is no such demand they are merely not replenishing supplies.

PSVITA TV will replace it. They are quietly and slowly killing the Vita in the USA. Anyone can see it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blackace

@handssss said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Such scumbags, amiright?

You obviously don't know about Sony's historical past of lying. lol!! Yes, Sony has been scum, especially in the past. they let their ego go to their heads and the PS3 botch brought them back to Earth. No one have said that Microsoft hasn't lied as well. We know they have and so has Nintendo. **shrug** All 3 companies have lied in the past. That's what PR Spin is all about.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blackace

@tormentos said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You mean like when MS claimed a sell out and day 1 edition xbox one were been found week later on stores.?

Or how the falsely claimed the xbox one was breaking records,when even the xbox 360 was beating it in time frame.?

How about telling people that there would not be a graphical difference on launch and claim the games would speak for them self,when in reality on launch all multiplatforms were superior on PS4.? How MS PR danced around confirming COD Ghost as been 720p on xbox one,how its PR claimed to not know when Activision Mark Rubin actually stated that MS engineers were side by side with Activision working and helping on the game.?

How come you can never stay on topic when it's something negative about Sony or the PS4? LMAO!! You're always trying to bring Microsoft and XB1 into Sony/PS4 topics. You're one of the worse trolls on SW. No one has any respect for anything you say on here. I usually just skip all the garbage you write anyways.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Sony purposely stopped shipping them. They changed the manufacturing process so we are now on the next vita slim version. It just makes the vita slim cheaper to produce without adding anything so they kept it hush hush. They wanted to clear stock of the old model so they stopped shipping them creating a shortage for something people barely want because Sony is run by idiots. That's all that happened folks . I don't have any links but this was discovered a while ago and I can't be bothered. Look it up yourselfs.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blackace
@tormentos said:

@KBFloYd said:

What do you expect them to ship on a product that was barely selling already.

What Sony probably did was completely STOP SHIPPING PS Vitas for several weeks, since their sales had been slow. When retailers asked for more, Sony was slow in shipping them to retailer, which caused the draught. I'm pretty sure Sony did this purposely so they could say PSVita's are sold out, even though it took weeks for that to happen as Sony weren't shipping any new units to retailers. I could visit some Gamestops and confirm this I'm sure. I know a few managers.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blackace
@Bread_or_Decide said:

I've been saying this for awhile now. There is no such demand they are merely not replenishing supplies.

PSVITA TV will replace it. They are quietly and slowly killing the Vita in the USA. Anyone can see it.

Ding..Ding.. Ding... Ding!! We have winner. LOL!! Pretty easy to figure out.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Wasn't June during the time of vita shortages? Since the slim came out in may and sold out

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@ People saying Sony is lying/PR spinning, you mean like every other big company ever?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KBFloYd

@lostrib said:

Wasn't June during the time of vita shortages? Since the slim came out in may and sold out

good point...but arent people saying they are still hard to find?

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I guess he's saying that production has been kept at a lower rate than the expected demand.

Edit: While artificial shortages CAN be used to encourage demand, it's not exactly a great idea with a system already struggling with relative obscurity.

I'd say that in the case of Vita, they just did'nt want to make more models than they could sell.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

No one outside of Japan gives a shit about PSV. It's just laughable anyone thinks otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#33 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Vita(lol)

The funniest people are those who actually still think that it may ever be a viable alternative to the 3DS. Like, it won't be. It never will be, I'm saying this as someone who played mine for six hours yesterday. The thing is dead- it was a brilliant handheld Sony gave no fucks about, and it's dead. Accept it, appreciate the fact you still got to enjoy it, and move on.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#34 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Sounds like they pulled a Nintendo, or at least are trying too. They have so little units out in the market it creates it's own demand.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

To think there was a time I considered buying one of these.

Sony is pretty bad when it comes to supporting their own platforms it seems. I wonder if they'll make another handheld.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#36 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@KBFloYd: NPD =/= world

i thought that was obvious

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

15,000 in a 5 week NPD.

Now that is impressive.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Vita(lol)

I'm saying this as someone who played mine for six hours yesterday. The thing is dead

Well duh, after 6 hours the battery probably died. You have to recharge it

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#39 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Vita(lol)

The funniest people are those who actually still think that it may ever be a viable alternative to the 3DS. Like, it won't be. It never will be, I'm saying this as someone who played mine for six hours yesterday. The thing is dead- it was a brilliant handheld Sony gave no fucks about, and it's dead. Accept it, appreciate the fact you still got to enjoy it, and move on.

Pretty much this.

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

Vita(lol)

I'm saying this as someone who played mine for six hours yesterday. The thing is dead

Well duh, after 6 hours the battery probably died. You have to recharge it

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Yeah like MS, EA or Nintendo never talked out their Ass.

Everyone knows the Vita is selling like shit just like everyone knows the Wii U is selling like shit you don't need NPD numbers to figure out that.