Poll: Which Of These Is The Downfall Of Gaming This Generation?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boogie_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Boogie_J
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

fanboys are, and always will be the downfall of gaming.

clone01

hardcore fanboys dont affect the gaming climate much at all. casuals do though

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#102 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

i dislike games like wiifit making so much money when it isnt even really a game at all. has to make you wonder how it makes the actual game developers feel when they spend millions of dollars and a whole load of time making a nice polished title which gets outsold by wiifit... it would certainly annoy me.

zarshack

If any developers think it's somehow unfair that WiiFit is outselling their game, then they are idiots. WiiFit's sales aren't being 'stolen' from their game, because the soccer moms who are buying WiiFit have never heard of their game, and would never think of buying it instead of WiiFit. The people who have heard of their game, meanwhile, aren't any less likely to buy it because of WiiFit, because they aren't interested in WiiFit at all. So the 'good' game's sales are no more and no less than they would be if WiiFit wasn't on the market.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"]

Boogie_J

How? the wii doesn't have DLC, Nintendo doesn't charge 50$ for online or 60$ per game
404-not-found

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 404-not-found
Member since 2009 • 1050 Posts
Short single player campaings. Every game should take a look at Halo 3 and follow that model, best SP this gen and the most played MP game.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#105 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

None of those is the right answer. The price to make big HD games is what should be listed.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Tough choice for me, I so wanted to say DLC, but then again it can be good so I consider it like a neutral thing (with some very evil tendencies) while short Single Player Campaigns just sucks and nothing about it is good. So I went with that, RE:5 should have been a 3-5 hours longer (like RE:4).

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

Guitar Hero needs to die. The game is virtually unchanged and yet they release 20 spin-offs every year. Activision is the laziest developer ever. They will release the same stuff every year : gh, cod, and make a killing. At least EA comes up with new ips like Ao2, Dead Space, and Mirror's Edge.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I'm happy with this gen. Why can't people just be happy and play video games like we used to?

doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#109 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
Good poll! I had a hard time picking one. I went with single player games. The $50-$60 price tag just doesn't justify the amount of single player experience, considering most multiplayer experiences are extremely similar to one another; especially shooters.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

I honestly think that all of those things are pretty weak, but deifnitely the third, and fifth choices; with the emphasis leaning to the fifth choice by a good margin.

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
Hard to decide between short SP campaigns and DLC, but if SP campaigns were long enough to satisfy people, there would be little need for DLC. Short SP campaigns for me.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Casual gamers fuel the industry, why is everybody against them?

usmcjdk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 usmcjdk6
Member since 2007 • 1240 Posts

I find no compelling reason to play through most of my games twice. I think the only game I played through twice was Kane and Lynch, because despite popular belief, and the absolutely redundant giant tractor...it's a pretty sweet game.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29835 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"]

Boogie_J

i rest my case. tetris is possibly the greatest selling game of all time, and it can be perceived as casual or hardcore. in the end, fanboys damage gaming more than any other entity.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
1,2,5 are all good choices if i could add cookie cutter shooters as number 6 that would be most of my gripes for this gen list
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#116 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts

DLC for sure, the whole multilayer thing is just a phase mainly confined to consoles. Reviewers are partly to blame for this. "No Multiplayer" has been a frequent and sometimes undeserved detraction from a score. If you want your single player fix then PC is probably your safest bet, im still working my way through as as yet un seen parts of The Witcher on my second play through (gotta love the fiction).

DLC removal has been proven now, the other options were just different types of games. This is an actual lowering of quality to steal from a fanbase, the tomb raider incident was inexcusable.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

Casual gamers fuel the industry, why is everybody against them?

thelastguy
because the casuals from the past two generations now call them selves hardcore. so the "new casuals" are to be feared and bashed because they are new.