Pokemons returns in 2014 with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

• 153 results
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

ITSSSSS HAAPPPENNNNINNNNGGGGGGG

#hoennconfirmed

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

God, let it rest a bit already...

Also, they wasted two names (Omega and Alpha) that could have been used for a new gen.

Pokemon is annual bro. it's been annual since 2014. It also has a very steady rhythm every generation (new games->remakes->enhanced third game). I don't know why you were expecting anything different, really.

If CoD and AC gets shit from being annual, why shouldn't this? Still getting the games though (Pokemon and AC).

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45106 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

lmao where are the 3DS people complaining about remakes and ports now? oh wait, that's only reserved for Vita

The difference is very few 3DS games are remakes and ports- over half the Vita's library is remakes and ports.

(also that we aren't sure these are remakes yet, they might actually be sequels).

Ocarina of Time 3D, Starfox 64 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Super Street Fighter 4 3D, Tekken 3D, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, A Link Between Worlds (remake), Pokemon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire (remake)

Also, 3DS suffers deeply from lack of new franchises. There are a couple here and there, but it's mostly the same franchises since inception. Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Fire Emblem, yada yada.

Also, another thing people miscalculate: multiplats aren't really ports. They are called multiplat for a reason. And that is an ADVANTAGE the Vita has over 3DS.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: correction: A Link Between Worlds is a sequel. And it is not confirmed that these two pokemon games are remakes. Let's not be hasty.

All that leaves is first-mid second year remakes for when the 3ds wasn't doing so well. You still can't say that it's still a remake station.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

lmao where are the 3DS people complaining about remakes and ports now? oh wait, that's only reserved for Vita

The difference is very few 3DS games are remakes and ports- over half the Vita's library is remakes and ports.

(also that we aren't sure these are remakes yet, they might actually be sequels).

Yeah, no. Over half the Vita library is not ports / remakes. Please don't spread false information.

Yes it is, especially in the west. It's full of indie games on other systems.

Slightly curious, are you ever happy with anything Nintendo does with the 3DS?

If you're talking about PS Vita's digital offerings, you're right. The Vita's digital library is heavy with ports of indie games. Physical releases you're wrong and Vita's physical library is bigger then it's digital library.

Nintendo themselves? No. 3DS is good because of 3rd Party. Wii U is garbage that I am keeping around because Nintendo backed Bayonetta 2 (I'll give them credit for backing Platinum). I'm sure I've made it clear that I think Nintendo and the majority of their internal studios these days are lazy and a company heavily reliant on nostalgia and familiar characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Ocarina of Time 3D, Starfox 64 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Super Street Fighter 4 3D, Tekken 3D, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, A Link Between Worlds (remake), Pokemon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire (remake)

Also, 3DS suffers deeply from lack of new franchises. There are a couple here and there, but it's mostly the same franchises since inception. Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Fire Emblem, yada yada.

Also, another thing people miscalculate: multiplats aren't really ports. They are called multiplat for a reason. And that is an ADVANTAGE the Vita has over 3DS.

A Link Between Worlds is not a remake. What the ****?

Tekken 3D is also not a remake. What the ****?

Have you seen the amount of new games the 3DS gets? Did you list those? It would comically dwarf your 'remake' list.

3DS gets plenty of new franchises- stuff like Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Rolling Western, Bravely Default.

Multiplats, ports, the point is those games are not Vita's games. They were put there just because. Having a multiplat library is an advantage when you have enough compelling exclusive content to begin with. The Vita does not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Also, they wasted two names (Omega and Alpha) that could have been used for a new gen.

Pokemon is annual bro. it's been annual since 2014. It also has a very steady rhythm every generation (new games->remakes->enhanced third game). I don't know why you were expecting anything different, really.

If CoD and AC gets shit from being annual, why shouldn't this? Still getting the games though (Pokemon and AC).

Well, good thing is, neither CoD nor AC get shit for being annual from me. I get as visibly excited and hyped for those as I do for Pokemon.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Have you seen the amount of new games the 3DS gets? Did you list those? It would comically dwarf your 'remake' list.

3DS gets plenty of new franchises- stuff like Pushmo, Sakura Samurai, Rolling Western, Bravely Default.

Multiplats, ports, the point is those games are not Vita's games. They were put there just because. Having a multiplat library is an advantage when you have enough compelling exclusive content to begin with. The Vita does not.

Why would you assume that the Vita person has another option on another console? The fact that Vita owners don't have to buy a ps3 to play games like Dragon's Crown, FFX HD, Blaz Blue, Disgaea, etc is a HUGE plus. And having them on the go is a great benefit (owning it on console or not) So why is that a bad thing, again?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 93BlackHawk93

@charizard1605 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Well, good thing is, neither CoD nor AC get shit for being annual from me. I get as visibly excited and hyped for those as I do for Pokemon.

How do you feel about Advanced Warfare? Is it a sequel of any kind to Modern Warfare?

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 FlamesOfGrey

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Inferior ports at that.

@FlamesOfGrey said:
@PhazonBlazer said:

Oh good, more milkage.

People complain when there's a new Assassin's Creed of Call of Duty game, but when there's a remake of an old Pokemon game?

Dude, you know it's not milking when Nintendo does it, it's giving the fans what they want. They just happen to want to play the same **** every cycle.

You think Nintendo gets a pass?! I could say the same thing about Sony (TLoU). Lawlz!

No one gave TLOU a free pass. People did just what they did for AC / COD / Nintendo games... i.e. "This is milkage but oh well I'm still buying it.". Actually Nintendo fans don't even do the first part. They always think it's awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Why would you assume that the Vita person has another option on another console? The fact that Vita owners don't have to buy a ps3 to play games like Dragon's Crown, FFX HD, Blaz Blue, Disgaea, etc is a HUGE plus. And having them on the go is a great benefit (owning it on console or not) So why is that a bad thing, again?

Except Vita owners do own a PS3 and/or PS4

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 93BlackHawk93

@FlamesOfGrey: I think we both saw different reactions because cows reacted the same way as sheep. Spewing SDC, calling everyone else jealous or butthurt and shit.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

OH MY GOD YES

I NEVER SAW IT COMING

HOLY SHIT I CANT BREATHE

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#64 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Neat.

Vita fanboys be jelly.

As a 3DS only owner I ask of what? I mean, it's not as if there haven't already been a ton of Pokemon games. Skipping on a generations you wont be missing out on much.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Except Vita owners do own a PS3 and/or PS4

source?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

So I am 100% for the idea of Sequels/remakes in hoenn. Two things though.

#1 please don't make them garbage like X&Y nintendo.

#2 Why didn't you wait until E3?

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Nice, I skipped gen 3 so I'm really looking forward to this.

I figured this announcement would come sooner or later; they remade RB for the GBA, and GS for the DS, so one would assume they would remake RS for the 3DS.

Would have been better as an E3 announcement though.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Looks like salty vita fans are coming out of the woodwork right on schedule.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Ahh yes, the Pokemon fans are out in full force now.

The Last of Us is getting remade in full 1080p 60FPS on PS4 and everyone shits on it.

But when Pokemon gets remade with barely better graphics? "ZOMG POKEMANS! GOTTA BUY THEM ALL!!1!"

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#70  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@sts106mat said:

sorry dude...too old for pokemon, i wont ever understand it....no harm intended

You should give it a go, dude. Impeccable game design at its best.

In multiplayer maybe.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
@Shinobishyguy said:

Salty Vita fans? i havent seen a single person even mention the Vita in here are you daydreaming?

why would Vita owners be salty even? Vita is getting tons of games this year i dont think many care for a milked franchise that does the same exact thing every single year and this is coming from a big pokemon fan whos getting this game day 1

:/

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 vashkey

Just yuck. Ruby and Sapphire were the games pushed me away from Pokemon. Now it's going to be bloated by all the unnecessary gigapet crap from X/Y and probably make the story overindulgent too. Im done with this series.

Im kind of surprised Nintendo decided to remake em since they were the worst selling entires in the series. At this point though Pokemon fans will buy anything because of nostalgia

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

God, the mobile site is just awful when people don't watch their quote chains.

But why in the world are ports/remakes complaints being discussed? People are gonna bitch about remakes or ports, and people are going to ignore that fact, purchase the game, then turn right around to another and call it out for being another boring remake. We call them hypocrites, and yes that's what fanboys are.

It isn't rocket science and I'm surprised to see decent posters getting their panties in a bunch over something so obvious.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Ew, these were the games that killed my love for the series.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Shinobishyguy

@vashkey: bloated with the gigapet crap that you can completely ignore? Talk about complaining for the sake of it

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

**** THE VITA

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By vashkey

On topic of something like this vs TLoU PS4.... cmon, it's not even the same thing. This is a celebration of this game, it's tenth anniversary.

TLoU on the other hand just came out last year. I'd still argue it justifies it's existence because of the higher resolution and frame rate with included dlc and the original came out so close to the PS4 launch. But a ton of the people you see excited for it already played it on the PS3.

The Pokemon Remakes are going to have a lot more changes and improvements by comparison, it's hardly comparable.

Regardless, Pokemon shouldn't get a free pass while Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed get slammed for doing the same thing. It's your nostalgia.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By vashkey

@Shinobishyguy said:

@vashkey: bloated with the gigapet crap that you can completely ignore? Talk about complaining for the sake of it

It's a part of the game, so yeah, I can complain about it.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FlamesOfGrey

@Shinobishyguy said:

Nintendo rehashing has nothing to do with the Vita. You seem salty considering you didn't tackle any issues and rather went straight for attacking another system.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By FlamesOfGrey

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@FlamesOfGrey: I think we both saw different reactions because cows reacted the same way as sheep. Spewing SDC, calling everyone else jealous or butthurt and shit.

I'm not sure what went down on this forum in particular but I saw a lot of Sony fans calling bull**** on it especially the $60 price.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOOLOOLLOLOLLOLOLLOOLLLL

post-Mortime **** you for greekgamingmaniac.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Shinobishyguy

@vashkey: its a part of the game that isn't required or forced in any way and can be completely ignored.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#83 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Shinodumbo damage controlling for some reason.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By finalstar2007

DAT BOXART yo!!!!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@vashkey said:

On topic of something like this vs TLoU PS4.... cmon, it's not even the same thing. This is a celebration of this game, it's tenth anniversary.

TLoU on the other hand just came out last year. I'd still argue it justifies it's existence because of the higher resolution and frame rate with included dlc and the original came out so close to the PS4 launch. But a ton of the people you see excited for it already played it on the PS3.

The Pokemon Remakes are going to have a lot more changes and improvements by comparison, it's hardly comparable.

Regardless, Pokemon shouldn't get a free pass while Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed get slammed for doing the same thing. It's your nostalgia.

TLOU 1 year anniversary edition XD

Hahahahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@finalstar2007 said:

DAT BOXART yo!!!!

Ah, I see you are a Sapphire fan. Impeccable taste, finalstar

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Shinobishyguy

On topic: I hope sceptile and swampert get megas. It was messed up how blaziken got one but his brothers didn't

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 93BlackHawk93
@charizard1605 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

DAT BOXART yo!!!!

Ah, I see you are a Sapphire fan. Impeccable taste, finalstar

Godzilla is better! :P

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 vashkey

@Shinobishyguy said:

@vashkey: its a part of the game that isn't required or forced in any way and can be completely ignored.

So that means it's immune to criticism? No.

When a single player series gets a multiplayer people don't ignore it. They complain that something that was completely unnecessary to the game was added, that something that no one asked for took up time and resorces of the developer to create.

I didn't ask for a gigapet. I didn't want minigames. But I got them anyway and the developer could have put more time effort into other areas of the game instead and improved the core experience further.

So yeah, sorry to break your hearts Im going to complain about it all I want and I'm within right to do so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Loading Video...

GAME FREAK. IF YOU **** UP THE MUSIC, I WILL FUCKING HUNT YOU DOWN AND MAKE YOU PAY. THERE WILL BE BLOOD. DO NOT FUCKING RUIN THE BEST SOUNDTRACK OF THE SERIES. I SWEAR TO GOD, DON'T.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Shinobishyguy

@vashkey: its a completely harmless feature that does nothing to detract from the game and give each pokemon more personality beyond battling.

How is it a legit complaint? This is like the very definition of nitpicking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Shinobishyguy said:

@vashkey: its a completely harmless feature that does nothing to detract from the game and give each pokemon more personality beyond battling.

How is it a legit complaint? This is like the very definition of nitpicking

What are we even talking about? Why do you care if he finds that feature distracting or poorly executed? It's his opinion, let it go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605: Eww. Why whould you be mad about having that replaced? O.o?

Did you just ew the best soundtrack in the series?

Here, here's the in game version. Now with 100% more trumpets.

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

TLOU 1 year anniversary edition XD

Hahahahaha

That's an odd way to write "TLOU: GOAT of all GOAT's" edition.......

:P

TLOU: Goat simulator edition

XD

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By finalstar2007
@charizard1605 said: