Pokemons returns in 2014 with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

• 153 results
#1 Edited by TheShadowLord07 (22139 posts) -

My favorite gen next to two is getting a remake. Too bad I dont have a 3ds yet lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ywGSON9tNq0

#2 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

Son of a b***! I was just about to post this. :P

#3 Edited by sts106mat (19853 posts) -

lol pokemon

#4 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (34157 posts) -

Well that came out of nowhere.

May get one of these though ever since getting into pokemon with X/Y

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (40907 posts) -

Omega Ruby looks like a Godzilla movie cover.

#6 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3052 posts) -

Hope they take out the IV breeding bs and actually make battles all about skills/strategy...

#7 Edited by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

Fuck this i said to myself to sell my 3DS and not be tricked by Nintendo's milking again but here i am wanting to buy this even though i played the original one.. fuck!

#8 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8145 posts) -

Neat.

Vita fanboys be jelly.

#9 Edited by Wanderer5 (25721 posts) -

Wow that came out of the blue.XD Love this gen, maybe I finally get back into pokemon again with Alpha Sapphire.

So it not a remake? It sounds more like they going to be sequels or such.

#10 Edited by hiphops_savior (7941 posts) -

@ninjapirate2000: To be fair, Gen 1 is pretty much Psychic and crit hax.

#12 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3052 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

@ninjapirate2000: To be fair, Gen 1 is pretty much Psychic and crit hax.

I'd take that over having to breed for hours just for a 5IV pokemon. Plus X/Y was also hacked to hell and back. Those attacks that had a chance to hit between 2-5 times always hit me 5 times on battlespot...damn japanese players...

#14 Posted by Zassimick (6635 posts) -

Omega Ruby for the win! Groudon's one of my favorite legendaries and I missed out on 3rd gen so I'll definitely pick this up.

#15 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25552 posts) -

Well talk about a left fielder. I did not see this coming.

#16 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22488 posts) -

Smart how they announce this right after their fiscal results

#17 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

And suddenly Nintendo's optimism for next year seems more justified...

#18 Edited by Heirren (17324 posts) -

Wow. Way too soon imo.

#20 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

Thank you for the information, I may consider getting another Nintendo 3DS now.

#21 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22488 posts) -

@Desmonic: I don't see why they wouldn't. Going back to sprites after having XY in full 3d would seem like a huge step backwards

#22 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

MOTHERFUCKER

#24 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Shinobishyguy said:

@Desmonic: I don't see why they wouldn't. Going back to sprites after having XY in full 3d would seem like a huge step backwards

I mean yeah, but X/Y just came out what, half a year ago? (give or take). It if releases this year, it'll be an extremely short dev time.

Gonna be awesome either way :P

Two Pokemon games are always in concurrent development at Game Freak at any given time.

#25 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

lol pokemon

lolyou

#26 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

Isn't this just a remake? Seems like that would shorten the development time necessary.

#27 Edited by sts106mat (19853 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@sts106mat said:

lol pokemon

lolyou

sorry dude...too old for pokemon, i wont ever understand it....no harm intended

#28 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Isn't this just a remake? Seems like that would shorten the development time necessary.

Is it a remake? I mean, I naturally assumed it was, but having just watched the trailer, it says 'an all new world and an all new adventure...' so unless they are catering to ten year olds who weren't even around when Ruby and Sapphire were released, what do they mean?

@sts106mat said:

You should give it a go, dude. Impeccable game design at its best.

#30 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605: Huh.. I though they were small-ish studio :P Though I suppose the hardest part has been done (the 3D models). The world should be faster/easier to recreate.

They have 110 people employed currently, I believe.

#31 Posted by sts106mat (19853 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@sts106mat said:

not a chance. my wife sees me trying catch cartoon characters with my balls it's over

#32 Edited by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@charizard1605 said:

@sts106mat said:

not a chance. my wife sees me trying catch cartoon characters with my balls it's over

Haha, they were games before they were cartoons, and they were great games at that. Your wife will understand, I am sure, especially if you play them with your kids :)

#33 Edited by REVOLUTIONfreak (18139 posts) -

Surprised they didn't wait until E3 for this. But then, Pokemon is always a surefire headline-grabber, and I'm sure Nintendo is aware of this. (Why not capitalize on the oodles of good press?)

I've yet to pick up any of the remakes, but I might get this one. I skipped this gen, way back when. So, it's a new experience for me. I'm just wondering if they'll remake it in the style of X and Y?

#34 Posted by sts106mat (19853 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@sts106mat said:

@charizard1605 said:

@sts106mat said:

Haha, they were games before they were cartoons, and they were great games at that. Your wife will understand, I am sure, especially if you play them with your kids :)

Its not gonna happen...honestly. but i know a lot of people like it.

I'll leave you folks to enjoy the news now.

#35 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

Surprised they didn't wait until E3 for this. But then, Pokemon is always a surefire headline-grabber, and I'm sure Nintendo is aware of this. (Why not capitalize on the oodles of good press?)

I've yet to pick up any of the remakes, but I might get this one. I skipped this gen, way back when. So, it's a new experience for me. I'm just wondering if they'll remake it in the style of X and Y?

They always remake it using the engine and assets of the newest game (FireRed and LeafGreen used the Ruby and Sapphire engine, HeartGold and SoulSilver used the Diamond and Pearl engine), so it's a given these will use the X and Y engine, except highly optimized.

#36 Posted by Dragerdeifrit (244 posts) -

those covers looks like bad photoshops... made by a 15 years old, BUT goddamn, i cant wait for this!!!! i hope it features more than 1 continent like silver/gold

#37 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

Most people Knew it was coming but damn people talk about COD fans playing the same **** over and over again. Nintendo has the milking crown on lock and their fans are always ready with their milk jars.

#38 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Dragerdeifrit said:

those covers looks like bad photoshops... made by a 15 years old, BUT goddamn, i cant wait for this!!!! i hope it features more than 1 continent like silver/gold

If these are remakes, then they will be based on Ruby and Sapphire which only had one region.

#39 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11916 posts) -

Oh good, more milkage.

People complain when there's a new Assassin's Creed of Call of Duty game, but when there's a remake of an old Pokemon game?

#40 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
@PhazonBlazer said:

Oh good, more milkage.

People complain when there's a new Assassin's Creed of Call of Duty game, but when there's a remake of an old Pokemon game?

Dude, you know it's not milking when Nintendo does it, it's giving the fans what they want. They just happen to want to play the same **** every cycle.

#41 Edited by Aljosa23 (25119 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: Do you not understand the concept of nostalgia or...?

#42 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17924 posts) -

lmao where are the 3DS people complaining about remakes and ports now? oh wait, that's only reserved for Vita

#43 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

lmao where are the 3DS people complaining about remakes and ports now? oh wait, that's only reserved for Vita

The difference is very few 3DS games are remakes and ports- over half the Vita's library is remakes and ports.

(also that we aren't sure these are remakes yet, they might actually be sequels).

#44 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5634 posts) -

God, let it rest a bit already...

Also, they wasted two names (Omega and Alpha) that could have been used for a new gen.

#46 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

God, let it rest a bit already...

Also, they wasted two names (Omega and Alpha) that could have been used for a new gen.

Pokemon is annual bro. it's been annual since 2014. It also has a very steady rhythm every generation (new games->remakes->enhanced third game). I don't know why you were expecting anything different, really.

#47 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

The difference is very few 3DS games are remakes and ports- over half the Vita's library is remakes and ports.

(also that we aren't sure these are remakes yet, they might actually be sequels).

Yeah, no. Over half the Vita library is not ports / remakes. Please don't spread false information.

#48 Posted by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@PhazonBlazer: Do you not understand the concept of nostalgia or...?

Im getting some massive nostalgia effect from just looking at that Sapphire boxart! fucking Nintendo and their constant milkage and whats worse its hard resist these games :P

day 1 T_T

#49 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Yeah, no. Over half the Vita library is not ports / remakes. Please don't spread false information.

Yes it is, especially in the west. It's full of indie games on other systems.

Slightly curious, are you ever happy with anything Nintendo does with the 3DS?

#50 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5634 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Inferior ports at that.

@FlamesOfGrey said:
@PhazonBlazer said:

Oh good, more milkage.

Dude, you know it's not milking when Nintendo does it, it's giving the fans what they want. They just happen to want to play the same **** every cycle.

You think Nintendo gets a pass?! I could say the same thing about Sony (TLoU). Lawlz!