Playstation Plus - 12 free games

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

Here's the free games you get for anyone thats interested.

28360g.jpg

Virtua Fighter 5? June 5th
inFAMOUS 2? June 5th
Little Big Planet 2? June 5th
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One? June 5th
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine? June 5th
Just Cause 2? June 5th
Saints Row 2 ? June 5th
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light? June 5th
Hard Corp: Uprising? June 5th
Choplifter HD? June 5th
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone? June 5th
Sideway NY? June 5th

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/05/playstation-plus-e3-2012/

Sorry if already posted

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
I don't get it... if you can afford a superscription for a games console surely you have already bought all the games you want.
heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 heytheredarlin
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

I don't get it... if you can afford a superscription for a games console surely you have already bought all the games you want.Grey_Eyed_Elf

What?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
I don't get it... if you can afford a superscription for a games console surely you have already bought all the games you want.Grey_Eyed_Elf
Maybe some people haven't bought those games!? Just because you have a subscription doesn't mean you're going to buy everything that comes out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Is this the big PS Plus surprise they where talking about? I'm really not impressed. Most of those games are meh at best. Saints Row 2(which has no trophies) is already free for people that own Saints Row 3 and I don't think this is for european customers. US offer only.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Not bad i think i'll renew my PS+ sub soon

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

That's a good deal.

Let's see if anyone tries to spin it into a bad thing.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Hmm, too bad I have most of those games already, otherwise I'd be all over dat.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Will check out Ratchet & Clank All 4 One and Hard Crops Rising.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Signed up 2 days ago so I got last months content for free as well. Awesome deal. 17 bucks for 3 months and I get to play all of those games.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Grey_Eyed_Elf
[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]I don't get it... if you can afford a superscription for a games console surely you have already bought all the games you want.Animal-Mother
Maybe some people haven't bought those games!? Just because you have a subscription doesn't mean you're going to buy everything that comes out.

If you have the money for a optional subscription you have pretty much got all the games worth getting... so what I'm saying is if they have a game here its great games you already have and are old or games you never wanted. Its not a bad thing... I just don't see its the "ooh" part of it. Free games?... nope they are games that you can get for £5-10 in a store and your paying £40 a year for it. If you get more than 4 games in a year that you really wanted and didn't have then its a free and worth shouting about.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#12 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I already own some of those games, but for ones I don't have I'll be getting. And that is just for this month, wonder what they are going to do next?

I don't see how anyone could bash PS Plus, it's a great deal. Mabey some jealous Xbox fanboys, but other than that there is no reason a sensibele person would hate on it. It's a great deal.

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
I recommend Saint's Row 2 to anyone who hasn't played it yet.
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]I don't get it... if you can afford a superscription for a games console surely you have already bought all the games you want.Grey_Eyed_Elf

If you have the money for a optional subscription you have pretty much got all the games worth getting... so what I'm saying is if they have a game here its great games you already have and are old or games you never wanted. Its not a bad thing... I just don't see its the "ooh" part of it. Free games?... nope they are games that you can get for £5-10 in a store and your paying £40 a year for it. If you get more than 4 games in a year that you really wanted and didn't have then its a free and worth shouting about.

So 50 dollars a year is enough money to buy 48 games? You didnt think this through did you.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]I don't get it... if you can afford a superscription for a games console surely you have already bought all the games you want.Grey_Eyed_Elf

That makes no sense at all. Just because I have the money for a second car doesn't mean I have one or bought one.

YOu don't get it. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you own the games. I don't see the diffcult concept to understand.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Grey_Eyed_Elf

I already own some of those games, but for ones I don't have I'll be getting. And that is just for this month, wonder what they are going to do next?

I don't see how anyone could bash PS Plus, it's a great deal. Mabey some jealous Xbox fanboys, but other than that there is no reason a sensibele person would hate on it. It's a great deal.

ShadowMoses900
Or?... someone that has a PS3 and has those games that doesn't see why you would get PSN? :o shocking. Working in marketing and being a member of this forum and being a gamer makes me realise just how gullible you people are.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Played and already own the 4 games the interested me on that list already. Hope they switch out games frequently.
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

Pretty awesome, but I still will probably just cancel mine after this year. I really would just want SR2, and InFamous 2, others I either already have or don't have time for anyways. I could get both of those for cheaper than keeping my sub.

Still, quite an awesome deal for anyone, If I still used my PS3 like I used to, there's no doubt I would be keeping my PS Plus sub for this!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17427 Posts
Do you still lose your games if you cancel your subscription?
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grey_Eyed_Elf
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Maybe some people haven't bought those games!? Just because you have a subscription doesn't mean you're going to buy everything that comes out.

That makes no sense at all.

Right... and someone who doesn't have games like Just Cause 2 but had a optional subscription does to a console does.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Thats 12 games that would generally cost $50-60 each, PS+ is $50 for an entire year and is mainly paid only because of these cases where paying $50 over a year is far far far cheaper than paying $300 for all those games TC listed.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]I don't get it... if you can afford a superscription for a games console surely you have already bought all the games you want.Animal-Mother

This, I was wanting to play Infamous 2 and LBP2, but I never bought them, now I get them for FREE!
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 navyguy21

ShadowMoses900
To be fair, you hate a ton of xbox related things that seem silly and unreasonable. Im not sure we should be considering anything you say to be fair and unbiased......
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I have a subscription and have played probably 100 PS3 games (and I still own 50+ retail games).

Yet the only game on that list I already have is Just Cause 2 (unopened, and now I"m going to sell that sucker on ebay). Surely even extreme collectors of PS3 games will find a few good things in that awesome list of 12 games.

Makes me glad I waited on Infamous 2 or Little Big Planet 2, because those are games I easily could have bought already, but they just released at the wrong time for me (too much backlog of games).

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"] If you have the money for a optional subscription you have pretty much got all the games worth getting... so what I'm saying is if they have a game here its great games you already have and are old or games you never wanted. Its not a bad thing... I just don't see its the "ooh" part of it. Free games?... nope they are games that you can get for £5-10 in a store and your paying £40 a year for it. If you get more than 4 games in a year that you really wanted and didn't have then its a free and worth shouting about.Grey_Eyed_Elf

Right... and someone who doesn't have games like Just Cause 2 but had a optional subscription does to a console does.

So what you are saying is you can only subscribe to a $50/yr subscription after you have bought every single game ever.

Makes perfect sense.

And here I thought the point of PSN+ was to play lots of different games for cheap.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"] If you have the money for a optional subscription you have pretty much got all the games worth getting... so what I'm saying is if they have a game here its great games you already have and are old or games you never wanted. Its not a bad thing... I just don't see its the "ooh" part of it. Free games?... nope they are games that you can get for £5-10 in a store and your paying £40 a year for it. If you get more than 4 games in a year that you really wanted and didn't have then its a free and worth shouting about.

Ya that actually does. You do know about saving money and not spending money right? Just because I have money to spend doesn't mean I need everything that comes out :roll: I don't get how hard the concept is. IF you save money you spend it on things you want. What If I want PS+ but not all games that come out?
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Why? I don't see the logic behind paying $60 subscription fee and paying a few hundred for those games :-s
GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

I don't own any of them games...

SWEET!

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"] If you have the money for a optional subscription you have pretty much got all the games worth getting... so what I'm saying is if they have a game here its great games you already have and are old or games you never wanted. Its not a bad thing... I just don't see its the "ooh" part of it. Free games?... nope they are games that you can get for £5-10 in a store and your paying £40 a year for it. If you get more than 4 games in a year that you really wanted and didn't have then its a free and worth shouting about.Grey_Eyed_Elf

This cant be a real person.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

Too bad where I'm living now the internet connection is terrible. I'd renew my PS+ if I was still in the city. That would take me a month to download lol.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Might sign up just to play Infamous 2 again. (traded it in like 8-9 months ago)

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

all you ps+ users better get on dat LBP2, if you didn't own it previously!!! AND ADD ME!

fvckin' game is brilliant...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Animal-Mother

I don't own any of them games...

SWEET!

GamingGod999
I own one of them. This is pretty sweet. JC2 and Youtube upload= hours & hours of fun.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rjdofu

What'll happen to those games when the subscription expire? Can you keep them or not?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Grey_Eyed_Elf

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] That makes no sense at all.SRTtoZ

You know what... in all honesty horrible conferences get the worst of me. Simply put I hate superscription. I'm not going to add or saying anything more than what I have said on the matter since I have been drinking.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#36 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

ShadowMoses900
That's what paid service is meant to be though.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

That's pretty nice actually.

3 month subsription is like $17

Beats the schit out of Gamefly.

And you get deep discounts on other games.

It's actually a major money-saver if you use it wisely, basically a cheap rental service.

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"] Right... and someone who doesn't have games like Just Cause 2 but had a optional subscription does to a console does. Grey_Eyed_Elf

You know what... in all honesty horrible conferences get the worst of me. Simply put I hate superscription. I'm not going to add or saying anything more than what I have said on the matter since I have been drinking.

Cheers! :P

What have you been drinking? Just curious. :P

On Topic: Already Played through and Platinumed InFamous 2, but definitely love those games and would play around in it a bit again.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
This are not free games they're free rental games but still a pretty sweet deal.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="GamingGod999"]I don't own any of them games...SWEET!Animal-Mother
I own one of them. This is pretty sweet. JC2 and Youtube upload= hours & hours of fun.

same here, that one being LBP2, and tomb raider but that's for the 360. i'd be willing to go through that one again just for the trophies. great deal man...

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rjdofu
This are not free games they're free rental games but still a pretty sweet deal.kuraimen
So you can't keep them after all? :(
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Grey_Eyed_Elf

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

MrJack3690

Cheers! :P

What have you been drinking? Just curious. :P

On Topic: Already Played through and Platinumed InFamous 2, but definitely love those games and would play around in it a bit again.

I took monday and tuesday off a month ago for E3 and got some Stella ready... hadn't drunk anything in a while and forgot what 4 beers can do.

This whole E3 has pissed me off.

Either Sony and Microsoft are holding games back for next generation console or they just have nothing at all.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 2Chalupas

What'll happen to those games when the subscription expire? Can you keep them or not?

rjdofu

They are supposed to go away. Although I believe games that don't have a "expiration" date maybe there is a loophole where you can "keep" them, but not be able to redownload them. I don't know if this has been proven or not.

I really don't see why this "ownership" thing is a concern. I mean you are paying $50 for an entire year worth of games. Just for this one month, It would cost at least $200+ just to buy all 12 of these (maybe even more $$$). I don't know about you, but I don't really care about "ownership" when such little expense is involved. If I play and get my fill out of them, then I"m good. Great deal.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Sort of wondered when you'd blame alcohol :lol: They always do :lol:
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]This are not free games they're free rental games but still a pretty sweet deal.rjdofu

Is it really that hard to figure out? You keep the games as long as you are a member.

Otherwise you would get people signing up for 1 month for, or finding some "trial" subscription, and then keeping 12 games forever. That would make zero sense from Sony's perspective. What they want is to keep a subscriber base going long term. So they offer great deals and games. Subscribers win because they get lots of games to play. So long as Sony keeps offering great games to PSN+ members, then members will keep subscribing. It's a win-win.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 navyguy21
Can anyone answer the question for me before i get PSN+? Do you get to keep the games if you cancel?
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Grey_Eyed_Elf
[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Sort of wondered when you'd blame alcohol :lol: They always do :lol:

:P... I can see why it would be considered a cop out. I still feel the same way for PSN... I just cant phrase things right or argue without messing up.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Animal-Mother
Can anyone answer the question for me before i get PSN+? Do you get to keep the games if you cancel?navyguy21
I believe they're just inaccessible. You need to be a member to play them. I dunno. IM GUESSING
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]This are not free games they're free rental games but still a pretty sweet deal.rjdofu

Well you still can keep those you buy with discounts but not the ones you get for free.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"] Right... and someone who doesn't have games like Just Cause 2 but had a optional subscription does to a console does. Grey_Eyed_Elf

The ol' blame it on the drink trick eh...superscription