Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

The graphics are fine....it's everything else about the game that is awful.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I have no problem playing on smaller screens. I brought my PS4 to my residence hall in order to play bloodborne and I play on a 27 inch Asus monitor and have no problem doing so. The picture is crisp, clear and enjoyable. Nothing wrong with playing games at a desk as long as I have a comfortable chair, and I always make sure I have that.

And most of all I am glad I don't look at graphics like some others do. No matter how good current gen games look, I will always like the looks of other games from the past that I enjoyed. I don't watch classic films and piss and moan about the lack of HD filming or being in Black and white. I look at past games like Half Life, Deus Ex, whatever I enjoyed and can still see the game as I did when I first played it. It would be awful to me to be tethered to graphics quality to the point that I couldn't go and enjoy the entirety of older games just because the look of current ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#53 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

liar.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@nyadc said:

@blueinheaven said:

@nyadc said:

No one cares that you're in love with that little 1.84 Teraflop piece of junk...

WTF? Are you upset that your incredibly expensive PC still operates at 1080P on your TV? Or that if you want higher res you have to crouch over your PC monitor so basically your bragging rights are screwed up either way?

I've been a PC gamer for 20 years and I swear they are the most pig-headed, obnoxious downright insulting and abusive 'gamers' in existence and absolutely without cause for the best part.

I was just pointing out that Witcher 3 on PS4 as an option is not a bad one. I'm sorry if that has you foaming at the mouth for some obscure reason only you will know.

What kind of dumb shit is this... I could go buy a 4K TV at will if I felt the need but what kind of self respecting PC gamer would ever play on a TV to begin with? 20ms response time? Yeah, no fucking thanks, I'll stick with my 1ms 120hz monitor... You think it's uncomfortable playing at a desk? You think I don't like it? You think we don't prefer sitting in close proximity to our displays? Well you're wrong...

This thread is lacking a need to exist, it's stupidity incarnate and a PC bashing thread plain and simple, GTFO...

My gaming PC is hooked to my TV, and I play with keyboard and mouse on my recliner. It's actually very comfortable with the keyboard in my lap and mouse on the armrest. It works very well for me.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

Get rid of this awful troll thread. Horrible attempt, try and put some effort in next time.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@psx_warrior said:

@nyadc said:

What kind of dumb shit is this... I could go buy a 4K TV at will if I felt the need but what kind of self respecting PC gamer would ever play on a TV to begin with? 20ms response time? Yeah, no fucking thanks, I'll stick with my 1ms 120hz monitor... You think it's uncomfortable playing at a desk? You think I don't like it? You think we don't prefer sitting in close proximity to our displays? Well you're wrong...

This thread is lacking a need to exist, it's stupidity incarnate and a PC bashing thread plain and simple, GTFO...

My gaming PC is hooked to my TV, and I play with keyboard and mouse on my recliner. It's actually very comfortable with the keyboard in my lap and mouse on the armrest. It works very well for me.

Too bad, you don't qualify for the hermit snobs club.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@psx_warrior said:

@nyadc said:

Aint that some shit, I can't either. I game on my 37inch flatscreen that's hooked up near the wall with my cordless setup.

****, being a "hermit," is tough. Such serious business.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#58 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen. Witcher 2 still looks awesome. Yes, it doesn't have Dx11 specific features, 100,000 poly characters and all that but it still has great visuals and stunning art.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: I don't believe being a hermit requires you to be hunched over a key board staring at a monitor 2 feet away while playing an rts and utilizing every key on the board. We can still consider ourselves elitests without that if we prefer to do all our gaming on pc and consider it superior to consoles, which it is.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

Yeah? Well then blog it. I don't think opinions are matter for discussion.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

It's a great game but damn it hasn't aged well at all. At 1440p ultra settings it looks like a dogs dinner. Games I have played on PS4 (most notably DAI) look a zillion times better.

The PS4 really isn't as bad as some PC gamers (including me) probably thought. Let's face it if you're playing on a big TV you're stuck at 1080p for now anyway, well most people are. And I can't be bothered to play games like that on a small monitor anymore and yes 27 inch is too small even if the res is higher (1440p).

Ideal scenario for me is Witcher 3 on a huge 4K TV but that isn't going to happen for me anytime soon and as my PC isn't currently hooked up to either of our big HDTV's I think I'll go for Witcher 3 on PS4 which I think will be just fine. I am willing to give up FPS and various graphic features that nobody notices for a bigger screen and will work on getting that 4K TV later or just convincing She Who Must Be Obeyed that plugging my high end PC in to our main TV is actually a good idea (that will never happen).

You could always stream your PC to the TV.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@anthonyautumns said:

Isn't it way too late to criticize Witcher 2 as it was released last 2011 and a bit early to damage control Witcher 3?

BTW Witcher 2 Ultra no graphic mods on my 750TI

What kind of performance do you get on a 750TI? I played Witcher 2 : Enhanced Edition at 720p at a very uneven framerate. Most of the time I get passable performance (30-45FPS) and then once in a while I get unexpected slowdowns.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#63 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@fend_oblivion said:

@anthonyautumns said:

Isn't it way too late to criticize Witcher 2 as it was released last 2011 and a bit early to damage control Witcher 3?

BTW Witcher 2 Ultra no graphic mods on my 750TI

What kind of performance do you get on a 750TI? I played Witcher 2 : Enhanced Edition at 720p at a very uneven framerate. Most of the time I get passable performance (30-45FPS) and then once in a while I get unexpected slowdowns.

Turn off Uber Sampling.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#64 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Gotta disagree with you on how The Witcher 2 looks. I think it's a beautiful game. Especially the woodland area around Flotsam.

@blueinheaven said:

Ideal scenario for me is Witcher 3 on a huge 4K TV but that isn't going to happen for me anytime soon and as my PC isn't currently hooked up to either of our big HDTV's I think I'll go for Witcher 3 on PS4 which I think will be just fine.

I wanted to play Deus Ex, Skyrim, Mortal Kombat, and others on my television, so I ran a 25ft HDMI cable from my PC to the entertainment center. I bought a flat one, so it wouldn't be noticeable under the rug. It works great. If your PC is not that far from your TV, give it a try.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

dude are you giovela's alt?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

wtf man? seriously?

while PS4 games sure look nice, they look like dogs dinner compared to anything PC can throw in simply because you can apply that AA-sweetness in to the mix. it was the first and most apparent thing that popped into my eye when i fired up my PS4; the absence of AA. dem jaggiezzzzz. totally, utterly apparent at 1080p.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Time to get some new glasses TC

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Why wouldn't you compare DA:I on PC to DA:I on PS4?... nvm i already know why.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@RyviusARC said:

Must be trolling when you say it looks terrible.

The Order makes the Witcher 2 look like a Gameboy game.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Pray_to_me:

Your sig totally sums up The Order

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@Pray_to_me: How is that relevant?

it isnt, lets compare a shader model 3, 2011 era game to a 2015 shader model 5 game.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pray_to_me

@04dcarraher said:

@Motokid6 said:

it isnt, lets compare a shader model 3, 2011 era game to a 2015 shader model 5 game.

Yeah. Sorry but Xbone ports can't compete.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

pcmasteroverhypedmasterrace will obviously not agree with you no mather how hard their watercoolers with triple gpu fails TC!

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@04dcarraher said:

@Motokid6 said:

Yeah. Sorry but Xbone ports can't compete.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#76 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

@Pray_to_me: Different times of day and Infamous' open-world is only a tiny fraction of The Witcher 3's open-world. Very little has to be rendered at a time in Infamous SS compared to any Witcher game.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Witcher 2 looks bad? Damn sir, you must be playing some hardcore shit I am no aware off.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Pray_to_me

@faizanhd said:

@Pray_to_me: Different times of day and Infamous' open-world is only a tiny fraction of The Witcher 3's open-world. Very little has to be rendered at a time in Infamous SS compared to any Witcher game.

Lol

Sure buddy.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

pcmasteroverhypedmasterrace will obviously not agree with you no mather how hard their watercoolers with triple gpu fails TC!

That sentence was a mess from start to finish.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Well at the risk of being called a troll again (lol) I will step into the breach once more and try to clear up a few things.

Firstly, I shouldn't have said W2 looks terrible that was a bit of an exaggeration but I feel I should point out that when I first played this game on PC in 1440p ultra max settings I was completely blown away by it. I couldn't believe how good it looked. I got about halfway through it on PC and I will admit it didn't grab me as much as the first so I left it alone then later decided to take a look at it on 360 so I could play it upstairs on the big TV. That DID look fucking awful, so I ditched that as well.

With the imminent release of W3 I decided to load up my PC copy again and for some reason it just looked dated on highest settings. It didn't look BAD but it didn't wow me at all the way it did when I first played it.

I know it's a 2011 game but really, it looked to me like it just didn't age well. The screens posted here don't look any different to mine yet some people think it looks great I don't know what to say to them we're all different.

To me, games that came out around the same time have aged better. Even Far Cry 3 looks better on my PC, much better in fact.

To all those on this thread who have taken my comments as an attack on their PC which seems to be directly related to their masculinity and generally how their PC is appreciated in some way affects their mental health and well being I will say again I was simply stating that Witcher 2 IN MY OPINION has not aged well compared to other PC games.

Also a thank you to those suggesting how to play games on PC while hooked up to the TV but I am aware of the options problem is my PC is downstairs (I work on it) and the games TV is upstairs. The downstairs TV is bigger and better but is out of grounds for ALL games unless I want to sleep on the sofa.

I am actually thinking of buying a second PC to hook up to the TV upstairs just for games I am absolutely fine playing games in 1080p though I know that will make other PC gamers hate me again and call me a troll several times and whisper when they see me walking down the street. I can live with that.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

it looks wonderful.

in saying that some of the tech let it down. the game had a chronic pop in issue. at first i didnt notice but when i did i started to notice it everywhere. i wish CDPR added a screw it mode to the engine (like that crazy uber sampeling) where the engine would just not bother with LOD at all (and sure turn off zculling, and render each frame twice and run all the AI n stuff for every character in every part of the map regardless of where the player is because *beep* it...why not? :P).

i tried looking for tweaks n stuff which helped a bit but CDPR were just way to agressive on the LOD scaling.

that was the one thing that annoyed me, visually speaking, in an otherwise great looking game.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

It's such a shame that Infamous SS was so damn short and repetitive. Almost like they blew their load on the graphics and forgot to make it a fun game.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

The game looks fine to me even on X360. I had considered buying the original Witcher for PC cuz it isn't available for consoles but when I discovered it has no native controller support I decided against it.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

I think the graphics still look pretty good, its the animation that is sub par compared to games like Uncharted 2 or TLoU.

Regarding the screen, I must admit I havent plated a game on a PC monitor for a long time. So vintage.

Witcher 3 will be ok on both PC and PS4, the difference in graphics will hardly be noticable (just like its hard to spot the difference between Crysis 3 on high and ultra settings). I am more concerned about stability, Witcher 2 had some nasty issues on PC.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@BlbecekBobecek said:

I think the graphics still look pretty good, its the animation that is sub par compared to games like Uncharted 2 or TLoU.

Regarding the screen, I must admit I havent plated a game on a PC monitor for a long time. So vintage.

Witcher 3 will be ok on both PC and PS4, the difference in graphics will hardly be noticable (just like its hard to spot the difference between Crysis 3 on high and ultra settings). I am more concerned about stability, Witcher 2 had some nasty issues on PC.

GTA V is a last gen port yet even then there is a large gap between PC and PS4.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@lostrib said:

pics or gtfo

^

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@RyviusARC: They eventually released it on PC? I expected the iPhone port to come first.

Havent seen any comparison yet, but I believe it should look way better considering it took them like two years to port it.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Some herms think it looks better then any game on current console's which is hilarious and delusional. However it is hardly an ugly looking game.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AM-Gamer

@Phazevariance: It's rated AA and I thought it was alot of fun.

Ripsaw1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ripsaw1994
Member since 2013 • 196 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@nyadc said:

No one cares that you're in love with that little 1.84 Teraflop piece of junk...

WTF? Are you upset that your incredibly expensive PC still operates at 1080P on your TV? Or that if you want higher res you have to crouch over your PC monitor so basically your bragging rights are screwed up either way?

I've been a PC gamer for 20 years and I swear they are the most pig-headed, obnoxious downright insulting and abusive 'gamers' in existence and absolutely without cause for the best part.

I was just pointing out that Witcher 3 on PS4 as an option is not a bad one. I'm sorry if that has you foaming at the mouth for some obscure reason only you will know.

Someone's mad his ps4 was under powered years before it hit the market

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@psx_warrior said:

@nyadc said:

OH NOES it is the bane of pc gamers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

you tell them!!!

ps: still waiting for you to instill fear in the hearts of pc gamers (rofl)

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

No pics, no footage, no specs

Nice flamebait though, try a bit less hard next time

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

In your opinion.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Jankarcop

@AM-Gamer said:

Some herms think it looks better then any game on current console's which is hilarious and delusional. However it is hardly an ugly looking game.

Herms said it looked better than any console game when it came out, because it did.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

In your opinion.

Holy fucking shit what a revelation.

Stephen Hawking watch out.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Herms said it looked better than any console game when it came out, because it did.

Nope, some made the claim this gen.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jankarcop

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Jankarcop said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

In your opinion.

Holy fucking shit what a revelation.

You wrote it as a statement. Include "In my opinion" next time you make a wild claim that is completely off with scores.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

I disagree.. it looks GREAT!

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@nyadc: in a way it wud be more "cuasual" to basiclly need 1ms , im already terribly good at games. 1ms prolly wud make me even more of beast. while playin on consoles Time w.e you was gonna do 19ms earlier big whoop Lol. Its shuddnt even cross a "hardcore" gamers mind.