Platforms you owned and the games that made you buy them.

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

First PC: A Macintosh Plus with Word Munchers

Second PC: First game I got for it was Sonic and Knuckles Collection

Third PC: It came with The Sims.

Fourth PC: The Orange Box and Steam.

PS1: A gift that came with Final Fantasy IX, Ape Escape, and WWF Smackdown.

GC: Got the Mario Kart Double Dash bundle

GBA: came with some Megaman game and later traded it in for a used GB Player for the GC.

PS2: Got it for free and then bought Persona 3 FES.

Wii: Loved Wii Sports plus I also bought it a month before MP3: Corruption whihc I wanted.

DS: Randomly bought a DS Lite and the first DS game I bought was Tetris DS.

PS3: Bought the GTAV Bundle.

3DS: Mainly bought it for Fire Emblem Awakening.

PSP: Got it for free and it came with an Ape Escape remake and some boxing game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

NES- i didnt even know what games it had....the box looked cool and i wanted something new..

SNES- after my terrific experience with the NES. i bought it at launch.

N64- was probably going to get it anyway but mario 64...omg...it totally sealed the deal.

wii- for smash bros

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Heirren said:

Mario 64 was like a Jesus rising from the grave moment for the videogame industry. Children literally went to toys r us to pray for this game.

No kiddin man, the hype was real! I was a freshman in high school at the time and everybody was talking about it, always asking each other "how many stars you got, how many stars you got" lol. It was the first time I saw non-gamers get excited about a video game.

I just wasn't buying it though. Coming off the heals of Super Mario World and Yoshis Island, I felt SM64 was a HUGE let down. 3d platforming just didn't sit too well with me at first, it felt sloppy compared to its predecessors. I felt like my hobby was going down the crapper fast and I thought 3d gaming was shit in general until Ocarina of Time finally convinced me otherwise.

I still feel like super mario sunshine was better than mario 64.

Awesome platforming, colorful locales and the fludd mechanic worked well. I'd love a sequel.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

NES - SMB was easily the main appeal to my 7 my year old mind. Zelda was too. As usual the sequels did not disappoint, especially SMB3 and the much maligned Zelda 2.

SNES - SMB and Zelda again.

PS1 - FFVII - I'm kind of hateful on all the weeaboo love that this title undeservedly gets, but at the time the game blew me away.

N64 - SMB and Zelda (noticing a pattern here?).

PS2 - I remember I bought it just in time to play GoW1. Still a great game.

PS3 - I bought specifically to play Fallout 3. At the time I was in awe of the graphics.

PS4 - I will be buying as soon as Sony announces their new holidays SKU. Diablo 3: UE is calling my name.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

NES: Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

SNES: Super Metroid

N64: TLoZ OoT

PSone: Twisted Metal

GBC: TLoZ OoA & OoS

GBA: Fire Emblem 7

PS Vita: Persona 4 Golden

Xbox: KOTOR

Sega Dreamcast: Shenmue

Xbox 360: Tales of Vesperia

PS2: Dragon Quest VIII Journey of the Cursed King

PS3: Valkyria Chronicles

PS4: Destiny

Gamecube: Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy

Wii U: Super Mario 3D World

DS: Animal Crossing Wild World

3DS: Fire Emblem Awakening

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i'm really bored this morning so im going to go all out.lol

FAMICOM / NES - 1988 ( i wasnt born in America so i knew it as the famicom. Eventually went to America 1990)

Why - my cousin bought it and i was utterly fascinated by it.

Game i wanted - battle city

First game - i'm not too sure if it was one or a couple. Super mario, galaga, battle city, legend of kage and excite bike. Awesome games

Sega Genesis - 1991 & i replaced it 2011

Why - it was a xmas present from "SANTA CLAUSE" i got it i think right before snes came out.

Game i wanted - first sonic game (lol though i never actually got a sonic game)

First game - Sports talk baseball . thoroughly enjoyed this game. It was the only one i had for like a year

Playstation - 1996

Why i bought it - i got kicked out of jr high. and i had nothing to do. My house got robbed and so i didnt have a genesis anymore. Mom bought it for me thinking it would keep me away from trouble. That didnt turn out too well. really wasnt into gaming during High school

Game i wanted - wipeout (never ended up getting it)

First game - street fighter alpha. It was pretty good. I really wanted wipeout but i can't complain.

Playstation 2 - 2002

Why i bought it - I was really depressed. Parents bought it for me for my birthday

Game i wanted - tekken 4

First game- it was a couple. Tekken 4, NBA Live 03 , Final fantasy X. these were awesome games. Started me on my path as a gamer really...well this and counter strike & thps1 but i started collecting after this.

GameCube - 2003

Why - my sisters console...she ended up giving it to me when after highschool lol

Game i wanted - i dont remember...i think it was Legend of Zelda : Windwaker

First game - thps3 and starfox adventure . those games didnt last long in the collection lol

XBOX -2004

Why - STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

Game i wanted - STAR WARS KNIGHT OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

First game - STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC (lol ) and Toca Driver 2. really great system. i think this is the best xbox console ever

Playstation 3 - 2008

Why - i wanted the new consoles at the time since all of these crazy awesome looking games were coming out. I was going to get 360 but rrod changed my mind

Game i wanted - Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare

First game - Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare and NBA 2k8

Xbox 360 - 2012

Why - Mass Effect

First game - Gears of War 1 ( couldnt find the mass effect platinum hit for some reason but i ended up getting it 2 weeks later). Gears was really underwhelming. I expected more from a goty winner

Super Nintendo - 2013

Why - i never had one. When i was younger, i had a friend in the neighborhood that had the snes and i would just go over to his house. I finally decided to get one for myself

Game i wanted - Killer instinct

First game - Super mario RPG. awesome game.

Playstation 4 - launch 2013

Why- after i got a behind scenes look at comiccon, i wanted to watchdogs (lol i still havent really played it)

Game i wanted - Watchdogs / inFamous Second son

First game - since watchdogs was delayed i ended up picking up Call of duty Ghosts (ugh...such regrets) and Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (restored my faith that the franchise can still be good)

Xbox 1 - march 2014

Why - Titanfall plus honestly i dont want to miss out on any good games. Luckily my family is the best and they got it for me as a present

Game i wanted - Titanfall

First game- i got the titanfall bundle xbox 1 for a birthday present. underwhelmed by the first hour. I mean its a good game, but i knew after 1 hour of playing it, i wasnt going to get addicted

Nintendo DS - 2014

Why - i wanted to play a pokemon game so my ex gf gave me her old broken one

Game i wanted - a pokemon game...any pokemon game

First game - Pokemon pearl. i havent gotten around to it yet. I am playing way 2 many games right now lol

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Heirren said:

Mario 64 was like a Jesus rising from the grave moment for the videogame industry. Children literally went to toys r us to pray for this game.

No kiddin man, the hype was real! I was a freshman in high school at the time and everybody was talking about it, always asking each other "how many stars you got, how many stars you got" lol. It was the first time I saw non-gamers get excited about a video game.

I just wasn't buying it though. Coming off the heals of Super Mario World and Yoshis Island, I felt SM64 was a HUGE let down. 3d platforming just didn't sit too well with me at first, it felt sloppy compared to its predecessors. I felt like my hobby was going down the crapper fast and I thought 3d gaming was shit in general until Ocarina of Time finally convinced me otherwise.

I still feel like super mario sunshine was better than mario 64.

Awesome platforming, colorful locales and the fludd mechanic worked well. I'd love a sequel.

I played Mario Sunshine when it first came out. At first the setting kind of threw me off. It didn't measure up to that of Mario 64, imo. With that said started Sunshine again, didn't finish, in 2009. I just started it again about a month ago. It is most certainly one of the most underrated and under appreciated games not just of that gen, but of all time and as a Mario game. I think a lot of people had the same issue I did upon release. Everyone wanted the Mushroom Kingdom. But when you separate that, it does a lot of things better than 64. It is a brilliant game. While I still prefer Mario64 for its atmosphere, Sunshine--along with 64--even best Galaxy in a lot of ways. The control offered a little more finesse because of the dive move.

...It is really hard to erase the profound effect Mario 64 had on everybody because it was a first of its kind. Same can be said about Ocarina.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Gameboy Color: Pokemon

GBA: Pokemon

DS: Pokemon

3DS: Pokemon

Wii: Smash

360: Fable

Ps3: Ratchet and Clank

Wii U: Smash

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

SNES - Family got it for Mario and Zelda.

N64 - Ditto, we wanted 3D Mario and Zelda! Goldeneye was also a major draw for my older brother.

PS2 - GTA3

Wii - As a Gamecube, to get last gen of Nintendo's first party (Prime 1 and 2, Windwaker, etc) and to play Wii Sports and new Zelda.

Xbox 360 - Bioshock, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Dead Rising, Just Cause, The Orange Box, and the knowledge GTAIV was on the way. Oddly enough I didn't care about Halo, Gears, Forza or Fable (although I've since played and enjoyed all of them) It was all about the multiplats, mainly RPGs and sandbox games. And we all know PS3 was horrible for those early on. Makes me lol when SW people claim multiplats "don't count" :P

PS3 - Naughty Dog games.

WiiU - No real reason. Got it because it was a great, cheap deal and I know I'll need one for Zelda eventually. So far nothing really stands out as an epic or amazing system seller, but the collected "good, expected games" make me happy enough with it. More Mario, Kart, Smash etc is welcome, if a little stale at this point.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Hmm...

• Sega Megadrive(Genesis) = Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Playstation = Rayman
  • GameCube = Metroid Prime
  • Playstation 2 = GTA San Andreas
  • X360 = Project Gotham Racing 3
  • PS3 = Uncharted 2
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@ConanTheStoner:

AMIGA 1200: Alien Breed

PC: Doom 2

Playstation: Tekken 2

PC: Half Life

Xbox: Halo/Fable

PS2: Final Fantasy X

PC: Half Life 2

Xbox 360: Bioshock

PS3: Uncharted 2/Demons Souls

PC: The Witcher 2

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#62  Edited By REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

What I can remember ...

N64: Super Mario 64

Gameboy: Pokemon

Dreamcast: Ready2Rumble

GameCube: Super Smash Bros. Melee (and to an extent, that Zelda tech demo)

PS2: Final Fantasy X

GBA: Nothing in particular, other than brand loyalty (though I bought a lot of Dragon Ball games for it and JRPGs -- I guess those are why I had it)

DS: Metroid Prime: Hunters / Animal Crossing / Mario Kart

360: The hope of another good Banjo game (which never came)

Wii: Twilight Princess

3DS: Brand loyalty (it's really followed a similar course for me as the GBA -- I like it, but it hasn't wowed me like its predecessor)

Wii U: ... Still trying to figure out why I bought this glorified Netflix machine