deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

That- I mean, I like Spencer, and I am sure there are a lot of Xbox fans who love their Xbox One systems, but I don't think even the most ardent Xbox One fan will say that this is 'the best Xbox gen yet.' Spencer is just wrong in this case.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Straight from gaf. Anyway, the captain can't panic or the crew will lose morale.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

He kinda has to say that doesn't he? Anyway the Xbox 360 was the best. One of the best consoles ever made. The Xbox One is great, I love it. But it's not as good as the 360.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

??? Wow. I guess he has to try and keep his job. He can't exactly say they are going through rough times can he.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Whatever smearer in chief. In context, unless you're privy to the Xbox ecosystem numbers for MS/Xbox this gen, you don't have a huff to stand on. :P

"On the subject of the health of the Xbox One ecosystem, Spencer said, "Xbox is having a good [generation]," adding that it's been the best yet. He added that the Xbox One S has been "strong" since it came out in August 2016. "Can always improve but proud of where we are," he said."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-boss-praises-horizon-zero-dawn-says-xbox-one-/1100-6448052/

Would have been helpful had you actualy use GS own news feed. Also, Phil showing class as always whilst what we get here is the antithesis of class. lol

KudoTsunodaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KudoTsunodaFan
Member since 2015 • 65 Posts

It's great to see Phil Spencer calling out bias press like Jason Schreier from Kotaku. They think they can just make comments like that and get away with it.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

Well this is why xbox fans see bias, This guy is editor for Kotaku gaming website..

Watch him go fan boy crazy because Sony releases an AAA game after 8 months and says what is point of xbox? Really should 26+ million gamers just fall in love with Playstation because he says it?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@loe12k: where does he mention there is no point to x1? He said they should try to be the pc of the living room.

KudoTsunodaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KudoTsunodaFan

@loe12k said:

Well this is why xbox fans see bias, This guy is editor for Kotatu gaming website..

Watch him go fan boy crazy because Sony releases an AAA game after 8 months and says what is point of xbox? Really should 26+ million gamers just fall in love with Playstation because he says it?

It's funny seeing the bias press going crazy about this Horizon: Primal game. The PS4 gets another AAA exclusive after like 9 months and all of a sudden Xbox can't compete.

Since then we've had Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2 all as great exclusives that the bias press just ignores. Sony releases just 1 big game a year and the media has to go crazy about it all year so PS4 stays relevant. Same process with Uncharted 4 last year.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

The guy must be high, lol.
Still, weird fanboyish tweets from that Kotaku editor. Then again, it's a weird website to begin with.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By loe12k

@Chutebox said:

@loe12k: where does he mention there is no point to x1? He said they should try to be the pc of the living room.

Read hes comments on Twitter he says even worst things on there. He said there is no point having a xbox one as its games are on PC and PS4+ PC combination is better.

Hes literally spouting the same nonsense from Playstation fanboys.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kudotsunodafan said:

It's great to see Phil Spencer calling out bias press like Jason Schreier from Kotaku. They think they can just make comments like that and get away with it.

As much as i like laughing at lemms,i think you are right he should be a little more professional.

I know he is right about hist arguments is not even close any more,but he should not go there because he is a so call journalist and he should not take sides.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

in Phil's defense Jason Schreier is an insufferable asshole.

Overall I think MS has had a more steady stream of games I want to play.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox

@loe12k: Oh , there is more than just what was posted? I'll take your word for it, not going on twitter

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 loe12k

@Chutebox said:

@loe12k: Oh , there is more than just what was posted? I'll take your word for it, not going on twitter

Yes there is more on twitter.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/833778286786441217

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 loe12k

@tormentos said:
@kudotsunodafan said:

As much as i like laughing at lemms,i think you are right he should be a little more professional.

I know he is right about hist arguments is not even close any more,but he should not go there because he is a so call journalist and he should not take sides.

They do take sides and now you see it for certain we xbox fans are not crazy..

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kudotsunodafan said:

Holy shit I agree with Tormentos on a topic. You are 100% correct on journalist not taking sides and being unbiased. Unfortunately it is the norm in journalism now it seems.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Personal opinion from one guy. I wouldn't even comment on it if I was Phil. MC already proved that Xbox One is actually doing really well when it comes to games

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By loe12k

@primorandomguy said:

He kinda has to say that doesn't he? Anyway the Xbox 360 was the best. One of the best consoles ever made. The Xbox One is great, I love it. But it's not as good as the 360.

The only disappointment i have with my xbox one is the power differences. Xbox UI is better, the online network is better, games released by MS have single player and multiplayer. Sony relies on just Single player experiences, but after your done whats next? Xbox one just blends the social experience better then the PS4 ever will.

KudoTsunodaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KudoTsunodaFan

Why are neogaf and Gamespot making a big deal out of what Phil said rather than what Jason Schreier said? Completely unprofessional behavior and he deserved to be called out by Phil.

The reason I made my "What does Sony have for the Holidays?" thread yesterday is because it's so obvious what Sony's strategy is. They're going to rely on the media to make a big deal out of Horizon this year like they did with Uncharted last year. Meanwhile they'll show off games far from release at E3 and delay other games. Once again they'll rely on 3rd party marketing deals and media hype rather than quality games like Microsoft.

Hopefully Scorpio blows this plan out of the water. Harder to take those marketing deals seriously now that Xbox will have the most powerful console ever.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@kudotsunodafan said:

The PS4 gets another AAA exclusive after like 9 months

3 weeks actually but I understand that it's hard for fakeboys to keep up with facts.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chutebox

@kudotsunodafan: although I soda free with what you said, "journalists" always got each other backs. We see it everyday

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@kudotsunodafan said:

Why are neogaf and Gamespot making a big deal out of what Phil said rather than what Jason Schreier said?

because neogaf is filled with the worst gamers. thats why scum like champ and charizard hang out there so much

KudoTsunodaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KudoTsunodaFan

Now this fanboy is trying to play victim for being called out. He's blocking Xbox fans on twitter and calling them the worst fanboys.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/834045168546361345

The storm known as Scorpio is coming Jason.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Lemmings are now claiming the media is biased against the FlopBox instead of demanding better games from Phil.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos

@kudotsunodafan said:

It's funny seeing the bias press going crazy about this Horizon: Primal game. The PS4 gets another AAA exclusive after like 9 months and all of a sudden Xbox can't compete.

Since then we've had Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2 all as great exclusives that the bias press just ignores. Sony releases just 1 big game a year and the media has to go crazy about it all year so PS4 stays relevant. Same process with Uncharted 4 last year.

Now this kind of stupid hypocrite post is what i don't like either.

So let me get this right you claim that for 9 months the PS4 has not get a AAA game until now,but then you bring as AAA games Forza Horizon 3 (not even exclusive) Gears of war 4 (not even exclusive) and Halo wars 2 (again not even exclusive) as some kind of winning trio?

FH3 is on PC is not even exclusive not quite like Uncharted which is only on PS4 and not as high rated as Uncharted 4 either,not to mention that is the xbox one first 90 game in 3 years,but then again if we look at True exclusives like Halo 5 the xbox one still without a 90+ exclusive.

Then Gears 4 and Halo wars 2,non of the 2 games are 90+ Gears of war 4 has 84% and Halo wars 2 has 80%,so let me bring some of the games you miss on PS4 that score over 80 after Uncharted 4 release.

The last Guardian 82%

Dragon Quest Builders 83%

Thumper 84%

Blazeblue 84%

Shantae 81%

Gravity Rush 2 - 81%

Yakuza 0 - 84%

Ni Oh - 87%

So you see just because you want to play blind to PS4 games doesn't mean the rest of the world will or does.

The funny thing is we just got Ni Oh and you claim that the PS4 doesn't get a AAA game since 9 months ago..hahahhaa Is like dishonesty run wild in lemming land,probably is like rabies that affect all rodents..lol

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I dont understand what the top 3 tweets have anything to do with his response, he is not responding to that handle.

Anyways, like he said there is always room for improvement, in some cases they're doing very well, games like Forza Horizon 3 are the top sellers in their franchise history and offer the most features compared to previous iterations, the online experience is better than what I used to play on the 360.

On other fronts, such as the solo player action adventure games, where Sony has the upper hand for now in terms of its exclusives, they need to improve. That's what I like about a competitive environment.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos

@loe12k said:

They do take sides and now you see it for certain we xbox fans are not crazy..

Yes but that happen to the PS as well is not something exclusive of the xbox,but it should be exposed no matter what side he takes.

@kudotsunodafan said:

Now this fanboy is trying to play victim for being called out. He's blocking Xbox fans on twitter and calling them the worst fanboys.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/834045168546361345

The storm known as Scorpio is coming Jason.

Hahahahahaa lemming are jumping on him...hahahahaa

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@charizard1605:

Opinions without actual results.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-20-best-selling-ps4-games-on-psn-for-january-2/1100-6447627/

Multi-platform games dominates PSN.

Game console dominates the U.S. market.

Game console dominates on multi-platform EA games.

Game console dominates on multi-platform Ubisoft games. Notice multi-platform game sales for XBO beating the PC platform.

Game console dominates on multi-platform Activision games.

Most PCs are powered by Intel graphics.

UK = console gaming is higher than PC gaming.

Germany = console gaming is higher than PC gaming.

USA = console gaming is higher than PC gaming.

China = PC gaming is higher than console gaming. This is an artificial construct by the Chinese government to support Chinese gaming software companies such as Net Ease and Tencent. Until recently, Chinese government has restricted non-Chinese game consoles. Chinese market almost single handily boost PC gaming which is not applicable for USA and EU markets.

Handing over XBO's market share to Sony is unwise.

For western game developers, XBO is the alternative to Sony's game consoles for very strong DRM.

https://games.slashdot.org/story/16/12/07/1348255/sony-has-sold-50-million-playstation-4-units

According to an estimate Nvidia provided in August, Microsoft's Xbox One has an install base of 29 million

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

HOLY CHARTZ

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chutebox

^What fucking algorithm does that program use ?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

He's as delusional as some of the fakeboys here.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Eh? Not sure what anyone would expect when trolling the head of XBox on Twitter. No, clearly, the first half of the 360 gen was Xbox's best years but you won't expect the guy to say "Yeah, everything sucks."

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By loe12k

@ronvalencia said:

@charizard1605:

Opinions without actual results.

Game console dominates the U.S. market.

Game console dominates on multi-platform EA games.

Game console dominates on multi-platform Ubisoft games. Notice multi-platform game sales for XBO beating the PC platform.

Game console dominates on multi-platform Activision games.

Most PCs are powered by Intel graphics.

UK = console gaming is higher than PC gaming.

Germany = console gaming is higher than PC gaming.

USA = console gaming is higher than PC gaming.

China = PC gaming is higher than console gaming. This is an artificial construct by the Chinese government to support Chinese gaming software companies such as Net Ease and Tencent. Until recently, Chinese government has restricted non-Chinese game consoles.

Handing over XBO's market share to Sony is unwise.

For western game developers, XBO is the alternative to Sony's game consoles for very strong DRM.

Interesting charts. Sony gaming revenues are only slightly ahead of MS in 2016. In 2015 Sony was behind them. MS is earning lot of money. Sony slight lead kind of shows the power of xbox.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Is Scorpio going to magically sell 30 mil more consoles? Not sure why MS fanboys are saying "wait until Scorpio comes out".

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#36 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Wow, channeling your inner Trump aren't you Spencer?

Did you not live through the 360 era?

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

I don't expect him to badmouth his own system, but that also doesn't mean he should fall in the opposite spectrum. To call this generation the best yet for the Xbox is an utter fallacy.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@ronvalencia: Holy mother of god, please stop posting the same charts OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! I must of seen those same charts on at least 10+ other threads! At least it feels that way!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#39 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

This is the best Xbox gen yet.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

The 360 was xboxs best generation, its not even close. Hell the Xbox original was a lot better than the Xbox one imo

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ronvalencia

@Xabiss said:

@ronvalencia: Holy mother of god, please stop posting the same charts OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! I must of seen those same charts on at least 10+ other threads! At least it feels that way!

Jason Schreier is repeating the same BS, hence I have reply templates for these topics.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

@kudotsunodafan said:
@loe12k said:

Well this is why xbox fans see bias, This guy is editor for Kotatu gaming website..

So only manstream AAA games count and not AAA games in general?

@kudotsunodafan said:

Why are neogaf and Gamespot making a big deal out of what Phil said rather than what Jason Schreier said? Completely unprofessional behavior and he deserved to be called out by Phil.

The reason I made my "What does Sony have for the Holidays?" thread yesterday is because it's so obvious what Sony's strategy is. They're going to rely on the media to make a big deal out of Horizon this year like they did with Uncharted last year. Meanwhile they'll show off games far from release at E3 and delay other games. Once again they'll rely on 3rd party marketing deals and media hype rather than quality games like Microsoft.

Hopefully Scorpio blows this plan out of the water. Harder to take those marketing deals seriously now that Xbox will have the most powerful console ever.

Sony can easily compete with Microst this holiday. They have GT Sport, Uncharted 4 Lost Legacy, Ni No Kuni 2, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Triliogy, Nex Machina, Knack 2, Hellblade and many other titles. You are delusional.

The X1 line up is horrible for this year. You can't even point out a true heavy hitter without questioning it first. LOL

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@kvally said:

After the supah rocky start and left with the bad ideas and not so smart design of X1 from the word go, yes indeed X1....

Going forward later this year ... Mighty Scorpio will prove to be a complete and "Udder" smack-down. lol :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kvally

@Blazed said:

So only manstream AAA games count and not AAA games in general?

Sony can easily compete with Microst this holiday. They have GT Sport, Uncharted 4 Lost Legacy, Ni No Kuni 2, Crash Bandicoot insane Triliogy, Nex Machina, Knack 2, Hellblade and many other titles. You are delusional.

The X1 line up is horrible for this year. You can't even point out a true heavy hitter without questioning it first. LOL

Microsoft can easily compete with Sony this holiday. They have Forza Motorsport 7, Crackdown 3, Phantom Dust, Cuphead, Sea of Thieves, Below, Gigantic, Ashen, Tacoma, State of Decay, Cities Skylines, Rise and Shine and many other titles. You are delusional.

The PS line up is horrible for this year. You can't even point out a true heavy hitter without questioning it first. ROFL

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

So do the people on this forum even play games?

I mean in last 6 months gamers got: Forza Horizon 3, Recore, Battlefield 1, CODIW, Gears4, Titanfall 2, Dishonored, Resident Evil 7, so like really what the f*ck. I can play all those games well into the release of Scorpio, there is no dry spell, there no boredom or having nothing to play. A new game doesn't and should have to come out every single month.

The only game I'm purchasing between right now and the Scorpio release will be injustice(ok and def Friday the 13th of it drops).

All you single player campaign only gamers that nerd out and play/finish a game in a day or 2. That is not what gaming is about now. It's about going online, socializing, making a game last.

There is a reason why games like WOW, and Counter Strike have been around for ever and last. Solid games and great communities. It's sad consoles will never have that one game that last an entire gen with a solid community and constant updates. Console gamers are to ADD and want the next best prettiest and shiniest thing.

I've always enjoyed the way MS releases games more in the holiday season. Then I can enjoy those games and look forward to the next holiday season and maybe pick up a game or 2 throughout the year if I want.

The self proclaimed "hardcore" gamers are such a cancer to the industry. ?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Xbox was in a better place under Don Mattrick. Sad!

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I think we can all agree that MS has seen better with the console days. BUT we can all agree that MS has some big guns incoming when the Scorpio comes out.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ronvalencia

@loe12k said:

Interesting charts. Sony gaming revenues are only slightly ahead of MS in 2016. In 2015 Sony was behind them. MS is earning lot of money. Sony slight lead kind of shows the power of xbox.

Xbox has good attachment rates relative to it's install base.

Xbox needs a stronger hardware box so that multi-platform game buyers gravitates towards Scorpio.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kvally

@SecretPolice said:
@kvally said:

After the supah rocky start and left with the bad ideas and not so smart design of X1 from the word go, yes indeed X1....

Going forward later this year ... Mighty Scorpio will prove to be a complete and "Udder" smack-down. lol :P

I would hit that. (looks up google for naked pics of Virginia)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#50 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ronvalencia: Stop copy pasting your off topic posts ad nauseam or you will be moderated. You have been warned.