Pedal to the Metal 2.19 FREEDOMFREAK!

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

freedom makes a good point about the rules here. they are too relaxed and arbitrary. often i see the same people losing arguments, reminds me of this quote:

"When you have the law on your side, you argue the law. When you have the truth on your side, you argue the truth. Otherwise - you bang the table!"

and i see a lot of table bangers here in system wars.

i think we should be able to say shit, i'm apathetic about '****', i don't have a problem with it myself but other people might not want to read that.

i don't think people should be able to call each other names to incite butthurt.

'you're an idiot' (1)

versus

'that idea is silly because ...' (2)

in the case of 1, what kind of response can they get? probably an insult back, because that first insult furthered the discussion about zero metres. in the case of 2, it's possible that the response either convinces the other person their position is well thought out, or maybe simply clarifies it, and people leave it at that, or maybe elicits another response, when in turn convinces that original respondee - basically it keeps the discussion going as a discussion as opposed to turning it into a pissing contest regarding who can produce the most creative insult - i suggest personal attacks fall outside the scope of the system war.

obviously, this is just a post from CKA. but i just wanted to mention i know gamespot is not a democracy, but judging from the reaction on the podcast it seems more involved posters want tougher rules.

i wonder why? maybe it's because the more involved posters never wanted to insult anyone anyway - i feel like "we" don't need to be told the rules. "we" want the rules to be there to keep out people who don't want to discuss the system war eg: people who just want to cause attempt to butthurt through a keyboard and computer screen. seriously, if you are one of these people - buy a guitar and post a bit less. (but seriously, don't get a cheap copy of a fender strat. the pickup buzz under distortion will drive you batty. )

if i can help to affect any change, i will. yours sincerely, CrownKingArthur.

It used to be like that until they loosened the belt a bit.

Then in the recent site revision it's like I said, it's not that anybody doesn't care it just seems that they care less.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#52 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@TheEroica: I wasn't drinking.... I was playing battlefield 4.....Well that might be considered drinking to some.

It didn't sound like you were playing anything though :3

I put it on mute :D

i meant the way you were commenting :P, i couldn't tell you were playing a game. Because mostly i would just concentrate on the game a lot

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Animal-Mother

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@TheEroica: I wasn't drinking.... I was playing battlefield 4.....Well that might be considered drinking to some.

i meant the way you were commenting :P, i couldn't tell you were playing a game. Because mostly i would just concentrate on the game a lot

Gotta multitask, also I don't get that frustrated. Unlike some people I sit back enjoy games for what they're worth and just kinda let it melt my mind.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 The_Last_Ride

@Animal-Mother said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Gotta multitask, also I don't get that frustrated. Unlike some people I sit back enjoy games for what they're worth and just kinda let it melt my mind.

That mostly applies to me aswell, i just usually concentrate too much or if it's something that i get frustrated with i tend to curse :P

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@TheEroica said:

@CrownKingArthur: great post man... I agree.. The rules should not be in place as to punish those who use system was to discuss but rather those who abuse it...

Speaking of pesty guitar behavior... Ever try and keep the b string on a less Paul in tune? Are... Do you play?

haha, the b string ... i find it goes out of tune quite easily, probably because i always bend it so much. i've never owned a les paul, but i guess aftermarket tuners might help? yeah i play a bit, but i am hardly as good as Slash.

and thanks for your feedback =D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@TheEroica: What consoles do you have currently?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: all last Gen, a ps4 and a 3ds. I have a gaming laptop too.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

One of the biggest lem supporters didn't buy the Xbone! He knew where the quality and world class gaming is at, the PS4 :D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@TheEroica said:

@The_Last_Ride: all last Gen, a ps4 and a 3ds. I have a gaming laptop too.

Alright, i got 360, PS3, PS4, Vita, 3DS, PC and a laptop. Planning on getting the Wii U soon aswell

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Animal-Mother

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

One of the biggest lem supporters didn't buy the Xbone! He knew where the quality and world class gaming is at, the PS4 :D

And one of the biggest cow supporters bought a XBone, Irony? I think yes! Hah :D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 The_Last_Ride

@Animal-Mother said:

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

And one of the biggest cow supporters bought a XBone, Irony? I think yes! Hah :D

And yet no one bought a Wii U :3?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Animal-Mother

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I have one.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Yo this mystical imaginary system wars where you all posted on where the TLOU wasn't shit must have been awesome.

I remember getting moderated for perceived slights and insults, to the point I started handcuffing my posts. And I still got "moderators discretion" mods for pussy shit. The problem isn't the TLOU, it's the people. The old guard doesn't allow enough general discussion to happen(That's not SW material, which is stupid), or the posters in general have never gotten over graphics threads. And the ones that want to talk about stuff don't actually make enough threads to spark discussion in the fist place.

The place didn't get worse. It got dead after the update, but fundamentally it's the same board it's always been. The difference is age. You people got older and less tolerant of System Wars. But don't kid yourself, it didn't get dumber. It's always been this stupid.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Heil68

Tonight's podcast is the 3rd part of our State of the Union Series, featuring Ms and the Xbox One. We got some Ms supporters lined up, but if you want to be on the show, hit us up.

Should we do a PC state of the union? Let us know, I think it could be a great cast and we could get back @BPoole96 on, who helped us with our first show.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I love the fact that you guys are keeping this going. Good Work.

Congrats on your mod status Eroica.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Did I miss something last night? @Blabadon sent me a steam PM but I didn't read it till this morning.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Animal-Mother said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I have one.

nice! I am really want it when i have the time and money, but that might take some time :(

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Animal-Mother

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I have one.

nice! I am really want it when i have the time and money, but that might take some time :(

It's a solid system. Definitely a good time to buy it. Shame ninty fucked up with 3Rd Party though.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 The_Last_Ride

@Animal-Mother said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I have one.

It's a solid system. Definitely a good time to buy it. Shame ninty fucked up with 3Rd Party though.

Yeah it is a shame, but i am going to support Nintendo. Because i have now missed two generations of Nintendo and there are a lot of great games i have missed

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TheEroica  Moderator

@clyde46: come on the show tonight... Seriously.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68: I'm doing lem recon work for money.... Ms pays.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By clyde46

@TheEroica said:

@clyde46: come on the show tonight... Seriously.

What time do you start?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@clyde46: 9... Microsoft state of the Union.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Heil68

@TheEroica said:

@Heil68: I'm doing lem recon work for money.... Ms pays.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Did I miss something last night? @Blabadon sent me a steam PM but I didn't read it till this morning.

What's the topic we want to discuss? I thought we might discuss it (provided we're on tonight; if we're next week, then all the better)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 clyde46

@TheEroica said:

@clyde46: 9... Microsoft state of the Union.

9pm? Its already 10pm now!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68: lol.... The x1 is gonna be the comeback kid this Gen.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TheEroica  Moderator

@Blabadon: @clyde46: A eastern America 9! Blab can come on the ms show too, or blab we can wait till next weekif the topic ddoesn't jive with you.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TheEroica  Moderator

@heretrix: thanks Bro... Strange to see the other side of the curtain, but I'm not about spoiling people's fun, as long as their not painfully obvious about it. ;)

Future apocalypse survivors - twinkies, Keith Richards, cocroaches, Heils fallout shelter and Pedal to the Metal.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Blabadon

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon: @clyde46: A eastern America 9! Blab can come on the ms show too, or blab we can wait till next weekif the topic ddoesn't jive with you.

Can we also get @_Matt_ on some time next week?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

Absolutely... Clyde you can do tonight with Kuu2 and Shawn30 talking all things microsoft gaming and Next week, blab and Matt can be on topic: TBD, and clyde if you wanna joing that one too youre more than welcome. I suppose we should as Matt first though huh? haha.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 clyde46

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

Absolutely... Clyde you can do tonight with Kuu2 and Shawn30 talking all things microsoft gaming and Next week, blab and Matt can be on topic: TBD, and clyde if you wanna joing that one too youre more than welcome. I suppose we should as Matt first though huh? haha.

Cheers for the offer man, I'd love to join but the timing is really bad for me. 9pm Eastern is about 2am GMT and I have tomorrow D:

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TheEroica  Moderator

@clyde46 said:

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

Cheers for the offer man, I'd love to join but the timing is really bad for me. 9pm Eastern is about 2am GMT and I have tomorrow D:

ok, no worries... Heil, animal and I will set you up on a weekend sometime soon so we can get times right... You've certainly sacrificed enough for the show over the year. be in touch!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Blabadon

@TheEroica: How's Phillip?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Animal-Mother

Whoisphillip.com

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#86  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

lol blab got himself banned?

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Tonight's podcast is the 3rd part of our State of the Union Series, featuring Ms and the Xbox One. We got some Ms supporters lined up, but if you want to be on the show, hit us up.

Should we do a PC state of the union? Let us know, I think it could be a great cast and we could get back @BPoole96 on, who helped us with our first show.

I'd be down for another show. Just let me know when. If you all are still recording Tuesday nights I am free at about 9:30 EST and can talk for however long we need to.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheEroica  Moderator

@BPoole96 said:

@Heil68 said:

I'd be down for another show. Just let me know when. If you all are still recording Tuesday nights I am free at about 9:30 EST and can talk for however long we need to.

Poole is back! next week... BPoole and @clyde46 clyde, any chance we can get you in on this?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I could listen to Animal talk on gaming all day. Perhaps you two can just produce it and have him do the actual talking?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@millerlight89: nah... We like irritating you too much. :P also, a sincere thanks for disliking the show and listening anyway. We should set you up with a spot one week. Wanna be on?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#91  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

ooh ooh :D

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TheEroica  Moderator

@Desmonic: we actually had "phillip" on the show last night. Problem is the cast file became corrupted and now we have to re-record a fantastic cast... It was such a good cast and now it's gone :( no worries though Dez, we're on it.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#95 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Man,I´ve been missing out on a ton of podcasts but I listened to this one,still pretty good.

Also,I totally subscribe to what Desmonic said,get Blab on the next P2M,that shit should be fun!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TheEroica  Moderator

@Desmonic: phillip is more of a 3ds guy, guy which contrasts heavily with blab.... Hopefully we can have both on the show.

First time in 60 podcasts we've lost one. :( we havethe issue squared away though. Sucks to have a rre-record, but foxbetalpha and KUU2 were legit guests with hearts of x box gaming gold. ... Seriously you guys will dig these interviews.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Desmonic: true... Murphys law is a fickle bitch. Anyway, it'll be another chance to chat with these guys, both incredibly well spoken in their gaming points of view. And phillip is always awesome.

Honestly we have easily the most fun in system wars.... Chatting with everyone on the board is a treat. When are you up demonic?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@seanmcloughlin said:

lol blab got himself banned?

wait what?