Pedal to the Metal 2.19 FREEDOMFREAK!

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22544 Posts

Pedal to the Metal

Presents...

Freedomfreak and Pedal to the Metal finally gets a sit down with the one and only... Freedomfreak. The guys chat about Valve's new game, Evolve, TitanFall and the current state of the system wars.

Youtube

Download

System Wars Magazine

In just one weeks time, Pedal to the Metal will share it's hosting site with Point Insertion, enabling us to bring you more content for the community, BY the community...

....Also, something new coming down the pipe.

Thanks to all who continue to give us a chance each week, even when we sound like a bunch of amateurs... :D You guys get many Devil Horns from everyone at P2M \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Can't wait

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheEroica  Moderator

@Blabadon said:

Can't wait

we had some skype issues, but heil prettied it up for ya.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

congratulations on the mod stats.

also i watched the movie full metal jacket the other day, and much to my surprise animal mutha was in it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheEroica  Moderator

@CrownKingArthur said:

congratulations on the mod stats.

also i watched the movie full metal jacket the other day, and much to my surprise animal mutha was in it.

Indeed... the scary thing is their both equally crazy.

oh and thanks... :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Listening to it now

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride said:

Listening to it now

great! let me know what you think of evolve and the FPS talk...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@TheEroica said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Listening to it now

great! let me know what you think of evolve and the FPS talk...

Yeah i am listening to that part, i don't really know that much or have that big of an interest in that game tbh. I am not the biggest FPS fan. I got a few i buy, but mostly i play other genre's more tbh

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CrownKingArthur

battlefield is very good. so much so the success of cod is baffling.

this evolve game, i'd have to play it to understand it. it was on the front cover of my copy of gameinformer, that was how i found out about it. but i welcome new and fresh things, like daffodils.

edit: if microsoft do moneyhat titanfall, i just hope they include their windows platform. sometimes i wonder if they have forgotten about their OS users. well, they remembered at least that we have income :P

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

Came for the freak, stayed for the freedom.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Damn Freedom sounds awesome

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Badosh said:

Came for the freak, stayed for the freedom.

@seanmcloughlin said:

Damn Freedom sounds awesome

Freedom was an awesome guest... we actually stayed and chatted a while after the cast. dudes chill. We had some skype issues that busted up a few conversations but like I said, easy going as all get out.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Last_Ride

Good episode so far, and i am 40 minutes in

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator

@CrownKingArthur: I think evolve will some amazing polish and some real sensible forward thinking co op... There is a lot of reason to be excited for that one...

Battlefield, I actually don't play, of course I don't play CoD either... not for any reason, just wont get 60 dollars out of them so I wait till the drop most oft. Still, I think they're both very accomplished franchises that give reason to be loved.

As for titanfall, yeah, it'll stir up some dust if MS locks that down at some point.... honestly though, thats a fat pile of money EA would be leaving on the table Id imagine.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrownKingArthur

@TheEroica: i guess with titanfall it will be a double edged sword for microsoft. the more successful titanfall is, the more money EA could demand for future exclusivity. but if i had microsoft's amount of financial liquidity, and titanfall did very very well, i would pay anything. its not every day you could buy something titanic. so, from ea and MS' perspective, i guess they will both want titanfall to be as awesome as possible.

one thing i will say about battlefield 4, for a lot of people it must have been the most expensive video game ever that didn't work properly. so many people bought premium because ... well... if it's your go to game every day, it's good value. but crikey, over 100 american dollars for a game which didn't work properly for about two weeks. unacceptable in my opinion.

yeah i'll keep my eye on evolve, i hope that totalbiscuit gets to play it soon. i find him very fair.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CrownKingArthur

and i agree. the rules here are too relaxed.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@CrownKingArthur said:

@TheEroica: i guess with titanfall it will be a double edged sword for microsoft. the more successful titanfall is, the more money EA could demand for future exclusivity. but if i had microsoft's amount of financial liquidity, and titanfall did very very well, i would pay anything. its not every day you could buy something titanic. so, from ea and MS' perspective, i guess they will both want titanfall to be as awesome as possible.

one thing i will say about battlefield 4, for a lot of people it must have been the most expensive video game ever that didn't work properly. so many people bought premium because ... well... if it's your go to game every day, it's good value. but crikey, over 100 american dollars for a game which didn't work properly for about two weeks. unacceptable in my opinion.

yeah i'll keep my eye on evolve, i hope that totalbiscuit gets to play it soon. i find him very fair.

Either way it shakes out everyone stands to make money of the game, if done to a high level, which by all accounts is whats happening.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Lto=awesome guest. 2nd best P2M guest on lock.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Why am I not a mod again?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blabadon

@jg4xchamp said:

Lto

lol

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jg4xchamp

idgi

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blabadon

@jg4xchamp said:

idgi

The edit made me lol

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jg4xchamp

Oh, yeah

Also I love how AC4 totally retconned Eroica's take on Ass Creed. If he completely ignored AC4 and didn't play it, no way in hell was he not going to say the words AC3 was such shit(instead he sugar coated it). The entire narrative changes on one game. Cray.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blabadon

Jesus christ guys, spoiler warnings, please.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Last_Ride

Finally listened to the entire thing, i liked this episde way more than last weeks episode

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@jg4xchamp: AC3 was supposed to be stairway to heaven in my backyard... Instead it was like an Orchestra of beginner band students trying to make a note not sound like cat rape. Is it a playable game? Yeah, but it fails both on its content (don't remember my history books claiming G. W. to be such a vag) and it never once approaches the assassin's Creed feeling of never ending things to do... Just shifty Tarzan fetch quests.

The game damn near broke me....

That said, I can go back at this point in an ac4 world and just call ac3 what it is, a terrible assassin Creed game and at best a passable action game.

Narrative wise, well... I wanted to believe we were going somewhere grand with the battle between the temples and assassin's, and I quietly kept candlelight vigil every night, but alas... Full out oceans 12. Thing is, I actually like what the did to ac4 and those who stayed invested in the narrative were rewarded with several nuggets of info throughout ac4... But that's like being excited to know the back story of saved by the Bell at this point.  

I criticize because I care....

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Blabadon: damn it... Really? I don'tremember talking end games on anything in tthat cast! What did we spoil?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Last_Ride

@TheEroica: How do you guys decide on who you want on the podcast?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheEroica  Moderator

@getyeryayasout: yeah... It probably could be done. Blab and I talked last week and we're just going to shift talk away from spoiler content all together. Last week, this week and next week I believe are the last of the episodes we had recorded when blab and I chatted... We definitely don't want people getting games spoiled, so it's onus to clean it up a bit.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride: they PM us and they're on the show. :) or in some larger casts we'll ask some guys who we know won't mind being on. P2m is open to anyone on any gamespot forums and then some.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Last_Ride

@TheEroica said:

@The_Last_Ride: they PM us and they're on the show. :) or in some larger casts we'll ask some guys who we know won't mind being on. P2m is open to anyone on any gamespot forums and then some.

alright, i thought you guys just asked people

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Yeah, it was great, fellas. Had some good laughs. I'll definitely get in again on future podcasts.

It's just something you gotta try. Because why not.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheEroica  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride: if you're ever interested let me know. Wed love to have you.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Last_Ride

@TheEroica said:

@The_Last_Ride: if you're ever interested let me know. Wed love to have you.

Yeah sure why not, i just need to spare some time, i live in europe after all, so that kinda sucks

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

The duration always turned me off. But I am gonna listen to this one.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60679 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@TheEroica said:

We do ask people, like for this weeks MS state of the union cast we're doing. I got some MS supporters lined up to talk. We love to have new people on and everyone always says they've had a great time after being on.

@freedomfreak said:

Yeah, it was great, fellas. Had some good laughs. I'll definitely get in again on future podcasts.

Just like that^^ :D

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jg4xchamp

@TheEroica said:

@jg4xchamp: AC3 was supposed to be stairway to heaven in my backyard... Instead it was like an Orchestra of beginner band students trying to make a note not sound like cat rape. Is it a playable game? Yeah, but it fails both on its content (don't remember my history books claiming G. W. to be such a vag) and it never once approaches the assassin's Creed feeling of never ending things to do... Just shifty Tarzan fetch quests.

The game damn near broke me....

That said, I can go back at this point in an ac4 world and just call ac3 what it is, a terrible assassin Creed game and at best a passable action game.

Narrative wise, well... I wanted to believe we were going somewhere grand with the battle between the temples and assassin's, and I quietly kept candlelight vigil every night, but alas... Full out oceans 12. Thing is, I actually like what the did to ac4 and those who stayed invested in the narrative were rewarded with several nuggets of info throughout ac4... But that's like being excited to know the back story of saved by the Bell at this point.

I criticize because I care....

Hey I get it. I'm just saying it's funny how one game can ruin the entire legacy of a series or swing it.

Because AC3 came out, and suddenly it was like AC2 and the love parade for that game(not you necessarily) never happened. It was a figment of everyones imagination. But then AC4 cames out, and it's like yeah man AC3 the only stinker. When that should have been the narrative from the get go.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@jg4xchamp: yeah good call... I'm still shocked that ubi was able to pull that franchise to such Heights one installment after the flop that ac3 took. Of course we've seen this done before from ac1 to ac2... I actually really enjoyed ac1, but 2 was from another planet by comparison... Ac4 felt the same.

The narrative is in a far better place at this point I agree... Because they can just call it what it is, a yearly series that isn't taking itself too seriously as having a specific end game... Other than the conflict between between the plans and assassin's feeling entirely sterile I can live with it.

Asis at its best narrative wise when they go heavy on conspiracy iimo

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@jg4xchamp: champ, my bad... I partly misunderstood what you were saying... Yes yes, the backlash against the series itself after ac3 rested purely on that game being shit, despite ac2 and quite honestly brotherhood, being superb.

I borded the hype train for ac3 full force and it did concern me about the future of the franchise... Thankfully ac4 exists to at least give me hope for another year.

Bottom line is the court of public opinion among gamers is a fickle unsatisfied and ever changing bitch...

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blabadon

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon: damn it... Really? I don'tremember talking end games on anything in tthat cast! What did we spoil?

Dropped a Halo 4 size bomb in the middle

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Last_Ride

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@TheEroica said:

We do ask people, like for this weeks MS state of the union cast we're doing. I got some MS supporters lined up to talk. We love to have new people on and everyone always says they've had a great time after being on.

@freedomfreak said:

Just like that^^ :D

oh i would love to be on, but i would not be the best one to talk about X1 since it isn't even out here yet. I have big frustrations about that, so i don't want to vent about that stuff :)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheEroica  Moderator

@Blabadon: just listened.... Damn it... Animal is suspended from whiskey indefinitely. All new episodes from next week's out are spoiler sensitive.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@TheEroica: I wasn't drinking.... I was playing battlefield 4.....Well that might be considered drinking to some.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Animal-Mother

Blab at what time is the spoiler?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#46  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26077 Posts

I would post more if this place loaded faster and was more alive.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Last_Ride

@Animal-Mother said:

@TheEroica: I wasn't drinking.... I was playing battlefield 4.....Well that might be considered drinking to some.

It didn't sound like you were playing anything though :3

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Animal-Mother

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It didn't sound like you were playing anything though :3

I put it on mute :D

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CrownKingArthur

freedom makes a good point about the rules here. they are too relaxed and arbitrary. often i see the same people losing arguments, reminds me of this quote:

"When you have the law on your side, you argue the law. When you have the truth on your side, you argue the truth. Otherwise - you bang the table!"

and i see a lot of table bangers here in system wars.

i think we should be able to say shit, i'm apathetic about '****', i don't have a problem with it myself but other people might not want to read that.

i don't think people should be able to call each other names to incite butthurt.

'you're an idiot' (1)

versus

'that idea is silly because ...' (2)

in the case of 1, what kind of response can they get? probably an insult back, because that first insult furthered the discussion about zero metres. in the case of 2, it's possible that the response either convinces the other person their position is well thought out, or maybe simply clarifies it, and people leave it at that, or maybe elicits another response, when in turn convinces that original respondee - basically it keeps the discussion going as a discussion as opposed to turning it into a pissing contest regarding who can produce the most creative insult - i suggest personal attacks fall outside the scope of the system war.

obviously, this is just a post from CKA. but i just wanted to mention i know gamespot is not a democracy, but judging from the reaction on the podcast it seems more involved posters want tougher rules.

i wonder why? maybe it's because the more involved posters never wanted to insult anyone anyway - i feel like "we" don't need to be told the rules. "we" want the rules to be there to keep out people who don't want to discuss the system war eg: people who just want to cause attempt to butthurt through a keyboard and computer screen. seriously, if you are one of these people - buy a guitar and post a bit less. (but seriously, don't get a cheap copy of a fender strat. the pickup buzz under distortion will drive you batty. )

if i can help to affect any change, i will. yours sincerely, CrownKingArthur.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@CrownKingArthur: great post man... I agree.. The rules should not be in place as to punish those who use system was to discuss but rather those who abuse it...

Speaking of pesty guitar behavior... Ever try and keep the b string on a less Paul in tune? Are... Do you play?