princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#52 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

But Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Persona 5, Xenoblade and Xenoblade X are console-exclusive.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

But Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Persona 5, Xenoblade and Xenoblade X are console-exclusive.

The Title states PC is the best platform for playing RPGs. The fact you needed to combine two platforms and use last gen games proves this ;)

BTW: Xenoblade is on PC (and much better on it) and DB/DS superior cousins are on PC.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#54  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

PC is the best platform for RPG =/= PC is the only platform with good RPGs =/= PC has better RPGs than all other platforms throughout all periods combined.

Consolites learn to argue better. Just dropping down the names of a couple console exclusive RPGs does not automatically generate any valid point.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@-God- said:
@princeofshapeir said:

The Title states PC is the best platform for playing RPGs. The fact you needed to combine two platforms and use last gen games proves this ;)

BTW: Xenoblade is on PC and DB/DS better cousins are on PC.

Piracy only counts when it's to a Hermit's benefit, huh? And who's saying Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are better than Bloodborne and Demon's Souls? You? LOL. Even if that was the majority consensus that doesn't suddenly mean Bloodborne and Demon's Souls don't exist, or aren't worth playing.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 -God-

@princeofshapeir said:
@-God- said:
@princeofshapeir said:

Piracy only counts when it's to a Hermit's benefit, huh? And who's saying Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are better than Bloodborne and Demon's Souls? You? LOL. Even if that was the majority consensus that doesn't suddenly mean Bloodborne and Demon's Souls don't exist, or aren't worth playing.

I bought the Xenoblade disc first.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@-God- said:
@princeofshapeir said:
@-God- said:
@princeofshapeir said:

I bought the Xenoblade disc first.

pics or gtfo

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 -God-

This was a long time ago. Probably threw it out.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lostrib

@-God- said:

seems legit

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#60 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

again a PC user that need to feel Superior telling us that his version is soooooo much better.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@lostrib said:
@-God- said:

seems legit

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

Still bragging about those emo JRPG’s let’s see what you console gamers missed :

1-Fallout 1&2

2-Neverwinter Nights 1&2

3-Planescape: Torment

3-Deuce EX

4-Star Wars: The Old Republic & Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

5-Baldur's Gate I&II

6-The Witcher

7-Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

8-Icewind dale I&II

9-Anachronox

10-Diablo II

11-Torchlight I&II

12-Grim Dawn

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19601 Posts

The PC definitely has the most and/or best RPGs, and it is even muscling in on the JRPG subgenre nowadays.

Still, you're going to miss out on some great RPGs unless you own a range of different platforms. Personally, I own every current gen platform except for the XOne, and it's just RPG heaven for me (but mainly on the PC).

Which reminds me...I still have to play Grimrock 2, Telepath Tactics, Wasteland 2, Serpent in the Staglands, and a range of other Kickstarted RPGs.

Stupid Witcher 3, taking up all my time...!

llysender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By llysender
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts
@the_master_race said:

Still bragging about those emo JRPG’s let’s see what you console gamers missed :

1-Fallout 1&2

2-Neverwinter Nights 1&2

3-Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

3-Deuce EX

5-Baldur's Gate I&II

6-The Witcher

8-Icewind dale I&II

9-Anachronox

10-Diablo II

11-Torchlight I&II

12-Grim Dawn

1- Fallout 1 was ok 2 was better and tactics is the best
Also wtf is arcanum of steamworks and magick obscura is not in your no1 spot

3-Deus Ex is a good game but the god awful AI even back in its day dragged it down.

4-Ok bioware game, fun world but bad rpg design(never played 2 or 3 though). Never played the MMO
8-It was good?

9-Anachronox-totally agree with you that its a good rpg

10-Never completed DII, can't be bordered to start replaying now

II-Torchlight 1 was pretty bad and I was dead bord by the 1/3 mark. Story was pretty interesting though
Torchlight 2 I can agree with you. Its good stuff.

12-Grim Dawn isn't at retail yet. Titan quest is however and is good stuff

Unmentioned ones I've not played yet. Lastly Where is Divine Divinity and Sacred?

Back to topic, DS/3DS is the bestest platform for RPGs now. The others on PC tend to be quite bad/buggy(esp the kickstarter ones like Divinity:OS, I refuse to buy Pillers of Eternity until 1.37 years later after most of the bugs have been fixed)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Legend002 said:

jrpg >>>>>> wrpg

so no

In the 90's? maybe. Now? yeah no.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:
@Legend002 said:

jrpg >>>>>> wrpg

so no

In the 90's? maybe. Now? yeah no.

Maybe his mind is still living in the 90s. It's sad to see the state of gaming in Japan now if you compare it to the past.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Pcs for WRPGs consoles for the few decent JRPGs that exist.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

PC is the best platform for any gaming.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@mjorh: RPG and MMORPG and FPS and RTS and FREE 2 PLAY and MULTIPLAYER in general

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@lostrib said:

Persona 5

@davillain- said:

Bloodborne.

Case closed.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@the_master_race said:

1-Fallout 1&2

2-Neverwinter Nights 1&2

3-Planescape: Torment

3-Deuce EX

5-Baldur's Gate I&II

6-The Witcher

8-Icewind dale I&II

9-Anachronox

10-Diablo II

11-Torchlight I&II

12-Grim Dawn

Yeah, thats some good stuff. And lets not forget about:

Those were the days when PC had RPGs, and not only console ports of RPGs.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@lostrib said:

Persona 5

@davillain- said:

Bloodborne.

Case closed.

Get your answer :

@GhoX said:

PC is the best platform for RPG =/= PC is the only platform with good RPGs =/= PC has better RPGs than all other platforms throughout all periods combined.

Consolites learn to argue better. Just dropping down the names of a couple console exclusive RPGs does not automatically generate any valid point.

+

@the_master_race Answer your phone ! where the hell are you?!

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

PC without a doubt.

Wasn't ES: Morrowind the first major WRPG to even be made available on consoles?

If so, then it's no wonder that consolites tend to be such fans of JRPGs when they never really had any WRPG alternatives in the past because, back then, there were still actual PC studios before EA and Activision raped the entire industry with their console sports games profits.

I believe it was the summer of '86, but I remember being excited to go to a friend's house to witness the original Legend of Zelda being played on the NES because I didn't have one at the time.

I was obsessed with Wizard's Crown (a real WRPG with multiple party members, weaponry, stats, and a grim setting) at the time, and even though the graphics of the Zelda game were better than anything my Apple IIc could produce, I remember thinking to myself, "This is terrible. Who wants to play as a toddler with a wooden sword? This is stupid. Why can't we play Renegade?"

That opinion has remained largely consistent as the years went by and I played more WRPGs (The Ultima series, The Bard's Tale and its sequels, The Magic Candle, ES: Daggerfall, SSI's goldbox era, Wasteland, etc.) and gained more exposure to other JRPGs.

I have never and will never understand the appeal of the FF games. They're completely incomprehensible to me.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@mjorh said:
@elkoldo said:
@lostrib said:

Persona 5

@davillain- said:

Bloodborne.

Case closed.

Get your answer :

@GhoX said:

That desperate and frustrated hermit argument can be extended from "a couple of" to any arbitrary number of RPGs. No matter what the number is.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BlbecekBobecek
@Dasein808 said:

PC without a doubt.

Wasn't ES: Morrowind the first major WRPG to even be made available on consoles?

Nah, I'm pretty sure games like Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder, Black Crypt etc. were all released on consoles too. Thats more than decade before Morrowind.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dasein808

@BlbecekBobecek said:
@Dasein808 said:

PC without a doubt.

Nah, I'm pretty sure games like Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder, Black Crypt etc. were all released on consoles too. Thats more than decade before Morrowind.

Ahh, my bad.

I had to google Dungeon Master and Black Crypt because I'd never played either one, but I remember seeing Dungeon Master's box art in games stores.

Black Crypt is only listed as having been an Amiga release, unless I have the wrong version.

As far as EotB goes, it appears to have sold so poorly on consoles that the two sequels that followed remained PC exclusive.

It also looks like Pool of Radiance was ported to the NES, 4 years after it was originally released, but again, it sold so poorly that the remaining 3 titles in the series (Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, and Pools of Darkness) all remained PC exclusive.

So, unless there's a lot of other WRPG titles that were released on consoles in addition to these 2, then it seems like Morrowind was still probably the first major WRPG release on consoles to find an actual audience among consolites, and that was in 2002.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@mjorh: There is something wrong with my tablet, shyt didn’t turn on. I’ll get it repaired in a day or two…. so till then I'll be offline on all social networks, maybe not all of them but most of them for sure

@BlbecekBobecek said:

I played albion once, such a great game, couldn’t finish it though and dungeon master …lol shit is older than me but I think this game and bard’s tale prove that PC is the pioneer in RPG genre too

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 BlbecekBobecek

@the_master_race said:

@mjorh: There is something wrong with my tablet, shyt didn’t turn on. I’ll get it repaired in a day or two…. so till then I'll be offline on all social networks, maybe not all of them but most of them for sure

@BlbecekBobecek said:

I played albion once, such a great game, couldn’t finish it though and dungeon master …lol shit is older than me but I think this game and bard’s tale prove that PC is the pioneer in RPG genre too

Yep, Albion was amazing. I started it several times and invested tons of gaming time into it but never managed to finish it. But I will eventually :)

Dungeon Master was one of the first games I played, scared the hell out of me, but it was amazing. In my opinion Dungeon Master 2 was even better, although it received mixed reviews. It had amazing soundtrack and atmosphere.
Both those games are very similar to The Legend of Grimrock, which was heavily inspired by them.

PC definitely pioneered RPG genre and was the home of some of the best RPGs ever made. I think the oldest PC RPG series are Ultima and Wizardry, but the only games I played from those series are Wizardry VII and VIII, and Ultima VII, Ultima Underworld and Ultima Online.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45516 Posts

RPGs still sell better on consoles

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 BlbecekBobecek

@Dasein808 said:
@BlbecekBobecek said:
@Dasein808 said:

PC without a doubt.

Ahh, my bad.

I had to google Dungeon Master and Black Crypt because I'd never played either one, but I remember seeing Dungeon Master's box art in games stores.

Black Crypt is only listed as having been an Amiga release, unless I have the wrong version.

As far as EotB goes, it appears to have sold so poorly on consoles that the two sequels that followed remained PC exclusive.

It also looks like Pool of Radiance was ported to the NES, 4 years after it was originally released, but again, it sold so poorly that the remaining 3 titles in the series (Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, and Pools of Darkness) all remained PC exclusive.

So, unless there's a lot of other WRPG titles that were released on consoles in addition to these 2, then it seems like Morrowind was still probably the first major WRPG release on consoles to find an actual audience among consolites, and that was in 2002.

Oops you are correct, Black Crypt was amiga exclusive. My memory failed me on this one :)

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Dasein808

@SolidGame_basic said:

RPGs still sell better on consoles

Except for all the multiple examples that I provided that prove you wrong.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Dasein808

@BlbecekBobecek said:

Oops you are correct, Black Crypt was amiga exclusive. My memory failed me on this one :)

No worries, I'd also completely forgotten the Wizardry series until you mentioned it.

I played all of them up through Crusaders of the Dark Savant, but I can't even remember which number it was in the series these days.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BlbecekBobecek

@Dasein808 said:
@BlbecekBobecek said:

No worries, I'd also completely forgotten the Wizardry series until you mentioned it.

I played all of them up through Crusaders of the Dark Savant, but I can't even remember which number it was in the series these days.

Crusaders of Dark Savant was VII and the second last I know of. Wizardry 8 was released around 2001 and was quickly forgotten, which is sad because it was an excellent game.

But weirdly enough I recently found out that there are other Wizardry games released exclusively in Japan. Never got to play them though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

Nope. That's your OPINION.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#85 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Nope. That's your OPINION.

what's your OPINION?

@the_master_race K, get it fixed, i'm waiting on Telegram. (You can install it on your PC)

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

i know this is off topic but is an AMD R9 270 any good? it has 2GB GDDR5 RAM

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#87 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@mjorh: MAss Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR, Witcher, Persona 5, Final Fantasy, Tales of Xillia, etc don't count for anything?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

@locopatho said:
@mjorh said:

except multiplatforms most of great RPG games are only on PC

Bollocks to THAT, the majority of great JRPGs and SRPGs aren't on PC.

Yup so consoles win yet again.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@locopatho said:
@mjorh said:

Bollocks to THAT, the majority of great JRPGsand SRPGs aren't on PC.

Most JRPGs have been terrible, nowadays the amount of quality JRPGs can be counted on one hand. That's my personal opinion however, you're free to feel otherwise.

>any good SRPG on console

lol...

>most good SRPGs on consoles

LOL!

PC is the king there, my friend. Consoles are a TERRIBLE for SRPGs.

That, and most of these "console RPGs" as you describe them, aren't actually RPGs. I laughed pretty damn hard when people posted Bloodborne.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@BlbecekBobecek said:

Dungeon Master was one of the first games I played, scared the hell out of me, but it was amazing. In my opinion Dungeon Master 2 was even better, although it received mixed reviews. It had amazing soundtrack and atmosphere.

Maybe you're thinking of Chaos Strikes Back ? (which just might just be the best of all these real time crawlers)

DM 2 was a disappointment after DM /CSB and clearly a step back when it came to dungeon design and puzzles.

Some RPGs like Wizardry 5, Ultima 4, Pool of Radiance, Bards Tale, AD&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun.... use to show up on consoles back in the day.

Seems like once the PS1 came about, they pretty much stayed on PC though.

A lot has to do with the aesthetics/artstyle. If you're not a filthy weeaboo don't really care for anime, you're prob not gonna be too big on JRPGs.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Definetly. And with higher resolution/detail and sitting close to a monitor, you just get way more immersed in the game.

One of the things I miss about PC gaming.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@skelly34 said:
@Heil68 said:
@locopatho said:
@mjorh said:

Most JRPGs have been terrible, nowadays the amount of quality JRPGs can be counted on one hand. That's my personal opinion however, you're free to feel otherwise.

lol...

That, and most of these "console RPGs" as you describe them, aren't actually RPGs. I laughed pretty damn hard when people posted Bloodborne.

You can lol and lie as much as you like. The strategy rpg series Fire Emblem, Shining Force, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea are still all awesome and not on PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

@locopatho said:
@skelly34 said:
@Heil68 said:
@locopatho said:
@mjorh said:

lol...

You can lol and lie as much as you like. The strategy rpg series Fire Emblem, Shining Force, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea are still all awesome and not on PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mjorh: MAss Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR, Witcher, Persona 5, Final Fantasy, Tales of Xillia, etc don't count for anything?

These are all on pc. FF also started coming on pc.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#95  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

These are all on pc. FF also started coming on pc.

you missed my point didn't you? Consoles have great rpg's... They come out there as well as on pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@The_Last_Ride: Wticher 1 is still pc only though.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@Heil68: @locopatho:

Ah yes, apparently handhelds have become consoles for the duration of this argument. They may be called "handheld consoles" but this comparison is between PC and WiiU/Xbox1/PS4 and their predecessors. Not PSP/vita and gameboy/ds.

My friend, I love almost all of those series. SRPG and RTS being my two favorite game genres. Fire Emblem 7 and FF tactics are among my favorite games ever.

Now, my comrade. Here is your fatal mistake: About 80% of the games in those series are on HANDHELDS not CONSOLES. It is because I love games like this so much that I own these handhelds instead of the sony's/nintendo's silly console.

Among all the series you listed:

- Only Fire emblem 9 and 10 are on nintendo consoles.

- Only Ogre battle 64 and Ogre battle: March are on consoles.

- After PS2 shining force has become completely handheld/mobile. Aside of course from shining resonance for PS3, which was pretty damn terrible and never got a north american release.

- Only the original FFT is on Playstation (one of the few good console strategy games I'll give you that)

- I've never played disgaea, but I've never heard much about or hear it get any praise. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it's a good series.

- I'm sure there are other console SRPG titles out there.

The funniest part? Aside from FFT, the console entries are uncannily considered the WORST entries of each series. Even if you were to attribute the games on handhelds to consoles that is still NOTHING in comparison to PC, much less the tiny list that is actually on consoles You two have absolutely no idea how many SRPGs are on PC. PC has gotten three 9/10 SRPGs in the last 5 months xD

Strategy games usually do not sell well on consoles at all, just recently Xcomm has become PC exclusive because it had underwhelming console sales. Valkyria Chronicles had a PC port and SEGA was stunned that it sold so well after it's underwhelming sales in its console lifespan. Today's console gamers largely ignore strategy in all its essence, making PC and handhelds that last bastion for strategy games. Strategy is either dead or dying on consoles and nothing is going to change that. It's one of the reasons I refuse to buy a next gen console.

I agree with you Loco, handhelds have an abundance of some great strategy games, just not consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@lostrib said:

Persona 5

Ah...... likely 6 poorly randomly generated dungeon themes.... standard JRPG's "Buff, debuff ... attack" for 90 hours .... the rest of the time listening to whiny teen problems, and life lessons.

More like a Japanese Interactive Novel with RPG thrown in.

Don't get me wrong, good games... but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lostrib

@MBirdy88 said:
@lostrib said:

Persona 5

Ah...... likely 6 poorly randomly generated dungeon themes.... standard JRPG's "Buff, debuff ... attack" for 90 hours .... the rest of the time listening to whiny teen problems, and life lessons.

More like a Japanese Interactive Novel with RPG thrown in.

Don't get me wrong, good games... but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it

The dungeons look better in the trailer

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@skelly34 said:

I agree with you Loco, handhelds have an abundance of some great strategy games, just not consoles.

Cool, so you agree PC isn't the place for SRPGs, which was my initial point. Thanks :)