Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Actually, it was $393 with rebates. I am scratching my head here trying to figure out how I was "owned" or "destroyed". I got a less than $400 pc that almost doubles the power the PS4 with a free copy of BF4 and Windows for free too. If that is what morons like you call being "owned", I'll take it!

I take my troll accusation back. You're not a troll. There's something flat out wrong with you, mentally...

Build me a PC and stop spinning...hahaha

i'll wait..

Lets see i backed up my claim and all you did was quoted some one on the internet who only god knows who he is and how he was getting that card.

lol

Now if building it is so easy and only $393 go ahead and post it..lol

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@asylumni said:

@farrell2k said:

Now they're $179. Before the mining craze they were $159, and gigabyte had a $50 mail in rebate. Why is that so hard to believe? I am not the only one who saw the deal, I guess.

Man, you're such a troll. I bet 14,000 of your posts are just stupid trolling.

So that's $220. What kind of case, power supply, RAM, hard drive, optical drive and OS did you get for $180?

What, do you think the parts in the PS4 aren't the cheapest ones Sony could buy? Doesn't matter what brand names they are. I have a one year manufacturer warranty on every Part, just like the PS4.

All my operating systems are furnished to me by my company. They cost me nothing.

Actually, the parts in the PS4 are not the cheapest Sony could buy and it's not really relevant.

So when you said, "Got a whole $400 PC", it was a lie. What you actually got was most of a $500 PC. If there was a kid bragging about how he got a PS4 for Christmas, would you also be fine with setting the cost of a PS4 at $0, since he got it free, and compare bang-for-your-buck on that basis? That seems really silly to me. Being gifted something doesn't actually change it's value. The cost was still there and you not being the one that covered it doesn't make it go away.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Damn the ps4 whips my 580. Although with all the exclusive high range titles coming to Ps4, I'm struggling to find reasons to upgrade.

LOL...what are these exclusive high ranged titles that are coming to the ps4 that we know off O_o?? oh...this is cow hopeful thinking again...sorry, I thought you actually had something worthwhile to put down.

with all the lay-offs, financial woes, n people leaving Sony lately I think you should make that PC upgrade friend.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

But teh DX12!

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I thought my i5 & 660ti stomped the consoles or so I was told.....doesn't seem like it with these charts.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Console fanboy damage control is hilarious. PC HAS NO GOTY's!

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#158  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Judging by TFLOPS alone, I'm sitting around 3.7-4 Xbones.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I don't need to look at that list.

The GPU I had 3 GPU's ago is on par with the current generation... HD 6950.

SInce then I have had a GTX 680 and now a GTX 780Ti... My next GPU will more than likely be a GPU that can handle 3440x1440 at 60FPS at high to ultra settings.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#161 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

I thought my i5 & 660ti stomped the consoles or so I was told.....doesn't seem like it with these charts.

The list only compares tflops which is a useful method when comparing gpus with the same architecture. The result is somewhat skewed when comparing against Nvidia gpus. Your GTX 660ti is about the same level as the R7 270X, so 2,1 xbones or 1.46 ps4s according to the chart. It's better than the next gen consoles, especially if you have a new i5, sandy bridge or better. But to say that it stomps on the next gen is probably an exaggeration.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I have a GTX 690 which I think is about 4 XB1's.

@tormentos I see you are being quite active in this thread. How many XB1's is your GT 240?

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By asylumni
@farrell2k said:

@asylumni said:

@farrell2k said:

What, do you think the parts in the PS4 aren't the cheapest ones Sony could buy? Doesn't matter what brand names they are. I have a one year manufacturer warranty on every Part, just like the PS4.

All my operating systems are furnished to me by my company. They cost me nothing.

Actually, the parts in the PS4 are not the cheapest Sony could buy and it's not really relevant.

So when you said, "Got a whole $400 PC", it was a lie. What you actually got was most of a $500 PC. If there was a kid bragging about how he got a PS4 for Christmas, would you also be fine with setting the cost of a PS4 at $0, since he got it free, and compare bang-for-your-buck on that basis? That seems really silly to me. Being gifted something doesn't actually change it's value. The cost was still there and you not being the one that covered it doesn't make it go away.

What I am getting from you is that you're butthurt that I can build a pc for less than the cost of a ps4 that will outperform it.

LOL, not even a little. I couldn't care less about the gifts other people get; I just won't let your BS that it's a $400 computer, because you didn't have to pay for it, all stand uncontested. Perhaps you're projecting. Does it hurt you to know that some people got a PS4 for free, which may perform better in the future than what you had to spend nearly $400 of your hard-earned money on? (Impossible to tell since you are so reluctant to disclose the rest of the system. ie: 4GB of RAM could be a limiting factor soon)

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

@naz99 said:

@mr-powers said:

Doesn't take into account other aspects of hardware, architecture, OS footprint, optimization... Other than that, seems legit. Ahahahaha.

I guess hermies needs a misleading chart to get their morale up, especially of you go and take a glance at Steam Survey and see the stark reality of the Peasant Class gamer.

This is because you are too dense to realise that Steam is an automatic survey not a manual one it scans your pc so if you have any integrated gfx of any kind on the motherboard on the cpu even if you are using a dedicated GFX card it will still be counted so it skews the numbers, according to steam survey i am using a hd3000 (0.12 TFLOPS) and a 7970Ghz (4.3 TFLOPS) so all you guys do when you quote this steam survey is prove to us all how bloody dumb you all actually are...

And once again looking through this thread all the most moronic (factless) posts in this thread come from the console fanboys.....you guys do yourselves no favours at all,it's like you just send out invitations to get owned.

So your defense against steam survey facts is the numbers are skewed because you threw an extra gpu in that Dell mom got you for Christmas? Ahahahaha. What's your excuse about the other components of the hardware?

How many of those high end rigs are company PCs and only have a games downloaded? I know people who had PCs they used for video editing and downloaded games like Crysis back in the day just to test out their rig, and never gamed on them.

While you are at it, which rig do I need to play GTA5 right now? Ouch, no wonder PC gaming is considered on the same level as mobile.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@miiiiv said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

The list only compares tflops which is a useful method when comparing gpus with the same architecture. The result is somewhat skewed when comparing against Nvidia gpus. Your GTX 660ti is about the same level as the R7 270X, so 2,1 xbones or 1.46 ps4s according to the chart. It's better than the next gen consoles, especially if you have a new i5, sandy bridge or better. But to say that it stomps on the next gen is probably an exaggeration.

Well at least it's a little better lol

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

The i5 is about 3-4x faster than the consoles CPU and the 660ti depending on the clock speed is about 45-60% faster than the ps4's GPU (that a pretty big jump in power, 3-4x the CPU power and %50+ the GPU power).

That's hardly a baby step up

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@mastershake575 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

The i5 is about 3-4x faster than the consoles CPU and the 660ti depending on the clock speed is about 45-60% faster than the ps4's GPU (that a pretty big jump in power, 3-4x the CPU power and %50+ the GPU power).

That's hardly a baby step up

You just made me feel better...I appreciate that!

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 asylumni

@farrell2k said:

@asylumni said:
@farrell2k said:

@asylumni said:

@farrell2k said:

What I am getting from you is that you're butthurt that I can build a pc for less than the cost of a ps4 that will outperform it.

LOL, not even a little. I couldn't care less about the gifts other people get; I just won't let your BS that it's a $400 computer, because you didn't have to pay for it, all stand uncontested. Perhaps you're projecting. Does it hurt you to know that some people got a PS4 for free, which may perform better in the future than what you had to spend nearly $400 of your hard-earned money on? (Impossible to tell since you are so reluctant to disclose the rest of the system. ie: 4GB of RAM could be a limiting factor soon)

I didn't pay for it? I got windows for free through work. That's irrelevant because we don't need windows to play games. The $393 in hardware, I paid for. Either you cannot read, or you are purposefully misdirecting. I suspect the latter, which means that you have to lie and misdirect to attempt to win an argument. You have already lost because of it.

So here is $359 hardware that will outperform the PS4 slightly. More than enough money left to buy a copy of windows, especially if you are smart and remove the $20 optical drive, which is not needed for pc gaming,bringing the price to $339 for hardware that outperforms the PS4. For less than $400 you can have an r9 270 and have hardware more than 1.5x more powerful than the PS4.

What's the big deal about 4gm ram on a pc? How much do you think the ps4 has left over when the os is loaded and video ram is allocated? Nowhere near 8gb...

Yes, you got it free from work, therefore you didn't pay for it. I don't know why this is so difficult for you to grasp. And yes, for now you need Windows to play the majority of PC games.

The PS4 has a little better than HD7850 GPU. So in what world would an r7 260x outperform it aside from the worst rushed ports?

And the big deal about 4GB of RAM would be the fact that this very month sees the launch of Watchdogs which requires 6 GB of RAM and it won't be the last. It also requires a better CPU than in that new build.

Minimum:

• OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@04dcarraher said:

@BattleSpectre said:

GTX 460 here, how much Xbox One's/PS4 is my GPU?

You are 1.1x of Xbox, and like 0.66x of PS4

hahhaha, so my GPU is still better than a PS4 and Xbox?

no its slightly faster then X1 and is 44% slower then PS4 sorry for the misunderstanding,

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By 04dcarraher
@miiiiv said:

@scatteh316 said:

@04dcarraher said:
@lostrib said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

I have a GTX 680 FTW+, so......?

about a 7970

GTX 670= stock 7970 , so a GTX 680 would comparing to a 7970ghz or 280x

Except the 7970Ghz and 280x are much faster then a 680.

They are in the same league. Looking at relative performance at 2560x1440, the 7970Ghz and 280x are usually a few percent faster though.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By tormentos

@farrell2k said:

I didn't pay for it? I got windows for free through work. That's irrelevant because we don't need windows to play games. The $393 in hardware, I paid for. Either you cannot read, or you are purposefully misdirecting. I suspect the latter, which means that you have to lie and misdirect to attempt to win an argument. You have already lost because of it.

So here is $359 hardware that will outperform the PS4 slightly. More than enough money left to buy a copy of windows, especially if you are smart and remove the $20 optical drive, which is not needed for pc gaming,bringing the price to $339 for hardware that outperforms the PS4. For less than $400 you can have an r9 270 and have hardware more than 1.5x more powerful than the PS4.

What's the big deal about 4gm ram on a pc? How much do you think the ps4 has left over when the os is loaded and video ram is allocated? Nowhere near 8gb...

First of all let me start by saying that your PC is a bottleneck heaven...

Dual core AMD that is the same damn CPU i have mine is 2.8 your is 3.0 that is outdated sh**..

In fact your PC officially can't play Watchdogs...

Minimum Spec:

• GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
  • CPU: Quad core
  • RAM: 4GB

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/03/watch-dogs-pc-specs-revealed-in-full-get-the-list-here/

One thing is having a 3ghz or 3.5 ghz quad core but a dual core 3.ghz come on man you are bottleneck from the get go..

Second the GPU you just posted is weaker than the 7850 which is actually a little weaker than the PS4,so yeah you are not beating the PS4 with that GPU,and you still missing windows,which is what the majority of games run on PC.

The R260X is a refresh 7790..lol

And finally if you build like a moron well you will look like one..

That mother board you chose is very small and cramped for a Dual slot card like the R260X,just look at it.

And second can you freaking tell me where it is the 6 pin power connector the R260X needs because that Power Supply you chose doesn't have one..

http://www.coolmaxusa.com/productDetailsPower.asp?item=CA-400&details=spec&subcategory=80mm&category=single

When you build like a moron you will look like one,have a nice time making that R260X work with that Power supply that doesn't have a 6 pin connector,and have even more fun fitting that dual slot card into that tiny mother board.

PS. Where is windows..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By tormentos
@GoldenElementXL said:

I have a GTX 690 which I think is about 4 XB1's.

@tormentos I see you are being quite active in this thread. How many XB1's is your GT 240?

Non but i don't game on PC any more,and is my late GT240 it pass away already.

I was trying to get a R270 but i am waiting for a good deal,at least that is 2 xbox one.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#176  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

All that PC power and still cant play console exclusive games like GTA V :(

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

lol my five year old piece of hardware apparently has the power of 2.1 xbones

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 04dcarraher
@aroxx_ab said:

Too bad the X1 or PS4 cant neither

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

TC should also upload a pc virus/Bottleneck graph vs ps4 and Xbone

dat slow ass pci-e LMAO all those uber 1337 parts randomly disconnect with eachother, bbb bbbb bbbut AC

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By asylumni

@farrell2k: Nope, never said you got the system free, you got the os for free. And getting the os for free doesn't erase the value nor the need for the os.

It's not a straw man. You can't just use one or two components to compare 2 systems; you need to include all aspects of the systems.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9554 Posts

@sam890 said:

Console fanboy damage control is hilarious. PC HAS NO GOTY's!

PC doesn't have TTT2 though. Catch me on PSN: Vampire_Saviour

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By tormentos

@farrell2k said:

You're misdirecting again. I didn't get "it" free from work. I got windows 8 free from work. The fx6300/cooler, r9 270, 1tb hdd, 8gb ram, case, motherboard, dvd drive, mouse and kb cost me $393 USD.

The $339 system I posted has 8gb ram. You and tormentroll keep talking about 4gb. You are committing what is called a straw man. When you need to put false statements into your opponents mouth and then try to attak him on them, you have already lost the argument.

So the $339 system I posted can't play watch dogs? Knowing that system requirements are only recommendations, I bet it can, and I bet it can better than the PS4. We'll have to wait and see how watered down the console versions are to the pc version though.

How can you better than the PS4 the R260X needs a 6 pin power connector which the power supply you chose doesn't even have,to make it worse you chose a small mother board that will give you problem with that dual slot R260X,second the R260X is weaker than the PS4..lol

And 3rd Dual core really.? Man that CPU already has you bottle neck lol...

You are a joke and like i claim the R270 been $109 was a all in your fantasy land...

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@tormentos said:

the R260X needs a 6 pin power connector which the power supply you chose doesn't even have

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=molex+to+6+pin&rlz=1C1CHKB_en-gbNZ476NZ476&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7_pnU8yNLMbDkwW8hYCIDQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=939

Not an issue.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Damn the ps4 whips my 580. Although with all the exclusive high range titles coming to Ps4, I'm struggling to find reasons to upgrade.

Keyword: coming

The PS4 and Xbone exclusive library is pretty pathetic right now. It's all coming...

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

The PS4 and Xbone exclusive library is pretty pathetic right now. It's all coming...

Well yeah, this generation just pretty much started that's a given.

Still looking way more impressive to me than what's being offered for PC, I'm really not all that excited about the exclusives.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 R4gn4r0k

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Still looking way more impressive to me than what's being offered for PC, I'm really not all that excited about the exclusives.

Yet PC already has a massive library of exclusives that continues to expand and gets multiplats from 360 and PS3 too like Dark Souls and GRID, that PS4 and Xbone miss out on.

I don't feel like spending money on any of the two now when all of their big games are on the horizon. I can just wait for a price drop then and some decent exclusives.

But if you want to go ahead and get one of the two for multiplats and upcoming games, you are of course free to do so. Just putting in my 2 cents :p

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Yet PC already has a massive library of exclusives that continues to expand and gets multiplats from 360 and PS3 too like Dark Souls and GRID, that PS4 and Xbone miss out on.

I don't feel like spending money on any of the two now when all of their big games are on the horizon. I can just wait for a price drop then and some decent exclusives.

But if you want to go ahead and get one of the two for multiplats and upcoming games, you are of course free to do so. Just putting in my 2 cents :p

I was talking about games coming out for PC. Not what's already available.

Besides, anything of note I've already played on PC. The classics remain some of my favs, unfortunately nothing that magnificent looks to be coming to the platform.

I don't own either yet, but if I had to choose I'd def be buying a ps4 within the next 6 months instead of upgrading my GPU, especially for Beastly Souls. That games a system seller itself for me.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 tormentos
@04dcarraher said:
@aroxx_ab said:

Too bad the X1 or PS4 cant neither

When GTA5 came The PS3 and xbox one were not here but PC was nice spin..

@CrownKingArthur said:

@tormentos said:

the R260X needs a 6 pin power connector which the power supply you chose doesn't even have

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=molex+to+6+pin&rlz=1C1CHKB_en-gbNZ476NZ476&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7_pnU8yNLMbDkwW8hYCIDQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=939

Not an issue.

Oh i know you can buy one problem is you will find out when you get home,he paired parts without even looking which is a joke,he try to beat the PS4 and failed,and also his mother board poses a problem for such a dual slot card.

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

PC one has been pretty pathetic for years,tell me about something relevant on PC arena since Half life.?

Something that really made a stride.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

if I had to choose I'd def be buying a ps4 within the next 6 months instead of upgrading my GPU, especially for Beastly Souls. That games a system seller itself for me.

very interesting my friend, very interesting.

well whatever you choose to do, i hope that your brain continues coming up with witty comments to post to gamespot.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 R4gn4r0k

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Besides, anything of note I've already played on PC. The classics remain some of my favs, unfortunately nothing that magnificent looks to be coming to the platform.

I don't own either yet, but if I had to choose I'd def be buying a ps4 within the next 6 months instead of upgrading my GPU, especially for Beastly Souls. That games a system seller itself for me.

I was thinking about that too. My PC will be 4 years old soon and I was wondering if I will spend the money on upgrading or on a PS4.

But seeing as how it looks like there will only be 2 exclusives I want for PS4 by the end of the year (infamous and Driveclub) I'll just hold out and upgrade my PC. Perhaps hold out on that too for the next graphics cards by AMD and Nvidia.

That game hasn't been announced yet, right ?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

if I had to choose I'd def be buying a ps4 within the next 6 months instead of upgrading my GPU, especially for Beastly Souls. That games a system seller itself for me.

very interesting my friend, very interesting.

well whatever you choose to do, i hope that your brain continues coming up with witty comments to post to gamespot.

It's all about being an educated consumer! I think the only system I ever purchased at launch was ps2, since then I've always waited it out for the games that interest me.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

@tormentos said:

Oh i know you can buy one problem is you will find out when you get home,he paired parts without even looking which is a joke,he try to beat the PS4 and failed,and also his mother board poses a problem for such a dual slot card.

Modern GPUs come with a plethora of additional attachments. The one farrel linked comes with a 6-pin adapter:

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

That game hasn't been announced yet, right ?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@tormentos said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@tormentos said:

Not an issue.

no. the r9 270 is what he got. it comes with one of those cables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLQrZseRlew#t=50s

he doesn't seem to be having a problem with his dual slot GPU on that motherboard. chances are he chose everything deliberately such that the slot occluded by the GPU was superfluous anyway.

you're just making something out of nothing. he's done very well for himself building that rig at such a minimal budget. i'm very impressed @farrell2k

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Haha, it's last gen all over again:

"soon"

"Games are coming"

"Just Wait !"

:p

Nah, I kid. I'll get a PS4 too... soon.

edit: also that gif is brilliant. He looks like an evil mastermind.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

This thread sure did cause a lot of arguments.

*sits back with a grin and eats popcorn*

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By tormentos

@CrownKingArthur said:

no. the r9 270 is what he got. it comes with one of those cables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLQrZseRlew#t=50s

he doesn't seem to be having a problem with his dual slot GPU on that motherboard. chances are he chose everything deliberately such that the slot occluded by the GPU was superfluous anyway.

you're just making something out of nothing. he's done very well for himself building that rig at such a minimal budget. i'm very impressed @farrell2k

But the R270 is not the one he used on his price list,it was the R260X which is cheaper than the $179 R270.

I don't think he even has that mother board,and just look at it for a damn change,it has 1 PCIE slot and PCI close nothing more basically is very small.

In fact he did like sh** dude that Dual core is a kick on the ass of that PC and a bottle neck,minimum requirements doesn't mean optimal,you can meet minimum requirements and still have a horrible experience,you have to downgrade everything to hit playable frames.

Look how the R290 drops 51 FPS from using a dual core CPU hell that one is actually faster than the one he got,and it drops 45 FPS drop from the Athlon X4 to the Dual core.

In fact he can play Watchdogs which requires a quad core minimum,many games from now on will require more than 4 cores and many for optimal performance require 4 or more even an A10 which is consider low end is powerful enough to run it at 94FPS the dual core fail,he did a terrible job and basically has successfully bottleneck it self from the very start.

Oh wait windows we most believe that he got it free some how,so it should not be counted because he got it so every one else will to..

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3EyML

Now that ^^ PC beat the PS4 but is $599 after rebates not $334..

It has blu-ray like the PS4,and it has wifi like the PS4 as well,oh and i went easy on the ram the PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5,i chose 4GB for system memory and a 2GB cards the PS4 still has 2 GB of memory.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 CrownKingArthur

@tormentos: well that's the card he said he got (post 153, 99 etc)

the card which comes with a molex to 6-pin adapter, and isn't occluding any slots on his motherboard (as he doesn't need to make use of said occluded slot, therefore its a non-issue).

this is just a personal thing but i have no use for blu ray, or any optical media.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

But PC doesn't have GOTY obviously. Therefore all other arguments favouring PC, about every other factor that has to do with gaming, is invalid. Power, value, community, competitive, skill, mods, exclusives, all don't matter because the only thing I care about in gaming is playing games that are deemed the best of the year by console centric new sites. Even though articles were just published stating that PC gaming has completely eclipsed all consoles combined, PC gaming is dying cause no GOTY hurhurhur console Caesars. Carry on Citizen

you seem frustrated