Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#402 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

If you are going to game on pc do it properly, if not just buy a console.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@clyde46 said:

Plus a screen, mouse and keyboard, speakers...

Doesn't mean shit if you can't play anything on it. As we've said time and time again in this thread. Hardware is not enough. That PC at that price point can not, i repeat, CAN NOT play games like BF4. The X1 can and that is a fact you can not argue. Look at it this way. If you put a Prius up against a Dodge Viper, the Prius has gas, the Viper does not.... I wonder which one will win.....

lol. I can't believe you did the "It doesn't come with a monitor!!!1111one" argument.

It's a comparison between $299 pc HARDWARE and the XB1, and despite how much you try to make it otherwise, it will never be anything else.

Whats the point of comparing them when you can't even play games on it. We already know that the PC is on paper more powerful but its all moot if you can't play anything on it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#404  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@farrell2k said:

lol. I can't believe you did the "It doesn't come with a monitor!!!1111one" argument.

It's a comparison between $299 pc HARDWARE and the XB1, and despite how much you try to make it otherwise, it will never be anything else.

No Blu-ray no 3D movies.

No OS no windows games.

No wifi mean you computer most be close to your modem.

Cheap ass PSU mean fire hazard or failing of components which requires by manufacturer higher watts PSU.

No Mouse or Key board no way to play your game,which didn't matter because you didn't have an OS to install them either way..lol

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@clyde46 said:

@farrell2k said:

@clyde46 said:

Plus a screen, mouse and keyboard, speakers...

Doesn't mean shit if you can't play anything on it. As we've said time and time again in this thread. Hardware is not enough. That PC at that price point can not, i repeat, CAN NOT play games like BF4. The X1 can and that is a fact you can not argue. Look at it this way. If you put a Prius up against a Dodge Viper, the Prius has gas, the Viper does not.... I wonder which one will win.....

Whats the point of comparing them when you can't even play games on it. We already know that the PC is on paper more powerful but its all moot if you can't play anything on it.

This is an idiotic argument, akin to saying: "The XB1 doesn't come with a tv, so you can't play anything on it until you buy one!!!!11one". It is a comparison of HARDWARE running specific software. It's not that hard! You can't play either without electricity either. lol. Why don't you just stop, seriously? You're not going to change the topic of the discussion from a hardware comparison.

Running specific software? That fails right out of the gate as you need Windows to play games like BF4, something the X1 can do from the get go. By all means, keep this merry go round going, its amusing.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#407  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

I think the point is that if you are new to computers then it will be a bit more expensive to build a gaming one.

I've been using them since the late 1980s and they've become a lot cheaper.

Whenever I make a new build I usually reuse some of my stuff.

And I only make a new build when they are old enough that I need to change out everything so maybe every 4-5 years (especially with how long last gen consoles lasted).

Usually I might upgrade the GPU every 2-3 years and I might add more RAM if I need it.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

If someone didn't have anything to game on and they only had $300 the last thing i would recommend is buyint that crap TC, in fact i would recommend buying a ps3 and getting the best games on that bad boy.