PC gamers make a petition for more Sega games

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Do Hermits even play games?

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Sweenix said:

PC gamers actually spend more time making petition and roaming internet forums, than playing games themselves.

Steam has more concurrent gamers than xbl and psn combined.....

not true, nor will it ever be true. quit spreading your bullshit on these forums.

consoles own your life.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Sega? Hahaha, I guess PC gamers have begged their way down the list.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Signed, hope this works out and gets lots of support, i'd love to play those games on PC.

@osirisx3 said:

Stop begging for console ports if the master race really thinks its so great.

@Gargus said:

But the PC fanboys are always screaming about being the master race, how powerful their big throbbing massive surging PC is, how they get all of the best games and so on constantly. If so then why is it the PC fanboys make more petition to get ports of console games, then the console gamers petition for PC ports? I thought owning a PC meant you didn't touch petty console games and such?

Grow up.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@lazerface216 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

They ruined COH2, Rome 2 and Aliens.

why blame sega? they only published these games, they didn't develop them. the devs ruined these games.

The publisher supervise the developer and gives them money. So Sega is also to be blamed.

They also ruined Sonic and many other franchises.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lucianu
@mr-powers said:

Sega? Hahaha, I guess PC gamers have begged their way down the list.

This could help both sides since they're easy, quick ports and guaranteed money. Why would you ridicule an effort to bring these games to a wider crowd so they'd be more popular?

Ofcourse you can't answer because taking a shitty stab at a petition for a quick 5 sec. attention is the only thing you could possibly do.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lazerface216

@jhonMalcovich said:

@lazerface216 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

why blame sega? they only published these games, they didn't develop them. the devs ruined these games.

The publisher supervise the developer and gives them money. So Sega is also to be blamed.

They also ruined Sonic and many other franchises.

creative assembly is the only one to blame for that disaster that was rome 2, they had plenty of funding. shogun came out just fine.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@lazerface216 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Sweenix said:

PC gamers actually spend more time making petition and roaming internet forums, than playing games themselves.

not true, nor will it ever be true. quit spreading your bullshit on these forums.

consoles own your life.

Actually it is true....Look at the highest psn/xbl concurrent records, both combined is still half of steams.

consoles don't own my life, mines collect dust because they have less high scoring games, less features, and worse gfx/performance.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Sweenix said:

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lazerface216

@Jankarcop said:

@lazerface216 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Sweenix said:

consoles own your life.

Actually it is true....Look at the highest psn/xbl concurrent records, both combined is still half of steams.

consoles don't own my life, mines collect dust because they have less high scoring games, less features, and worse gfx/performance.

that means jack shit. it was during a steam sale where DD is the ONLY WAY to attain games. consoles still rely on physical copies for the vast majority of their sales. the fact is, there are WAY more active psn and xbl accounts compared to steam.

and yes, consoles own your hobby. deal with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#61  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

For a "master race" hermits sure like to beg...

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@lazerface216:

Where are your numbers for these active users for xbl and psn

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@Lucianu said:

Signed, hope this works out and gets lots of support, i'd love to play those games on PC.

For me it's not even so much about wanting to play them on PC.

I just think it's a shame when Sega releases games like Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza as Playstation exclusives and they bomb over here, or games like Vanquish and Bayonetta on X360 and PS3 that also bomb, and then they just give up after that point.

PC is Sega's best platform. They might as well give it a shot to put some of their console games on PC. Who knows? It could be that a game like Yakuza might see 200-300k more sales on PC (and much more revenue).

That's exactly what Namco did with Dark Souls. A company near-oblivious to the wants of the PC industry in the west releases Dark Souls to such success that they develop Dark Souls 2 PC-first and they've released a handful of their other titles on PC as well like Ace Combat, Enslaved, Ridge Racer, Naruto Shippuden, Pac-Man, etc.

Maybe Sega's Japanese games will see new life on PC.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jankarcop

@lazerface216 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@lazerface216 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Sweenix said:

consoles own your life.

that means jack shit. it was during a steam sale where DD is the ONLY WAY to attain games. consoles still rely on physical copies for the vast majority of their sales. the fact is, there are WAY more active psn and xbl accounts compared to steam.

1. You're finding excuses. Even when there is not a steam salse , Steam and other services (battlenet, LOL, origin, etc) combined have more concurrent players than TWO CONSOLES COMBINED. In other words, there is, at all times, more people playing PC than 2 entire consoles online. Amazing.

2. In what category does a console own PC? We have more aaa/aa, aaa/aaE, better gfx, performance, a complete stranglehold on competitive gaming, and the best version of multiplats. It's unanimous.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@treedoor said:

@Lucianu said:

I just think it's a shame when Sega releases games like Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza as Playstation exclusives and they bomb over here, or games like Vanquish and Bayonetta on X360 and PS3 that also bomb, and then they just give up after that point.

PC is Sega's best platform. They might as well give it a shot to put some of their console games on PC. Who knows? It could be that a game like Yakuza might see 200-300k more sales on PC (and much more revenue).

That's exactly what Namco did with Dark Souls. A company near-oblivious to the wants of the PC industry in the west releases Dark Souls to such success that they develop Dark Souls 2 PC-first and they've released a handful of their other titles on PC as well like Ace Combat, Enslaved, Ridge Racer, Naruto Shippuden, Pac-Man, etc.

Hell, if they only release them as digital titles, they would make even more money!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46288 Posts

It's weird how SEGA supports PC with great exclusives like COH and Total War, but at the same time keeps other games exclusive to consoles.

I've never seen Vanquish in any game store I've ever visited. So it would be cool if it was on PC and I could just buy it online.

@Sweenix said:

Perhaps more and more console gamers are switching to PC and they want the same games they could play on consoles + all the games available on PC.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Excellent question. They seemingly spend far more time benchmarking their hardware to show other hermits and signing online petitions than they do actually playing games. The rest of their time is spent waiting at pharmacies for prescription ear medicine and nasal spray.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jankarcop

@Puggy301 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Excellent question. They seemingly spend far more time benchmarking their hardware to show to other hermits and signing online petitions than they do actually playing games. The rest of their time is spent waiting at pharmacies for prescription ear medicine and nasal spray.

This is what consolites have resorted to.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lazerface216

@Jankarcop said:

@lazerface216 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@lazerface216 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Sweenix said:

consoles own your life.

1. You're finding excuses. Even when there is not a steam salse , Steam and other services (battlenet, LOL, origin, etc) combined have more concurrent players than TWO CONSOLES COMBINED. In other words, there is, at all times, more people playing PC than 2 entire consoles online. Amazing.

2. In what category does a console own PC? We have more aaa/aa, aaa/aaE, better gfx, performance, a complete stranglehold on competitive gaming, and the best version of multiplats. It's unanimous.

1. GIVE ME PROOF.

2. ...yet every single major dev caters to us. every single indie dev dreams of working for us. the market revolves around US! deal. with. it.

lol

Avatar image for endlessinfinity
EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 EndlessInfinity
Member since 2013 • 231 Posts

@lazerface216:

oddly enough your asking for proof when you don't even have any yourself

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

No need to beg for games, there are plenty to choose from and even more on the way.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#72 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I played Sonic Generations on the PC and was pretty happy with it. That was a decent port.

Then there was Space Channel 5 2...a game which doesn't even recognise controller input properly and refuses to allow me to alter the resolution or play it in fullscreen (even if I meddle with the config file). That was a terrible port.

More of the former, please.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jankarcop

@lazerface216 said:

...yet every single major dev caters to us. every single indie dev dreams of working for us.

You almost had me. But then I remembered, facts > random SW troll.

Owned.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lazerface216

@endlessinfinity said:

@lazerface216:

oddly enough your asking for proof when you don't even have any yourself

he's making the claim, burden of proof is on him sweetheart.

EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 EndlessInfinity

@lazerface216:

ok what?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Jankarcop

Notice how he skipped the data image.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Why? They'll just pirate it, so they don't really need to lift a finger since people can probably find an Xbox 360 / PS3 emulator if they wanted.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By lazerface216

@Jankarcop said:

@lazerface216 said:

...yet every single major dev caters to us. every single indie dev dreams of working for us.

You almost had me. But then I remembered, facts > random SW troll.

Owned.

yeah, and the vast majority of those are indies devs whose dreams are to one day work on a major console platform (semi-serious quote to **** with you lol).

the irony of the "random SW troll" bit coming from you is truly deafening. you are THE DEFINITION of the random SW troll.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lazerface216

@endlessinfinity said:

@lazerface216:

ok what?

what what?

@Jankarcop said:

Notice how he skipped the data image.

i'm on it honey....

EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 EndlessInfinity

@lazerface216:

meh try harder trolling

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lazerface216

@endlessinfinity said:

@lazerface216:

meh try harder trolling

trolling what? who are you? lol

EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By EndlessInfinity

@lazerface216:

obviously your trying to troll jankarcop

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jankarcop

@lazerface216 said:

yeah, and the vast majority of those are indies devs whose dreams are to one day work on a major console platform (semi-serious quote to **** with you lol).

Link to both of these numbers?

On the flip side, take away PC's "indy-titles" (not sure why you would...) and it still has more aaa/aa and aaa/aaE than consoles, factually.

PC, for gaming, is superior than any other single system. You have to combine consoles to touch its numbers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#84 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@Motokid6
said:

There is one thing ignorant console kids dont seem to understand. Pc gamers ( I will speak for myself atleast ) all own atleast one gaming console. Its not that we cant have these games its that we'd RATHER play these games on our pc's.

Yea, there's a lot console kids don't understand because it isn't explained using a brief in-game tutorial or cutscene.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85  Edited By Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Why you no listen to us!?!?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I wish Shenmue was on Steam.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lucianu

@treedoor said:

@Lucianu said:

Good post. And that's exactly why they need to port these games to more platforms, especially one with seemingly endless longevity such as PC. Look at how many incredible SEGA games of high quality died with the OG Xbox. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, GunValkyrie and so on. The same thing will happen with Valkyria Chronicles, Vanquish and Bayonetta.

These games are easy money, little to no effort to port. Hell, Virtua Fighter 5 runs on Windows on a arcade bord that's practically a PC. Porting it would take no effort, and it would make guaranteed profit for SEGA even if it would sell a couple of thousands.

At least the gaming community is treating this seriously, judging by NeoGAF, Reddit and articles on the net. Unlike a good portion of the shitty, worthless and moronic attention seeking posts that add nothing to the disscusion on this (thankfully) insignificant forum.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#89 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
@lazerface216 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

yep. Rome 2 was just creative assembly being creative assembly. Ruined Aliens? LOL, seems like Gearbox being Gearbox. CoH2 was mostly developed before SEGA made the acquisition, wouldnt be surprised if CoH2s MP design/monetization was intended for a last ditch THQ turnaround.

Well, I'd like to see both Bayonetta and Vanquish on PC now. Hopefully MGS: R does well on PC to let Platinum sort out something with SEGA for a PC release.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

The only game I would like Sega to bring to us is Persona 5. Sega owns Atlus now, so it has no excuses for not bringing it to PC.

a_nevels666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 a_nevels666
Member since 2004 • 1697 Posts

Over 9000 signatures now. Please sign if you haven't yet. :)

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-increase-the-number-of-pc-releases-segapcports

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Gargus said:

But the PC fanboys are always screaming about being the master race, how powerful their big throbbing massive surging PC is, how they get all of the best games and so on constantly. If so then why is it the PC fanboys make more petition to get ports of console games, then the console gamers petition for PC ports? I thought owning a PC meant you didn't touch petty console games and such?

Its simple really peasant.

On occasion, nobility wants to seek the company of the house slaves... its only naturally to have a cheap thrill... once you need a break from the high rolling MMOs, and MoBAs, RTS, Simulators, Shooters, indie and everything inbetween ... one needs the taste the simpler things in life.

For that we demand access to everything on one platform, so we do not need to chow down at Wallmart-Box and burger-station 4.

Meanwhile the peasants pick up their products with a great derpy mouth open stare and ask "Wot iz a Mmumerpubergur?" "Moba? MOBAH FKER moar like" "Ain't that dem strategin gamez wit only 1 unit like innit?" and may not have the ability to use the internet beyond comparing cheap pcs and facebooking their dude bros.