PC Exclusives of 2014-15 , Version 3.0 (No Indie)

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

damn i'm going to be forced to get a gaming pc soon.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@scottpsfan14: You have to remember that those exclusives are paid by Sony and Microsoft.

The days of developers making a game exclusively for one console alone are gone. Nowadays, 3rd party studios will either make for both consoles, or make for one and a pc version. It's all associated with costs. Even then, a console/pc version latter on for the same game or it's sequels is very likely.

As for console games being of higher quality, i'll agree with you to a certain extent. However, besides the usual TPS "action adventure" type games, and some fighting or racing games here and there, there aren't any real high quality exclusives on consoles. Even JRPGs and general japanese games are slowly getting PC versions, even if latter, thanks to digital distribution.

So while games like Uncharted, Sunset Overdrive, Infamous, Bloodbrone, Scalebound, Fable,The Order, Quamtum Break, and even Halo and GeOW to a certain extent, are good and of quality, they follow the general same gameplay paterns. Not that i don't want to play them, i do, specially Bloodborne. But that still stands.

As for being "better", well that's subjective. Killzone is high budget title, and clearly isn't anything special. That's just one, i know, but you get the picture.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#105 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@clyde46 said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

No indies really? Nearly all of these games are from indie developers.

This, however thats not always a bad thing.

Where are the AAA blockbuster titles at?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:

Throughout history, computers have always had more games than any console. The C64 has over 100,000 known games. The Amiga had well over 10,000 games in it's lifetime. Same with DOS PC's at the time. Only thing is, 99% of those games that weren't on consoles looked and played like shit. SNES had consistently good looking games in both multiplats and exclusives. There were no worthless point and click shit or any low budget tripe. Most games on SNES just looked amazing for it's day. Even though it had about 700 games in comparison to the thousands on computers. The same goes for today. While all games nowadays look better than any game of the early 90's, the ratio is still similar. Consoles are the home for big budget games mainly. Very rarely do PC's get an exclusive high budget game in the class of Crysis 1 or Star Citizen. But like today, in the early 90's, DOS used to get really good ports of console games just the same that looked even better than SNES running on a SVGA card. Mirrors today exactly.

So what I'm really saying is, yes PC's do get more exclusive games than consoles, but how many exclusive PC games there will be at the level of Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Uncharted 4, The Order: 1886, DriveClub, Forza H2, BloodBorne, Fable Legends, among others? This is the same situation as consoles in the 90's getting Donkey Kong Country, Sonic games, Axelay, Contra, Metal Slug, and just so many amazing games created by world class names that the PC rarely gets outside of multiplats. These are the facts. Console games are just better for the most part. I'm not saying all PC exclusives are bad, but there is a bigger percentage of good exclusives on consoles mostly.

Most of Snes games were for kids, lol.

I would have picked Doom, Wing Commander, 7th Guest or Warcraft over any console exclusive back then. When I saw my first PC games, Full Throttle and Warcraft, my mind was blown and ditched my snes and became PC Gamer.

And believe me, I like have zero interest in all console exclusives you listed but Bloodborne. But one game is hardly will change the tide. Not even mentining that to play all console exclusives you listed you need to own ALL CONSOLES. And console gaming is the most overpriced over there.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Dat variety. Honestly, that lineup looks very very nice.

Also, it's "A Hat in Time", not "hate" ;)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@clyde46 said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

You mean games from a developer that spends most of its money on ads and marketing?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By jhonMalcovich

Indies means the ones who don't rely on publishers to publish their games. Technically, EA, Ubisoft and Activision are indie devs as they publish their games by themselves.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#110 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

TC this may be an old thread, but can you update the list?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Heil68

@lawlessx said:

@Heil68 said:

@clyde46 said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

You mean games from a developer that spends most of its money on ads and marketing?

Yes, where are those at? Like Crysis, STALKER, COH, SOSE, Star Citizen. ect ect

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 jhonMalcovich

@Heil68 said:

@lawlessx said:

@Heil68 said:

@clyde46 said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

So how are all those indies on PS4, because last time I checked cows have nothing to play except those indies :D

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:

Throughout history, computers have always had more games than any console. The C64 has over 100,000 known games. The Amiga had well over 10,000 games in it's lifetime. Same with DOS PC's at the time. Only thing is, 99% of those games that weren't on consoles looked and played like shit. SNES had consistently good looking games in both multiplats and exclusives. There were no worthless point and click shit or any low budget tripe. Most games on SNES just looked amazing for it's day. Even though it had about 700 games in comparison to the thousands on computers. The same goes for today. While all games nowadays look better than any game of the early 90's, the ratio is still similar. Consoles are the home for big budget games mainly. Very rarely do PC's get an exclusive high budget game in the class of Crysis 1 or Star Citizen. But like today, in the early 90's, DOS used to get really good ports of console games just the same that looked even better than SNES running on a SVGA card. Mirrors today exactly.

So what I'm really saying is, yes PC's do get more exclusive games than consoles, but how many exclusive PC games there will be at the level of Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Uncharted 4, The Order: 1886, DriveClub, Forza H2, BloodBorne, Fable Legends, among others? This is the same situation as consoles in the 90's getting Donkey Kong Country, Sonic games, Axelay, Contra, Metal Slug, and just so many amazing games created by world class names that the PC rarely gets outside of multiplats. These are the facts. Console games are just better for the most part. I'm not saying all PC exclusives are bad, but there is a bigger percentage of good exclusives on consoles mostly.

That's just purely subjective.

I own a lot those console exclusives you listed and I own a lot of PC exclusives too. And guess what, most of my time is spent on PC.

How is The Order built by world class developers and a PC exclusive like Starcraft II Isn't? Please explain this to me.

Just because console exclusives get more hype by the press, and by console gamers, doesn't mean they are better. How is a niche PC exclusive catering to 5 people worse than a broad console exclusive like Halo that caters to millions ?

You can't objectively state that PC exclusives are worse than console exclusives.

We can however objectively state that PC gets more exclusives than consoles.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

why y'all bringing up old shit?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Heil68

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Heil68 said:

@lawlessx said:

@Heil68 said:

@clyde46 said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

So how are all those indies on PS4, because last time I checked cows have nothing to play except those indies :D

I thought PC gamers didn't like indies? KZ SF, Knack, MLB The Show, Infamous SS are not indies FYI.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@Heil68 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Heil68 said:

@lawlessx said:

@Heil68 said:

@clyde46 said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

I thought PC gamers didn't like indies? KZ SF, Knack, MLB The Show, Infamous SS are not indies FYI.

And only Infamous SS got a decent metacritic score, 79.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lostrib

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Heil68 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Well for one thing Infamous SS has an 80 on MC and MLB the show has an 83. At least try to be right if you're going to mock him

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

79 metascore for infamous second son? that's probably a big harsh.

i base this on my imagination, and some pictures of the video game i've seen while using internets.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 lostrib

@CrownKingArthur said:

i base this on my imagination, and some pictures of the video game i've seen while using internets.

that's pretty much how all fanboys judge a game

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Heil68

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Heil68 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Heil68 said:

@lawlessx said:

@Heil68 said:

@clyde46 said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

So? PC dont have exclusive GOTY or perfect 10/10 exclusives either.

To play the BEST of the BEST, the CREAM of the crop, you need consoles. PC just cant seem to get those.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Heil68

@lostrib said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Heil68 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Well for one thing Infamous SS has an 80 on MC and MLB the show has an 83. At least try to be right if you're going to mock him

awwww yeahhhhh

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 CrownKingArthur
@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

that's pretty much how all fanboys judge a game

ah ok so i should just assume they're using that method?

i was wondering why nobody was describing their method for this.

thank you lostrib.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@scottpsfan14 said:

It is subjective. You are correct. I'm more talking about the budget and content of games. I think you knew that anyway. The Order is no masterpiece from what we have seen. I agree. But it has had a considerable amount of time spent developing and the content is of higher quality. Not in terms of what the end user will enjoy, but in terms of what's in the game. You can nitpick at this all day, but the higher budget exclusive games, despite not being objectively better than indie or certain PC exclusives, are more common on consoles. FACT. Multiplats are designed with the consoles as the baseline always. Multiplats are never made with PC as a baseline, or else that would require gimping the game like what happened with Crysis 1 on consoles.

And you could objectively say that Amiga got more exclusives than Megadrive or SNES. But 95% or more of those exclusives were indie developers and PD. Some of them are just as enjoyable as the big budget games of course, but again, as you say, it's all subjective from there. I was just stating the facts. Subjective arguments could go on forever. And i'm not about to start one.

Right

That's a fact yes: console exclusives tend to have a higher budget.

Whether a higher budget makes for a better or more enjoyable game or not is the question. Personally, I preferred Shadow Warrior last year over all the games that had a higher budget. COJ: gunslinger was also very nice, also not that high budget.

COD will probably be the highest budgeted game of this year. Just saying.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By lostrib

@Heil68 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

To play the BEST of the BEST, the CREAM of the crop, you need consoles. PC just cant seem to get those.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Heil68

@lostrib:

Except what I said is factually true.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib:

Indeed.

Btw another fact.

Relatively speaking, PS4 is stronger than most gaming PC's.

Hermits:"Bu..bu..bu...we aree masterraceee!!!" LOL

PC has been reduced to an indie dumpster and is nothing more than an afterthought to the big devs. But hey atleast they have moba games LOLLL

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lostrib

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib:

You're a master baiter

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 CrownKingArthur

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Heil68

@lostrib:

I'm flattered. :D

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Lol keep up with your delusions. When was the last time PC won GOTY on GS or any major gaming site?...right

Keep begging for GTA V though LOL

Funny how you completely ignored my comment earlier about GOTYs .

Funny how every hermit ignores my question.

But pls repeat your comment.

GOTY is still nothing more then a pool of opinions. and every site/publication has their own. If a platform had only 1 game that came out every 2 years but it always won GOTY is that better then one that has 3-4 good games come out every year? Its still all a list of opinion. And some of the games in the OP look pretty darn good.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lostrib

@Suppaman100 said:

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib:

Indeed.

Btw another fact.

Relatively speaking, PS4 is stronger than most gaming PC's.

Bait overload

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Heil68: So first we're talking about Metacritic, now it's GS scores? Ok, then, MGS4 and SMG2 are on 2 different consoles. So, to play the best of teh best, you need multiple platforms. One console alone is not enough. Ironiclly, the highest MC scored game is Ocarina of Time, which on PC you can emulate. But you'll need an actual N64 consoles otherwise. Or a 3DS.

And, this year, PC as the highest rated exclusive on MC, Kentuchy Route Zero, at 91, which i haven't played it, because i'm waiting for it too finish, instead of getting in a cliffhanger. Atleast so far.

Also forgot GW2 GOTY in 2012, and Stanley Parable won a couple last year. But i'm still waiting for someone to tell where's the consoels game of the decade.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 R4gn4r0k

@Heil68 said:

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/31/multiplayer-game-of-the-year-rising-storm/

Rising storm is a PC exclusive

Rising storm won GOTY

Therefore, what you said is factually incorrect

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Heil68

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

Here on GS where their scores are the only ones that matter in SW.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

:D

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 lostrib

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

...but PC does have exclusive GOTY

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 R4gn4r0k

@scottpsfan14 said:

Well it's like the argument of liking indie bands better than Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, U2, The Beatles, etc. No rule book says that the 'legendary' bands are better than an Indie band that can still really play and create catchy tunes, but will that band impact people on a wider scale than the legends? Will Starcraft II, while some people favor it over anything else, go down in the books as another TLOZ: OoT? Will it impact as many people as what TLOU has? Or will it fill up a few hours of your spare time in an enjoyable manner? Ask yourself these questions. I know that story has a lot to do with the Impact. And you could argue that a game is about the gameplay primarily. But I'm tired and I have created one too many branches of arguments..

But a higher budget does not necessarily mean better gameplay. Where do you get that from ?

I'm sorry but did Starcraft 1 not go in the history books ?

Did Civilisation not go in the history books ?

What about Age of Empires II ? Doom ? Wolfenstein 3D ? Half Life ? Max Payne ? endless list is endless.

You're making it seem like PC is nothing but indie bands and consoles is nothing but AC/DCs. Let me tell you, bluntly, that comparison was absolute shit.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Heil68

@lostrib said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

oh yeah? What did i miss, WOW? What about perfect 10/10 exclusive games then?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

Oh my PC won a GOTY from PCGAMER...who would've guessed that...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 R4gn4r0k

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

That's not what you said in your original statement though.

You were talking about GOTYs in general, and PC does get those. So if you want to play the cream of the crop, PC has got you covered ;)

Which exclusive won GOTY on gamespot last year ?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#142  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Ha PC having quality games yea right

I'm kidding btw

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lostrib

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

hey, a goty exclusive is a goty exclusive.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Heil68

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

That's not what you said in your original statement though.

You were talking about GOTYs in general, and PC does get those. So if you want to play the cream of the crop, PC has got you covered ;)

Which exclusive won GOTY on gamespot last year ?

when speaking GOTY and perfect 10/10 games in SW's, GS scores are the only ones that matter.

ALTTP on 3DS won last year.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By CrownKingArthur

the stanley parable got a goty award as well. but that's not important, what important is:

Will The Stanley Parable receive an endorsement from CrownKingArthur?

The answer is yes.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 R4gn4r0k

@Suppaman100 said:

Oh my PC won a GOTY from PCGAMER...who would've guessed that...

They are not obligated to give it to an exclusive. They could've given it to a multiplat too.

Yes, your comment is starting to look rather stupid right now...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

So, PC as the best games the, since it's GS only. Just checking. As for GOTY, i continue to ask sir, where is your console game fo the decade?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Heil68

@lostrib said:

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

hey, a goty exclusive is a goty exclusive.

True! Now what about perfect 10/10 exclusive?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Heil68

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Rising storm won GOTY

So, PC as the best games the, since it's GS only. Just checking. As for GOTY, i continue to ask sir, where is your console game fo the decade?

Does GS have a game of the decade award? And PC does not have any perfect 10/10 exclusives.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 R4gn4r0k

@CrownKingArthur said:

the stanley parable got a goty award as well. but that's not important, what important is:

Will The Stanley Parable receive an endorsement from CrownKingArthur?

The answer is yes.

I wish someone would make a Half Life mod for the stanley parable