Pachter: EA Bet On The Wrong Horse

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

We don't even know sales for the other consoles, and it has not even been 4 months yet. Good googagly johnny mcbasket seeds.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Wasdie said:

Titanfall isn't enough to convince a lot of people to buy an Xbox One. The vast majority of Titanfall's intended audience are people who already have an Xbox 360 for games like CoD and Battlefield. Unless these people are already set on buying an Xbox One, paying $499 for a single game on a console which has as lot less hype is a difficult pill to swallow.

I have a feeling that Titanfall is going to do the best on the 360 as a lot of people aren't going to bother buying Xbox Ones just to play one game. They'll just stick to the 360 as it's cheaper.

If you look at the Xbox One's current lineup of games it's not that impressive. Forza is niche like all racing sims, Dead Rising 3 is the sequel to a pretty small genre, Killer Instinct is not a huge franchise either. I'm not saying Killzone and Knack are big and popular exclusives either, so the race really comes down to multiplats like CoD, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, and in the future games like Watch Dogs, The Division, and Destiny. People know they can get them on a console that costs $100 less.

Titanfall just isn't enough especially since it too has a more specific audience than something like CoD or Battlefield.

EA did bet on the wrong horse. They looked at the Xbox 360's early success and just determined that Microsoft was going to repeat while Sony was probably going to blunder like they did last generation. The exact opposite is true.

This is very confusing.

So you say people arent going to buy an xbox one in order to play titanfall because its available for their old system. Then go on to say the reason people are buying PS4s is for multiplats available on their old system.

You make no sense boi.

He makes perfect sense actually. PS4 runs all the popular multiplats best (PC not included of course) meanwhile Xbone has the inferior multiplats and costs $100 more. Looks like people are more willing to pay less and get all the popular multiplats at their console best than pay more for one multiplat game (Titanfall) and inferior multiplats.

Popular multiplats like COD,BF, AC, etc. are what's driving the sales for PS4 right now especially when you consider this gen has gone on for so long and people are tired of PS3/360. Then there's also the promise of better exclusives form Sony's world class 1st party studios. It's not really hard to see why the PS4 is selling like crack.

Right but the point is people are clearly willing to buy new consoles for better looking multiplats available on their current system, and for anyone looking to buy a next gen system for that reason... if titanfall is a game you are interested in, it offers a compelling reason to purchase an xbox one, especially since its being bundled for free.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

@I_can_haz said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Wasdie said:

Titanfall isn't enough to convince a lot of people to buy an Xbox One. The vast majority of Titanfall's intended audience are people who already have an Xbox 360 for games like CoD and Battlefield. Unless these people are already set on buying an Xbox One, paying $499 for a single game on a console which has as lot less hype is a difficult pill to swallow.

I have a feeling that Titanfall is going to do the best on the 360 as a lot of people aren't going to bother buying Xbox Ones just to play one game. They'll just stick to the 360 as it's cheaper.

If you look at the Xbox One's current lineup of games it's not that impressive. Forza is niche like all racing sims, Dead Rising 3 is the sequel to a pretty small genre, Killer Instinct is not a huge franchise either. I'm not saying Killzone and Knack are big and popular exclusives either, so the race really comes down to multiplats like CoD, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, and in the future games like Watch Dogs, The Division, and Destiny. People know they can get them on a console that costs $100 less.

Titanfall just isn't enough especially since it too has a more specific audience than something like CoD or Battlefield.

EA did bet on the wrong horse. They looked at the Xbox 360's early success and just determined that Microsoft was going to repeat while Sony was probably going to blunder like they did last generation. The exact opposite is true.

This is very confusing.

So you say people arent going to buy an xbox one in order to play titanfall because its available for their old system. Then go on to say the reason people are buying PS4s is for multiplats available on their old system.

You make no sense boi.

He makes perfect sense actually. PS4 runs all the popular multiplats best (PC not included of course) meanwhile Xbone has the inferior multiplats and costs $100 more. Looks like people are more willing to pay less and get all the popular multiplats at their console best than pay more for one multiplat game (Titanfall) and inferior multiplats.

Popular multiplats like COD,BF, AC, etc. are what's driving the sales for PS4 right now especially when you consider this gen has gone on for so long and people are tired of PS3/360. Then there's also the promise of better exclusives form Sony's world class 1st party studios. It's not really hard to see why the PS4 is selling like crack.

Right but the point is people are clearly willing to buy new consoles for better looking multiplats available on their current system, and for anyone looking to buy a next gen system for that reason... if titanfall is a game you are interested in, it offers a compelling reason to purchase an xbox one, especially since its being bundled for free.

Yea Titanfall is a compelling reason to get an Xbone if you don't already own a gaming PC or are trying to upgrade your 360 to an Xbone. It will help Xbone sales this month and parts of next month but the fact it's not a true exclusive will hamper its system selling capabilities. I expect software sales for Titanfall to be strong but I don't see it making enough of a difference with hardware sales. M$ needs to drop Kinect and lower price if they really want a rebound in hardware sales.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

If this is about Titanfall then it's almost definitely going to be ported.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#105 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

He's absolutely right. If I were a dev and saw the sales number, I'd want to make suse my game is on PS4 considering it's only outselling every other next gen console but it's going to have a beefy user base by the end of the year.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By TigerSuperman

@Big_Pecks said:

If this is about Titanfall then it's almost definitely going to be ported.

If it fails. Which I doubt. The only thing that COULD preventing 500,000+ on day one and good sales is the PC version, but it REQUIRES origin, and so, nah.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

How did EA bet on the wrong horse?

All the lemmings are going to buy this game on Xbox One, and all the cows are going to buy this game on their high-end PCs that they all own.

Putting this game on the PS4 would be pointless.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

cow obsession with titanfall reaching new heights

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

Titanfall will sell X1's PERIOD. The matter is how many? I think MS is hoping to get a mill over the next two months. Well see. I don't have a clue how many bundle orders have been made. The game itself will sell over 1 mill fast though. I expect a 33-50% attachment for this game

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

Also, EA is going to make a crapload off this game. Don't think for a second they are upset lolz.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Titanfall will be on the PS4 Fall/Holidays 2014. EA and Respawn have way, way, way too much money to lose by not putting this game on the PS4!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Titanfall will be on the PS4 Fall/Holidays 2014. EA and Respawn have way, way, way too much money to lose by not putting this game on the PS4!

haven't they already said it's not coming? Titanfall 2 will

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 TigerSuperman

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Anyone dumb enough not to think that Titanfall isn't coming to the PS4 this Fall should just sell their gaming consoles and become an origami master! EA and Respawn have way, way, way too much money to lose by not putting this title on the PS4 in time for the Holidays 2014.

Anyone dumb enough to think that a game paid for will go multiplat in less than 1.7 years when that limit has never been lower ever, such as yourself, has lost all their marbles. In fact, you don't even have enough marble for mancolumn or whatever that game is called.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TigerSuperman

@lancex2 said:

Titanfall will sell X1's PERIOD. The matter is how many? I think MS is hoping to get a mill over the next two months. Well see. I don't have a clue how many bundle orders have been made. The game itself will sell over 1 mill fast though. I expect a 33-50% attachment for this game

They need at least 500,000 day one on Xbox One or more. Any lower (unless it's s.light slight 489,000) will show there was no momentum.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#116  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

@Wasdie said:

This is very confusing.

You make no sense boi.

They aren't buying the PS4 for the multiplats, they are buying it because it's cheaper and plays all of the game series that they really want, with maybe the exception of Titanfall. I don't believe Titanfall has enough pull to convince people to spend $100 over a PS4 if they already can buy the game on their Xbox 360.

There is also the general hype train to consider. It seems the PS4 has generated more buzz. That has a large influence on the market.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Wasdie  Moderator

@I_can_haz said:

Yea Titanfall is a compelling reason to get an Xbone if you don't already own a gaming PC or are trying to upgrade your 360 to an Xbone. It will help Xbone sales this month and parts of next month but the fact it's not a true exclusive will hamper its system selling capabilities. I expect software sales for Titanfall to be strong but I don't see it making enough of a difference with hardware sales. M$ needs to drop Kinect and lower price if they really want a rebound in hardware sales.

That's assuming that people want to go from an Xbox 360 to an Xbox One. The market shows that people are a lot more hesitant to jump on to the Xbox One bandwagon.

No doubt Titanfall will move some Xbox Ones, but I don't think it will have a huge game changing effect.. This is also assuming Titanfall can successfully break into the market and gobble up a big share of it. That's doubtful. While it will be successful, I don't see it kicking out any major player, just diversifying the field a bit more.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Patcher doesn't realise most people have a platform to play Titanfall on. I don't really see how they bet on the wrong horses. Not releasing on the PS4 isn't going to hurt them. Plus and most likely Titanfall 2 will be released on PS4. In 4 years everyone will be playing Titanfall 2 with campaign co-op and of course the bread and butter multiplayer.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BeardMaster

@Wasdie said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Wasdie said:

This is very confusing.

You make no sense boi.

They aren't buying the PS4 for the multiplats, they are buying it because it's cheaper and plays all of the game series that they really want, with maybe the exception of Titanfall. I don't believe Titanfall has enough pull to convince people to spend $100 over a PS4 if they already can buy the game on their Xbox 360.

There is also the general hype train to consider. It seems the PS4 has generated more buzz. That has a large influence on the market.

The titanfall bundle means anyone planning to purchase titanfall really is only paying a $40 premium (titanfall for 360 + PS4 = $460). Which considering you get a kinect for that $40 is a pretty decent value.

Although the impact of titanfall is likely going to depend on how big of a diehard fanbase it generates, which remains to be seen. But for anyone addicted to a game, they will gladly drop an extra $40 on it... COD map packs sell like hotcakes.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@lostrib said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

haven't they already said it's not coming? Titanfall 2 will

Oh for sure ;).

Maybe if "Patcher" idea doesn't fit, we could get another analyst. ;) ;)

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@lancex2:

But of you really think Microsoft paid them more to keep it off the PS3/PS4 then it would have earned on those platforms? Keep in mind that any potential earnings beyond what Microsoft paid them is now a loss regardless of how profitable the game is.

This backfire also leaves open an easier window for a game like Destiny to become the household name for the 8th generation instead.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@BeardMaster said:

The titanfall bundle means anyone planning to purchase titanfall really is only paying a $40 premium (titanfall for 360 + PS4 = $460). Which considering you get a kinect for that $40 is a pretty decent value.

Although the impact of titanfall is likely going to depend on how big of a diehard fanbase it generates, which remains to be seen. But for anyone addicted to a game, they will gladly drop an extra $40 on it... COD map packs sell like hotcakes.

I'm not saying they are going to purchase a PS4. What I'm saying that if they are on the fence about a next gen console and don't want to commit to one, Titanfall won't be enough to convince them to buy an Xbox One. They'll just pick up the game on the Xbox 360 and continue to wait and see what happens with the new consoles. I don't believe Titanfall is enough to convince the average person who enjoys shooters (the intended market) that Titanfall is worth $500.

Basically I don't think it's a system seller. It will push a bunch of people who were already intending on buying Xbox Ones to finally purchase, but it's not going to be bringing in new consumers who were previously not interested in the Xbox One.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Ah, yes, another thread where Cows pretend that they don't care about being unable to play an excellent game by... doing nothing but posting about it.

How pathetic.

Truthfully, though, EA did bet on the wrong horse. Sony turned their shit around and actually learned from their mistakes, but I guess you kind of have to do that when you're forced to sell buildings to post a profit. They really do need to fix their TV business.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 lostrib

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lancex2:

But of you really think Microsoft paid them more to keep it off the PS3/PS4 then it would have earned on those platforms? Keep in mind that any potential earnings beyond what Microsoft paid them is now a loss regardless of how profitable the game is.

This backfire also leaves open an easier window for a game like Destiny to become the household name for the 8th generation instead.

pretty sure Titanfall and Destiny are two different styles of games, and serve different purposes. Not to mention Destiny isn't launching for another 6 months

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Murderstyle75

@lostrib:

Doesn't matter since they are both Sci-Fi shooters with huge multiplayer emphases regardless of play style. And while Destiny isn't launching for another 6 months, the Beta is right around the corner, more people will own next gen consoles by the time it releases and it will be the newer holiday title. The fourth quarter is when sales are at their peak. This is why your COD's, Battlefields, GTA's and Halo's release during this period and not in the spring when its getting warm outside.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lostrib

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

Doesn't matter since they are both Sci-Fi shooters with huge multiplayer emphases regardless of play style. And while Destiny isn't launching for another 6 months, the Beta is right around the corner, more people will own next gen consoles by the time it releases and it will be the newer holiday title. The fourth quarter is when sales are at their peak. This is why your COD's, Battlefields, GTA's and Halo's release during this period and not in the spring when its getting warm outside.

Actually it matters quite a bit.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Murderstyle75

@lostrib:

Please explain. How exactly is Titanfall and Destiny attracting different people? This isn't Halo vs Need 4 Speed were talking about. COD and Battlefield are different play styles as well however they are still in direct competition. They are both military shooters.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 lostrib

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

Please explain. How exactly is Titanfall and Destiny attracting different people? This isn't Halo vs Need 4 Speed were talking about. COD and Battlefield are different play styles as well however they are still in direct competition. They are both military shooters.

Well Destiny is an action RPG FPS with MMO elements, and not much is known about any PVP elements. On the other hand, Titanfall is an arcadey, arena style shooter with quick rounds and both TDM and objective based game modes. Also, once again they are 6 months apart, which leaves plenty of time for purchases of both.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@I_can_haz said:

That's assuming that people want to go from an Xbox 360 to an Xbox One. The market shows that people are a lot more hesitant to jump on to the Xbox One bandwagon.

No doubt Titanfall will move some Xbox Ones, but I don't think it will have a huge game changing effect.. This is also assuming Titanfall can successfully break into the market and gobble up a big share of it. That's doubtful. While it will be successful, I don't see it kicking out any major player, just diversifying the field a bit more.

True, true. I agree with all your points. I see Titanfall being successful but not successful enough to turn the tide away from PS4. There's just too much hype behind PS4 for one game to slow it down.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lostrib

@Strutten said:

@ni6htmare01: Yet, thi a trend from a computer and most cows spewing Yet again how Come? ohh i forgot cows are masters at twisting things as they please? I would be embarrased too feel the need bending stuff, just too justify a purchase of mine or just to bash an entertainment console. Cheers

learn2english, plox

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By BeardMaster

@Wasdie said:

@BeardMaster said:

I'm not saying they are going to purchase a PS4. What I'm saying that if they are on the fence about a next gen console and don't want to commit to one, Titanfall won't be enough to convince them to buy an Xbox One. They'll just pick up the game on the Xbox 360 and continue to wait and see what happens with the new consoles. I don't believe Titanfall is enough to convince the average person who enjoys shooters (the intended market) that Titanfall is worth $500.

Basically I don't think it's a system seller. It will push a bunch of people who were already intending on buying Xbox Ones to finally purchase, but it's not going to be bringing in new consumers who were previously not interested in the Xbox One.

Whelp, guess the only thing to do is wait and see.

I expect the titanfall bundle to sell alot of consoles to people on the fence. If you are a shooter fan, you probably bought COD/BF4 for your last gen console because you didnt want to wait for next gen consoles to be readily available, and if you didnt preorder you especially were boned. Titanfall is the first big shooter where the average consumer will look on the shelf see a bunch of next gen consoles and scratch their head wondering if maybe now is the time to stop buying games for a console on its way out and make the move to upgrade.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 BeardMaster
@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

COD and Battlefield are incredibly similar...

I dont know alot about destiny, but i thought it was supposed to be like borderlands.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Murderstyle75

@lostrib:

Not exactly because COD is much more Arcady then Battlefield. And do a quick Google search. There are a gazillion Titanfall vs Destiny threads and articles from everybody including Forbes.

And Destiny isn't Borderlands. Borderlands is Co-op only. Destiny has both cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes.

And even if its not Destiny. The generation has just begun. For all we know, E3 could hold yet another game that will knock its socks off in both gameplay and interest. Something playable on all platforms and not just limited to one. Do you honestly think COD would have achieved its success and following as an exclusive? By the time Titanfall has the opportunity to surpass or even come close to COD, the leading console may have moved on.

With competitive multiplayer shooters, people generally play one or the other. Not both usually. Especially when the play styles are different, making it harder to adapt. Not saying Titanfall will be a failure. Only saying that this dumb ass EA move could have very well cost the franchise billions of dollars in the long run which could very well go somewhere else.

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

@treedoor said:

All the lemmings are going to buy this game on Xbox One, and all the cows are going to buy this game on their high-end PCs that they all own.

Yes making more money is pointless.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#138 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

If PS4 is generation 8, then PC is generation 9. But anyway, anyone who'll have the chance to play Titanfall should be in CLOUD 9 regardless of platform!

Gamers win, fanboys lose!

I can play Titanfall on two different platforms, and I have already played it. It is nothing special. Has nothing to do with gamers or fanboys, it has to do with your preference in games. If you like CoD it should be right up your ally (minus the constant unlocks of course).

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#139  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

EA is being run by idiots ( no wonder its named the worst gaming company out there ).. they had a good chance to destroy Activision with TF if it was on all platforms i mean even 3DS and Vita just imagine the big sales but what ya know its EA.

Hey at least they didn't take worst company three years in a row... lol

Someone else took the honor last year.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I think it is safe to say that you are not going to see exclusive to any console from EA for a long long time after this

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#141 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Only cows care about pachter. And he is an idiot.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tighaman said:

the only reason titan fall isn't on the ps4 is because they online structure sucks they are still using ps3 as servers for some of their games that's not going to cut it they just cant afford servers right now

No is because MS pay EA a truck full of money as well to Respawn,games like Resistance 2 supported 60 player online MS games on 2008 were not even close to that kind of numbers in players online and they freaking charge you $50 back then for their crappy online,hell 8 players co-op resistance 2 supported no 360 game does that hell not xbox one game either,and they were done on PS3 servers..hahahaha

@MBirdy88 said:

@pelvist nice opinion but you are a minority of those who have played it...

"pretty weak compared to sonys first party" what you mean those games that won't release until 2015? so they should not market anything prior? no wonder sony is in the red.

Infamous is a b grade franchise that may well sell tons because there is litterally nothing else... and if killzone is any indication people are desperate to prove "how good their new console is" in the graphics department.... shame about the gameplay.

I bet titanfall would sell better on PS4 than the next uncharted would... (hypothetically ofcourse).

What is up with this broken forum? cant reply/quote people half the time.

Cover your self your inner lemming is showing...

Infamous in both 1 and 2 chapter are higher rated the the bunch of filth the xbox one got on launch,and that include their top end Racing Forza which score 79% across the net a huge drop from the 90% it use to have with other chapters.

The PS4 doesn't have a great selection of games to play that can't be deny,in fact is the reason i don't own 1 yet,but MS isn't doing any better and Titanfall is not even an exclusive you certainly don't need an xbox one for it or $560 either.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

Not true with all the sales they will be losing from not supporting the leading console platform. Not only is that a fortune lost from millions of copies not sold but it also gives other titles a better chance at becoming this generations household name. There are also reports that Vince Zampilla was outraged by EA's back door deal with Microsoft.

MS could cover EA's losses ten times over dude and vince Zampilla can get as outraged as he likes EA are going to make huge bank doing exclusive deals with MS regardless of whether the game sells or not

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@I_can_haz said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Wasdie said:

This is very confusing.

You make no sense boi.

Ironic considering lems where slated for saying they bought the 360 for superior multiplats and because it was the cheaper console.

So last gen Lems where pretty smart, they bought the cheaper machine with the superior multiplats.

Besides, that 100 quid more crap doesn't apply over here anymore, unfortunately the inferior multiplat crap does still apply to the Xbone

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By tormentos

@delta3074 said:

you are aware that SONY have pulled some pretty bad Anti gaming practices in the past, between them and MS they forced Sega out of the gaming market and SONY even tried pushing nintendo out of the gaming market by buying out virtually every multiplat game as exclusive for the PS1.

Every company is only after your money, if you believe otherwise then you clearly do not have a clue how business works.

Also, please name these 'anti gaming' practices that MS are guilty of, i am curious to here your take on this.

Yeah sony did some very bad anti gaming practices lets see...

1-The PS1 was cheaper than the 3DO,cheaper than the Sega CD,cheaper than the Saturn which was like $400.

2-With games that were cheaper than Sega CD games,cheaper than Nintendo and Sega cardtrige games which were $70 and $80,cheaper than Saturn games that were $70 and $80 to.

3-Lower the price its console to keep Nintendo and Sega in check from monopolizing prices,bring new competition to a market that was stagnated,and took gaming to the main stream,like no other game console did before.

Now let analyze that horrible notion that sony pay to keep every single game exclusive for PS1.

First of all Sony DIN'T pay for all its exclusives,sony had a royalty system in place where royalties were dirt low,Nintendo and Sega on the other hand had royalties that were high,and Nintendo had some policies which in some cases were Draconian to developers,when sony came in it was like a ray of light for those developers who on masses flock to the PS,even that it was unknown in the gaming market and new,Sony just present developers with a good damn deal,here make game and you have this royalties which are very low and in some cases non if the deal was good enough for sony.

The first impact that had was lower prices of games,PS1 games were $49.99 and first party $39.99 in most instances,how in hell what that bad for the gaming market.? Games started to move more,and people begin to buy more consoles since games were cheaper.

Another thing you seem to miss is how Sony presented gaming to adults,before that games were a kids thing and had that moniker stick to it,with sony gamers that were 12 or 13 when the Nes came,were young adults when the PS1 hit and they wanted some games that were more adult oriented.

Hell many of those games which you say sony pay for,were born on PS1 and had a legacy on other games,tell me NBA games would be what they are not without games like In the Zone from Konami.?

Another wrong thing you say is claiming that MS and Sony force Sega out of the gaming market,no that is not even close to be truth,Sega kicked them self out of the market,why because they made a costly add on that they sold to people and didn't support they did it twice,32X,Sega CD,and then they make a console that was $400 on launch which they also barely support and kill it in favor of another just a few years latter it was the last draw,sega was a victim of its self,it wasn't pretty for those who bough those sega consoles and peripheral only to get kill and go basically unsupported.

And Nintendo had it coming,i was a N64 owner since day 1,and games on N64 continue the damn tradition of been $70,worse they bet on the wrong format because they were to hard headed,and after breaking the deal with sony and also with Phillips they got what they deserve a well earned loss.

If it wasn't for sony we would still be paying $70 and $80 for games,the move sony did helped games more than the other way around and it took the industry where Sega and Nintendo combined never took it.

Every company is after your money,that doesn't mean that there aren't some that are far worse than others,MS fall right there with the worse,just like Apple has for years,charging top dollars for over priced crap.

Because if it has an Apple logo it most be expensive,no matter if it cost apple $3 cent to build it and it was build in the worse factory in China.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Cant wait to play Titanfall on 3/11.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 tormentos
@delta3074 said:

The only ignorant person here is you

'The report says one of Sony’s copy protection system uses cloaked files to hide deep inside Windows, similar to files used by computer virus writers to hide code from anti-virus scanners.

Although resembling a virus, the hidden files are generated by an anti-copying system called Extended Copy Protection (XCP), which has been criticised for being poorly written software that cannot be uninstalled. However, Sony says there are ways of removing the software and says the latest versions of XCP have moved away from using hidden files.'

http://mybroadband.co.za/nephp/1128.html

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/17/youre-all-being-played-bleszinski-slams-sonys-lack-of-used-game-blockers-as-a-pr-tactic/

http://www.screwattack.com/news/sony-has-filed-anti-used-games-patent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

SONY is such a Saintly company eh?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/17/youre-all-being-played-bleszinski-slams-sonys-lack-of-used-game-blockers-as-a-pr-tactic/

This link ^^ is a joke and is nothing more and a MS suck up Cliffy B trying to downplay sony on something MS was trying to do..

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/21/ps4-will-not-blocked-used-games-yoshida-confirms/

Here Yoshida on February 21 confirming that use games would work on PS4,it is morons like Cliffy B who didn't pay attention to what sony was saying,Sony played MS like fools,a patent mean sh** without implementation,the PS4 didn't need a patch to remover DRM no it was the xbox one because it was build around it,hell didn't MS had a patent with Kinect that involved Kinect scanning your living room to see if a movie only allowed 4 person and that if a fifth was present the movie would stop.?

I guess patent are only real when sony make them,sony also had a patent for dual GPU does the PS4 has dual GPU.?

Patents mean little.

And the whole Root kit is a joke is the only damn crappy thing fanboys like you can pull up..

SCE and Sony Music were 2 different divisions from sony,in fact the PS1 and Ps2 both supported CD games,and non ever had that root kit crap,so how did Root kit affect me as a gamer.? Yeah in no freaking way,now hiding multiplayers under a pay wall and setting a precedent on it did hurt me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@tormentos You can keep saying "inner lemming" all you like. when in reality we are in the same boat. I will be getting a PS4 around August maybe.... providing Destiny turns out to be good. because you know... its not available on PC... so in that scenario hermits lose. But yea... keep saying I am a lemming. I'm just speaking the fact.... that Cows are missing out on an amazing game regardless.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@treedoor said:

Actually, the analyst was talking about the plan of putting this game originally on PS3 and PS4. 87million users (82 mill PS3 + 5 mill PS4) was his point. That audience was cut out in lieu of a deal made behind the scenes with M$. I only quoted you to tell you about the article stating both user bases as lost sales, not just the one user base.

I'll quote the article posted by the TC:

"Microsoft's decision to include the Kinect 2.0 has not only increased the barrier of entry for consumers, but placed risk on publishers as well. Titanfall would fare a lot better by being available to the 82 million PS3 and 5 million PS4 owners around the world. Unfortunately, it'll have to settle with less than half of that."

---

It doesn't affect me either way, as I have multiple systems to buy this game for if I choose to, but I just noticed what the article said.