Official SSX HYPE Thread!!! (GAMESPOT REVIEW: 8.5!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

a skating game? :?

finalstar2007

It's as if you enjoy making yourself look stupid... :|

blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#202 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts
i predict a 9.0 from gamespot. and i cannot wait for this game to hit store shelves . absolutely loved ssx on tour on ps2
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#203 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I kinda want this but then there's GW2 coming soon as well as FFXIII-2.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I kinda want this but then there's GW2 coming soon as well as FFXIII-2.

-Unreal-

SSX > GW2 > FFXIII-2 (to be honest I have no idea, as I still have yet to play FF XIII and GW2 looks awesome) :P

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I can't wait for this game. Been awhile since I've played SSX, those games were so fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#206 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

WOW poeple are excited for this crap? a skating game? :?

lol anyways i see it as 3/10 game but hope the fans enjoy it, i really dont get the fans of sport games :P

finalstar2007

Crap? ._.

finalstar...

This game is amazing, it's an arcade-y snowboarding game,nota traditional sports game.It looks very very fun.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It looks pretty cool but I tend to hate sports games, still not sure wheter or not I should get it :S

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 NaveedLife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG_JhunRtjU&feature=player_embedded

New video showing off patagonia.

khanabyss25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 khanabyss25
Member since 2004 • 279 Posts

game looks solid,, but im boycotting EA anyways... have had too much bad experiences with that company

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 NaveedLife

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/01/20/ign-live-presents-ssx

IGN's hour long play session.

At one point about in the middle the guy is asked if the gear is character specific, and says that all characters can use the same gear. But I am a bit confused, as he is pointing out wingsuits and stuff. I doubt anyone can wear Mac's hoodies and so on, but maybe I am wrong :P. Also, I am not sure I like the characters inherent stats, although it probably is not a big deal. I just don't feel I should have to use Mac for trick events, because he spins a little faster. But with that said, maybe speed makes up for that if you play right, allowing for bigger air which negates the slightly less spin. Hmmm lol.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

This is who I want as DLC:

Maya

If they can make that happen, I'd be very grateful. I don't care if they make her look more realistic, I just want my character playable. :cry:

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 NaveedLife

Maya

If they can make that happen, I'd be very grateful. I don't care if they make her look more realistic, I just want my character playable. :cry:

nini200

I hate the character art in Blur! Was she in Blur only, or before that?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

Maya

NaveedLife

I hate the character art in Blur! Was she in Blur only, or before that?

She first appeared in Blur. I don't care about the graphic $tyle they choose, just put her in the game. :cry: Whhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy EA? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did you leave her out? Whhyyyyyyyyyy :cry:

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 NaveedLife

As you all probably know, they let you make your own music lists. What you may not know, is that you can make seperate lists for Race, Trick, and Survive. In addition to that, it auto remixes these songs as well, just as it does the songs that come with the game.

So what are you guys going to make for music lists? Here is a sample of mine.

Race

Way Away – Yellowcard

Can't Get My Head Around You – The Offspring

The Good Left Undone – Rise Against

Good Times – Finger Eleven

FSOS – The Exies

Laid – New Medicine

Polyamorous – Breaking Benjamin

Superstar II – Saliva

Faint – Linkin Park

Sold Me - Seether

Gasoline – Seether

Afterlife – Avenged Sevenfold

Trick

Mountain Man – Crash Kings

Not Your Fault – Awolnation

Soul Wars - Awolnation

E-Pro – Beck

New Skin – Incubus

Club Foot – Kasabian

Creatures (For A While) – 311

Getchoo – Weezer

Icky Thump – The White Stripes

Little Cream Soda – The White Stripes

Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand

Survive

Eyes Wide Open – Staind

Can't Believe - Staind

Your Betrayal – Bullet For My Valentine

Determined – Mudvayne

Unbroken – Killswitch Engage

Rose of Sharyn – Killswitch Engage

Buck Dich – Rammstein

Spit It Out – Slipknot

Surfacing - Slipknot

Opium Of The People – Slipknot

This Calling – All That Remains

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
I need this game now.. I found out yesterday that although its listed as released Feb, It doesnt hit stores here until 3rd March :( Im in the UK, so everyone else here has to wait to lol. If I just ruined your day, sorry.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 NaveedLife

Anybody? What will your custom playlist(s) look like? Will you be separating the songs for Race, Trick, and Survive, or just making one pool? Does your music reflect the character you are playing as? Mine does, since I play as Zoe :).

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#217 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Anybody? What will your custom playlist(s) look like? Will you be separating the songs for Race, Trick, and Survive, or just making one pool? Does your music reflect the character you are playing as? Mine does, since I play as Zoe :).

NaveedLife

I was throwing one together yesterday.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/SSX/66668660

Might add some more in the same vein.

As for who this music reflects, Eddie. Clearly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

race it:

pantera - the art of shredding
anubis gate - find a way or make one
lostprophets - to hell we ride
mudvayne - determined
primal fear - rollercoaster
rob zombie - demon speeding
sevendust - ride insane
within temptation - faster
W.E.T. - Just go
Shadows Fall - Enlightened By the Cold
Incubus - Pardon Me

trick it:

in flames - trigger
infectious grooves - what goes up
jamiroquai - high times
mighty mighty bosstones - go big
pretty maids - anything worth doing is worth overdoing
soilwork - overload
sugar ray - fly
van halen - jump
green jelly - the bear song
Fergie - London Bridge (The Heavy Remix)
New Radicals - Gotta Stay High

survive it:

hammmerfall - fury of the wild
chevelle - send the pain below
delain - control the storm
demon hunter - not ready to die
nonpoint - miracle
halcyon way - I fought the world
powerman 5000 - danger is go
saliva - survival of the sickest
voyager - seize the day
pressure 4-5 - Beat the World
winterborn - wildheart
P.O.D. - Southtown

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 NaveedLife

New videos here. Kaori's Uber trick and SSX TV Spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X2zBzbMTywM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IWfRZasFjqA

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts
I am very hyped for this game. Looking at the gameplay vids, my only concern is that they may have gone OTT with the tricks? The SSX games had both awesome tricks and great courses that demanded skillful board control on the snow. Its looking a bit of a trick fest at the moment though - what with those new free fall wings that you can deploy, you seem to spend even more time in the air. Potential unbalanced air/snow (track) time? Also, whats the main platform for this? I tend to think of SSX as a PS game, but I see that its coming to both PS3 and Xbox. Is there a main platform?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 NaveedLife

I am very hyped for this game. Looking at the gameplay vids, my only concern is that they may have gone OTT with the tricks? The SSX games had both awesome tricks and great courses that demanded skillful board control on the snow. Its looking a bit of a trick fest at the moment though - what with those new free fall wings that you can deploy, you seem to spend even more time in the air. Potential unbalanced air/snow (track) time? Also, whats the main platform for this? I tend to think of SSX as a PS game, but I see that its coming to both PS3 and Xbox. Is there a main platform?angryfodder

First of all, I actually know what you mean about the tricks dominating the gamepaly, BUT I do honestly believe it won't be so overdone as you are thinking, and obviously there wil be a lot of ways to navigate the environment, even if you are tricking or whatnot, meaning finding the best line and so on. I am not too worried.

As for the platform, they keep showing the 360 version, but I don't know if that means anything. The PS3 version gets an extra mountain or something I think. As long as the PS3 version does not suffer graphicaly (like framerate dipping), I don't care.

Oh and the wingsuit is a choice, since it takes up a slot for gear i think. Odds are you wont be playing with it that often, although who knows :P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

SSX's online pass let's you play online if you buy it used:

"In SSX, players without an Online Pass are able to compete and play in both of SSX's online game modes, Explore and Global Events with no restrictions," an EA representative explained. "In Global Events, the top finishers from each event are awarded with in-game credits. These in-game credits earned during play will not be awarded to the player if they do not have an Online Pass." If at any point you find yourself in dire need of that currency, redeeming your code or purchasing one from within the game will earn you access to any and all credits you've accrued online."

This essentially means anyone that buys the game new or used will be able to see and do everything there is to do in the game unrestricted. The only advantage you have from buying the game new are that you can use online as a means to earn credits faster. This also shifts the online component for used game players to a more leaderboard/bragging rights type thing than a "get lots of credits" type thing.

This is a very slick move by EA. The online pass is still garbage but it's less garbage than normal.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

the excess trickage comes from the fact that most videos aren't of races, they are of the trick/point runs. I just hope there are a few levels with stuff besides mountain peaks and powder, sure that's cool and all, but the first ssx's were so loved because the environments were all so unique.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 NaveedLife

the excess trickage comes from the fact that most videos aren't of races, they are of the trick/point runs. I just hope there are a few levels with stuff besides mountain peaks and powder, sure that's cool and all, but the first ssx's were so loved because the environments were all so unique.

robokill

Yeah, they show trick events off the most. And as for the tracks, they have said its all mountain basically, but they spruce it up with tons of different landmarks and such. I wouldn't expect anything too over the top, but there is definitely some interesting stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

right. you're not going to see billboards, fireworks, huge starting gates, spectator stands or anything like that in this one.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 NaveedLife

right. you're not going to see billboards, fireworks, huge starting gates, spectator stands or anything like that in this one.

whoozwah

I am glad about that part of things, since I prefer the more natural track than a man made one.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

whoozwah

that actually upsets me a little :(

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 NaveedLife

The SSX homepage now has a navigatable version of the mountain, although somewhat limited and only 3 mountain ranges are available right now. Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to click the mountain and bring up the drop points.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 NaveedLife

Does anyone know how good the pre-order bonus boards are? They say lvl 6, so I am assuming it isn't anywhere near the best, since you can reach level 10 in the game and I assume that is how high the gear level gets too. Anyone know the answer to this? If its not the best board, I will just buy the game at Amazon rather than Best Buy (which has Zoe's board).

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 NaveedLife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85-giCUvNE8&feature=player_embedded

New video detailing more online MP stuff. I think it all sounds very good, but as people in the comments point out, it doesn't seem possible to actually go head to head with your buddy at the same time. This kinda annoys me, but is not a BIG deal. If I had to have one or the other, it would be what they did.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 nini200

Does anyone know how good the pre-order bonus boards are? They say lvl 6, so I am assuming it isn't anywhere near the best, since you can reach level 10 in the game and I assume that is how high the gear level gets too. Anyone know the answer to this? If its not the best board, I will just buy the game at Amazon rather than Best Buy (which has Zoe's board).

NaveedLife
You get a Free Snowboard customized with a character of your choice's logo's and decals printed on it. :D Yeah frickin' right, I wish.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#232 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Should be a solid 8-8.5. I'll rent it or pick it up when it's 40 dollar-ish. I still got waaay too much to play.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

nini200

You get a Free Snowboard customized with a character of your choice's logo's and decals printed on it. :D Yeah frickin' right, I wish.

omg that would be amazing! I would never use it htough I don't think :P. Besides I still have a new board that is completely unused since my other baord that has a big crack in it held up a lot longer than expected :P.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I just saw that SSX3 can be played with the PC emulator, like i'm playing Okami now since i didn't want to ask my uncle to borrow his Ps2 again since mine broke a long time ago. Gonna check that out, can't believe i didn't think of it sooner, i wanted Amped 3 on 360 but i'm not sure if i'll ever even get a 360.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#235 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
Yes!!!
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 NaveedLife

Question time!

1. Where are people pre-ordering (bonus boards for characters)?
  2. Does it bother you that you (seemingly) cannot play physically in the same match as another?
  3. What do you want DLC to be?

My answers:

1. Amazon, since a lvl 6 snowboard is only good for so long I think, and I will just get a better board for Zoe down the line.
  2. It bothers me a bit, but is not a big deal. I didn't really find it that important to be with friends on the course, as you usually see them in the first few seconds then never again.
  3. More character customization is always welcome, such as hairstyles and things. Maybe some more crazy mountains with very over the top and unrealistic tracks, just to satisfay the people who want that. I do NOT want Skiing, as I won't by it.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Cherokee_Jack

Question time!

2. Does it bother you that you (seemingly) cannot play physically in the same match as another?

NaveedLife

1. Gamestop because of their stupid monopoly on Eddie.

2. It's only a huge problem if you can't run the course in parallel, Trackmania-style. If they have no head-to-head option at all, f*ck them.

3. A head-to-head option, if there isn't one. Otherwise, I would pay for old characters and courses.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Wait, what? You can't play with a friend?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Question time!

Cherokee_Jack

1. Gamestop because of their stupid monopoly on Eddie.

2. It's only a huge problem if you can't run the course in parallel, Trackmania-style. If they have no head-to-head option at all, f*ck them.

3. A head-to-head option, if there isn't one. Otherwise, I would pay for old characters and courses.

you mean see them as they are setting their score? I know you can see ghosts, so I wonder if it shows a ghost as they are doing it, or if it shows them, or if it shows nothing. I honestly do not know the specifics of this yet and am only going off the video's I have seen (links above).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Global Events is real time competition that can be set up with friends. You can create a custom event on any drop point in the map and once you do, all your friends will instantly receive a notification on their ridernet wall letting them know that you've just started an event on xyz drop. They push one button and the game takes thems straight to it.

The downside is that it isn't synchronized as in you don't all start at the same time. You start whenever you feel like and you do YOUR best run down the mountain while your friends are doing the same thing. You're racing them but you're not. You're more racing the clock. At the end of the event, a leaderboard is generated based on everyone's best submitted runs. AFAIK there's not a single-match-first-one-to-the-finish-line-wins kinda thing.

You can see your other friends online while you're racing down the mountain if they decide to join you. I don't think you can throw punches or knock them over though. You're all just at the same drop racing to get the fastest time to the finish, trackmania style.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Cherokee_Jack

you mean see them as they are setting their score? I know you can see ghosts, so I wonder if it shows a ghost as they are doing it, or if it shows them, or if it shows nothing. I honestly do not know the specifics of this yet and am only going off the video's I have seen (links above).

NaveedLife

Yeah. Though they allow you to race against non-ghostly AI, so why wouldn't they have that option?

I bet competitive modes are in there, but they're too busy hyping up Ridernet to mention it.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Cherokee_Jack

Yeah. Though they allow you to race against non-ghostly AI, so why wouldn't they have that option?

I bet competitive modes are in there, but they're too busy hyping up Ridernet to mention it.

I would hope they have it, it would make no sense to omit a straight up race event.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Sooo are they still trying to make it a GRITTY GRIMDARK snowboard game or did they actually listen to the backlash from that first trailer?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Cherokee_Jack

Sooo are they still trying to make it a GRITTY GRIMDARK snowboard game or did they actually listen to the backlash from that first trailer?Juggernaut140

In the first dev diaries that came out, they were basically saying "Guys guys, it's cool, this game is totally crazy and exaggerated just like the old games. Please don't be mad at us anymore."

Someone at EA was fired for that teaser trailer, I'm sure of it.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 NaveedLife

Global Events is real time competition that can be set up with friends. You can create a custom event on any drop point in the map and once you do, all your friends will instantly receive a notification on their ridernet wall letting them know that you've just started an event on xyz drop. They push one button and the game takes thems straight to it.

The downside is that it isn't synchronized as in you don't all start at the same time. You start whenever you feel like and you do YOUR best run down the mountain while your friends are doing the same thing. You're racing them but you're not. You're more racing the clock. At the end of the event, a leaderboard is generated based on everyone's best submitted runs. AFAIK there's not a single-match-first-one-to-the-finish-line-wins kinda thing.

You can see your other friends online while you're racing down the mountain if they decide to join you. I don't think you can throw punches or knock them over though. You're all just at the same drop racing to get the fastest time to the finish, trackmania style.

whoozwah

This is the way I understand it too. It doesn't really bother me to be honest, because as I said before, in SSX3 I remember multi basically being, who can throw a punch first, then good luck doing your own things after that. There really was not much interaction between players, given that it isn't mario kart, and you are not as big as a car, so both weapons and running into eachother is not part of it. I think I welcome this style.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]Sooo are they still trying to make it a GRITTY GRIMDARK snowboard game or did they actually listen to the backlash from that first trailer?Cherokee_Jack

In the first dev diaries that came out, they were basically saying "Guys guys, it's cool, this game is totally crazy and exaggerated just like the old games. Please don't be mad at us anymore."

Someone at EA was fired for that teaser trailer, I'm sure of it.

Haha probably. Though its obvious they saw the backlash, in their defenese I think they just wanted to highlight the new survival portion of the game, which sounds awesome, but the way they did it is still far too serious and not accurate to what it is in the game. I actually am very excited to play the survival drops.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 NaveedLife

Elise Riggs Gets TRICKY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tKamxUWHMQ&feature=player_embedded

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 NaveedLife

New character section of the official site.

http://www.ea.com/ssx/1/ssx-characters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

The Lockstep looks great but that "dance" she does at the end looks mega derpy, like she just got off the short bus. She's ugly too. Wasn't Elise's nickname Bombshell? Not anymore apparently.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 NaveedLife

The Lockstep looks great but that "dance" she does at the end looks mega derpy, like she just got off the short bus. She's ugly too. Wasn't Elise's nickname Bombshell? Not anymore apparently.

whoozwah

Everyone is older. They get older in every game, especially this one. I don't care about Elise anyway. Zoe is where it's at :cool: