Official SSX HYPE Thread!!! (GAMESPOT REVIEW: 8.5!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
1080 was okay. It had a more realistic tone, so the snowboarders were all really douchey like in real life.Cherokee_Jack
Ah I see. Meh, I'll stick with my list then.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

1080 was okay. It had a more realistic tone, so the snowboarders were all really douchey like in real life.Cherokee_Jack

....:evil:

lol my buddy really hates snowboarders, but IMO there are tons of both, douchebag skiiers and douchebag boarders :P. I personally board :cool:

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#153 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]1080 was okay. It had a more realistic tone, so the snowboarders were all really douchey like in real life.NaveedLife

lol my buddy really hates snowboarders, but IMO there are tons of both, douchebag skiiers and douchebag boarders :P. I personally board :cool:

YES, I was hoping someone here was a snowboarder. Sickburn.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 nini200
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]1080 was okay. It had a more realistic tone, so the snowboarders were all really douchey like in real life.Cherokee_Jack

He doesn't board. You should see this guy on the slopes, Rolling Snow alert :lol:
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

nini200

He doesn't board. You should see this guy on the slopes, Rolling Snow alert :lol:

.....I am so confused lol. Have you been stalking me!? :P

I have been boarding for 9 years or something.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 NaveedLife

New Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz8cZx4V8-w&feature=player_embedded

Batty talks about the online features.

Pretty awesome sounding to me, although I do hope they have the option of just having fun riding down the mountain and checking out all the different ways to go. I loved flying down the mountain in SSX 3 from top to bottom just doing what I wanted.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] YES, I was hoping someone here was a snowboarder. Sickburn.NaveedLife

.....I am so confused lol. Have you been stalking me!? :P

I have been boarding for 9 years or something.

:lol: You already know that you are one with the snow "Literally" Lol!!!
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 nini200

New Video

Pretty awesome sounding to me, although I do hope they have the option of just having fun riding down the mountain and checking out all the different ways to go. I loved flying down the mountain in SSX 3 from top to bottom just doing what I wanted.

NaveedLife
Hope they bring up Maya DLC :D
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

New Video

nini200

Hope they bring up Maya DLC :D

lol I would not count on it :P. He didn't even mention DLC or other charactrs did he? I was really hoping he would touch on the gear aspect as well as (hopefully) being able to ride freely down from the top to the bottom.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#160 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
1080 was a great game. One of the best games on the N64, in fact. :o
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Looks damn, damn promising. Haven't played a good snowboarding game in years, the last memorable one to me was 1080 on the N64; missed getting into a whole lot of SSX games over the years.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Some more clips from Gamespot. :D
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 NaveedLife

Some more clips from Gamespot. :Dsammyjenkis898

Thanks! I did not catch those, mainly because it is GS exclusive and I don't usually follow their news.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Some more clips from Gamespot. :DNaveedLife

Thanks! I did not catch those, mainly because it is GS exclusive and I don't usually follow their news.

That third clip in particular is awesome. Love all of these hidden paths.
vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 vtoshkatur
Member since 2011 • 1962 Posts

I think most people on here are forgeting that SSX is a AAA franchise

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Some more clips from Gamespot. :Dsammyjenkis898

I did not watch all the clips completely cause I want there to be some surprise :P. But I definitely gave them a quick overview and it looks awesome. The gear seems pretty cool in the second video, but I am a bit curiuous about something. Do the riders have those specific perks (riders did not have stats in 3, you just leveled them), or is that just the gear they have on? I wonder how much gear there is too, looks to be pretty plentiful.

Cheese-Muffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Cheese-Muffins
Member since 2008 • 569 Posts

Wow. Honestly, this is my most hyped game of the year. It's looking AMAZING. I love me some SSX

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#168 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Looks ok, but also not impressive. I did love me some SSX Tricky back in the day.I will definitely be getting this as well as Twisted Metal, but needs a price drop. I really can't see this being AAA based on the videos, more like A. But who the F knows.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#169 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

I did not watch all the clips completely cause I want there to be some surprise :P. But I definitely gave them a quick overview and it looks awesome. The gear seems pretty cool in the second video, but I am a bit curiuous about something. Do the riders have those specific perks (riders did not have stats in 3, you just leveled them), or is that just the gear they have on? I wonder how much gear there is too, looks to be pretty plentiful.

all stats are based on gear IIRC. even the outfits have stats attached to them. the characters themselves are interchangeable afaik
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] That third clip in particular is awesome. Love all of these hidden paths.whoozwah

all stats are based on gear IIRC. even the outfits have stats attached to them. the characters themselves are interchangeable afaik

Are you sure of this? If you watch the beginning of the second video, it says "character perks" and lists a variation of 20 points spread out among stats (5 point incremements). Also, from what I could tell, the change in the first two hoodies on Mac didn't seem different in stats, BUT the third and final pick seemed almost like some godly unique item in Diablo, lol, allowing for more replays.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 NaveedLife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQsCHF7ov0g&feature=player_embedded

New video of Travis Rice explore real world/in game.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 sammyjenkis898
Hm, I'm noticing a lot of people around the web listing SSX 3 as their favorite entry in the franchise. Am I alone in thinking Tricky is the best? Don't get me wrong, I love SSX 3, but Tricky is some of the most fun I've had from gaming.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#173 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Hm, I'm noticing a lot of people around the web listing SSX 3 as their favorite entry in the franchise. Am I alone in thinking Tricky is the best? Don't get me wrong, I love SSX 3, but Tricky is some of the most fun I've had from gaming.

Every SSX fan I know lists Tricky as their favorite.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 NaveedLife

Hm, I'm noticing a lot of people around the web listing SSX 3 as their favorite entry in the franchise. Am I alone in thinking Tricky is the best? Don't get me wrong, I love SSX 3, but Tricky is some of the most fun I've had from gaming.sammyjenkis898

I have only played 3 and Blur, but from what I have seen I think 3 would be my favorite.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 nini200

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Hm, I'm noticing a lot of people around the web listing SSX 3 as their favorite entry in the franchise. Am I alone in thinking Tricky is the best? Don't get me wrong, I love SSX 3, but Tricky is some of the most fun I've had from gaming.NaveedLife

I have only played 3 and Blur, but from what I have seen I think 3 would be my favorite.

I liked Blur but I never played Tricky. The controls in Blur just felt great and easily transitioned to me.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Hm, I'm noticing a lot of people around the web listing SSX 3 as their favorite entry in the franchise. Am I alone in thinking Tricky is the best? Don't get me wrong, I love SSX 3, but Tricky is some of the most fun I've had from gaming.

I can only imagine fewer people played Tricky than 3. Tricky kills 3 in courses and characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Tricky has more style than SSX 3. I think that's why a lot of people gravitate to it. SSX 3 still has that BIG feel to it but not in the same way that Tricky has. However, I think as a game, SSX 3 is a more complete experience. It's considerably more cohesive with the peak bosses, the entire mountain being free-ridable, DJ Atomika providing the tunes and color commentary in the areas between events. That and there were more events in SSX 3. Not only did you have race and showoff but you had big air and super pipe events. Finally I just like the way SSX 3 FEELS better than Tricky. Tricky feels more heavy and deliberate. SSX 3 flows much better to me.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 NaveedLife

Tricky has more style than SSX 3. I think that's why a lot of people gravitate to it. SSX 3 still has that BIG feel to it but not in the same way that Tricky has. However, I think as a game, SSX 3 is a more complete experience. It's considerably more cohesive with the peak bosses, the entire mountain being free-ridable, DJ Atomika providing the tunes and color commentary in the areas between events. That and there were more events in SSX 3. Not only did you have race and showoff but you had big air and super pipe events. Finally I just like the way SSX 3 FEELS better than Tricky. Tricky feels more heavy and deliberate. SSX 3 flows much better to me.

whoozwah

I have not played Tricky so I cannot fully judge, but the way I see it, is Tricky seems a bit more silly and unrealistic. A good comparison seems to be SSX aTricky is to THUnderground2, as SSX3 is to THUndeground. I think Underground 2 was a very fun game, but it was a bit too off the wall in terms of course and characters for me. THUG is my favorite TH.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

never played THUG. I dropped off Tony Hawk after the very first one on PS1 so your comparison is unfortunately kinda lost on me.

EntropyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 EntropyWins
Member since 2010 • 1209 Posts

I'm upset that it has no local multiplayer. AA for me and I still won't buy it for full price.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 sammyjenkis898
Any word on a demo?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Cherokee_Jack

Great hands-off demo done for Giant Bomb. From which I learned that when you get Tricky, they do in fact play a Run DMC clip like God intended.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-road-show-ssx/17-5580/

My opinion of this game has been completely flipped on its head since this time last year. Can't wait for it.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

Great hands-off demo done for Giant Bomb. From which I learned that when you get Tricky, they do in fact play a Run DMC clip like God intended.

My opinion of this game has been completely flipped on its head since this time last year. Can't wait for it.

Cherokee_Jack
I've been hyping this game since the beginning >.>
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

mrmusicman247

I've been hyping this game since the beginning >.>

Well, you were dumb. v_v

But I seriously stand by the misgivings I had after it was announced. The way they introduced this game was really inept, and they obviously realized as much from how they changed their tone later. If they had properly communicated what kind of game it was from the beginning, I would have been mad hyped.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

My hype's AA. I hope the game soundtrack is good.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 sammyjenkis898
That Giantbomb video is amazing. I need this game, now.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 NaveedLife

That Giantbomb video is amazing. I need this game, now.sammyjenkis898

Yeah, thanks for the video! Watching it now. They clarified Explore and World Tour better now, I finally get it! :P

Wow, the game looks to have tons of courses, gear and so on. Lots of content and awesome online features. The only thing I may be a bit bummed about is the lack of a half hour freerun from the top to the bottom :P.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

I want this game, like naow!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#190 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

WOW poeple are excited for this crap? a skating game? :?

lol anyways i see it as 3/10 game but hope the fans enjoy it, i really dont get the fans of sport games :P

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

lol anyways i see it as 3/10 game but hope the fans enjoy it, i really dont get the fans of sport games :P

finalstar2007
You get CoD every year. Your argument is invalid.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Cherokee_Jack
WOW poeple are excited for this crap? a skating game? :?finalstar2007
What happened to you, anyway? You used to act like a real person, not a flamebaiter.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#193 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

finalstar2007
No wonder you're so disliked round these parts. lol
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#194 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]WOW poeple are excited for this crap? a skating game? :?Cherokee_Jack
What happened to you, anyway? You used to act like a real person, not a flamebaiter.

Im not flamebaiting -_-.. im expressing my opinion on sport games, i think all sport games are as bad as the dance games or kiddy games for 5 year olds, oh yay lets go home and play skating! woho how fun! :|

:P

Hope the fans enjoy it tho

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

havent played a ssx game since tricky but i think ill be getting this

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]WOW poeple are excited for this crap? a skating game? :?finalstar2007

Im not flamebaiting -_-.. im expressing my opinion on sport games, i think all sport games are as bad as the dance games or kiddy games for 5 year olds, oh yay lets go home and play skating! woho how fun! :|

:P

Hope the fans enjoy it tho

First of all, it is a snowboarding game not a skating game. Second of all, why is it so bad? I personally don't care for most sports games like Football and Soccer, but that is because of two reasons. 1, I don't like those things in real to begin with. 2, They are usually too realistic and something I could do myself. Not that those games are not good, its just my taste. I snowboard in real life, but SSX is not like real life (although still holds enough of the realistic feel to appeal to boarders like myself), and on top of that, I and many others do not get the chance to go to crazy mountains.

Anyway, SSX looks to be loads of MP fun. IMO this one looks to be easily the best MP experience in SSX yet.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Cherokee_Jack
I just found out about Fuji being in the PS3 version. Cool. They should have one last mountain that's just a mythical Mount Olympus, where you're snowboarding against Apollo.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 NaveedLife

I just found out about Fuji being in the PS3 version. Cool. They should have one last mountain that's just a mythical Mount Olympus, where you're snowboarding against Apollo.Cherokee_Jack

Oh yeah I forgot about that :). I just hope that there is no big difference in performance on the PS3. But if there is, it better be in its favor :P.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#199 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

Not gonna lie. SSX is like my darkhorse gaming series. It's seriously my favorite guilty pleasure game and I probably am secretly more excited for this than I am the likes of Diablo III and Mass Effect 3 and the myriad other sweet games on the horizon.

I just really hope that in their quest to make a realistic game in this HD era that they don't also strip the game of its personality. Just as much as the fantastic gameplay, the character and charisma of the whacky riders is part of the series' identity and I feel that in order for the game to feel like SSX it needs to retain this. And I kinda think that it won't sadly :( But we'll see in a few weeks!

HAZE-Unit

check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAl-VNeyQNw

Holy hell that was amazing! Just about everything I needed to see. The gameplay looks fantastic! A few more one-liners from the riders and I'm good to go ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#200 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I'm hoping for AAA, this game looks sick!