Official Project Natal Sticky - KEEP IT HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

Project Natal>>Wii fit

Immortalzxx
lol not even close.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="exiledsnake"][QUOTE="BumFluff122"]I've said this time and time again. Imagine you are playign COD7 or COD8. These games are played exclusively throw a camera controller much like Natal. You'll be able to run, shoot, pull your knife out, duck, cover, peak around objects, punch someone and kill people with the motions of your body. Want to give orders to your squad mates? Just yell out your orders with the intgration of Milo-like voice recognition. This will be the ultimate gaming experience in the future and the immersion within the game will be incredible. Combine that with graphics that surpass Crysis and you'll have the definitive gaming experience on ALL platforms.

yes, that is the potential this kind of technology can deliver, but its definitely not at that level right now. ps: a lil problem, how do you make your virtual self run? ever noticed that all the tech demos had the player standing in one place? thats cuz you cant run into the camera.

Run in place.

Okay so how is it going to tell if you want to run forwards or backwords?
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="exiledsnake"] yes, that is the potential this kind of technology can deliver, but its definitely not at that level right now. ps: a lil problem, how do you make your virtual self run? ever noticed that all the tech demos had the player standing in one place? thats cuz you cant run into the camera.2beers_in_hand

Run in place.

I could see it in the future being combined with a sort of running band thing which could change directions, but I don't think we eill be seeing something like that any time soon.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"][QUOTE="BumFluff122"]Run in place.

Odrec

I could see it in the future being combined with a sort of running band thing which could change directions, but I don't think we eill be seeing something like that any time soon.

Probably not, but it's a first step.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Celebs, athletes, people in general, amazed by Natal. Xbox 360 Youtube video shows it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xboxprojectnatal

Click the vids on the right too.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#206 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I noticed a huge problem with Nato, I believe holding an actual physical object is more important to gaming than using your body as an object. Who else agrees? Speilberg said holding a controller, is a barrier between videogames and reality, I disagree!
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts

Celebs, athletes, people in general, amazed by Natal. Xbox 360 Youtube video shows it.

gago-gago
noobs!
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

gago-gago

Holy crap! Look at the delay from when Sugar Ray punches and the game applies the action (first 10 seconds). That's pretty weak.

Avatar image for Chronic_Boom420
Chronic_Boom420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Chronic_Boom420
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

I think Natal is going to be worth the hype. I was never a big Wii fan because the movement the system picked up was only the movement of the controller as to where this seems to be the genuine article of controlling a game with your body. Also, the ability to scan all kinds of **** looks rad.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="exiledsnake"][QUOTE="BumFluff122"]I've said this time and time again. Imagine you are playign COD7 or COD8. These games are played exclusively throw a camera controller much like Natal. You'll be able to run, shoot, pull your knife out, duck, cover, peak around objects, punch someone and kill people with the motions of your body. Want to give orders to your squad mates? Just yell out your orders with the intgration of Milo-like voice recognition. This will be the ultimate gaming experience in the future and the immersion within the game will be incredible. Combine that with graphics that surpass Crysis and you'll have the definitive gaming experience on ALL platforms.

yes, that is the potential this kind of technology can deliver, but its definitely not at that level right now. ps: a lil problem, how do you make your virtual self run? ever noticed that all the tech demos had the player standing in one place? thats cuz you cant run into the camera.

Run in place.

That would get tiring and look very silly. The ultimate controller for a console is either a direct mind-link or a motion capture DualShock that breaks in half, which is essentially what the PS motion controller is. It ensures that you can play every game ever created for previous systems and add more control for new systems without compromising anything. If PS motion is standard is standard in the next PlayStation devs might even have the option to add motion control or not, thats how flexible it is. Shout out squad commands? Have people forgotten End War so quickly? I could do that with a mere headset. Voice recognitin is nothing but software. People acting like its something only natal can do do'nt really know what they're talking about.
Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts
Not sure if this has been said already, but mapping the players face to the character he is playing would be cool. It would be neat to be able to see the other players face and their reactions to what's going on in the game. Also I can imagine that it could be pretty funny too.
masterconker25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 masterconker25
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts

damn the only reason they came out with this is because of nintendo's success with the wii. they are going for the exact same audience the wii has a lot of, and that is old people and kids.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="gago-gago"]

flazzle

Holy crap! Look at the delay from when Sugar Ray punches and the game applies the action (first 10 seconds). That's pretty weak.

I didn't see it.
kinjo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 kinjo13
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

Natal is eyetoy 2.0

fratstratraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 fratstratraz
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
I do have to say that the facial recognition sing in and the voice activation are pure bad ass but, I'm here to be a moderate gamer trying to kick other player's asses (or getting mine kicked lol) and having fun while doing it, not to play a Wii-like, family friendly show of 'giggles' and 'silliness'. I hate both of those words! Wow. That didn't make any sense. I basically bought the 360 to compete with other players in an attempt to be entertained. Watching movies and being part of a massive community was just a bonus. I'm getting the feeling that Natal is going to have less fps, 3rd ps, and action games and more mini and community games. These are not very competitive and I also have the feeling that games for Natal will lack replayability. I still play Halo 3 just about every day. It was released in 2007! Not that it matters, but, all I'm saying is they are going to have to show a LOT more good stuff before I even consider purchasing this-actually, what is it? Is it a console, or an upgrade to the 360?
fratstratraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 fratstratraz
*sign-in* :P
fratstratraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 fratstratraz
Rofl, the only down-side, or maybe it's an up-side to your idea is that people could have their butts or ahem, other various body parts scanned. Then we would see some pretty interesting characters!