Official Project Natal Sticky - KEEP IT HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
[QUOTE="Pokedude1013"]

@TheGrat1

I dont' see what facts you have to support that the PS motion is more sensitive than the Wii Motion Plus, both are capable of one-to-one, as shown in demos.

I only have my eyes. If someone would be kind enough to provide a reliable tech comparioson between PS motion and Motion+ that shows that motion+ is superior I would be happy to change my mind. All I can say is that Son'ys controller was picking up every jitter in Anton's habd and I didn't see that during wii sports resort. Sony took the best thing about the wii remote, the IR pointer, and apllied it to all motions.
Pokedude1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Pokedude1013
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts

[QUOTE="Pokedude1013"]

@TheGrat1

I dont' see what facts you have to support that the PS motion is more sensitive than the Wii Motion Plus, both are capable of one-to-one, as shown in demos.

TheGrat1

I only have my eyes. If someone would be kind enough to provide a reliable tech comparioson between PS motion and Motion+ that shows that motion+ is superior I would be happy to change my mind. All I can say is that Son'ys controller was picking up every jitter in Anton's habd and I didn't see that during wii sports resort. Sony took the best thing about the wii remote, the IR pointer, and apllied it to all motions.

I'm not saying it's superior. What I am saying though, is that you can't say that it is superior, and will only believe otherwise if someone shows you. infact, it should be the other way around; you can't make a definitive statement without a definitive evidence.

fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"]

[QUOTE="TBoogy"]

You have been spewing that "two eyetoys" crap for a couple of days now. Are you starting to believe it yourself?

TBoogy

It is what it is. Only you lemmings are blinded by a one trick pony that will go down as a failed gimmick. You never answered my question about the skatebording sim, is it because you know that its not as amazing as you and MS portray it to be?

I don't remember the skateboard question. You will have to ask again. I will be sure to come back to this thread again.

As for the eyetoy comment, as I have said before I am sure, the eyetoy did not detect distance by measuring the time light takes to return to the camera. If you look at the Natal camera, you can see all the little senors surrounding the lens.

One trick pony? Voice recognition, face recognition, and 3d motion detection. Thats is 3 tricks in one device. ;)

Out of those 3 tricks you mentioned, I'm fairly certain the first two are software things anyway.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 TheGrat1
[QUOTE="Pokedude1013"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"][QUOTE="Pokedude1013"]

@TheGrat1

I'm not saying it's superior. What I am saying though, is that you can't say that it is superior, and will only believe otherwise if someone shows you. infact, it should be the other way around; you can't make a definitive statement without a definitive evidence.

Well. Sony's controller can constantly track where you are in 3D space. It could also incorporate body tracking easily since the original Eye Toy was able to do it. Those are two distinct, undeniable advantages it has over the wii remote. And even if the tech was identicle, the PS3 is simply a vastly more powerful system that wii. Better graphics and physics will accompany those motion controls allowing for more immersive games.
fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
[QUOTE="Pokedude1013"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"] I only have my eyes. If someone would be kind enough to provide a reliable tech comparioson between PS motion and Motion+ that shows that motion+ is superior I would be happy to change my mind. All I can say is that Son'ys controller was picking up every jitter in Anton's habd and I didn't see that during wii sports resort. Sony took the best thing about the wii remote, the IR pointer, and apllied it to all motions.TheGrat1

Well. Sony's controller can constantly track where you are in 3D space. It could also incorporate body tracking easily since the original Eye Toy was able to do it. Those are two distinct, undeniable advantages it has over the wii remote. And even if the tech was identicle, the PS3 is simply a vastly more powerful system that wii. Better graphics and physics will accompany those motion controls allowing for more immersive games.

Superior, maybe but who would buy it? Most of the casuals have a Wii, and if not, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. To them, a Wii would do the same thing for a couple of hundred dollars cheaper.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 TheGrat1

fluxorator

Superior, maybe but who would buy it? Most of the casuals have a Wii, and if not, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. To them, a Wii would do the same thing for a couple of hundred dollars cheaper.

For the sake of most of my discussions in system wars, sales are completely irrelevant to me. I am looking at this from purely a tech and game application point of view.

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
All of this motion control stuff indeed has BIG potential but it has ways to go(5 years maybe?) before core games can be made using such tech. until then expect half-assed casual games or tacked on support for core games. And im not talking just about project Natal, im talking about the ps3 motionbulb and the wii motion plus too.
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts
All of this motion control stuff indeed has BIG potential but it has ways to go(5 years maybe?) before core games can be made using such tech. until then expect half-assed casual games or tacked on support for core games. And im not talking just about project Natal, im talking about the ps3 motionbulb and the wii motion plus too.exiledsnake
At the risk of sounding like a Wii supporter (god forbid) the Wii M+ already has games like Red Steel 2 lined up for it
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 TheGrat1
[QUOTE="exiledsnake"]All of this motion control stuff indeed has BIG potential but it has ways to go(5 years maybe?) before core games can be made using such tech. until then expect half-assed casual games or tacked on support for core games. And im not talking just about project Natal, im talking about the ps3 motionbulb and the wii motion plus too.BoloTheGreat
At the risk of sounding like a Wii supporter (god forbid) the Wii M+ already has games like Red Steel 2 lined up for it

Seriously.... Someone did'nt do their homework.
asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#160 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

The biggest problem I have with Natal, is even though it tracks you accurately in 3d space, you're movements are still chained to the tv. I think that in order for this to be fully exploited, you need 3d video glasses.

Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
All of this motion control stuff indeed has BIG potential but it has ways to go(5 years maybe?) before core games can be made using such tech. until then expect half-assed casual games or tacked on support for core games. And im not talking just about project Natal, im talking about the ps3 motionbulb and the wii motion plus too.exiledsnake
I think so too. I don't think these new devices will be used much until the next gen of consoles.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
Natal will FAIL. It will be an expensive add-on and Nintendo already sucked up the "motion crowd". Also, they are very late to the bandwagon while Nintendo is coming up with something that will crush em E3 2010. Nintendo knew Natal was coming once MS made the purchase. They are ready.
AlphaGamer469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 AlphaGamer469
Member since 2008 • 1881 Posts

[QUOTE="AlphaGamer469"]

Here's what's a joke about the cows arguments: The Natal is total garbage, even though this is a new technology shown for the 1st time, yet Sony's 2nd rate Wiimote wannabe with a lit ball at the end is teh greatest. I guess gaming on a PS just weens you on accepting 2nd rate copies of everyone else...

TheGrat1

That "2nd rate wiimote" is already more responsive than wii motion+ and natal. And then you want to sing natal's praises and clown on PS motion. :lol: This will be so easy: You know that ugly painting the guy did with natal? I could do the same painting with more detail in 3 minutes using PS motion. So yeah...take that for what you will....

You know all this because you've played the final versions of all of them, right? You foolish cows are all the same. Worshiping Sony. I'm saying I need more then the 1st tech demo to go on, but unlike cows, I'm not just praising Sony...

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 TheGrat1

How the hell do you know what nintendo is coming up with? [QUOTE="AlphaGamer469"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"][QUOTE="AlphaGamer469"]

Here's what's a joke about the cows arguments: The Natal is total garbage, even though this is a new technology shown for the 1st time, yet Sony's 2nd rate Wiimote wannabe with a lit ball at the end is teh greatest. I guess gaming on a PS just weens you on accepting 2nd rate copies of everyone else...

Tjeremiah1988

That "2nd rate wiimote" is already more responsive than wii motion+ and natal. And then you want to sing natal's praises and clown on PS motion. :lol: This will be so easy: You know that ugly painting the guy did with natal? I could do the same painting with more detail in 3 minutes using PS motion. So yeah...take that for what you will....

You know all this because you've played the final versions of all of them, right? You foolish cows are all the same. Worshiping Sony. I'm saying I need more then the 1st tech demo to go on, but unlike cows, I'm not just praising Sony...

You say you need more than one tech demo to go on, yet you call the PS motion controller a 2nd rate wii remote when its tech and possibilities for game application is obviously superior. Backpedal much? Wii motion+ and PS motion are both far superior to natalwhen it comes to real gaming and not simple apps or arm flailing. Even you can't deny that the PS motion controller can already draw more easily and more accurately than natal. And I am not a cow. I love my PlayStation 3 and my 360, I and many well known manticores on this forum can simply see clearly enough to give props to obviously superior gaming tech. Fanboys will naturally not comprehend, and personally, I don't expect them to.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
I dont know what they are coming up with but im sure its something to counter Natal or heck, maybe go a whole new direction. You gotta be delusional to think Nintendo did not see this coming when MS made the purchase and to think Nintendo isnt ready to counter. This is my guess.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 TheGrat1
I dont know what they are coming up with but im sure its something to counter Natal or heck, maybe go a whole new direction. You gotta be delusional to think Nintendo did not see this coming when MS made the purchase and to think Nintendo isnt ready to counter. This is my guess. Tjeremiah1988
IMO nintendo just does'nt have the resourses to work with. The system is pathetically weak compared to the other 2 and the only possible why to counter this is by releasing a camera of there own. One that could easily be inferior to natal and the PS Eye because of the aforementioned limitations. And by that point everyone will have a camera (hell, the 360 will have 2) so the "effect" of this counter will be minimal. TBH, nintendo does'nt need to counter this at all. They are selling like gangbusters and motion plus will likely have a higher install base that the PS controller and natal combined. Nintendo should'nt feel threatened or pressured by this, and I doubt they are.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#167 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Looks like Rare is using Project Natal.

david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#168 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Natal appeared to be a money making scheme to me. I don't believe for a second that it will work well for gaming. Maybe if they did more actual demonstrations instead of their pre-arranged acted out videos, I would be convinced. When they had the girl jumping around like a freak that just proved to me that its just a gimick. It didnt look accurate at all. It just looked frustrating.

Mr_Ditters
Yeah her limbs were all over the place or she was just really into the game! :D
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

I only have my eyes. If someone would be kind enough to provide a reliable tech comparioson between PS motion and Motion+ that shows that motion+ is superior I would be happy to change my mind. All I can say is that Son'ys controller was picking up every jitter in Anton's habd and I didn't see that during wii sports resort. Sony took the best thing about the wii remote, the IR pointer, and apllied it to all motions.TheGrat1

The original Eye Toy did not have body tracking. All it could do was sense movement, that is it. Remember the big ball on the Sony Wiimote? They added that ball so the Eye Toy could track it. Because, otherwise, it only detects movement.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 MortalDecay

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-post-natal-discussion-interview

Eurogamer: So this technology isn't just for use with Arcade titles or specially designed games like Milo & Kate? It could be used to play regular games?

Alex Kipman: Absolutely. We see there being three types of game. We love the [existing] controller, it's not going anywhere and there will continue to be games that are specifically made to only work with a controller. We'll have games that are specifically designed to work only with Natal - not just arcadey games, but real, hardcore, triple-A titles.

Then you'll have some games that are essentially a hybrid - games that work both with the controller and with Natal. Why is that interesting? Think about a first-person shooter where I'm using the controller but I'm doing facial tracking by just moving around and looking round corners.

Maybe this will shut the haters up.

Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Odrec

MortalDecay

The original Eye Toy did not have body tracking. All it could do was sense movement, that is it. Remember the big ball on the Sony Wiimote? They added that ball so the Eye Toy could track it. Because, otherwise, it only detects movement.

And what is the difference between body tracking and movement detection according to you? Did you see the Eye Pet demo? How is that different from what Natal does?

Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Odrec

Eurogamer: So this technology isn't just for use with Arcade titles or specially designed games like Milo & Kate? It could be used to play regular games?

Alex Kipman: Absolutely. We see there being three types of game. We love the existing controller, it's not going anywhere and there will continue to be games that are specifically made to only work with a controller. We'll have games that are specifically designed to work only with Natal - not just arcadey games, but real, hardcore, triple-A titles.

Then you'll have some games that are essentially a hybrid - games that work both with the controller and with Natal. Why is that interesting? Think about a first-person shooter where I'm using the controller but I'm doing facial tracking by just moving around and looking round corners.

MortalDecay

That still sounds blah blah blah to me. Until we see that stuff that's the usual deceptive propaganda Microsoft loves to use.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 MortalDecay

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="TheGrat1"] Well. Sony's controller can constantly track where you are in 3D space. It could also incorporate body tracking easily since the original Eye Toy was able to do it. Those are two distinct, undeniable advantages it has over the wii remote. And even if the tech was identicle, the PS3 is simply a vastly more powerful system that wii. Better graphics and physics will accompany those motion controls allowing for more immersive games.Odrec

And what is the difference between body tracking and movement detection according to you? Did you see the Eye Pet demo? How is that different from what Natal does?

The difference is a lot bigger than you think. The Eye Toy detect motion. Say you're playing a game where you're swatting at objects. The Eye Toy Will sense that you're moving your arms around, and if that motion gets close to an object, it will cause a reaction to that object. The Eye Toy is a 2D camera, which would never allow you to take control of objects, or move around in a 3D space. Natal does things in a way more technical manner. Natal is a 3D camera. It takes a scan of your body, in 3D, and tracks your joint's movement, etc. Thus allowing you to have free movement in 3D space, and take control of objects. If the Eye Toy was on the same technical level as Natal, it would have been a lot more successful, instead of a floppy gimmick.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="Odrec"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

Alex Kipman: Absolutely. We see there being three types of game. We love the existing controller, it's not going anywhere and there will continue to be games that are specifically made to only work with a controller. We'll have games that are specifically designed to work only with Natal - not just arcadey games, but real, hardcore, triple-A titles.

That still sounds blah blah blah to me. Until we see that stuff that's the usual deceptive propaganda Microsoft loves to use.

Tell me, what has MS ever lied about? When have they ever made a promise they cannot keep? Go ahead....I'll wait. You're thinking of Sony. I dare you to go back a few years, and compare the two when it comes to broken promises.
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Odrec
[QUOTE="Odrec"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"] The original Eye Toy did not have body tracking. All it could do was sense movement, that is it. Remember the big ball on the Sony Wiimote? They added that ball so the Eye Toy could track it. Because, otherwise, it only detects movement.MortalDecay

The difference is a lot bigger than you think. The Eye Toy detect motion. Say you're playing a game where you're swatting at objects. The Eye Toy Will sense that you're moving your arms around, and if that motion gets close to an object, it will cause a reaction to that object. The Eye Toy is a 2D camera, which would never allow you to take control of objects, or move around in a 3D space. Natal does things in a way more technical manner. Natal is a 3D camera. It takes a scan of your body, in 3D, and tracks your joint's movement, etc. Thus allowing you to have free movement in 3D space, and take control of objects. If the Eye Toy was on the same technical level as Natal, it would have been a lot more successful, instead of a floppy gimmick.

I didn't see anything that resembled 3D movement on Microsofts presentation that didn't seem plausible with the Eye Pet demonstration and what exactly is a 3D camera (link?). As far as I know there are no such thing as '3d' cameras but you could implement software that took data from the camera sensor to track joint movements, etc which could be also done with the Eye Toy.
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Odrec

[QUOTE="Odrec"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

MortalDecay

Tell me, what has MS ever lied about? When have they ever made a promise they cannot keep? Go ahead....I'll wait. You're thinking of Sony. I dare you to go back a few years, and compare the two when it comes to broken promises.

Uff... Microsoft have lots to go with just their Windows systems and their RROD stuff. They love to fill their mouths with how their Windows systems are always so good and secure and then they release things like Me and Vista or any other OS with major security issues. They have been saying forever how fixed the RROD issue is and they just changed its name to E74 or something like that.

PvtGump8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 PvtGump8
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

[QUOTE="Odrec"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

MortalDecay

WOW no wonder M$ sells so well....uneducated consumers FTW.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MortalDecay

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="Odrec"]

Odrec

I didn't see anything that resembled 3D movement on Microsofts presentation that didn't seem plausible with the Eye Pet demonstration and what exactly is a 3D camera (link?). As far as I know there are no such thing as '3d' cameras but you could implement software that took data from the camera sensor to track joint movements, etc which could be also done with the Eye Toy.

You didn't see anything, because you probably haven't watched the Natal videos, or paid attention. I just watched the Eye Pet video, and all that game is doing is reacting to motion. If you don't know the difference, do some research. You'll learn a lot. Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Natal As far as 3D cameras are concerned, Natal has a depth sensor, which you will read about. Eye Toy doesn't. And software isn't going to do any camera any good if it doesn't have the hardware capabilities to begin with.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="Odrec"]

Uff... Microsoft have lots to go with just their Windows systems and their RROD stuff. They love to fill their mouths with how their Windows systems are always so good and secure and then they release things like Me and Vista or any other OS with major security issues. They have been saying forever how fixed the RROD issue is and they just changed its name to E74 or something like that.

So you change the subject to fit your need...We were talking about features, not RROD. And I would like for you to find an official statement released by MS that they fixed RROD. They did bring the fail rate down quite a bit. And I won't go into the technical side of RROD with you, since you have a problem understanding cameras.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="PvtGump8"]

WOW no wonder M$ sells so well....uneducated consumers FTW.

Care to elaborate? Or just spew random crap just take make it look like you know what you're taking about.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

THEY LIED THIS E3 WITH 1080P FORZA!!!!!! :|
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 TheGrat1

MortalDecay

Your bady is moving and the Eye Toy tracked your movement. Its still sensing your body. Anyway, Eye Toy is last gen, PS Eye is this gen. The PS Eye can tell where you are in 3D space even withouth the controlller. It can detect depth, The Eye of Judgement proved this. And even if it is just rudimentary body tracking for something simple like your outline, thats all it needs to pull off as long as it has that controller which adds extra control that natal sorely lacks.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

i really think people should just wait and see about natal. it could easily be amazing like MS is saying but it could just as easily fail like sixaxis. we all should really just wait until we see some games running with natal before we go start claiming how good or bad it looks. sony took a much safer approch to motion controls and you can easily see both casual and core games coming out for teh PS3 the will really be able to utilize the motion controls. however natal is really going to be a hit or miss. MS realeased a lot of promo videos about what natal could do but we haven't seen a game do that in real time yet so i don't think people claim it works. my one worry is how exactly natal will work with more hardcore games even with a controller. especially for games that take a lot of precision or movement. i remember someone saying that in game like rainbow six you can use natal to to point at where your team should go rather useing a button prompt but i don't really see how a core game will be able to implement natal as core feature in the not just some gimmiky add on. for instance i don't natal can differentiate between how hard you push on a gas pedal for driving games and have no idea how it would work for shooters, but only time will tell. i really just want people to wait and see cause all of this argueing is pointless cause we really no nothing other than 360 as a camer that moninter full body motion that may or may not work well in games

RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 RadBooley
Member since 2008 • 1237 Posts

Interesting idea, but I can't really judge it without seeing how it's used in commercial games.

I think the lack of things to hold (and the lack of buttons) will be very limiting to its use in many games.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Looks like Natal had the most buzz at E3.

http://kotaku.com/5280739/so-which-e3-announcements-generated-the-most-buzz

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

Looks like Natal had the most buzz at E3.

http://kotaku.com/5280739/so-which-e3-announcements-generated-the-most-buzz

gago-gago

I've been talking a lot about it, doesn't mean my conversation has been positive regarding Natal. I'll reiterate, to prove my point. Natal's software demos looked horrible. Every piece of software they demo'd looked awful. The woman playing that "ball" game looked ridiculous.

sbfriends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 sbfriends
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
If you "could care less" that implies you care an amount, so much so that there is less you could be caring. Seriously people it's not a hard saying.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

It looks like someone's been lying!!! http://news.spong.com/article/18155/Lionheads_Project_Natal_Video_Fakery

sbfriends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 sbfriends
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts

It looks like someone's been lying!!! http://news.spong.com/article/18155/Lionheads_Project_Natal_Video_Fakery

2beers_in_hand
It is clear the E3 presentation is for promotional purposes only. It has already been established that there is a great level of trickery present in the demonstrations shown to the press - the authors have fully acknowledged this. The emphasis is not on providing a complete AI solution, rather it aims at immersing a person in something they have not experienced before. That a level of trickery is involved is not surprising.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#191 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

2beers_in_hand
:lol: Microsoft got caught with its hand in the cookie jar.
screechmario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 screechmario
Member since 2009 • 449 Posts

Natal looks like the worst of the three. In no way is it practical for gaming.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"]

jakarai

Another thing people fail to recognize is that there is a delay with fast motions regarding the camera. I don't think it's good enough for fast movment.

Immortalzxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Immortalzxx
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

Project Natal>>Wii fit

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"]

jakarai

But if it was any other company they would have been burned at the stake *cough* Killzone 2 *cough* :shock:.

Marker791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Marker791
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts
I think dsi's are better.they came out a year earlier, have a camera and is handheld.LONG LIVE NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marker791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Marker791
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts
project nadal cant be that good. it probably takes like an hour to set up. scan............ scan................ scan............... scan............ scan............ scan........ scan............ scan ....... scan ......................................... 20 minutes later scan...........scan....................scan...............scan...................
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#198 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

screechmario

I've said this time and time again. Imagine you are playign COD7 or COD8. These games are played exclusively throw a camera controller much like Natal. You'll be able to run, shoot, pull your knife out, duck, cover, peak around objects, punch someone and kill people with the motions of your body. Want to give orders to your squad mates? Just yell out your orders with the intgration of Milo-like voice recognition. This will be the ultimate gaming experience in the future and the immersion within the game will be incredible. Combine that with graphics that surpass Crysis and you'll have the definitive gaming experience on ALL platforms.

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

[QUOTE="screechmario"]

BumFluff122

I've said this time and time again. Imagine you are playign COD7 or COD8. These games are played exclusively throw a camera controller much like Natal. You'll be able to run, shoot, pull your knife out, duck, cover, peak around objects, punch someone and kill people with the motions of your body. Want to give orders to your squad mates? Just yell out your orders with the intgration of Milo-like voice recognition. This will be the ultimate gaming experience in the future and the immersion within the game will be incredible. Combine that with graphics that surpass Crysis and you'll have the definitive gaming experience on ALL platforms.

yes, that is the potential this kind of technology can deliver, but its definitely not at that level right now. ps: a lil problem, how do you make your virtual self run? ever noticed that all the tech demos had the player standing in one place? thats cuz you cant run into the camera.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#200 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="screechmario"]

exiledsnake

yes, that is the potential this kind of technology can deliver, but its definitely not at that level right now. ps: a lil problem, how do you make your virtual self run? ever noticed that all the tech demos had the player standing in one place? thats cuz you cant run into the camera.

Run in place.