Official Metal Gear Rising (X360) Thread - KEEP IT HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1551 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

Wow. I came in here ready to dc this thread to high heaven only to find that it's probably multiplat. =\

dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1552 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

I don't know if Rising is multiplat or not, but here is something that everyone needs to know: Konami isn't "jumping in". they're just expanding themselves. I mean look they've made games for not only sony, but for Apple too. The Metal Gear Franchise is no longer Sony exclusive.... but it's not Microsoft exclusive either. lolwotrickroll

It was never exclusive to Sony to start with. Twin Snakes is on the gamecube.

Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1553 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

I can't wait for MGS: Rising, Raiden is back! Regardless if it's on either the Ps3 or Xbox 360 only I have both consoles so I won't be missing out on anything. Can't wait for more information on this game and hopefully it doesn't take forever to come out,

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#1554 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
You guys all owe me an apology. What did I say! I said MGS for 360...! You all called me crazy!
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1555 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

You guys all owe me an apology. What did I say! I said MGS for 360...! You all called me crazy! Toriko42

You said MGS4:)..right? Haha.

lolwotrickroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1556 lolwotrickroll
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts

[QUOTE="lolwotrickroll"]I don't know if Rising is multiplat or not, but here is something that everyone needs to know: Konami isn't "jumping in". they're just expanding themselves. I mean look they've made games for not only sony, but for Apple too. The Metal Gear Franchise is no longer Sony exclusive.... but it's not Microsoft exclusive either. dragonpuppy

yeah see I told ya. Konami is going to be more like Square Enix and Capcom from now on
Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1557 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts
[QUOTE="lolwotrickroll"][QUOTE="dragonpuppy"]

I don't know if Rising is multiplat or not, but here is something that everyone needs to know: Konami isn't "jumping in". they're just expanding themselves. I mean look they've made games for not only sony, but for Apple too. The Metal Gear Franchise is no longer Sony exclusive.... but it's not Microsoft exclusive either. lolwotrickroll

yeah see I told ya. Konami is going to be more like Square Enix and Capcom from now on

lol, we won't know til MGS5 gets announced exclusively for PS3 tomorrow :P
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1558 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

So are we seeing a Big Boss game, too?

BioShockOwnz

Hopefully it's on 360 as well so we don't have to put up with you coming into every thread about it and informing us of how overrated and crappy it is..

lolwotrickroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1559 lolwotrickroll
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts

[QUOTE="lolwotrickroll"][QUOTE="dragonpuppy"]

Bazooka_4ME

lol, we won't know til MGS5 gets announced exclusively for PS3 tomorrow :P

yeah theres supposed to be like 2 more Metal Gear games. I predict one of them to be the sequel to Portable Ops on PSP and another being MGS5. I think it's possible that they'll announce it, I just hope it doesn't end up like Final Fantasy 13 XD with 4 spin-offs announced for years with delays

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1560 TheOldOlder
Member since 2009 • 1212 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]You guys all owe me an apology. What did I say! I said MGS for 360...! You all called me crazy!

when is MGS4+OXIDE coming out?
simslifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1561 simslifer
Member since 2009 • 1844 Posts

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988687p1.html

Update

The game is indeed exclusive to the Xbox 360. Sorry, Sony fans.

^

From IGN.

Salt_The_Fries
look at what it said in the article you posted While this news comes at the Microsoft presser, no announcements of exclusivity were revealed, so for now, expect this to be multiplatform, or a timed-exclusive at the very least.
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1562 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696050/Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Not-Exclusive-To-360.html Not exclusive
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1563 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Kojima is pretty sneaky. I'm looking forward to see him at the Sony's conference maybe even Nintendo's.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#1564 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]You guys all owe me an apology. What did I say! I said MGS for 360...! You all called me crazy! Kahuna_1

When it was found out that it was MGS5 I said, ok MGS5 is coming for both I guarantee it. Find my post around page 40.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1565 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696050/Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Not-Exclusive-To-360.html Not exclusivebleehum

Phew was afraid I might have to buy this on the 360.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1566 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Looking at the Kojima Teaser site, it appears that as more announcements come more posters appear on the wall. First theres the mask and now the MGS:R, with others still coming.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1567 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]You guys all owe me an apology. What did I say! I said MGS for 360...! You all called me crazy! Toriko42

When it was found out that it was MGS5 I said, ok MGS5 is coming for both I guarantee it. Find my post around page 40.

This is not MGS5. There is no MGS5. This is a spinoff Metal Gear Solid: Rising featuring the whiny Raiden in his quest for nothing.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1568 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
Anyone find it funny how IGN-XBOX owned themselves? "Sorry Sony fans" lol.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1569 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
Anyone find it funny how IGN-XBOX owned themselves? "Sorry Sony fans" lol.Episode_Eve
yep
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1570 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696050/Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Not-Exclusive-To-360.html Not exclusivebleehum

http://www.n4g.com/News-337755.aspx

Exclusive.

Seriously let's end this debate. We will never know until we get further confirmation.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1571 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

[QUOTE="bleehum"]http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696050/Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Not-Exclusive-To-360.html Not exclusiveMADVLAD123

Exclusive.

Seriously let's end this debate. We will never know until we get further confirmation.

That was updated to say it's not confirmed exclusive. It doesn't say exclusive in the Konami Press release, and wasn't announced at the conference. You know MS would stress so if it was in fact true.
YoshiTurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1572 YoshiTurd
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but when you click and let the mask website load, the word 'undefined' appears several times in the news bar.

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1573 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
I gues we wait and see. It will most likely be mentioned in the Sony conference if it will be on PS3.
Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1574 Ego-testicle
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts
Wow, it's obviously not an exclusive. Microsoft debuted the first details on Metal Gear Solid Rising at their E3 press conference this morning, but there's a reason Microsoft wasn't bragging about this Raiden-starring adventure being an Xbox 360 exclusive -- it isn't. "You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive," clarified Xbox executive and corporate VP John Schappert (he was the guy hosting most of the event) during an interview with me immediately following the press conference. "We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]," he said. "I couldn't be more excited about him [Kojima] working on that [Metal Gear Solid Rising] and having that be part of our show," said Schappert. "When I heard about that, I was pretty ecstatic and it was an honor to be able to be on stage with him and announcing his next Metal Gear, which will be on Xbox 360." Of course, Schappert wasn't in a position to announce where else Metal Gear Solid Rising would be appearing, but could series creator Hideo Kojima be pleasing everyone by announcing this latest work at one conference, showing it at another? We'll have to wait and find out tomorrow morning at Sony's E3 conference. And thus, the waiting game continues. Read more: "Metal Gear Solid Rising Not Exclusive To 360 - G4tv.com" - http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696050/Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Not-Exclusive-To-360.html#ixzz0HEBh8KRs&A Even before that, wasn't it super obvious that they didn't say a WORD about it being exclusive, when they normally love that word?
Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1575 Ego-testicle
[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]You guys all owe me an apology. What did I say! I said MGS for 360...! You all called me crazy! Toriko42

MGS5 wasn't announced either. You were wrong dude. You didn't "call" anything, unless you called a Raiden-based MGS that nobody had heard of until 5 hours ago. You called MGS4 to 360, and you were super wrong. That's fine, but please don't try and shove anything in peoples' faces because you made a random guess that a MGS would hit 360. Half the forums on the interweb predicted an MGS on the 360. What do you want, a pat on the back? Kojima is making more announcements tomorrow, and MGS5 is the rumor there. Do you want to reaffirm your belief that MGS5 will be multiplat, because when its announced tomorrow as a PS3 exclusive you can be wrong again. Up to you. Denied.
romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1576 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts
[QUOTE="Ego-testicle"]Wow, it's obviously not an exclusive. Microsoft debuted the first details on Metal Gear Solid Rising at their E3 press conference this morning, but there's a reason Microsoft wasn't bragging about this Raiden-starring adventure being an Xbox 360 exclusive -- it isn't. "You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive," clarified Xbox executive and corporate VP John Schappert (he was the guy hosting most of the event) during an interview with me immediately following the press conference. "We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]," he said. "I couldn't be more excited about him [Kojima] working on that [Metal Gear Solid Rising] and having that be part of our show," said Schappert. "When I heard about that, I was pretty ecstatic and it was an honor to be able to be on stage with him and announcing his next Metal Gear, which will be on Xbox 360." Of course, Schappert wasn't in a position to announce where else Metal Gear Solid Rising would be appearing, but could series creator Hideo Kojima be pleasing everyone by announcing this latest work at one conference, showing it at another? We'll have to wait and find out tomorrow morning at Sony's E3 conference. And thus, the waiting game continues. Read more: "Metal Gear Solid Rising Not Exclusive To 360 - G4tv.com" - http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696050/Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Not-Exclusive-To-360.html#ixzz0HEBh8KRs&A Even before that, wasn't it super obvious that they didn't say a WORD about it being exclusive, when they normally love that word?

I agree with your evidence as well as the logic of your opening statement. If this were an exclusive title, Microsoft would have said so, and very loudly. They didn't, so it isn't.
Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1577 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Raiden? LOL no snake = no win.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1578 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="bleehum"]http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696050/Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Not-Exclusive-To-360.html Not exclusiveMADVLAD123

Exclusive.

Did you even go to the link? The MS spokesman said it themselves.

"You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive," clarified Xbox executive and corporate VP John Schappert (he was the guy hosting most of the event) during an interview with me immediately following the press conference.

"We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]," he said.

Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1579 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

Kahuna_1

This is not MGS5. There is no MGS5. This is a spinoff Metal Gear Solid: Rising featuring the whiny Raiden in his quest for nothing.

more like raiden, the decked out bad*** ninja that makes his former MGS2 appearance look like ****!

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1580 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

You know, I just wonder how a guy like Raiden (like we've seen him in MGS4, which is the only side of him I've witnessed) would fare in a MGS game.

He's like a cyborg-ninja, which tells me he won't be Snake-stealthy-like.

Anyway, great game, I liked his character in the 4th.

And I just ordered MGS-Essential collection to learn a bit more about that "franchise".

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1581 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

You know, I just wonder how a guy like Raiden (like we've seen him in MGS4, which is the only side of him I've witnessed) would fare in a MGS game.

And I just ordered MGS-Essential collection to learn a bit more about that "franchise".

BaraChat
Ohh wait till you learn about him in 2, you';ll be glad he lost half his body and become a cyborg
nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1582 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988687p1.html ign 360 owned themselves. They have updated it now to say they were wrong and it is indeed coming to ps3, now let this argument die
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1583 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Raiden? LOL no snake = no win.

Bren128

I disagree, i cant wait for this game. I hated raiden at first in MGS2, but he grew on me and i love him as a character. I am very interested in what the game will be, my guess its a prequel to MGS4, it will explain what happens to raiden post mgs2 and how he becomes like he is in MGS4. I cant wait, the current state he is in in MGS4 can lead for some excellent back stories on how he rescues sonny from the patriots and how he earned that suit(stepped on land mine? something like that i believe)

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1584 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

This Metal Gear Rising is the next offical sequel to MGS since MGSIV was the finale in that series. I seriously hope people arent thinking that Kojima is gonna show 2 different MGS games with one being multiplat and the other being a PS3 exclusive. IGN already showed that the next big game is the PSP MGS.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1585 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts
sweet i can still sell my 360 now. almost had to keep it, just for hte MGS+R. since its coming ot the ps3, i can get that graphics cards now. thanks kojima :)
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1586 Fizzman

sweet i can still sell my 360 now. almost had to keep it, just for hte MGS+R. since its coming ot the ps3, i can get that graphics cards now. thanks kojima :)spike6566

Wait till GOd of War III.

MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1587 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts

also, Peace Walker for PSP.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1588 Fizzman

TY for posting that i was about to, but saw yours.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1589 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
[QUOTE="BaraChat"]

Animal-Mother
Ohh wait till you learn about him in 2, you';ll be glad he lost half his body and become a cyborg

Raiden is still cool in MGS2... lots of misplaced hate.
Ego-testicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1590 Ego-testicle
Someone should change the topic title, putting (X360) in there makes it look like it's exclusive.
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1591 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

Funny that this is Microsoft's biggest 360 announcement... a newly announced game that's NOT MGS5 and also coming to the PS3.

This and maybe Halo Reach... bungie doesn't even have the balls to call it Halo 4 :P

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1592 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts

Funny that this is Microsoft's biggest 360 announcement... a newly announced game that's NOT MGS5 and also coming to the PS3.

This and maybe Halo Reach... bungie doesn't even have the balls to call it Halo 4 :P

leadernator

Actually, I think Natal was Microsoft's biggest announcement. It definitely had the most stage time.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1593 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

leadernator
The Irony would be truly hillarious if a proper MGS5 is announced tomorrow just for the Ps3 :P
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1594 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
sweet i can still sell my 360 now. almost had to keep it, just for hte MGS+R. since its coming ot the ps3, i can get that graphics cards now. thanks kojima :)spike6566
I find it incredibly difficult to believe that you own a 360, what with the great lengths you go to to bash the 360 and all upcoming games for it.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1595 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
I'm obviously gonna purchase this, but it doesn't seem like its Stealth, I heard it will be DMC like (*thinks of DMC4 - gags a little*) ... and it also features my most hated character in the metal gear universe: Raiden.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#1596 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="leadernator"]

Why would they call it Halo 4, in the first Halo it starts after just escaping Reach's destruction.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#1597 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I'm obviously gonna purchase this, but it doesn't seem like its Stealth, I heard it will be DMC like (*thinks of DMC4 - gags a little*) ... and it also features my most hated character in the metal gear universe: Raiden.navstar29
Yeah not a big Raiden fan either. Ditch the nails, high heels, and hair for this one, Kojima.
De_Bears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1598 De_Bears
Member since 2002 • 1593 Posts

Raiden is a cool character, and the new battle ninja cyborg thing makes him that more interesting.

But.... It still was a monumental let down when half way through MGS2, Solid Snake was replaced by Raiden. Even the promotional art made me think that Raiden was some new sexy woman cohort in the game; I never thought it was a dude.

blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1599 blackeneddeath
Member since 2008 • 930 Posts
[QUOTE="BaraChat"]

thus the sub title: "Lightning Bolt Action" I have a feeling that this will be a hack n slash game... which was kind of teased in mgs3
blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1600 blackeneddeath
Member since 2008 • 930 Posts
[QUOTE="De_Bears"]

Raiden is a cool character, and the new battle ninja cyborg thing makes him that more interesting.

But.... It still was a monumental let down when half way through MGS2, Solid Snake was replaced by Raiden. Even the promotional art made me think that Raiden was some new sexy woman cohort in the game; I never thought it was a dude.

half way? more like an hour into the game lol