OFFICIAL ME3 HypeThread: 9 on GS, RPGOTY confirmed? Spoilers= suspensions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

OK, I think we covered the Shepard type enough with the last poll, so it's on to a new one. I gotta say, I kinda expected to see more female sheps in there. With every general topic asking what gender people liked to play in games that gave you the choice, female showed a strong popularity. The most common grounds being, "well if I gotta stare at a character's ass for 5 hrs....".

But anyway, it's time to see which system you'll be saving the galaxy on.

AdobeArtist

I see the character as an extension of me. Therefore I dont like playing a female created character in this type of game. Also ass dont show up as much when your in full armor at least sheperd armor. The side female characters seem to have no problem wearing stuff to show the butt.

Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts

I have to replay ME2 since Mordin and Zaeed died (I do not want to think of a campaign without Mordins wit).

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#253 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I got Mass Effect 2 on PS3 so I could get all the goodies and trophies. I regret not getting ME1 and 2 on PC, but I'll have to live with that. At least with Mass Effect 3 I can enjoy the save file changes they touted on PS3.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#254 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Super NES Mass Effect 3 FTW! :D

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

just finished my insanity playthrough with my second character and got my plat. Just gatta beat the dlc missions and im ready.

finalfantasy94

how was insanity. I haven't even bothered to touch it yet. It's the last achievement I need.

I think its difficult depending on what class you choose. For that playthrough I was soldier so I had all the weapons and most of the ammo types. To be honest if youre just patient all the battles arent that hard especially when you get more upgrades. Just gatta know when to pop your head out and a good spot for cover. Also having slow mo helps. Only time I was screaming was the collector fights cause of certain monster types. Also the team AI can be down right dumb at times. Not taking cover on own sometimes and even when you point them to cover they will ether not take it or sometimes run into battle.

Overall dumb team AI aside its not that tough mainly the collectors are a pain.

I found the two best cIasses for Insanity are Infiltrator and Sentinel. The Infiltrator (what I played to get that achievement) having access to the Widow Maker sniper rifle, enhanced with the Assassination Cloak. And the Sentinel with the Tech Armor making that cIass highly defensible against any onslaught.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#256 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] how was insanity. I haven't even bothered to touch it yet. It's the last achievement I need.anthonycg

I think its difficult depending on what class you choose. For that playthrough I was soldier so I had all the weapons and most of the ammo types. To be honest if youre just patient all the battles arent that hard especially when you get more upgrades. Just gatta know when to pop your head out and a good spot for cover. Also having slow mo helps. Only time I was screaming was the collector fights cause of certain monster types. Also the team AI can be down right dumb at times. Not taking cover on own sometimes and even when you point them to cover they will ether not take it or sometimes run into battle.

Don't bother playing new game + on insanity either. There's just no point.

Ya I like scaling enemies. But they're ridonc on insanity
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 AdobeArtist  Moderator

So it was probably already known earlier, but I just saw the artwork for (squad spoiler)

bwahahahahahahahahaha is all that needs to be said. Ah, such a stupid, pandering addition.

Slashkice

Could you PM me a pic of this?

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

[QUOTE="Giancar"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Just finished my playthrough, everyone survived the suicide mission, had a romance with miranda and kicked major ass.
March 16th can't come soon enough.

Animal-Mother

and Paragon? cause it would be just like mine! :P

Ya I always play paragon or the good guy whenever they give you the chance. It was nice because I finished the game once when it came out and now only my second time So I closed up a bunch of the original games achievements + all the DLC so I got a little more of a full experience with knowing how the beginning of the third is going to start.

haha me too, feels bad to be a prick in Wrpgs :P

Insanity is not that hard, it has though spots like the Collectors stages, but that's it. Soldier and using slow mode with a good old Sniper should help you.

I got it in my first play through :cool:

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Could you PM to me too?
EDI needs some Shodan in her.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#262 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"] and Paragon? cause it would be just like mine! :P

Giancar

Ya I always play paragon or the good guy whenever they give you the chance. It was nice because I finished the game once when it came out and now only my second time So I closed up a bunch of the original games achievements + all the DLC so I got a little more of a full experience with knowing how the beginning of the third is going to start.

Insanity is not that hard, it has though spots like the Collectors stages, but that's it. Soldier and using slow mode with a good old Sniper should help you.

Ya maybe after the third one comes i'll go back and beat 2 on insane with a more renegadish character
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"] and Paragon? cause it would be just like mine! :P

Giancar

that was basicly my stratigy. I mainly used sniper on the heavy duty guys like those enough shockwave guys from the collectors. I also used ice bullets so people could just freez and wouldint be able to shoot or do anything.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Could you PM me a pic of this?

Slashkice

Done. Check your PMs.

Thank you, much appreciated :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#265 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Dat OP.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Dat OP.siLVURcross

Some of Ironbass' finest work, ain't it? A real thing of beauty :)

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
To sneer the poll question. I will be picking it up on the same system I picked the first two up on, which is PC. So far this series has only cost me $10. $5 for each of the first 2 on Steam. I will pick this one up when it goes on sale. I wish it was going to be on Steam as well.
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
IT's not even a RPG anymore so I wont be buying it. So sad too, since I was a huge fan of the 1st one and should of seen this coming when the 2nd one was barley an RPG. AA score is my hype
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Having seen the recent concept art for [spoiler] EDI and the Protheans [/spoiler] I have to say they both look dumb. I feel like DA2 all over again right now. Feels bad man.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

IT's not even a RPG anymore so I wont be buying it. So sad too, since I was a huge fan of the 1st one and should of seen this coming when the 2nd one was barley an RPG. AA score is my hypeThe_Pacific

This one is supposed to be a more of an Ar Pee Gee than the second.

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 The_Pacific

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]IT's not even a RPG anymore so I wont be buying it. So sad too, since I was a huge fan of the 1st one and should of seen this coming when the 2nd one was barley an RPG. AA score is my hypewaltefmoney

Yeah, I highly doubt that now that they've shoehorned kinect into the game. Just looks like a cover based TPS to me with tacked on, online pass MP. It's a huge pass from me.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 waltefmoney

Yeah, I highly doubt that now that they've shoehorned kinect into the game. Just looks like a cover based TPS to me with tacked on, online pass MP. It's a huge pass from me.The_Pacific

I don't think little voice commands with the Kinect are capable of ruining a game's RPG status(if that exists).

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 waltefmoney

Kandlegoat

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

waltefmoney

that picture and reaction is just priceless.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

I found the two best cIasses for Insanity are Infiltrator and Sentinel. The Infiltrator (what I played to get that achievement) having access to the Widow Maker sniper rifle, enhanced with the Assassination Cloak. And the Sentinel with the Tech Armor making that cIass highly defensible against any onslaught.

AdobeArtist

I played my first insanity playthrough with the Engineer, it was a cakewalk.

The drone is so damn useful, easily taking Scions/Harbringer out of the battle, great distraction. Bonus power was dominate, so with the drone + a dominated enemy + Ai Hacking, nothing could touch me. I died like only 5 times the entire playthrough.

Also put points in Cryo if anything got to close to me I could just freeze them.

Engineer rocks :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#277 deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] how was insanity. I haven't even bothered to touch it yet. It's the last achievement I need.AdobeArtist

you forget the Vangaurd class, sometimes it is so devilsly powerfull, by the end of the game you just charge. Also shotgun to the face NEVER gets old. in all my shepards i chose shotguns. Engineer is also powerfull.
TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts

Art book spoiler character opinions: [spoiler] Not a huge fan of the EDI's design, honestly, very robotic, you would expect a more hologram-y, not physical, sort of appearance from, you know, an AI. Think Avina on the Citadel, more like that would be better. The prothean is better, it's a retcon of their original design (the more tentacle-y ones in the statues at Ilos, compared to the more insectoid, collector-ish ones now), but one which is easily circumvented (since it's kinda implied that the protheans were multiple species). I prefer the new design, honestly. [/spoiler]

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
To sneer the poll question. I will be picking it up on the same system I picked the first two up on, which is PC. So far this series has only cost me $10. $5 for each of the first 2 on Steam. I will pick this one up when it goes on sale. I wish it was going to be on Steam as well.AmazonTreeBoa
Sneer........wtf was my phone thinking when it auto corrected that? Anyways sneer should have been answer.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Sneer........wtf was my phone thinking when it auto corrected that? Anyways sneer should have been answer.AmazonTreeBoa

That's nothing.

http://9gag.com/gag/1735809

Have fun.

TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] Sneer........wtf was my phone thinking when it auto corrected that? Anyways sneer should have been answer.N30F3N1X

That's nothing.

http://9gag.com/gag/1735809

Have fun.

I genuinely cannot stop laughing. Thanks...
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

I genuinely cannot stop laughing. Thanks...TheOtherTheoG

:D Ducking phones!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 AdobeArtist  Moderator

IT's not even a RPG anymore so I wont be buying it. So sad too, since I was a huge fan of the 1st one and should of seen this coming when the 2nd one was barley an RPG. AA score is my hypeThe_Pacific

Please tell me this doesn't have to do with 30 year old standards :|

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 anthonycg
Member since 2009 • 2017 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]IT's not even a RPG anymore so I wont be buying it. So sad too, since I was a huge fan of the 1st one and should of seen this coming when the 2nd one was barley an RPG. AA score is my hypeAdobeArtist

Well I wish there was more micromanagement in the game. ME1 wasn't the best RPG in that respect either but it did have a lot of things that you could customize and experiment with. And being able to pimp out your entire squad was awesome. And then there's PC mods! There wasn't enough of that in ME2 imo.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#285 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Epic thread.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#286 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I played the first two on the 360, but recently picked up 2 on the PS3 as well and really like the way it handles with the DS3. I'll be getting the PS3 version and expect it to score 9.0.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#287 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts
[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]IT's not even a RPG anymore so I wont be buying it. So sad too, since I was a huge fan of the 1st one and should of seen this coming when the 2nd one was barley an RPG. AA score is my hypeThe_Pacific

Yeah, I highly doubt that now that they've shoehorned kinect into the game. Just looks like a cover based TPS to me with tacked on, online pass MP. It's a huge pass from me.

Nevermind the fact that Bioware stated that there are more customization options for weapons and powers,,,,you aren't listening. Just because of "RPG elements" doesn't make it good...and really the "RPG elements" which are really strategy elements wrongly called "RPG elements", in the first game sucked. And the clash between trying to be an action game and have RPG combat made Alpha Protocol awful.
anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 anthonycg

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

texasgoldrush

Nevermind the fact that Bioware stated that there are more customization options for weapons and powers,,,,you aren't listening. Just because of "RPG elements" doesn't make it good...and really the "RPG elements" which are really strategy elements wrongly called "RPG elements", in the first game sucked. And the clash between trying to be an action game and have RPG combat made Alpha Protocol awful.

Alpha protocol made itself horrible. Gameplay sucked big time and the AI was dumb as a brick.

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 The_Pacific

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]IT's not even a RPG anymore so I wont be buying it. So sad too, since I was a huge fan of the 1st one and should of seen this coming when the 2nd one was barley an RPG. AA score is my hypeAdobeArtist

No this has to do with the standards set by ME1 :|.

2 was pushing it but now 3 is just a cover based TPS in my eyes.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]IT's not even a RPG anymore so I wont be buying it. So sad too, since I was a huge fan of the 1st one and should of seen this coming when the 2nd one was barley an RPG. AA score is my hypeThe_Pacific

You keep ignoring when someone lists how ME3 has more RPG elementas than ME2 :|

Just look at a screenshot of the squad point selection and compare it to ME2's. Or the weapon customization.

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 anthonycg

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Jankarcop

You keep ignoring when someone lists how ME3 has more RPG elementas than ME2 :|

Just look at a screenshot of the squad point selection and compare it to ME2's. Or the weapon customization.

I'm not going to make any guesses about that until release. There seems to be more but we're still unsure of how useful they are. For example there's a headshot stat now. So are they going to sabatoge my aim and force me to put points into it or is it going to be like charisma was in Fallout New Vegas where you could get all of the perks of high charisma in other ways?

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 padaporra

I'm not going to make any guesses about that until release. There seems to be more but we're still unsure of how useful they are. For example there's a headshot stat now. So are they going to sabatoge my aim and force me to put points into it or is it going to be like charisma was in Fallout New Vegas where you could get all of the perks of high charisma in other ways?

anthonycg

Headshot stat? What do you mean?
Aiming in the head will of course deal a lot more damage (and you will probably be able to improve that with mods and skills) but what decides if your shots hit or not is your skill alone, just like ME2.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#293 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
Awesome thread. Can't wait for this game, looks so awesome. Mass Effect 2 is my favourite game of all time, and it looks like this might be able to top that.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

do we know yet how many discs it's on? and how are dialogue skills and leveling up handled? (like ME1 or 2?)

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 anthonycg

[QUOTE="anthonycg"]

padaporra

Aiming in the head will of course deal a lot more damage (and you will probably be able to improve that with mods and skills) but what decides if your shots hit or not is your skill alone, just like ME2.

There is a stat that increases your ability to make headshots. It may simply be something that increases headshot damage but there is really no way to tell. That's why I don't think it's really possible to argue too much about it.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 padaporra

[QUOTE="padaporra"]

[QUOTE="anthonycg"]

anthonycg

There is a stat that increases your ability to make headshots. It may simply be something that increases headshot damage but there is really no way to tell. That's why I don't think it's really possible to argue too much about it.

You got that from where? The leaked script?

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 anthonycg

[QUOTE="anthonycg"]

[QUOTE="padaporra"]

padaporra

It's on one of EA's conference videos. I'll try to find it.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#298 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Loved Mass Effect 2, i will make sure i get this after a price drop though

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 anthonycg

[QUOTE="padaporra"]

[QUOTE="anthonycg"]

anthonycg

It's on one of EA's conference videos. I'll try to find it.

I found it in a fan made video. Check out 4:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6R6xx21L6A&feature=related

[edit] Why can't I link things?? :(

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts
Soooo, will the other femshep models be available to use?