OFFICIAL Killzone: SF GS: 7.0 Unsticky'd but not Forgotten.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

I am gonna kick your ass in Killzone Heil68!

Lets play some co-op too, I really enjoy horde type modes.I'll just go ahead and concede and competitive play, BUT I'll still play to have some fun. I didnt get madden, I got Fifa and NBA2k14. Maybe we can try the AC IV MP as well?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

@FragTycoon said:

@John_Matherson:

You care to much about this.

Someone has too because Cows apparently don't.

I'm actually disappointed in System Wars as a whole. If this was back in the day, at a time this close to launch and lots of big titles that will shift the shape of the system wars are coming out and we're not seeing hype threads like we used to. There's no rite of passage anymore. No Forza 5 hype thread? No Ryse hype thread? People create stupid 2 minute quickie polls and call them hype threads.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

I am gonna kick your ass in Killzone Heil68!

Lets play some co-op too, I really enjoy horde type modes.I'll just go ahead and concede and competitive play, BUT I'll still play to have some fun. I didnt get madden, I got Fifa and NBA2k14. Maybe we can try the AC IV MP as well?

Depending on the reviews I might trade Knack in for FIFA. But I will send you an invite over the weekend. We can find something to get into.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Cows know that hype isn't about what you think it's going to get, but your personal hype, they know that. BUT,

The only reason they're hyping it as an 8 here is because they're afraid of what it will score get, they've done this before, and still messed up (PlayStation All-Stars)

Basically, leave it to the cows to actually ruin the half the fun of the metagame just because they're sore losers.

And no, none of them can say that they haven't hyped the game to AAA levels because that's total bullsh*t, it's EASILY the most hyped game of the launch.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 timbers_WSU

@tagyhag said:

Cows know that hype isn't about what you think it's going to get, but your personal hype, they know that. BUT,

The only reason they're hyping it as an 8 here is because they're afraid of what it will score get, they've done this before, and still messed up (PlayStation All-Stars)

Basically, leave it to the cows to actually ruin the half the fun of the metagame just because they're sore losers.

And no, none of them can say that they haven't hyped the game to AAA levels because that's total bullsh*t, it's EASILY the most hyped game of the launch.

I wondered if Shadow Fall came out next Christmas if it would get this much attention. I am gonna guess not. But I have played enough of the single player already to admit (And I am more Lem than Cow) that this is easily the best single player Killzone game yet but length might be a factor. The multiplayer still has not matched the greatness of Killzone 2 and trying to go head to head with BF4 and Ghost was kind of dumb. Killzone's multiplayer will be dead in a month. Based on the single player....it could well get a 9 and it would not shock me at all and it might actually deserve it. The look of the game will help. But they dropped the ball on multiplayer (again) so that is gonna hurt it.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By John_Matherson

@tagyhag said:

Cow here agreeing with you.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By John_Matherson

Anyone else feel stick? Ha!

Well, hopefully the review comes in tomorrow morning.

Time to wait for McShae to slap us and give Shadowfall A 7 and Knack a 10

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

If this game scores anything less then a AAAE it's a flop. Cows have been praising this game as the 2nd coming of Christ. I'm surprised they aren't screaming 10/10. With all the 1080p 60fps hype they've been screaming on here, this should definitely be hyped at AAAE. I'm hyping it at 9.0. This and Forza 5 are the only games I see getting AAAE however. Knack will probably get a 7 at this rate. Same thing with Ryse.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

I wondered if Shadow Fall came out next Christmas if it would get this much attention. I am gonna guess not. But I have played enough of the single player already to admit (And I am more Lem than Cow) that this is easily the best single player Killzone game yet but length might be a factor. The multiplayer still has not matched the greatness of Killzone 2 and trying to go head to head with BF4 and Ghost was kind of dumb. Killzone's multiplayer will be dead in a month. Based on the single player....it could well get a 9 and it would not shock me at all and it might actually deserve it. The look of the game will help. But they dropped the ball on multiplayer (again) so that is gonna hurt it.

To be honest, I'd hype the game as an 8 myself. It looks great but just not AAA material.

I just find it funny how the majority of cows will say 8 (Some even admitting that it's not what they think it deserves) when they've been d*ckriding the game for months now.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 John_Matherson

@tagyhag said:

@timbers_WSU said:

To be honest, I'd hype the game as an 8 myself. It looks great but just not AAA material.

I just find it funny how the majority of cows will say 8 (Some even admitting that it's not what they think it deserves) when they've been d*ckriding the game for months now.

IDK man, I spent a lot of time researching for the thread. The game is immense enough for a AAAE score. This thread was harder to create than the Xbox One and PS4 official threads put together.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

lol cows overhyped this to no end, but in the end they show their true cowardly nature and hype it just an 8.0. Funny how you don't believe in your own game. Let's be real here though, we all know that they are just spineless and dont want to hype it a 9.0 in fear that it'll flop. Thing is, if it doesn't score a 9.0, people will still laugh at you guys regardless based on how much you overhyped it alone.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/killzone-sf-is-shaping-up-to-be-the-half-life-of-n-30878175/

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Rage010101

I'm hyping it 9.0 btw. Funny, when you gotta do a cow's job since they're to afraid to put faith in their own beloved game.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Rage010101

@danabo said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/killzone-sf-is-shaping-up-to-be-the-half-life-of-n-30878175/

lol EXACTLY! Cows hype it as the Half Life of next gen, but then backpedal and hype it a measly 8.0. Aw I wish I could post emoticons because this is a perfect time to post a laughing emot.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

@danabo said:

lol EXACTLY! Cows hype it as the Half Life of next gen, but then backpedal and hype it a measly 8.0. Aw I wish I could post emoticons because this is a perfect time to post a laughing emot.

That was a fakeboy, probably a lem too. I'm probably the biggest Killzone fanboy on this forum and even I wouldn't go that far in hyping it.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

8.0 is about right. Reviewers (and gamers) alike are getting tired of the FPS genre. There's only so many ways you can break the mold. Hope it does well though.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Rage010101

@Zoso813 said:

8.0 is about right. Reviewers (and gamers) alike are getting tired of the FPS genre. There's only so many ways you can break the mold. Hope it does well though.

Thats why everyone else didn't overreact because they all know it's just some generic average shooter. Going off of this hype thread, seems cows agree with me too.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@tagyhag said:

Which means they are BITCHES!! you have the world wide leading, chosen, and preferred console so what are you afraid of? This is why so many join the Cow ranks (I am afraid to NOT b on winning team) and so many hate them because they are so easy to root for. This IS THE launch title for PS4 and it is 9=10 quality, I love KZ, loved 2, almost 3, DID BIG TIME Mercenary. This is a (9-10 AAA game. Hooooohah!!!!!

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

I'm expecting the game to be a 9 from what I've seen, but then again both FPS were voted an 8 on both BF4 and Ghosts. It does look AAAE material after what I seen. Have to agree with the OP, it seems cows should be voting the game a 9 to the least with all this built up hype for months and so many KZ threads.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

LOL....Do Cows have Killzone? UHH, No.

But I do have mine and I am guessing it will be an 8 on Gamespot and around 82 or 83 on Metacritic. Multiplayer will again hurt the games score.

You realize every high profile shooter so far even the mighty BF4 scored an 8.0 right? That is a great score for an upcoming shooter for this gen. If Killzone scores the same as all the other high profile shooters that means its a great game with high quality.

Lol now you lems are going to try to say 8 is a bad score?

Keep moving those goal posts lem, If x1 games fail to meet that 9.0 threshold I will be sure to remind you to see if what response you come up with.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@kingtito said:

How does this game get hyped up to be an 8 when it's all cows talk about?

Fear

How is it "fear"?

If all the other high profile shooters that have come out so far have only scored an 8.0 (BF4) then they are saying it will be at least equal to the best shooters avalible for the upcoming gen and launch of the new consoles.

If it was "fear" they wouldn't hype it AT ALL or either Hype it 7.0 seeing as other highly hyped and high profile shooters only managed 8.0. Pretty desperate reply but it's nothing out of the ordinary for people who live and die trying spit on everything that isn't on their preferred system.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Jeez people make an 8 out to be a bad score :/

Part of a hype thread is setting the hype down to what they believe it will get, and what does that mean? Partially it means trying to predict what GS will give it. Now with GS with a 10 point scale, and being quite erratic with their scoring depending upon reviewer, who knows what is going to happen these next few weeks.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22677 Posts

@John_Matherson: under hyping their games is a long established cow tactic and yes its born out of cowardice.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22677 Posts

@tagyhag: bingo... Its infamous 2 all over again. Massive hype for months, then they cowar away at the first sign of anything real to put their name to... Sad. At least th8s one had a hype poll though. Infamous was the sequel to a AAA game, hyped AAA and cows dc'd it's flop by saying it was only a half point lower than hyped.. :D man up cows.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By John_Matherson

@TheEroica said:

@John_Matherson: under hyping their games is a long established cow tactic and yes its born out of cowardice.

You do realize I'm s hardcore cow, right? Just because i made a xbox one hype thread diesn't change anything, but yeah you're right

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By John_Matherson

@StrifeDelivery said:

Jeez people make an 8 out to be a bad score :/

Part of a hype thread is setting the hype down to what they believe it will get, and what does that mean? Partially it means trying to predict what GS will give it. Now with GS with a 10 point scale, and being quite erratic with their scoring depending upon reviewer, who knows what is going to happen these next few weeks.

no it's not what you think it'll get but what you think it deserves.We did hype this game like the second coming and then completely corwarded out at.the tbd just to be safE and that's pathetic

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#78 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

The people have spoken, hype is 8. Trying to say ps fanboys truly mean 9 doesn't mean anything. I bet half of the people who chose 9 are trying to overhype it on purpose.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 John_Matherson

@mrintro said:

The people have spoken, hype is 8. Trying to say ps fanboys truly mean 9 doesn't mean anything. I bet half of the people who chose 9 are trying to overhype it on purpose.

No, us cows hyped it like a 10game. in all honesty and reality, the hype doesn't line up with the.score prediction. the score prediction is just a shield for us!

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

what time is the review anyway?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 John_Matherson

@dvalo9: Ign's comes out this morning and hopefully gamespots too. IGN looks like they're exited and hyping the reviews so I'm expecting a ten

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 timbers_WSU

First Killzone review.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/98944/Killzone%3A+Shadow+Fall/

An 8. They said it 's main fault is stupid level design.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 John_Matherson

@timbers_WSU said:

First Killzone review.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/98944/Killzone%3A+Shadow+Fall/

An 8. They said it 's main fault is stupid level design.

Got it, thanks.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 John_Matherson
Loading Video...

IGN Review Parody just for laughs lol

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

The Warzone mode allows us to completely tailor our multiplayer experience, and do away with all the Call of Duty-inspired modernities, but we would rather have seen something more original. Fewer maps, fewer teams, no upgradable weapons or gear, no currency to buy stuff with after each match. Things we see in every game. With that rant out of the way, Shadow Fall's multiplayer is well crafted from start to finish, and we recommend it for those looking for a sci-fi take on the Call of Duty formula.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/98944/Killzone%3A

Not looking good for fans of Killzone 2.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Uh-oh. GS review is up- 7/10

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D

TCHBO

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Floppy_Jim

**** me sideways, I was right.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I predicted 7, was right. Gotta love GS.

I'm surprised Knack scored so low.

Resogun I figured right sort of score.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Floppy_Jim

I predicted Knack would get a 4 and Resogun would get an 8. Right again.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Floppy_Jim

@Desmonic said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Uh-oh. GS review is up- 7/10

Stahp. The Zelda threads were enough already :P

I was trolloling but check GS. It really did get 7.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

uh oh

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 John_Matherson

Well, slap me thrice and hand me to me mama! 7/10!

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@sts106mat said:

Lol at Shadowflop

Halo >>>>>>>> Killzone hahaha

Cows were convinced that shadowflop was the best launch game lol! They even mentioned "quality over quantity"