Nvidia Titan Z! (PS4 beaten to dust!)

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by PAL360 (27938 posts) -

That's impressive, but how many games will take advantage of that card in the next 3 or 4 years? PS4 is weak in comparison, but to be honest i haven't seen many PC games (if any) looking better than Second Son :P

#52 Posted by EnergyAbsorber (4949 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

lol. 1 video card beats PS4 trust 10 time... 1 PC video card vs full console, video card, ram, memory, cpu, gpu.... beated 10 time. OUCH.

Im going to buy this video card.

Try again, but this time in english

I'm glad i'm not the only one who couldn't understand what he was trying to say. He must be smoking something really good.

#53 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3563 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@santoron said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

lol. 1 video card beats PS4 trust 10 time... 1 PC video card vs full console, video card, ram, memory, cpu, gpu.... beated 10 time. OUCH.

You should consider putting that $3000 into a tutor first...

LMFAO!!!

no trolling - education is important. as gamers, we shouldn't neglect our educations.

#54 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@Solid_Max13: :D

#55 Edited by bforrester420 (3085 posts) -

$2,999....

As the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

#56 Posted by misterpmedia (5722 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

But will it blend?

Don't breathe this.

#57 Posted by Ballroompirate (25126 posts) -

If I had the money, I would buy something cheaper. No fraking reason why a GC should be that expensive.

#58 Edited by bforrester420 (3085 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you live paycheck-to-paycheck?

I'd rather invest that $3k in a high-yielding BDC stock like Prospect Capital. In 5 years that investment will likely be worth over $5k whereas your GPU might be worth two or three hundred.

#59 Posted by clyde46 (48785 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

lol why do herms hype stuff they probably wont buy?

Some will buy this but its not aimed at gamers, hell the Titan line as a whole isn't. If you want gaming, get a 780Ti.

#60 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

:/ Yay, a $3000 graphics card outperforms a $400 console

#61 Edited by FinalFighters (2485 posts) -

im buying 2 when it gets released.

#62 Posted by R4gn4r0k (21464 posts) -

I'll never understand buying a graphics card that costs the same price as a high end gaming PC

Apparently this one costs 3 high end gaming PCs....

@Animal-Mother said:

great 12GB of video ram that won't be utilized for 5-10 years.

And by the time it will be utilized this card will be outdated. Great.

#63 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

@madskills6117 said:

A $3000 card to play multiplats at higher resolutions and more fps. What a waste of resources.

You can do that with a $150 card . PC is the multiplat machine. Also exclusive machine. Well its the everything.

#64 Edited by R4gn4r0k (21464 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@santoron said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

LMFAO!!!

no trolling - education is important. as gamers, we shouldn't neglect our educations.

I can just combine the two:

For example, Wolfenstein will teach me a lot about Nazi history.

Or skyrim teaches me how it was in the olden days.

#65 Posted by 04dcarraher (21839 posts) -

Titan series is geared toward the workstation setups with the ability of high end gaming. In the past workstation cards in general sucked with gaming.

#66 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

This is the Maybach Exelero

It costs $8,000,000.00

Still more practical than that card...

#67 Posted by Kjranu (1521 posts) -

This will be great for playing mega-huge R2TW battles.

#68 Posted by Daious (2315 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@santoron said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

I know this costs 3000 dollars. Well money is no problem.

I just wanna know when this video card is coming out.

Terrible investment. Its a great workstation card. The amount of CUDA cores are lovely. Its a way cheaper alternative to quadro.

SLI Titanblacks would be a way better deal. I assume this card are for people limiting power consumption and or confined to itx or limited to PCIE slots.

This is not a great investment for gaming. In fact sli 780ti will give you identical performance for 1080p and 1440p.

But anyways SLI Maxwell cards will blow this way and save you probably 1500 dollars when they come out.

#69 Posted by sirk1264 (5724 posts) -

@loco145: and 3000 dollars which easily costs more than a high end pc altogether.

#70 Posted by lundy86_4 (46762 posts) -

lol at the price. That's ridiculously insane.

#71 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (6260 posts) -

Did you mention PS4 just cuz its first place?

Cuz I wasnt aware PC was even competing w this gen of consoles lol hardware wise arent they ahead?

#72 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Did you mention PS4 just cuz its first place?

Cuz I wasnt aware PC was even competing w this gen of consoles lol hardware wise arent they ahead?

Cuz system wars

#73 Posted by Motokid6 (6994 posts) -

God forbid the enthusiast with deep pockets likes to enjoy his/her hobby.

Omg... you actually LIKE pc's and LIKE shiny, new hardware? STRING HIM UP!

But no ill be waiting for Maxwell/Gsync. The closest thing the pc gets to "next-gen" ... the TRUE next gen.

#74 Edited by casharmy (8346 posts) -

WOW, with that card you could play Titanfall at...

1 million frames per second.

And every other mutiplatform game, Still won't play the Infamous Second Son, the upcoming Santa Monica or Naughty dog game but PS4 will end up with pretty much every worthwhile PC game that comes out and for only $400, not a bad deal.

#75 Posted by Mr-Powers (508 posts) -

I think it's weird how Hermies are held to such low standards. You are bragging about a card that you will never buy, and that won't be taken advantage of for gaming. This card will be used for other things besides gaming.

#76 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6936 posts) -

Hmm, $3000. But will it play Crysis 3 on Ultra settings, Dx11, 4K resolution and 16xQ AA @ 60fps?

#77 Posted by clyde46 (48785 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

Hmm, $3000. But will it play Crysis 3 on Ultra settings, Dx11, 4K resolution and 16xQ AA @ 60fps?

No.

#78 Edited by NFJSupreme (5913 posts) -
@bforrester420 said:

$2,999....

As the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Nope. The people in the market for this card will all make their money back shortly after purchasing it. Seriously 3D animation costs by the second. And it's not cheap. At a minimum 3D animation is something like $250 per second. Professional grade 3D animations at least $1,000/sec minimum. This card is capital guys. It's not a toy it is a tool used to make money. Even if you are a small time 3D animator doing stuff for like local TV commercials and stuff this card is well worth the money. $3,000 well spent. Most use more than one and still it's money well spent. This is not for gaming. Obviously with those specs you can easily game on this card with no limits basically but you don't need to spend $3000 on a GPU to do that. This is for people who will take this card (or cards) and use them to make a 30 second video that will make them at least $7,500. When you consider how much these cards will actually make the owners this card is intended for it's actually quite cheap. When you are talking about capital goods this card is actually a steal.

#79 Edited by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

"Built for 5k gaming"

Jeez. Who would need this?? Also, PS4 was beaten to dust a while ago, it's old news now.

#80 Posted by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

3000? not bad.

#81 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

That's impressive, but how many games will take advantage of that card in the next 3 or 4 years? PS4 is weak in comparison, but to be honest i haven't seen many PC games (if any) looking better than Second Son :P

Watchdogs maxed with high density vehicles and peds should be more demanding. Especially for people running high res.

#82 Edited by lamprey263 (30678 posts) -

$3000?! No thanks. Anyways, many next gen games will be built around the limitations of the PS4 and/or X1, beefy PCs will offer superior multiplatform gaming but surely developers will make them adequate on consoles.

#83 Posted by glez13 (9440 posts) -

...and I thought I had seen everything when people bought two Titans for SLI; silly me...

#84 Posted by NFJSupreme (5913 posts) -

@glez13 said:

...and I thought I had seen everything when people bought two Titans for SLI; silly me...

technically this card is just two titans in sli on one PCB. Nvidia just did the SLI for you and charged you $1000 for their trouble. :p

#85 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

Probably...

#86 Posted by GoldenElementXL (6221 posts) -

The card is $1000 too expensive. 2 Titan Blacks will have similar power for $2000. Add a third and as long as scaling isn't an issue, you will be far ahead. I will be building a new "Super" rig when DDR4 launches and I wouldn't touch the Titan Z. I own a GTX 690 which is Nvidia's last dual GPU before this. At least they didn't skimp on the VRAM this time. I really want to see what the 800 series brings.

#87 Posted by commander (10832 posts) -

I have grown to love the ps4.

Since the day facebook bought oculus

#88 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (9990 posts) -

@madskills6117 said:

A $3000 card to play multiplats at higher resolutions and more fps. What a waste of resources.

Yeah exactly.

So what if it's more powerful than a PS4?? It costs $3000!!! Stupid thread.

#89 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@evildead6789 said:

I have grown to love the ps4.

Since the day facebook bought oculus

why?

i was unaffected, as was ps4.

#90 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

Nvidia aren't team green for nothing

#91 Posted by Silent-Assasin7 (1496 posts) -

G-T-G-T-X, GTX ZEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! G-T-G-T-X, ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

#92 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@Silent-Assasin7 said:

G-T-G-T-X, GTX ZEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! G-T-G-T-X, ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

couldn't agree more my man, i couldn't agree more.

#93 Posted by Sharp-Shooter89 (128 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Why do you even mention the PS4? This card costs 3k. You could build two of my PCs for that much.

Who the hell is going to spend that much on a single card?

professional users, not gamers, any and all titans are marketed for super computing, not gaming, although it is a beast for gaming aswell

#94 Posted by Sharp-Shooter89 (128 posts) -

titan Z is not marketed just for "gaming" its mostly for professional users that need the double precision performance which gaming does not need, if you watch the press conference you will notice that the whole TITAN Z thing was marketed for people who need a personal super computer in their house, oh and by the way this thing can play games too.... at 5k

#95 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

@loco145:

2 GTX 690's are more powerful and only cost $2000. One GTX 690 is 6.2 TF's. Yes Titan Z has more RAM. The card should run about $1500 at the most. It would be more beneficial to run dual GTX 790's when it's released. Unfortunately the games don't take advantage of the power.

#96 Edited by Effec_Tor (721 posts) -

That card is used for supercomputers.

#97 Posted by Pray_to_me (3571 posts) -

Yay now you can play farmville in 4k at 1000 fps lmfao

#98 Posted by zeeshanhaider (4122 posts) -

@casharmy said:

WOW, with that card you could play Titanfall at...

1 million frames per second.

And every other mutiplatform game, Still won't play the Infamous Second Son, the upcoming Santa Monica or Naughty dog game but PS4 will end up with pretty much every worthwhile PC game that comes out and for only $400, not a bad deal.

And the 900pStation will also play Star Citizen, oh wait....

#99 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

WHats your point? Nvidia already has video cards that are more powerful than the ps4 gpu for sale now.

Just like NVidia had more powerful video cards than what was in the ps3 but ps3 still had a better lineup of exclusive, pretty good indie support, and 85% of all PC games were multiplatform thus were on the ps3 also.

Besides that card is a enormous waste of money as it will be fully utilized for at least 4 or 5 years. All the game engines out now are already maxed out on current hardware it will require entirely new engines to be built to take advantage of that, but they wont for awhile because if they take advantage of that card they alienate 90% of PC gamers who don't have one because its so expensive.

#100 Posted by ronvalencia (17564 posts) -

@loco145 said:

5760 CUDA Cores, 12GB VRAM, 8 TFlops!

NVIDIA hasn't claimed "FULL DirectX 12 compatibility" for their current GK110 and GM107 "Maxwell".

From http://techreport.com/news/26210/directx-12-will-also-add-new-features-for-next-gen-gpus

"Tamasi explained that DirectX 12 will introduce a set of new features in addition to the lower-level abstraction, and those features will require new hardware"

PS; Mr Tamasi is from NVIDIA.