Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@HalcyonScarlet: So what was the golden era for you? When Sony was curb stomping everyone and other companies were struggling to remain in the industry? I mean there were alot of great games on the PS2 but we were one bad launch away from both Nintendo and MS leaving the industry.

Golden era of consoles was when a majority of their games weren't just multiplats that are better on PC.

I think that's what Nvidia is getting at.

Even I fucking loved them back then.

We all did. PS2, GC and Xbox were worth loving. Currently, it's just the Wiiu.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@MlauTheDaft: Neither the Xbox or the GC had many exclusives. Nintendo had there standard first party but MS had few exclusive titles outside of team Ninja.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 MlauTheDaft

@AM-Gamer said:

@MlauTheDaft: Neither the Xbox or the GC had many exclusives. Nintendo had there standard first party but MS had few exclusive titles outside of team Ninja.

Ninty had Ninty franchises along with Baten Kaitos. Xbox had a ton of it's own stuff too including Jade Empire, Escape from Butchers Bay and KOTOR. Compared to current/last gen, it was a world of treats.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#304 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@HalcyonScarlet: So what was the golden era for you? When Sony was curb stomping everyone and other companies were struggling to remain in the industry? I mean there were alot of great games on the PS2 but we were one bad launch away from both Nintendo and MS leaving the industry.

Golden era of consoles was when a majority of their games weren't just multiplats that are better on PC.

That's why I've been calling the Wii U the best companion to the PC. I think it has the best contrast to the PC.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

That's why I've been calling the Wii U the best companion to the PC. I think it has the best contrast to the PC.

And I agree with you. I think a lot of SW does now, actually.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#306 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Back then everything had good stuff, and each console had its own flavor. It was the last gen where it was truly worth owning every console.

Since last gen......yeah.... My PC has 99% of the good games that come out on either the Xbox or Playstation, and the time between good exclusives (let alone interesting exclusives) is always increasing.

The Wii U barely gets exclusives itself, but at least when it does get them, they are of a unique variety that the other systems don't get (including PC). You aren't really going to find a Mario, Zelda, Bayonetta, etc. on other systems.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

If we take off our fancy hats and strictly off of what is best for gamers pcs open platform would be hands down the best way to go. But economics, politics, and other reasons won't allow for that right now

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#308  Edited By Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

PC gaming in a year from now will totality trash console gaming in terms of tech and game worlds.

so Nvidia does have a point..

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@papatrop said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Back then everything had good stuff, and each console had its own flavor. It was the last gen where it was truly worth owning every console.

Since last gen......yeah.... My PC has 99% of the good games that come out on either the Xbox or Playstation, and the time between good exclusives (let alone interesting exclusives) is always increasing.

The Wii U barely gets exclusives itself, but at least when it does get them, they are of a unique variety that the other systems don't get (including PC). You aren't really going to find a Mario, Zelda, Bayonetta, etc. on other systems.

This is exactly why consoles don't excite me and it highlights how the PC is actual competition in the real world and in SWs. Console gamers try to argue they aren't competing until ironically the multiplat argument comes up, but they really do.

The X1 was so bad I went to the PC and the PC showed me how consoles aren't needed like they used to be. Now I'm getting multiplats on my PC, that means I'll likely only pick up 3 or 4 console games a year probably.

Console gamers think that delayed PC versions might deter us, why would it, I have enough to play on the PC, so I don't mind waiting a few months for GTAV for example. And the console game I want the most, Arkham Knight is again also coming to the PC. Fifa, Pro Evo, you name it.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#310 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

You know whats even more embarrassing?

Smart phones by next year will probably have the same power as the current gen consoles.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@kipsta77 said:

Actually hardware sales DO suggest the same. The trick is differentiating the mainstream PC OEM industry (usually without GPUs) from the Gaming Oriented hardware.

Nvidia's share price has been enjoying an absolutely positive trend since the past 7 years or so and thats 60% of the PC Gaming industry right there. AMD is in a bit of a pickle with a fluctuating trend but that is because R&D costs are too high, and they can't afford it. And imagine for a second that AMD powers consoles while there aint a single Nvidia Chip in any console. Thankfully for consoles, AMD is protected from insolvency by Law ;) If AMD dies, Nvidia will become a monopoly (which Laws prohibit).

No, because Intel still builds on-board GPU.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 AM-Gamer

@effec_tor: Lmao um no.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#313 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@clyde46: He says this until Microsoft pays them a couple of billion to put their best GPU into the next Xbox. Then they won't be saying that.They are just pissed that none of the game console makers picked nVidia GPU for their system. Too funny.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 AM-Gamer

@MlauTheDaft: The GC gets about as many exclusives as the Wii U. And every Xbox exclusive you named came to the PC about a year later.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@blackace said:

@clyde46: He says this until Microsoft pays them a couple of billion to put their best GPU into the next Xbox. Then they won't be saying that.They are just pissed that none of the game console makers picked nVidia GPU for their system. Too funny.

If they did, maybe the consoles wouldn't be such dog shit.

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts

Probably mad that they didn't get any of those console contracts. Instead they went with AMD.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@mikhail said:

@musicalmac said:

@wis3boi said:

Oh god this nonsense...do some research. Know why pc sales are slipping (and has nothing to do with gaming)? Because we don't buy prebuilds to play games, genius.

What percentage of PC owners built their own computer?

Not sure what that has to do with anything. You just said PC sales have been slipping which isn't true, PC hardware and game sales have been going up every single year for a few years now.

Skimmed, but isnt hardware like racking up inventory costs aka not selling?

Last I hear everyone focusing on software

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#319 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Sounds like his jimmies got rustled...

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

star citizen survey, 82 percent of their survey respondents volunteered they built their own pc. (n = between 10 & 20K) http://games.on.net/2013/04/star-citizen-being-built-for-pc-gamers-who-like-to-take-pride-in-building-their-own-pcs/

so i wouldn't accept declining sales of prebuilt PCs as any indication pc gaming is on the decline.

Pretty much. Hell, even the office i work at assembles their own desktops. People who want reliable systems make their own, and its increasingly the average joe as well

masterleaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By masterleaff
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@newxerxes said:

Apples and oranges bro.

In your opinion. PC is 1 system. Xbox One is 1 system. PS4 is 1 system.

Windows pc is a platform. Dell Optiplex is a system

Mac is a platform. Mac xxx is a system

Xbox 360 is a platform. 360 slim is a system.

Would you like to compare mac gaming revenue vs the 360?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@masterleaff said:

@Jankarcop said:

@newxerxes said:

Apples and oranges bro.

Nope. PC is one. PS4 is one. WiiU is one. Each has their own games and sales.

masterleaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By masterleaff

@Jankarcop said:

@masterleaff said:

@Jankarcop said:

@newxerxes said:

Apples and oranges bro.

Nope. PC is one. PS4 is one. WiiU is one. Each has their own games and sales.

Nope. From PC Magazine:

The largest client platforms are x86/Windows, x86/Mac, ARM/Android and ARM/iOS. http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/40175/computer-system

x86/Windows has their own games that aren't on x86/Mac.

Since all computer gaming platforms are lumped into one when counting revenue then it makes perfect sense to lump all the consoles together, which is exactly what new zoo does with their revenue pie charts.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#325 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

PC the largest gaming platform? It's certainly the best if you can afford a high end rig.

Consoles are still the biggest money maker though.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Jankarcop

@masterleaff said:

Nope. From PC Magazine:

The largest client platforms are x86/Windows, x86/Mac, ARM/Android and ARM/iOS. http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/40175/computer-system

Since all computer gaming platforms are lumped into one when counting revenue then it makes perfect sense to lump all the consoles together, which is exactly what new zoo does with their revenue pie charts.

Nope, we are talking systems. PC is one system.

For example,

If someone asked you how many AAA-AA are on each SYSTEM. You'd name the ones on PC, XBONE, PS4, and WIIU. One for each 4 current gen system. You wouldn't just name them on PC and then make one huge Console list. No one does that.

If someone asked you which one system has the most gaming software revenue in order, the first answer would be PC. Second place would be PS4 (example). Third place XBONE. Second place wouldn't directly go to "consoles", you'd be tricking the person who asked you about sales. The person asked which system, not systems plural.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Jankarcop

@Legend002 said:

PC the largest gaming platform? It's certainly the best if you can afford a high end rig.

A myth that mostly only NA still believes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/12/pc-gaming-hardware-worth-double-console-gaming-market-value-report/.

masterleaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 masterleaff

@Jankarcop said:

@masterleaff said:

Nope. From PC Magazine:

Nope, we are talking systems. PC is one system.

For example,

If someone asked you how many AAA-AA are on each SYSTEM. You'd name the ones on PC, XBONE, PS4, and WIIU. One for each 4 current gen system. You wouldn't just name them on PC and then make one huge Console list. No one does that.

If someone asked you which one system has the most gaming software revenue in order, the first answer would be PC. Second place would be PS4 (example). Third place XBONE. Second place wouldn't directly go to "consoles", you'd be tricking the person who asked you about sales. The person asked which system, not systems plural.

The term pc is on the same level of description and designation as the term console. A pc game can't run on every pc and a console game can't run on every console.

If the pc is a system then what is an individual configuration called? The Xbox One is a specific configuration and can be considered a system. A console can range from the Atari 2600 to the PS 4 and a pc can range from the late 70's pc's to todays bleeding edge systems.

Do the latest pc games run on the Acer E1-510P-4828.

Not only does AC Unity not run on Mac and Linux, most Windows computers are incapable of running it as well.

If you want to compare exclusives you can throw Mac and Linux into that list as well.

PC revenue includes casual browser games which don't exist on console and mmo's that are just getting started on console. PC revenue is lumping together windows, mac, linux, Windows 8 tablets and more, and you want to compare all those combined to one console that released a year ago? Those fanboy goggles have fogged up from all your hot air and is preventing from seeing clearly.

@Jankarcop said:

@Legend002 said:

A myth that mostly only NA still believes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/12/pc-gaming-hardware-worth-double-console-gaming-market-value-report/.

PC revenue includes casual browser games which don't exist on console and mmo's that are just getting started on console. PC revenue is lumping together windows, mac, linux, Windows 8 tablets and more, and you want to compare all those combined to one console that released a year ago? Those fanboy goggles have fogged up from all your hot air and is preventing from seeing clearly.

I would imagine the average self built pc is at least twice the cost of a console and the average prebuilt is probably 2.5-3x the cost of consoles. Then factor in all those annual and bi=annual gpu upgrades...........

Myrdraal81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Myrdraal81

@masterleaff said:

The term pc is on the same level of description and designation as the term console. A pc game can't run on every pc and a console game can't run on every console.

If the pc is a system then what is an individual configuration called? The Xbox One is a specific configuration and can be considered a system. A console can range from the Atari 2600 to the PS 4 and a pc can range from the late 70's pc's to todays bleeding edge systems.

Not only does AC Unity not run on Mac and Linux, most Windows computers are incapable of running it as well.

If you want to compare exclusives you can throw Mac and Linux into that list as well.

I would imagine the average self built pc is at least twice the cost of a console and the average prebuilt is probably 2.5-3x the cost of consoles. Then factor in all those annual and bi=annual gpu upgrades...........

That's not exactly how we should look at it. We take PC as an inclusive platform because all players play together. There is no independant Mac or Linus server. And the developement process and costs are nowhere near what they are for the different architectures between consoles. Moreover, the market share isn't nearly the same. If you want to isolate Windows-based PC gaming you can suit yourself all day, as the numbers won't change all that much,

The "console that released a year ago" is a fallacious argument. We don't compare 30 years of PC gaming to this year of consoles. We compare year to year revenu. Date of release is of no consequence in that statistic. And the heart of the matter is that PC (particularly mobile, true, but pure PC as well) as been growing at an incredible rate. I understand that one can feel like excluding mobile, and I would like to see stats without it myself, but it is still gaming that, while casual, is mostly only possible on PC thanks to the flexibility of the patform. Like a mom owning a Wii to play wii-fit once a week is part of console statistics.

As for cost. A $1200 gaming PC will often actually save you money over the course of a generation. As for annual upgrades, it is propaganda only hard-headed fanbois want to believe in. A well built $1200 PC will last you 5 years easy, and will save you enough money in that time for a whole new system, though all you could need, if that time, after that is a new card for about $250. You are mistaken if you think console is the less expensive option. As an example, my Jan. 2011 $1100 build still runs anything I throw at it on med-high to Ultra and I don't expect to upgrade anything in it for a good 2 years at least. I have played well over 200 games on it in that time, for thousands of hours. My 7 years old PS3 has cost me about 1k in the time I have owned it. I have 7 games. It is not even comparable.

masterleaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 masterleaff

@myrdraal81 said:

@masterleaff said:

That's not exactly how we should look at it. We take PC as an inclusive platform because all players play together. There is no independant Mac or Linus server. And the developement process and costs are nowhere near what they are for the different architectures between consoles. Moreover, the market share isn't nearly the same. If you want to isolate Windows-based PC gaming you can suit yourself all day, as the numbers won't change all that much,

The "console that released a year ago" is a fallacious argument. We don't compare 30 years of PC gaming to this year of consoles. We compare year to year revenu. Date of release is of no consequence in that statistic. And the heart of the matter is that PC (particularly mobile, true, but pure PC as well) as been growing at an incredible rate. I understand that one can feel like excluding mobile, and I would like to see stats without it myself, but it is still gaming that, while casual, is mostly only possible on PC thanks to the flexibility of the patform. Like a mom owning a Wii to play wii-fit once a week is part of console statistics.

As for cost. A $1200 gaming PC will often actually save you money over the course of a generation. As for annual upgrades, it is propaganda only hard-headed fanbois want to believe in. A well built $1200 PC will last you 5 years easy, and will save you enough money in that time for a whole new system, though all you could need, if that time, after that is a new card for about $250. You are mistaken if you think console is the less expensive option. As an example, my Jan. 2011 $1100 build still runs anything I throw at it on med-high to Ultra and I don't expect to upgrade anything in it for a good 2 years at least. I have played well over 200 games on it in that time, for thousands of hours. My 7 years old PS3 has cost me about 1k in the time I have owned it. I have 7 games. It is not even comparable.

Cross platform mp as valve calls it has no relevance. What do development cost have to do with it? The latest consoles are more alike than ever but what's that got to do with anything? Nothing. It is not the consolites fault that apple and linux dont try to be competitive in the gaming software market.

Of course isolating the different computing platforms would show windows as being hugely dominant but it also would more clearly illustrate what a monopoly computer gaming has while console gaming has healthy competition. You want to compare 1 monopolized platform type vs a platform splintered by competition and gens suit yourself all day but all you're doing is comparing apples to oranges.

A console that just came out a year ago compared to pc games that support hardware as much as 10 years old.......Whats mobile got to do with it? We all know steam is growing but at the same time steam is required for hundreds of pc games many of which are multiplats. Want to play Evil Within on console? You have 4 choices. Want to play it on pc? Windows only and you have to use steam. Again, monopolized platform vs a competitive platform type.

Cost is as black and white as many would lead us to believe. Steam stats prove that many pc gamers end up spending more because of steam sales than less. The only people who are saving enough on pc gaming to recoup the entry and upgrade costs are those buying games only on sale and/or those playing mainly f2p. Those are the minority otherwise pc gaming would collapse.

PS 3 isn't a fair example since it launched with blu ray at a time when standalone bluray players were $800. And here we go again with the pc biased price comparison with comparing a guy buying pc games on sale vs console games at full price as if console games never drop in price, go on sale, can be resold and borrowed from friends.

Myrdraal81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Myrdraal81

You aren't even trying to make a point, but arguing and dodging for the sake of it. I'm done.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Jankarcop

@myrdraal81 said:

You aren't even trying to make a point, but arguing and dodging for the sake of it. I'm done.

His argument actually doesn't matter going by these forum rules. It isn't how SW operates. Moderators of this forum have banned him for this topic in the past. PC counts as 1 system, as do each consoles.

He's just blowing hot air.

The fact of the matter is, you can go to Metacritic and see how many aaa-aa the PC SYSTEM had for a single year, you can do the same for each separate console. After you are done you're not going to automatically combine the 3 console figures against PC. No one does that.

You know this entire arguement started once Cranler found out each console was behind PC in just about every statistic, so he had to start combining consoles. The sad part is he's still behind after combining them.

RageQuit4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#333  Edited By RageQuit4Life
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

In the past, PC's power is not much ahead of console systems. As we can see that PC is much ahead of PS4/Xbox One when they got released. If Nvidia want to dominate in the gaming system market much further, they will just release new and more powerful graphic cards in each year so it will surpass PS4/Xbox One's power in speed of light so Nvidia could show the mass that PC gaming is way better. Hell, PS4/Xbox One is not even close matured console system yet, I'm quite sure that PS4/Xbox One could last in 6 or 7 years (until 2019 or 2020) like last generation. So it will give Nvidia plenty of time to work on new graphic cards to be released in each year to dominate the market.

Sorry for bad English.

masterleaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 masterleaff

@myrdraal81 said:

I addressed every point you made. If you make a point you need to explain why it's relevant. Development costs? Why does that matter? Explain yourself.

@Jankarcop said:

@myrdraal81 said:

His argument actually doesn't matter going by these forum rules. It isn't how SW operates. Moderators of this forum have banned him for this topic in the past. PC counts as 1 system, as do each consoles.

He's just blowing hot air.

The fact of the matter is, you can go to Metacritic and see how many aaa-aa the PC SYSTEM had for a single year, you can do the same for each separate console. After you are done you're not going to automatically combine the 3 console figures against PC. No one does that.

You know this entire arguement started once Cranler found out each console was behind PC in just about every statistic, so he had to start combining consoles. The sad part is he's still behind after combining them.

MMO's are just getting started on consoles and consoles don't have the casual browser game market which is bigger than pc's boxed and downloaded game market. Apples and oranges as usual. Meanwhile GTA V continues the string of consoles breaking not only video game sales records but entertainment launch records.

@speak_low said:

First of all, Star Citizen and other games - which I'm excited for since they could be Oculus Rift-enabled some day - still represent the exceptions and anomalies (and crowd-funding is a terrific way to raise money but not reliable for every game. I have a list of great products that failed to meet their goals and never surfaced due to crowd-funding limitations). But my real question is: will we see more AAA output, bigger and better production values and more revenue coming in for publishers, if consoles were brutally excised from the platform equation tomorrow? That's my point blank question, in response to the controversial, crazy belief that consoles are holding everything back, standing in PC's way, ruining everything and are a complete waste of time/money/space.

I'm asking this point blank quesiton so people will learn to finish their plates. If they make a bold statement, I need them to thoroughly convince me that their alternate plan and well-structured future scenario (and ability to work through a problem) is better than what we have. They're asking us to take steps but give no roadmap. And so far, I see no plausible answers, or anything past an adolescent line or two. I suspect they're speaking less from a sensible, sincere place, and more from a juvenile, knee-jerk reaction at seeing consoles getting any media attention and topping sales charts. Nothing is stopping PC from topping the charts too. Worry about that rather than the competition doing its own thing.

Also, I'm not denying Steam is growing. If anything, the PC game sales of popular AAA games should be far better to reflect that, if anything. But they aren't shooting up that dramatically nor handily beating PS4, X1 or PS360 sales every month, despite having the larger install base. I don't even need to check which version of Alien Isolation or CoD:AW will sell the most. PC gamers and consoles gamers know the answer.

And I like the idea of Steam Machines and similar products that are about to come out. I'm not anti-PC or saying no one moves their PC tower or AlienWare box around the house. I'm calling out some users who are making really brash statements about the industry and consoles and where it needs to go, but then supply no information and don't even have a sketchy treatise ready when I asked for it. For all the critical talk and PC Extremist invasion of every Youtube comment section on the web, they suddenly clam up when asked for better solutions to simple questions. If their answer is "make PS4/X1 as powerful as 780ti; get 60fps now and I happy" - wow, this is what I'm working with.

Who cares, BigBOI. Your name sounds like a 2003 Xbox Live GameTag where you couldn't think of anything at the registration screen. It was probably that or Chronic420 or NWO4L1fe.

I like how I wrote all of that stuff earlier about the industry and console gaming, and that is your only "question" and response.

Waste of time discussing things on SW sometimes.

Serious talking is an endangered species on SW.

If console gaming didn't exists then many of those consolites would be on pc but they would likely be on the low end so we would be back at square one.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Jankarcop

@masterleaff said:
@Jankarcop said:

MMO's are just getting started on consoles and consoles don't have the casual browser game market which is bigger than pc's boxed and downloaded game market. Apples and oranges as usua

That is not apples and oranges. Just because console doesn't certain excel at genres doesn't mean we can't compare PC and XBOX, PS4, OR WiiU: you literally just made that up on the spot. IF someone IRL asked you which system had more gaming software sales and aaa-aa scoring titles, XboxOne or PC, what would your answer be? Would you lie to him like you lie here? Would you really tell him "but you have to combine all consoles first"? No...no one would do that, the person would think you are an absolute tard and ask why you are bringing 2 other systems into the debate.

People usually compare 1v1 here at SW, and if its 3v1 (like you do) it is pointed out and noted as such, It's not like your little revolution is catching on Cranler. Sorry.

Deal with SW rules, and common sense.

P.S> I'm honored that people pretty much have been reduced to beg and plead to use 3vs1 against PC in order to even come close to it. God damn, now that's a titan of a system.

masterleaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 masterleaff

@Jankarcop said:

@masterleaff said:
@Jankarcop said:

MMO's are just getting started on consoles and consoles don't have the casual browser game market which is bigger than pc's boxed and downloaded game market. Apples and oranges as usua

That is not apples and oranges. Just because console doesn't certain excel at genres doesn't mean we can't compare PC and XBOX, PS4, OR WiiU: you literally just made that up on the spot. IF someone IRL asked you which system had more gaming software sales and aaa-aa scoring titles, XboxOne or PC, what would your answer be? Would you lie to him like you lie here? Would you really tell him "but you have to combine all consoles first"? No...no one would do that, the person would think you are an absolute tard and ask why you are bringing 2 other systems into the debate.

People usually compare 1v1 here at SW, and if its 3v1 (like you do) it is pointed out and noted as such, It's not like your little revolution is catching on Cranler. Sorry.

Deal with SW rules, and common sense.

P.S> I'm honored that people pretty much have been reduced to beg and plead to use 3vs1 against PC in order to even come close to it. God damn, now that's a titan of a system.

If someone asked me I would break down the sales figures since the platforms are so different that a simple black and white comparison is foolish. That's why the new zoo pie chart specifies how much revenue each sector brings in.

You're combining all computing platforms. You count windows, mac and linux platforms all of which encompass multiple gens of hardware and you want to pit them all up against the xbox one? Lol, fanboyism at it's finest. That's a zero common sense comparison there.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Jankarcop

@masterleaff said:

You're combining all computing platforms. You count windows, mac and linux platforms all of which encompass multiple gens of hardware and you want to pit them all up against the xbox one? Lol, fanboyism at it's finest. That's a zero common sense comparison there.

You're making up your own rules here. SW already has rules. PC is one system, not whatever fantasy talk you're doing.

Maybe post at another site?

Factually speaking, PC has more sales and high scoring games than xbone or ps4.

masterleaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 masterleaff

@Jankarcop said:

@masterleaff said:

You're making up your own rules here. SW already has rules. PC is one system, not whatever fantasy talk you're doing.

What rules? We're in a reality where the personal computer has multiple platforms just like consoles.

More sales of what? Consoles have more boxed and downloaded sales of mid core games while PC has more revenue with mmo's and browser games. How can console beat pc at a game it doesn't play? It's like trying to claim pwnage because Lebron James dunked more baskets than Peyton Manning in 2013.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By Jankarcop

@masterleaff said:

@Jankarcop said:

@masterleaff said:

What rules?

SW rules. The ones that got you banned multiple times for this very conversation.

3vs1 won't work. Can you link to me one gaming forum where this 3vs1 shit is actually accepted? (I bet you won't provide a link)

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#340 Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

NVIDIA > consoles.

Always and forever.

Lol consoles.

Such mad,

This, masterleaff, guy sounds a lot like another banned loser.

He should probably be banned as well.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#341 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

@clyde46: i imagine everyone's correct that Nvidia's just butthurt about AMD getting the console contracts this gen.

coincidence they are correct though.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By elessarGObonzo
@Jankarcop said:

@masterleaff said:

PC is one platform. MAC is one platform. Linux is one platform. that's why you need different versions of the games for Windows or MAC and at least a emulator for Linux.

@ProtossX said:

how are consoles milking people have you seen world of warcraft business model?

15 dollars a month, tons of in game purchases 60 dollar character change, 60 dollar level 90 boost 20 dollar transfers

and have you seen steam

oh buy all this crap for 59 dollars when u get the game an all that stuff for like 20 dollars at amazon as like a greatest hits no dude ur wrong

and look at LoL and like stuff on pc oh u can buy all the heros for like 500 dollars thats a scam bro hearthstone like 500 dollars forr all the legends

no dude the milking is actually alive an thriving on pc dont u dare say microsoft an sony are doing it worse just look at blizzard look at riot look at steam an compare it to like amazon deals no dude ur a liar an wrong

yes, check Steam. the same games you're paying $60 for on either console will usually come out through Steam for Windows for ~$20 less. older games are usually less than $20, and they're not used discs like your console game deals.

the MMO market is just a freaking joke though. even Free-To-Play games have so much added charge for UI and character customizations, in-game money, special items, quests, anything you can think of you'll be charged for. even to coordinate your armor's color in The Old Republic they charge you.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Jankarcop

@elessarGObonzo said:
@Jankarcop said:

@masterleaff said:

PC is one platform. MAC is one platform. Linux is one platform. that's why you need different versions of the games for Windows or MAC and at least a emulator for Linux.

PC is one system. As is XBONE or PS4. Those are SW rules. Example:

Games Y purchased a Gaming-PC. It is one system. It plays all of its listed aaa-aa-a games in the Metacritic/GS list since 2013.

Gamer X purchased a XBone. It is one system. It plays all of its listed aaa-aa-a games in the Metacritic/GS list since 2013.

PC has more far aaa-aa-a games than XBONE. One system > Another system.

See, I just compared 2 systems without fault or issue. Did I do something wrong?

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By elessarGObonzo

@Jankarcop said:

i never pay much attention to sales figures, just how much better the graphics and games are. could you post links to these figures you're mentioning about PC sales being so much higher?

i know PC is a "better" platform in most of the senses. but, some of the consoles have exclusives that people need the platform for. some people are scared off by PC myths. some people just love their console or that console's producer. some people can't afford to build a decent a PC, so they go the cheaper route = console(even though the games cost more). the only thing that sparks these debates is people touting how much "better" their platform is than another, and people have proven here millions of times through their arguments that it depends on your preference...

masterleaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 masterleaff

@Jankarcop said:

@masterleaff said:

@Jankarcop said:

@masterleaff said:

What rules?

SW rules. The ones that got you banned multiple times for this very conversation.

3vs1 won't work. Can you link to me one gaming forum where this 3vs1 shit is actually accepted? (I bet you won't provide a link)

What rules? I wasn't forced to agree to some distorted, biased view of what counts for a platform.

@Dasein808 said:

NVIDIA > consoles.

Always and forever.

Lol consoles.

Such mad,

This, masterleaff, guy sounds a lot like another banned loser.

He should probably be banned as well.

Someone who calls other losers must consider themselves to be winners but it looks like winning isn't making you happy since you always seem to be mad.

@elessarGObonzo said:

yes, check Steam. the same games you're paying $60 for on either console will usually come out through Steam for Windows for ~$20 less. older games are usually less than $20, and they're not used discs like your console game deals.

In most cases the msrp is the same on all platforms. Some games will be $10 cheaper like Alien and Mordor but most multiplats are the same msrp.

@Jankarcop said:

PC is one system. As is XBONE or PS4. Those are SW rules. Example:

Games Y purchased a Gaming-PC. It is one system. It plays all of its listed aaa-aa-a games in the Metacritic/GS list since 2013.

Gamer X purchased a XBone. It is one system. It plays all of its listed aaa-aa-a games in the Metacritic/GS list since 2013.

PC has more far aaa-aa-a games than XBONE. One system > Another system.

See, I just compared 2 systems without fault or issue. Did I do something wrong?

Sorry but it's not that simple.

The pc is a type of system and an individual config is a system.

Comparing a new platform to a platform whose latest games can can support hardware as old as 10 years and has no approval process to release games on.