No multiplayer for Metroid Prime 3. confirmed.

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael85"][Because it's a great game that gets hated on for the very same reason any other great shooter gets hated on: the haters can't play it.Verge_6

Or, it could be that they, say...have a different opinion than yours? :?

Its actually a very good game. Idk why people dont like it. I think they are just bad at it. there are plenty of bad players on wifi

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael85"][Because it's a great game that gets hated on for the very same reason any other great shooter gets hated on: the haters can't play it.Verge_6

Yes, a different opinion that just happens to be formed on the basis that the haters either can't handle the controls or don't understand the gameplay mechanics, or in english: they can't play it.

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

Did anyone play the multiplayer on MP2? it sucked

Damn fanboys making excuses. As long as the single player pwns i dont care

FonkeyMunky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FonkeyMunky7
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="Michael85"][Because it's a great game that gets hated on for the very same reason any other great shooter gets hated on: the haters can't play it.TalesofRaGnArOk

Idk why people dont like it.

It's called an OPINION just like the poster you quoted said.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="Michael85"][Because it's a great game that gets hated on for the very same reason any other great shooter gets hated on: the haters can't play it.Michael85

Yes, a different opinion that just happens to be formed on the basis that the haters either can't handle the controls or don't understand the gameplay mechanics, or in english: they can't play it.

...This is rediculous. People don't hate things because they are simply bad at it. I thought this was common sense. I hate GTA: SA for instance. Do I hate it because I keep getting CJ killed? No. I beat the game in about half a week. I hated it because of the abundance of ghetto-rat culture and the like.

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Michael85

Did anyone play the multiplayer on MP2? it sucked

Damn fanboys making excuses. As long as the single player pwns i dont care

NorthlandMan

Yeah, it was lacking because they tried to build a multiplayer aspect based on a lock-on system, but it wasn't horrible, per se.

I can think of worse.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Can you say damage control? :lol:

FonkeyMunky7

How so? Most people who have played either Prime know that multiplayer just won't work and are quite happy Retro didn't waste their time attempting to provide a mediocre online experience just because they could.
FonkeyMunky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 FonkeyMunky7
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="Michael85"][Because it's a great game that gets hated on for the very same reason any other great shooter gets hated on: the haters can't play it.Michael85

Or, like me, they don't like it because its simply not fun for them? I got really far into the game and I just got bored with it so I haven't played it.

Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

It's okay if you sucked at it. A lot of people suck at Halo, but you don't see them complaining that it's a bad game. Only cows do that.

Michael85

Can you read? Do you have basic comprehension skills?

I just didn't like the game. If I hated on games I wasn't good at I would most likely be hating on Counter-Strike. Someone doesn't have to be bad at a game to hate it.

FonkeyMunky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 FonkeyMunky7
[QUOTE="FonkeyMunky7"]

Can you say damage control? :lol:

foxhound_fox

How so? Most people who have played either Prime know that multiplayer just won't work and are quite happy Retro didn't waste their time attempting to provide a mediocre online experience just because they could.

I've just heard alot of hype about MP3 online on this board and the Nintendo board and it seems funny that now they just say SP will be great.

Reminds me of GT fans hyping damage on GT5 and then finding out it wasn't gonna happen.

No offence meant to the sheep (or cows)...

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Nintendo's Online is a joke. I don't even think SSBB is going to have Online either.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
I didn't purchase the first 2 for multilayer. So this isnt anything I should care about..
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Awesome, now they can spend more time working on the SP and hopefully make it a First-Person Adventure game that rivals the first Metroid Prime.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Michael85
[QUOTE="Michael85"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="Michael85"][Because it's a great game that gets hated on for the very same reason any other great shooter gets hated on: the haters can't play it.FonkeyMunky7

Or, like me, they don't like it because its simply not fun for them? I got really far into the game and I just got bored with it so I haven't played it.

You just proved my point. Reread my original post in this thread, then read your response.

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 NorthlandMan

bu.bu.bu.....teh bioshock does not have multiplayer so it is bad game

This is dissapointing but some of you crybaby fanboys (like the TC) are acting like it's the end of the world. It's not as if you're going to buy a Wii again and nothing that fanboys say is going to make the Wii any less successful or Metroid Prime 3 any worse

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

It's confirmed on 1up. I'm too angry and lazt to link it, look for yourself. That really sucks though. We were told for months that there was going to be a multiplayer component to this highly anticipated title. Now I can officially say that I will NEVER buy a Nintendo Wii. Just like with the Gamecube, they don't give a crap about online play. Nintendo disappoints me.ChiefFreeman

What? It's been known for MONTHS that there would not be multiplayer. And other online games are coming out; Nintendo doesn't give a crap about online play because a game that's predecessor had less-than-good multiplayer doesn't have it? Quite honestly, do you want Metroid Prime 2 Echoes multiplayer online? It was horrible.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I've just heard alot of hype about MP3 online on this board and the Nintendo board and it seems funny that now they just say SP will be great.

Reminds me of GT fans hyping damage on GT5 and then finding out it wasn't gonna happen.

No offence meant to the sheep (or cows)...

FonkeyMunky7

You have any proof of this hype? I have been saying ever since I heard the rumours MP3 may have online that it was a bad idea. And I'm not even a sheep. You cannot present an argument without someway of backing it up.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

Nintendo's Online is a joke. I don't even think SSBB is going to have Online either.

PS3_3DO

I wouldn't say that. A big selling point for Brawl is the online, and it just wouldn't be smart to not have it.

And have you played Strikers's online?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
CONFIRMED this is old news. CONFIRMED single player will be great, you can count on that.
FonkeyMunky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 FonkeyMunky7
[QUOTE="FonkeyMunky7"][QUOTE="Michael85"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

You just proved my point. Reread my original post in this thread, then read your response.

The only point you've attempted to make was that people don't like it because they suck at it... Or was it the first post you made about it never having online announced? Could you please explain to me what point I just proved?

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
didn't we allready know this..?
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NorthlandMan

As a frame of reference here are some more topics from ChiefFreeman

Nintendo will NEVER lead the game industry with an underpowered console

The only reason the Wii is #1is it's cheap price

It would be cool if Reggie Fils-Aime quit Nintendo to work for Sony

The Wii's true worth in your opinion. $50-75.00?

does anyone actually think he was ever going to buy a Wii? fanboy obviously hates Nintendo

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] OMG....somebody quote this :lol:VGobbsesser

Don't worry,I will.:wink:

I think he wanted you to quote the "You don't know that for a fact" and then how he said "it WILL get A".

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
its funny that people classify the MP series in the same genre as Halo.  They're nothing alike beside from being from the same perspective (FPS).  Besides that, there's nothing the same.  Metroid is a more methodical, platforming game.  Halo is combat oriented.  Halo 3 multiplayer is going to be awesome.  Metroid multiplayer, I assure you, would've sucked.  Stop trying to group Halo and Metroid together 
Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Demetri_OS
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
Wii's online multiplayer is pretty much non-existent. But, you CAN re-buy a bunch of OLD Nintendo games!!!! Woo,.... hoo??