No multiplayer for Metroid Prime 3. confirmed.

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts
It's confirmed on 1up. I'm too angry and lazt to link it, look for yourself. That really sucks though. We were told for months that there was going to be a multiplayer component to this highly anticipated title. Now I can officially say that I will NEVER buy a Nintendo Wii. Just like with the Gamecube, they don't give a crap about online play. Nintendo disappoints me.
Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
It's confirmed on 1up. I'm too angry and lazt to link it, look for yourself. That really sucks though. We were told for months that there was going to be a multiplayer component to this highly anticipated title. Now I can officially say that I will NEVER buy a Nintendo Wii. Just like with the Gamecube, they don't give a crap about online play. Nintendo stinks.ChiefFreeman
But the SP will be awesome.:|
hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts
Who cares. The game is going to be awesome anyway. A true new way of playing a first person shooter. Too bad I won't be playing it for a while. Not until I see a new announced Zelda before I purchase a Wii again.
Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts
Old to the 4th dimension. I just hope its single player is phenominal (which judging by the first Metroid Prime, it won't dissapoint).
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChiefFreeman
But I was under the FALSE impression that there was going to be multiplayer. They lied.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

OLD.

If you paid attention, we figured this out when we saw the official boxart without the Wi-Fi logo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

. We were told for months that there was going to be a multiplayer component to this highly anticipated title.ChiefFreeman

Um....I don't recall that...

Anwyays,I'm glad they left it single-player.I can't wait to get my hands on it.:D

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 slothboyadvance

We were told for months that there was going to be a multiplayer component to this highly anticipated title.ChiefFreeman

You got a link to back that up?

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
This is good news. I'd rather have them focus all their time and energy on making an excellent single-player experience, instead of having the single-player suffer as a result of wasting time on what would be an average multi-player experience.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

metroid multiplayer never really went down well. Especially after hunters were we had a merely ok online mode and a gimped single player campaign.

a quality single player experience > a halfassed single player AND multiplayer experience.

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

[QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"]It's confirmed on 1up. I'm too angry and lazt to link it, look for yourself. That really sucks though. We were told for months that there was going to be a multiplayer component to this highly anticipated title. Now I can officially say that I will NEVER buy a Nintendo Wii. Just like with the Gamecube, they don't give a crap about online play. Nintendo stinks.Sir-Marwin105

you dont know that for a fact:|

and this game will be an A with no online

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts

We've actually known this for a while. The game was never confirmed to have online play; everything you heard was speculation that turned into rumors when the game was delayed.

Yes, it's dissappointing, but the good news is that Retro's working on a non-Metroid title, so if they chose the FPS route again, I imagine they'll have a beefy online component.

bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#13 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts

OLD.

If you paid attention, we figured this out when we saw the official boxart without the Wi-Fi logo.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Multiplayer can be local too.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"][QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"]It's confirmed on 1up. I'm too angry and lazt to link it, look for yourself. That really sucks though. We were told for months that there was going to be a multiplayer component to this highly anticipated title. Now I can officially say that I will NEVER buy a Nintendo Wii. Just like with the Gamecube, they don't give a crap about online play. Nintendo stinks.tree-branch

I love irony tree-branch.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"][QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"]It's confirmed on 1up. I'm too angry and lazt to link it, look for yourself. That really sucks though. We were told for months that there was going to be a multiplayer component to this highly anticipated title. Now I can officially say that I will NEVER buy a Nintendo Wii. Just like with the Gamecube, they don't give a crap about online play. Nintendo stinks.tree-branch

OMG....somebody quote this :lol:
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]

OLD.

bryehngeocef

Multiplayer can be local too.

I hate split screen... I'd rather they just have no multiplayer and put all their focus into the single player action.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Why in God's name would ANYONE want online multiplayer, or multiplayer period, for MP3? Did you not play MP2's MP? It sucked absolute ass. Not only did the mechanics suck, but the very aspect of it sucked. The MEtroid series is centered around the gamer being in an isolated, secluded environment. A multiplayer element contradicts that in every respect. It's like putting a multiplayer mode in System Shock. Also, take a look at MP: H. The devs put a considerable amount of time into the MP portion of the game, and as a result, the SP portion tanked. Hard. Am I really the only gamer that prefers a good Campaign mode over a mindless MP match?
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="tree-branch"]

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"][QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"]It's confirmed on 1up. I'm too angry and lazt to link it, look for yourself. That really sucks though. We were told for months that there was going to be a multiplayer component to this highly anticipated title. Now I can officially say that I will NEVER buy a Nintendo Wii. Just like with the Gamecube, they don't give a crap about online play. Nintendo stinks.Shinobishyguy

OMG....somebody quote this :lol:

It looks like you already did :wink:

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts

You were under false speculation because the gaming sites were spreading rumours that there would be online multiplayerin the game. The developers already confirmed a while ago there would be no online multiplayer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

OMG....somebody quote this :lol:Shinobishyguy

Don't worry,I will.:wink:

Avatar image for brightshadow525
brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 brightshadow525
Member since 2006 • 1149 Posts

That was pretty funny... When Metroid hits stores (August 27-Pretty sure...), you better be on Gamespot to receive the award for most inaccurate crystal ball.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Somebody needs to play some Prime Hunters and find out why no multiplayer in Prime 3 is a good thing.
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts

You're right...i forgot Metroid Prime had always depended multiplayer and online to help boost up its scores:|

ziggy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ziggy87
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
but metroid prime hunters had mp
Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts

tree-branch

Just like Bioshock?

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 slothboyadvance

Somebody needs to play some Prime Hunters and find out why no multiplayer in Prime 3 is a good thing.foxhound_fox

Hunters pissed me off. Lackluster single player coupled with a lackluster multiplayer makes for a very lackluster experience.

...Lackluster (I love that word :D)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 foxhound_fox
but metroid prime hunters had mpziggy87

Did you happen to play the game? Both the singleplayer and multiplayer were mediocre at best.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Michael85

Why in God's name would ANYONE want online multiplayer, or multiplayer period, for MP3? Did you not play MP2's MP? It sucked absolute ass. Not only did the mechanics suck, but the very aspect of it sucked. The MEtroid series is centered around the gamer being in an isolated, secluded environment. A multiplayer element contradicts that in every respect. It's like putting a multiplayer mode in System Shock.Verge_6

I don't think having it fit with the story of the singleplayer is even an issue. That's just an excuse. Fact is, four red Master Chiefs and four blue Master Chiefs fighting over a flag doesn't make any damn sense at all. But it's fun, and that's what matters.

I've also noticed that the people who hated MPH the most are the ones who didn't even give the multi a chance. That's sad, considering it's easily the best handheld FPS game ever created.

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

actually, after E3 retro said there would be NO multiplayer.

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts
Great! Multiplayer was ruining Metroid games.
Smithgdwg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Smithgdwg
Member since 2003 • 1886 Posts

But I was under the FALSE impression that there was going to be multiplayer. They lied.ChiefFreeman

Ummm, its not like you bought it, then was told there was no Multiplayer. No loss, no foul.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChiefFreeman

All this game is is yet another reworked Gamecube title. Graphics look the same, gameplay will be the same, albeit with the wii-mote (big whoop). I'm surprised you're all taking this in stride. "Oh, it's okay, we LOVE whatever Nintendo puts out, even if it's a 2.5 year old Resident Evil 4 game made for Wii, or a Super Paper Mario game made that was originally a cube title, or a Zelda reworked cube title, etc, etc, etc.

Stop living up to your namesake and demand better out of Nintendo sheep! They still refuse to accept the necessity of online gaming. I'm glad I bailed out on them years ago. They have truly lost it.

Avatar image for brightshadow525
brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 brightshadow525
Member since 2006 • 1149 Posts
I think Multiplayer in MP2 hurt the game more than boost it's score... I wasn't looking forward to the Multiplayer anyway. Let's take a look back... Metroid Prime 1 Score: 9.7. Metroid Prime 1 did not have any type of multiplayer... Hmm...
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts

All this game is is yet another reworked Gamecube title. Graphics look the same, gameplay will be the same, albeit with the wii-mote (big whoop). I'm surprised you're all taking this in stride. "Oh, it's okay, we LOVE whatever Nintendo puts out, even if it's a 2.5 year old Resident Evil 4 game made for Wii, or a Super Paper Mario game made that was originally a cube title, or a Zelda reworked cube title, etc, etc, etc.

Stop living up to your namesake and demand better out of Nintendo sheep! They still refuse to accept the necessity of online gaming. I'm glad I bailed out on them years ago. They have truly lost it.

ChiefFreeman

Why do you care then if you've already "bailed".

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 slothboyadvance

All this game is is yet another reworked Gamecube title.ChiefFreeman

:lol: I stopped reading there! That was just overly fanboyish, I couldn't bare to read the rest! :lol:

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 slothboyadvance

I've also noticed that the people who hated MPH the most are the ones who didn't even give the multi a chance. That's sad, considering it's easily the best handheld FPS game ever created.

Michael85

I love Gears and Halo multiplayer but I hated MPH. Don't group people :wink:

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Michael85

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Somebody needs to play some Prime Hunters and find out why no multiplayer in Prime 3 is a good thing.slothboyadvance

Hunters pissed me off. Lackluster single player coupled with a lackluster multiplayer makes for a very lackluster experience.

...Lackluster (I love that word :D)

Sounds like you guys just couldn't hack it online, haha. With the exception of no in-game voice chat and the whole "friend-code-only" accessible modes, it's an awesome little game.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]Why in God's name would ANYONE want online multiplayer, or multiplayer period, for MP3? Did you not play MP2's MP? It sucked absolute ass. Not only did the mechanics suck, but the very aspect of it sucked. The MEtroid series is centered around the gamer being in an isolated, secluded environment. A multiplayer element contradicts that in every respect. It's like putting a multiplayer mode in System Shock.Michael85

I don't think having it fit with the story of the singleplayer is even an issue. That's just an excuse. Fact is, four red Master Chiefs and four blue Master Chiefs fighting over a flag doesn't make any damn sense at all. But it's fun, and that's what matters.

I'm not stating that it is bad because it doesn't make sense. Tell me where I said that. It directly contradicts the very essence of the MP series, and the whole game mechanic is just...ill-suited for multiplayer.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 foxhound_fox

ChiefFreeman

Interesting take you took there...

MP3:C

MP2:E

The game was built ground up for the Wii and looks better than anything now available for the Wii or Gamecube. And if you played either Prime 2 multiplayer or Prime Hunters, you would understand that the Prime gameplay does not lend itself to multiplayer fragging at all.

The game is offering something that is not available anywhere else, an entirely new way of playing a first person action adventure game in a way never experienced before. When was the last time you were able to reach out, grab the door handle and turn it to open the door?

Demand more from Nintendo? Why would I demand Nintendo when it is Retro making the game? Not to mention, Retro was challenged by Iwata to "match or exceed the Zelda experience" with Prime 3. I won't need to demand more if I already know that I am getting an incredibly high quality singleplayer experience.
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

ChiefFreeman

roflcopter :P :D :lol:

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Michael85
[QUOTE="Michael85"]

slothboyadvance

Not my fault you weren't good enough to compete in it. Don't get all mad about it.

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Michael85"]

Michael85

Not my fault you weren't good enough to compete in it. Don't get all mad about it.

It's multiplayer was just bad, get over it.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Verge_6
[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Michael85"]

Michael85

Dude, you're really getting way too defensive about Hunters...

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Michael85

It wasn't bad. I like playing MPH offline modes, but online was limited, and the SP was so-so, as if the dev didn't really care about it.

Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Michael85
[QUOTE="Michael85"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Michael85"]

Verge_6

Because it's a great game that gets hated on for the very same reason any other great shooter gets hated on: the haters can't play it.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Verge_6

[Because it's a great game that gets hated on for the very same reason any other great shooter gets hated on: the haters can't play it.Michael85

Or, it could be that they, say...have a different opinion than yours? :?

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I'm not really upset about Metroid Prime 3 not having multiplayer. It doesn't really fit the Metroid franchise anyway. I'll just use Battalion Wars 2 as my Wii online shooter fix.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

I dont detect any logical thinking in your statement, Tree Branch...

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="Michael85"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Michael85"]

Michael85

Because it's a great game that gets hated on for the very same reason any other great shooter gets hated on: the haters can't play it.

I'm not a hater. I own the game and I was pretty good at it (compared to my otherfriends who owned it). I just didn't like the repetitive single player mode and boring multiplayer.

Why is it no one can dislike a game without accusations being thrown at them? Seriously, some people have different likes and dislikes.