No Man's Sky fight trailer

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Sony has released the second (out of four) launch trailers

here it is

Are you excited?

I have seen better trailers about the game though.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Yes, I am excited.

Yes, I have seen better trailers too.

However this is a Day 10 purchase for me, I'll be on vacation when it releases.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#3 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Looks a lot of fun. Unfortunately I won't be able to get it for quite some time, since I am saving for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided :-(

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Combat looks lackluster , hope i'm wrong.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

That trailer has a lot to be excited about. Lots of different ships and encounters. Should be interesting.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I really look forward to giving this game a Go.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Well, this is the first exciting trailer I've seen from this game. The rest looks incredibly bland.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

No Man's Sky should be a VR game, cuz it really has nothing going for it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

Saw this trailer this morning and I gotta say, this game has what it takes to be the next big new IP and so far, I like what I'm seeing and my PS4 version is ready to download. No Man's Sky is the only game I'll spend my time with since I see nothing I want to play this August.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 commander

@davillain- said:

Saw this trailer this morning and I gotta say, this game has what it takes to be the next big new IP and so far, I like what I'm seeing and my PS4 version is ready to download. No Man's Sky is the only game I'll spend my time with since I see nothing I want to play this August.

What about mankind divided?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@commander said:
@davillain- said:

I wasn't really a fan of Human Resolution but that doesn't mean I hated it, it was okay and I'm just not even feeling the hype for Mankind Divided at all but that doesn't mean I won't buy it at all, I'll wait for a sale to get Mankind Divided for PC.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 commander

@davillain- said:
@commander said:
@davillain- said:

I wasn't really a fan of Human Resolution but that doesn't mean I hated it, it was okay and I'm just not even feeling the hype for Mankind Divided at all but that doesn't mean I won't buy it at all, I'll wait for a sale to get Mankind Divided for PC.

mankind divided will be much better

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8bd934e042e
deactivated-5a8bd934e042e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5a8bd934e042e
Member since 2010 • 93 Posts

I'm really looking forward to this game, but I hope they add capital ships or something similar in a DLC that you can live in, craft, etc. and use as a base.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This is a game xbox one owners all wanted but will never get.

Some of xbox one owners don't own a pc, they don't have the money for second console and they picked xbox one. You chose sides you chose wrong.

Street Fighter 5, No Man's Sky are flying off from that system.

This is a nightmare situation. These people bought the xbox one thinking all the games would be everywhere and be on everything. It's just not the case in this day an age.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

Will pass unless it on a big sale anybody that calls space sim boring yet say this looks interesting never played an actual space combat game before with any depth. Elite looks like it plays way better than this sorely on the combat itself. This looks incredibly bland, I don't how you can make combat far more bland than Elite lol

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Some of xbox one owners don't own a pc, they don't have the money for second console and they picked xbox one. You chose sides you chose wrong.

This is a nightmare situation. These people bought the xbox one thinking all the games would be everywhere and be on everything. It's just not the case in this day an age.

This game won't even be a footnote in the PlayStation 4 and PC library, it will survive on hype for a few days, people will get extremely bored with the endless lack of substance and meaningful content and never play it again.

Procedurally generated content regardless of its incarnation equates to rudimentary and bland content that is not complex enough to amount to anything even remotely as good as could be designed by a human, and the entire game is procedurally generated.

You know those dumpster fire missions added to some games after you beat them so you can play it infinitely? Yeah, that's No Man's Sky in a nutshell.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Looks a lot of fun. Unfortunately I won't be able to get it for quite some time, since I am saving for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided :-(

Elite Dangerous looks like the savior of space sim if you compare it to this.

@abtoxin said:

Will pass unless it on a big sale anybody that calls space sim boring yet say this looks interesting never played an actual space combat game before with any depth. Elite looks like it plays way better than this sorely on the combat itself. This looks incredibly bland, I don't how you can make combat far more bland than Elite lol

Space combat looks very bare bones in the trailer not even surprise. The whole hype is the exploration part of the game. If Elite Dangerous had foot combat it would probably look far more interesting.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By commander

@dynamitecop said:
@ProtossRushX said:

This game won't even be a footnote in the PlayStation 4 and PC library, it will survive on hype for a few days, people will get extremely bored with the endless lack of substance and meaningful content and never play it again.

Procedurally generated content regardless of its incarnation equates to rudimentary and bland content that is not complex enough to amount to anything even remotely as good as could be designed by a human, and the entire game is procedurally generated.

You know those dumpster fire missions added to some games after you beat them so you can play it infinitely? Yeah, that's No Man's Sky in a nutshell.

This game will give a whole new meaning to procedurally generated content, you just haven't realized it yet.?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@commander said:
@dynamitecop said:
@ProtossRushX said:

This game will give a whole new meaning to procedurally generated content, you just haven't realized it yet.?

No it really won't, it's simply doing what is already done on a larger scale, and instead of elements of a game being procedurally generated, the entire game is.

It's going to be cool for a few hours and then turn into a snoozefest.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

:O I'm too excited for words!!!

@dynamitecop said:
@ProtossRushX said:

This game won't even be a footnote in the PlayStation 4 and PC library,it will survive on hype for a few days, people will get extremely bored with the endless lack of substance and meaningful content and never play it again.

I'm gonna add this prediction to you long list of failed predictions like UC4 falling below 90 on MC and Xbone winning holiday 2015.

I've spent over 1200 hours on Elite Dangerous on PC and this game is even deeper than ED so I expect it to last a lot longer. If half of what Sean Murray says is true then fans of this game will be playing and enjoying this game for years to come.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

I really want to be excited for NMS, I really do coz I'm a big sci-fi fan but trailer after trailer, all I see is pretty much bare-bones stuffs. An ocean with a depth of a puddle is all get.

Looking forward to reviews coz I'll be more than glad to be proven wrong.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Wasdie said:

That trailer has a lot to be excited about. Lots of different ships and encounters. Should be interesting.

it peaked my interest,but im waiting to see how trading works.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

The only part I didn't put in bold is the only part where you speak the truth, the rest is your uninformed opinion. Seriously where do you get this shit from?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 commander

@i_p_daily said:
@ProtossRushX said:

The only part I didn't put in bold is the only part where you speak the truth, the rest is your uninformed opinion. Seriously where do you get this shit from?

yeah not everyone will be into this game, I think the comments speak for themselves.

On the other hand, I'm one of those xbox owners, but I do have money for a second console or to upgrade my pc.

Thank god!

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

@ProtossRushX: doesn't make sense for this not to be on xbone. Its gonna be on windows....microsoft and all....doesn't make sense to me why it would be on ps4 and not xbone. Either way i got a ps4 and pc so I'm covered but it is odd to me.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vaidream45

I am sad to say(as a big fan of space games) that this is looking worse and worse to me. No quests, no missions, no identity, no people to talk to, no goals, no reason to fire on another ship other than being a straight up murderer, no friends, no enemies, no playing with friends, no targeting system in ship. I was so excited about this when i first heard about it years ago. Add the fact that everything is pro gen and I just can't consider this a game. I can call this an experience for a few hours, but not a game. Games have purpose and goals. This is lacking that. Imagine if the Witcher 3 was all pro gen, had no character, no npcs, no missions, no quests, no enemies or friends. I don't think many of us would be talking about that game......

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 commander

@vaidream45 said:

I am sad to say(as a big fan of space games) that this is looking worse and worse to me. No quests, no missions, no identity, no people to talk to, no goals, no reason to fire on another ship other than being a straight up murderer, no friends, no enemies, no playing with friends, no targeting system in ship. I was so excited about this when i first heard about it years ago. Add the fact that everything is pro gen and I just can't consider this a game. I can call this an experience for a few hours, but not a game. Games have purpose and goals. This is lacking that. Imagine if the Witcher 3 was all pro gen, had no character, no npcs, no missions, no quests, no enemies or friends. I don't think many of us would be talking about that game......

the witcher 3 doesn't have 18 unique quintillion planets with unique fauna and flora.

It doesn't have spaceships and self replicating robots either

It's a survival game, and the goal is to get to the center of the universe.

You're comparing apples with oranges.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vaidream45

Survival game? Survive against what? Where isnthe threat in this game. I've seen all the videos on nms and the only time u are in danger is if u fire on animals, mine too many resources, or attack security. That's not survival that just being punished for being a criminal.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

The combat seems really basic. I get the feeling this game is going to contain everything and be good at nothing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#31 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts
@LustForSoul said:

The combat seems really basic. I get the feeling this game is going to contain everything and be good at nothing.

Ditto. Lot's of flash and wow, which is good for a trailer, if vapid, not so good for a game.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I don't know. On one hand, I really need a new game to get into, but on the other this one looks a little boring. Sure you can travel to randomly generated planets and go down to the surface, but the combat looks so stale. Fly after people, shoot, blow up, collect a few things, trade them, ... but no over arching story? Are there objectives?

Then there's the land part, and the animations aren't all that great on the randomly generated creature designs. In fact, in order to make procedural everything they have to sacrifice graphics everywhere. I'll wait for some reviews before I decide I guess, just hope it's fun.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@commander said:

yeah not everyone will be into this game, I think the comments speak for themselves.

On the other hand, I'm one of those xbox owners, but I do have money for a second console or to upgrade my pc.

Thank god!

Not every one is into any game what is your point.?

@dynamitecop said:

Hahahaaha Classic B4X meltdown over a game the mighty XBO doesn't get..lol

@spicymeatball27 said:

Looks boring & lame gameplay which looks terrible after seeing demos of actual gameplay. U can tell this looks indie, Cheap ass game they made & charging full price for it & no where near using any power of PS4.just like TLG & GT Sport Gimp edition.

good for those few who want it but looks like Cheap & weird

Hahahaha...You can taste the tears on this post...lol

@vaidream45 said:

@ProtossRushX: doesn't make sense for this not to be on xbone. Its gonna be on windows....microsoft and all....doesn't make sense to me why it would be on ps4 and not xbone. Either way i got a ps4 and pc so I'm covered but it is odd to me.

Windows is MS but is an open platforms,which mean nothing on it belong to MS other than things which are from MS.

@vaidream45 said:

That is funny because it would take you a billion years to explore all planets on NMS yeh you claim is a few hours experience.

Imagine if all games were like the Witcher 3,how boring the market would become.

Not everyone is into the same type of game,and that is fine from then to downplay what other game does comparing it with other which has nothing in common is a joke.

And i own the witcher 3 and is a fantastic game,but is not for every one,i have some friend who get bore to death by it.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

Hope it works out for them. The game looks cool may try this on PC. If it truly turns out to be a indie masterpiece they could start making bigger and better looking games for the future.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vaidream45

Yeah. Different strokes for different folks i guess. I know there are billions of planets and all. But with it being all pro gen i imagine after seeing the 100th planet or so it will have lost its charm and excitement. At least for me. But we all like different things and I'm glad u will enjoy NMS. Really it's my loss for not liking this kind of thing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator

I think the main issue is with this game is the high price ($60) that Hello Games is asking for just for a Indie Game but then again, Jim Sterling did a video about the high price for a indie game awhile back that perfectly sums up my opinion as far as the price goes and my opinion is, I'm still getting the game cause it's a new IP and we need more developers taking risk when it comes to new IP.

@dynamitecop said:

No it really won't, it's simply doing what is already done on a larger scale, and instead of elements of a game being procedurally generated, the entire game is.

It's going to be cool for a few hours and then turn into a snoozefest.

The developers hasn't been very good at making the case for the game to people who aren't immediately interested in the idea, or are skeptical of procedural generation. Which... you know, whatever, but it's a new IP, you'd think they'd be a little more enthusiastic. Its something a bit different, has potential to be absolutely addicting, it's a new IP, I been following No Man's Sky for two years and I been getting lots of info on it and totally down with this game.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Gunplay looks abysmal. The rest looks alright.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 commander
@tormentos said:
@commander said:

Thank god!

Not every one is into any game what is your point.?

HE said xbox owners ALL wanted

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

All I want is a procedurally generated freelancer game where you get rewarded for exploration, new ships new guns shortcuts and missions.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 commander
@vaidream45 said:

Survival game? Survive against what? Where isnthe threat in this game. I've seen all the videos on nms and the only time u are in danger is if u fire on animals, mine too many resources, or attack security. That's not survival that just being punished for being a criminal.

well maybe you need those resources to get to the centre of the universe...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I hope its good, I may double dip, but first is on my new rig, then later, if its good on PS4 when on sale.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 commander
@Heil68 said:

I hope its good, I may double dip, but first is on my new rig, then later, if its good on PS4 when on sale.

shame there no neo and neo version of this game at release, otherwise I wouldn't even bother with the pc.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Heil68

@commander said:
@Heil68 said:

shame there no neo and neo version of this game at release, otherwise I wouldn't even bother with the pc.

PS4 version will be just fine, its not a technical game or its art form.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I'll buy because innovation in this stagnant games industry should be rewarded but I really do hope that awful FoV can be expanded on PC, I detest games that blinker the player.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 commander

@Heil68 said:
@commander said:
@Heil68 said:

procedural generation may ask for a lot of calculation.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Heil68

@commander said:
@Heil68 said:
@commander said:
@Heil68 said:

I think they'll have that worked out since its the core of the game and what they have been advertising most.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I haven't been keeping up with this game but I actually might get it. I guess I'll just peek at some reviews just to make sure its not a broken glitchfest.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 commander

@Heil68 said:
@commander said:
@Heil68 said:
@commander said:

I think they'll have that worked out since its the core of the game and what they have been advertising most.

yeah of course but that doesn't mean it will run at 1080p and 60 fps.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68

@commander said:
@Heil68 said:
@commander said:
@Heil68 said:
@commander said:

And? Does that stop you from enjoy Xbox one games if they dont run at that resolution and framerate?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 commander

@Heil68 said:
@commander said:
@Heil68 said:
@commander said:

And? Does that stop you from enjoy Xbox one games if they dont run at that resolution and framerate?

IT's more than that, detail settings like view distance for instance.

I have skipped a lot of games on the xboxone (but i would have on the ps4 as well) because of framerate issues.