Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@samusbeliskner said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@samusbeliskner said:

The only thing Nintendo is going to crush is the fools who buy their next console, just like the crushed the fools who bought their last one.

Wii U has the best exclusives. I feel Nintendo has given me more than enough reason for my Wii U purchase.

I have one too, but it's not enough. It's the only console I have right now. I wish I could get my money back.

What has ps4/xbone giving exclusive wise thats not on a low end PC?

Sunset overdrive + Forza > All WiiU Games?t no

Bloodborne + Infamous > All WiiU Games? no

Third party has also been droughing like crazy on ps4/xbone/pc and those games all run on low end PC's at higher settings too, so wiiU gives people the most games overall for a multiconsole owner.

WiiU was worth it to you, I honestly bet you played more wiiU overall than all your other consoles this gen everyone I know who has wiiU plays those games the most over other systems for longer periods of time.

So how could it be the one you want to sell the most? Think about that.

I played my wiiu more than I did my 360 last gen, but I don't consider a Nintendo console a worthwhile investment until I get a Mario, Metroid, and a Zelda. I have played everything worth playing, save the upcoming Zelda, which I would gladly forgo to get my money back, as only after 2.5 years the console has no future.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

To OP:

Here is what you will get from nintendo

1. Games shown to launch near nx launch window delayed 1-3 years.

2. Long droughts with nothing new to play

3. third parties not bothering to port their games to the nintendo box

4. A lacking online structure that lacks features available in 1998

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@samusbeliskner said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@samusbeliskner said:

The only thing Nintendo is going to crush is the fools who buy their next console, just like the crushed the fools who bought their last one.

Wii U has the best exclusives. I feel Nintendo has given me more than enough reason for my Wii U purchase.

I have one too, but it's not enough. It's the only console I have right now. I wish I could get my money back.

A Wii U cannot stand alone, that's for sure. One also needs a PC, X1, or PS4. (Or heck even with a PS3 or 360 would suffice.)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Heirren: You fucking ping ponged away from the point again. Stick to it: we are talking about 3rd party. You said Nintendo's way is "the correct way" (direct quote from you), despite WiiU being a barren wasteland. Is that what you are happy with? Yes or no?

You said "Sony and ms are simply succumbing to 3rd party demands." Are you saying it's a bad thing that Sony and MS have done everything to get the most quality games for their system? Yes or no?

[I shouldn't type this because it's unrelated to the previous point, but I can't just ignore it] You have the bloody cheek to call Sony and MS "anti consumer"!? Are they the ones with region locked consoles? No, that's only Nintendo. Do they tie games and DLC to hardware so that it's all lost forever if the system breaks? No, that's only Nintendo. Do they refuse to ever drop their game prices, screwing poorer gamers? No, that's only Nintendo. Do they lock in game content behind expensive and rare children's toys? No, that's only Nintendo (and some 3rd parties) Do they refuse to sell new controllers? No, that's only Nintendo. (Your WiiU gamepad broke? **** YOU, BUY A NEW CONSOLE, LOL)

It blows my mind how Nintendo fanboys can come out with such utter, obvious shit. It's not even an attempt to be subtle, you just flat out say "Black is white, LOL". Christ.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@locopatho said:

@Heirren: ? No, that's only Nintendo. (Your WiiU gamepad broke? **** YOU, BUY A NEW CONSOLE, LOL)

Can't you just buy a wii pro controller then?

and you did have the option to send it to nintendo and they would send you a new one

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@locopatho said:

@Heirren: You fucking ping ponged away from the point again. Stick to it: we are talking about 3rd party. You said Nintendo's way is "the correct way" (direct quote from you), despite WiiU being a barren wasteland. Is that what you are happy with? Yes or no?

You said "Sony and ms are simply succumbing to 3rd party demands." Are you saying it's a bad thing that Sony and MS have done everything to get the most quality games for their system? Yes or no?

[I shouldn't type this because it's unrelated to the previous point, but I can't just ignore it] You have the bloody cheek to call Sony and MS "anti consumer"!? Are they the ones with region locked consoles? No, that's only Nintendo. Do they tie games and DLC to hardware so that it's all lost forever if the system breaks? No, that's only Nintendo. Do they refuse to ever drop their game prices, screwing poorer gamers? No, that's only Nintendo. Do they lock in game content behind expensive and rare children's toys? No, that's only Nintendo (and some 3rd parties) Do they refuse to sell new controllers? No, that's only Nintendo. (Your WiiU gamepad broke? **** YOU, BUY A NEW CONSOLE, LOL)

It blows my mind how Nintendo fanboys can come out with such utter, obvious shit. It's not even an attempt to be subtle, you just flat out say "Black is white, LOL". Christ.

I've answered this. You'll have to go back and read it again.

I don't have much of a positive opinion on any digital sales as the laws don't seem to be set in stone. There are positives and negatives on both sides of the fence. With Nintendo(atm), your digital purchases are tied to the console they were made on. They treat digital sales more along the lines of retail sales. You do keep proof of purchase, though. If the wiiu broke I could send it in and it would contain all the purchased software that I may have bought.

Sony and Microsoft, on the other hand, tie purchases to an account with an ever evolving TOS. The negative is that this is tied to a service. Say someone bought out sony or psn ceased to exist--that is the end of your proof of purchase. In addition to that, Sony has decided to not(as of now) bring over the enormous psn catalog to ps4 for download. Games that you once paid money for are now only accessible through a cloud gaming service. Now, lets say Sony did decide to bring over psx and ps2 games--if they wanted they could slap an "hd" tag(simple upscaling for example) on it or offer some trophy support and all of a sudden it becomes a different product.

Game prices? You mean msrp? Most games retain a fairly high msrp for quite some time. The Last of Us Remastered came up in a different thread awhile back stating it could be bought for around $20 now. Well, this is true, but the actual msrp is still $49.99. That isn't Sony lowering prices, it is retailers not moving enough product. Nintendo, as a sole game company, forecasts and attempts to predict sales to maximize profits. You'll often see games out of stock because of this. Retailers will then demand more which allows them to still sell at higher prices. That isn't anti consumer, it is simply a good business practice.

I don't follow what amiboo really offer but it is more along the lines of additional content, not locked content...though there was that animal crossin game on wiiu at e3...

The wiiu gamepad is grouped with the console. It works the same as a console repair, priced accordingly.

***SPeaking of repairs, I believe Nintendo has offered some of the best service in the industry. NES and SNES repairs were still offered when the 360 hit the market.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

What you think they follow a routine or something?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#159 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@commander said:

Some of you will think , what's wrong with this guy.

Yep.

Sony_SWAG-Nuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Sony_SWAG-Nuff
Member since 2015 • 45 Posts

Crush Sony?? LMFAO

If PS1 PS2 PS3 success is to go by... PS4 already won our Heart and theres no Tidal Wave stopping our party

Xbone tidal wave only damaged itself further below!! lol

PC hahahah dont make me laugh shit crash more Than a Nerd trying to attract fine girls ..

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#162 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@commander: Nintendo hasn't been the leader since SNES...

True and that's because sony came into the party. Sony probably stole nintendo's idea to go for 3D because back then 3d was far from a sure thing. 3D then was like VR now.People are very skeptical, if vr will be such a success like 3D is another story but right now it's very very comparable in what people think about this tech and how successfull it might be

Heck, nintendo released the powerglove in the past right. It could very well be that this nx system is very good at vr but like someone said before it's all assumptions, true, but there a big chance that this will all happen because what is nintendo going to do?

Make a similar system like the ps4 and X1 and hope for the best? That could happen, but they lost credit with the wiiu and a lot of people have already a next gen system. They aren't obliged to make a console as well.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By locopatho

@Heirren: You never answered my two simple questions. You rambled about vague "quality" and talked about reliability of hardware.

Answer the two simple questions, please. Do you ACTUALLY think that WiiU's utterly barren 3rd party support is "the correct way" as you put it, and MS and Sony are wrong for "succumbing to 3rd party demands" in order to get hundreds of fantastic games on their systems?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Yes, as it was implied in the prior post. There have been some good and great 3rd party titles released. However there are areas of the business model that have pushed for a less honest product. The entire EA thing is just disgusting. There are maybe 3(?) versions of Fifa, of which the highest cost on baits consumer into buying additional content, of which might(?) be on disc? Which leads to locked on disc content. The strange thing here is that it is sold as DLC--DOWNLOAD content--when in fact the end user is not actually downloading content at all. That actually seems illegal in my mind.

I honestly don't know what the heck is actually included on a lot of games anymore. I'm going to pick up either Fifa or PES this week and I'm not sure if the retail Fifa includes all the features on the box at $30, or if it is going to cost me an addition 20 or so dollars. And then, being someone who doesn't buy yearly updates, I have no idea if either of these games will be playable online in the near future. That isn't a pleasant customer experience.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Heirren said:

Yes, as it was implied in the prior post. There have been some good and great 3rd party titles released. However there are areas of the business model that have pushed for a less honest product. The entire EA thing is just disgusting. There are maybe 3(?) versions of Fifa, of which the highest cost on baits consumer into buying additional content, of which might(?) be on disc? Which leads to locked on disc content. The strange thing here is that it is sold as DLC--DOWNLOAD content--when in fact the end user is not actually downloading content at all. That actually seems illegal in my mind.

I honestly don't know what the heck is actually included on a lot of games anymore. I'm going to pick up either Fifa or PES this week and I'm not sure if the retail Fifa includes all the features on the box at $30, or if it is going to cost me an addition 20 or so dollars. And then, being someone who doesn't buy yearly updates, I have no idea if either of these games will be playable online in the near future. That isn't a pleasant customer experience.

I think you believe that Nintendo doesn't allow on disc DLC for games on their consoles (I don't think that's true) based on your "scumbing to third parties" line for MS and Sony. I'm pretty sure they make their own choices, and Nintendo has less of that issue, because TP just aren't on their system.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@samusbeliskner said:

Wii U's exclusives wasn't enough to avoid relatively low unit install base. Nintendo wasn't able to convert 25 percent of their existing Wii owners into Wii U owners.

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@samusbeliskner said:

Wii U's exclusives wasn't enough to avoid relatively low unit install base. Nintendo wasn't able to convert 25 percent of their existing Wii owners into Wii U owners.

It was less than 10% :)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By locopatho
@Heirren said:

Yes, as it was implied in the prior post. Then you are (sorry) a fool. 6 months of barren waste isn't superior to 6 months of awesome games, I don't care what drugs you are on. By demonising 3rd party games you sweep away the vast, VAST majority of the industry. Nintendo's backwards, stubborn "do shit our way" will never, ever win against Sony and MS's "Here gamers, here's what you want!" strategy. There's a reason WiiU is a disastrous failure.

There have been some good and great 3rd party titles released. Thousands upon thousands of them, 90+% of which Nintendo misses.

However there are areas of the business model that have pushed for a less honest product. The entire EA thing is just disgusting. There are maybe 3(?) versions of Fifa, of which the highest cost on baits consumer into buying additional content, of which might(?) be on disc? Which leads to locked on disc content. The strange thing here is that it is sold as DLC--DOWNLOAD content--when in fact the end user is not actually downloading content at all. That actually seems illegal in my mind.

I honestly don't know what the heck is actually included on a lot of games anymore. I'm going to pick up either Fifa or PES this week and I'm not sure if the retail Fifa includes all the features on the box at $30, or if it is going to cost me an addition 20 or so dollars. And then, being someone who doesn't buy yearly updates, I have no idea if either of these games will be playable online in the near future. That isn't a pleasant customer experience. Crazy overreation. The base games of FIFA and PES have vastly more content than the "complete" PS2 iterations gamers like you pine for. The DLC is all EXTRA AND IGNORABLE. You realise both games have edit modes where you can create whatever players and teams you want, right?

It's also a bit TOO convenient you "don't know" about Amiibos where are the EXACT thing you are against on Sony and MS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@locopatho said:
@Heirren said:

Yes, as it was implied in the prior post. Then you are (sorry) a fool. 6 months of barren waste isn't superior to 6 months of awesome games, I don't care what drugs you are on. By demonising 3rd party games you sweep away the vast, VAST majority of the industry. Nintendo's backwards, stubborn "do shit our way" will never, ever win against Sony and MS's "Here gamers, here's what you want!" strategy. There's a reason WiiU is a disastrous failure.

There have been some good and great 3rd party titles released. Thousands upon thousands of them, 90+% of which Nintendo misses.

However there are areas of the business model that have pushed for a less honest product. The entire EA thing is just disgusting. There are maybe 3(?) versions of Fifa, of which the highest cost on baits consumer into buying additional content, of which might(?) be on disc? Which leads to locked on disc content. The strange thing here is that it is sold as DLC--DOWNLOAD content--when in fact the end user is not actually downloading content at all. That actually seems illegal in my mind.

I honestly don't know what the heck is actually included on a lot of games anymore. I'm going to pick up either Fifa or PES this week and I'm not sure if the retail Fifa includes all the features on the box at $30, or if it is going to cost me an addition 20 or so dollars. And then, being someone who doesn't buy yearly updates, I have no idea if either of these games will be playable online in the near future. That isn't a pleasant customer experience. Crazy overreation. The base games of FIFA and PES have vastly more content than the "complete" PS2 iterations gamers like you pine for. The DLC is all EXTRA AND IGNORABLE. You realise both games have edit modes where you can create whatever players and teams you want, right?

It's also a bit TOO convenient you "don't know" about Amiibos where are the EXACT thing you are against on Sony and MS.

how do you come to that conclusion? I think I said earlier that I don't follow what amiibos do. I know about costumes and such. When I buy a Nintendo game I get all of the features on the back of the box.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By locopatho

@Heirren said:
@locopatho said:
@Heirren said:

how do you come to that conclusion? I think I said earlier that I don't follow what amiibos do. I know about costumes and such. When I buy a Nintendo game I get all of the features on the back of the box.

Amiibos are the exact same thing you dislike about Sony and MS and 3rd parties (so, the entire industry basically)

Splatoon for instance has far less content than the FIFA/PES games you are demonising. The latest iterations have months of content for you. You are pretending the extra optional shit ruins the core game somehow? It doesn't, I've never bought any.

But there's no point continuing, since you flat out admitted you prefer 6 months of barren droughts to 6 months of games. Enjoy WiiU I guess, it seems perfect for you.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#171  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

That would make for nice headlines....."Nintendo steps away from its clean image and emerges from the WiiU's ashes and crushes rivals Sony and Microsoft like coakroaches with a surprise power-house console release along with a huge list of exclusive AAA launch titles".....ok that doesn't sound just right it's a bit long for a headline......but yeah we shall see next year I guess

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@samusbeliskner said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@samusbeliskner said:

It was less than 10% :)

Agreed, the conversion rate was terrible and that was their existing users/customers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@locopatho said:
@Heirren said:
@locopatho said:
@Heirren said:

Amiibos are the exact same thing you dislike about Sony and MS and 3rd parties (so, the entire industry basically)

Splatoon for instance has far less content than the FIFA/PES games you are demonising. The latest iterations have months of content for you. You are pretending the extra optional shit ruins the core game somehow? It doesn't, I've never bought any.

But there's no point continuing, since you flat out admitted you prefer 6 months of barren droughts to 6 months of games. Enjoy WiiU I guess, it seems perfect for you.

I disagree about amiibos. I do not care for them but they are not the same thing as what I had mentioned.

I've got a ps4 too, but I'm backed up on wiiu releases. Too many great games on that console.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By locopatho

@Heirren said:

I disagree about amiibos.

So sorry, you can't disagree with facts. They have in game content locked behind them, for 15 to 25 euros a pop, whether you like it or not.

"I'm backed up on wiiu releases. Too many great games on that console." - Yeah, totally, a single worthwhile game in the past 6 months, HOW CAN ANYONE KEEP UP!? Lol.