Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@commander said:

People that don't like to game won't start gaming on the xbox because they use it for netflix. I will never use my computer for making music because i don't like it.

Non gamers aren't buying an Xbox One for Netflix. Seriously dude. WTF.

It wasn't me that brought up video streaming, maybe you should read the posts more thoroughly before you start commenting. I already crushed you in the last argument now you're coming back and start trolling again lmao

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178810 Posts

@commander said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@commander said:

People that don't like to game won't start gaming on the xbox because they use it for netflix. I will never use my computer for making music because i don't like it.

It wasn't me that brought up video streaming, maybe you should read the posts more thoroughly before you start commenting. I already crushed you in the last argument now you're coming back and start trolling again lmao

I quoted YOU. Stop trying to pretend you didn't post it. Secondly you didn't crush me. You were wrong. Flat out wrong. And you went into hiding. You couldn't crush a paper cup.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 commander

@LJS9502_basic said:
@commander said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@commander said:

I quoted YOU. Stop trying to pretend you didn't post it. Secondly you didn't crush me. You were wrong. Flat out wrong. And you went into hiding. You couldn't crush a paper cup.

Yeah so what you quoted me, you quoted me completely out of context.

And how am i wrong about sony and nintendo, the whole sony nintendo story before the playstation and n64 is on wiki.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

@samusbeliskner said:

The only thing Nintendo is going to crush is the fools who buy their next console, just like the crushed the fools who bought their last one.

this

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By commander

@22Toothpicks said:

Despite the stupidity of your claim that the Wii U's failure is some clever rouse to catch the competition off guard I will humor you. It is highly unlikely that the NX will be more powerful than the PS4 as Ninty is most likely attempting to recapture the lightning-in-a-bottle product that was the Wii. Besides power means next to nothing in terms of console sales/success. It is and always has been about the software. They have SUCKED ASS the past, what, four years in terms of supplying a steady stream of games? Yeah, shit's not going to change unless 3rd parties decide to make the effort to support 3 consoles which is also unlikely. Face it, unless they come up with another fad Nintendo is screwed.

Ok, i understand that you think my claim is stupid but have you ever thought about his.

What if the wii u released as a powerhouse, with a sandy bridge cpu and a hd 7970 released for 600$. That would have been possible , all this tech is from 2011 and early 2012. nintendo had this kind of money and multiplats would have easily followed .

Do you think the xboxone and ps4 would have released the same systems?

I mean that system would simply crush the ps4 and would almost be twice the power.

@AzatiS You might want to read this post as well.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@commander said:
@22Toothpicks said:

Despite the stupidity of your claim that the Wii U's failure is some clever rouse to catch the competition off guard I will humor you. It is highly unlikely that the NX will be more powerful than the PS4 as Ninty is most likely attempting to recapture the lightning-in-a-bottle product that was the Wii. Besides power means next to nothing in terms of console sales/success. It is and always has been about the software. They have SUCKED ASS the past, what, four years in terms of supplying a steady stream of games? Yeah, shit's not going to change unless 3rd parties decide to make the effort to support 3 consoles which is also unlikely. Face it, unless they come up with another fad Nintendo is screwed.

Ok, i understand that you think my claim is stupid but have you ever thought about his.

What if the wii u released as a powerhouse, with a sandy bridge cpu and a hd 7970 released for 600$. That would have been possible , all this tech is from 2011 and early 2012. nintendo had this kind of money and multiplats would have easily followed .

Do you think the xboxone and ps4 would have released the same systems?

I mean that system would simply crush the ps4 and would almost be twice the power.

@AzatiS You might want to read this post as well.

Nothing but assumptions.....

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

The wiiu was the attempt to grab the wii crowd, for a second time. They now see that this market is no longer there. Development on the wiiu concept probably started WAY before reveal, maybe even before the wii even hit shelves. With a hit like the wii, it wouldn't make sense not to try and follow through. The problem is that the market changed drastically over this period and nintendo was stuck with a console already deep in r&d cost.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@Heirren said:

The wiiu was the attempt to grab the wii crowd, for a second time. They now see that this market is no longer there. Development on the wiiu concept probably started WAY before reveal, maybe even before the wii even hit shelves. With a hit like the wii, it wouldn't make sense not to try and follow through. The problem is that the market changed drastically over this period and nintendo was stuck with a console already deep in r&d cost.

and if they want any 4rd party, they will need to try and keep pace with Sony and MS's hardware, if not, I just dont see devs making games for it. They may be in luck as I would hope NX is in same ballpark as X1 and PS4 and maybe devs will release their games for it.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#109 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@mesome713 said:

I think Nintendo could do it, they are smart with their business tactics. If anyone can build a powerful affordable console it would be Nintendo, look at the Gamecube, how they pull that off still to this day amazes me.

The Nintendo/Sony deal went south cause Sony took full control of the rights on the platform, they snuck it into the deal that Nintendo signed. So if Nintendo had made the system Sony would have had all the rights. Nintendo got mad from this shady deal and decided to make their own and get Phillips to make the CD. Sony is evil and Nintendo would like nothing more the to put them in the ground. With the help of Samsung, Nintendo can achieve this, Samsung helped with the Wii :) :)

But they didnt help with the Wii U, Samsung, why have forsaken us? Please help us destroy Sony, we need yall in the console race. Nintendo kicked Sony out of Japan, now its Samsungs turn to kick them out the game. Samsung will reap all the rewards, and Nintendo will finally get the revenge they deserve.

Game On.

You sound bitter and mad.... and totally full of false information....lol. The nintendo playstation was to have both cartridge and Cd rom based tech, Sony would get cuts from cd games and nintendo from carts... it was to be a 50/50 split.... and in the contract... how is that evil.. It was more greedy (or evil as you say) for nintendo to agree and sign on to something then double cross Sony at a trade show with partnering with phillips. Sony already worked on much of the tech. They were betrayed and that's how kutaragi got permission to make the PS1 and enter the games market... The rest is history.

Why do you take this so personally? It's like you feel hatred for Sony, it's in everyone of your threads...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17640 Posts

@Heirren said:

There feels to be a lack of vision for what Nintendo wants. They come off like a blindfolded dope desperately thrusting their dick in every direction hoping to eventually hit pay dirt. Do they want the core? Do they want casuals? Do they want toys? Do they want mobile? Do they want QoL? I mean seriously. This company feels fragmented and directionless currently. They need to buckle down and decide exactly what they desire, because if it's just "money" at all costs.....well, it will come at all costs.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 commander

@MirkoS77 said:
@Heirren said:

There feels to be a lack of vision for what Nintendo wants. They come off like a blindfolded dope desperately thrusting their dick in every direction hoping to eventually hit pay dirt. Do they want the core? Do they want casuals? Do they want toys? Do they want mobile? Do they want QoL? I mean seriously. This company feels fragmented and directionless currently. They need to buckle down and decide exactly what they desire, because if it's just "money" at all costs.....well, it will come at all costs.

That's the whole image they're trying to create but mind my words they know what they're doing. They always knew what they were doing.

Don't forget that nintendo got pushed into this position in the first place. There was no competing with sony and microsoft when they both released consoles that were superstrong and that they sold with a loss. What nintendo did with the wii was a genius move.

The wii u was never meant to be a big success. Imo they thought the time wasn't right to release a console for hardcore gamers but now that time is here. There is no room for nintendo on the casual gaming market as well anymore tha wii u has proven that.

Since they said the nx brand would contain a console and a handheld, i really doubt that console would be a weak system. I mean the x1 and ps4 are sitting ducks. A lot of people went for the ps4 because it can do 1080p , 30 fps, but what if nintendo's system can easily do 1080p with 60 fps, with better graphics and a better cpu.

And with a first party game at lauch that makes use of this kind of power or maybe with a next gen monster hunter. That system would score.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By MirkoS77

@commander said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@Heirren said:

That's the whole image they're trying to create but mind my words they know what they're doing. They always knew what they were doing.

Don't forget that nintendo got pushed into this position in the first place. There was no competing with sony and microsoft when they both released consoles that were superstrong and that they sold with a loss. What nintendo did with the wii was a genius move.

The wii u was never meant to be a big success. Imo they thought the time wasn't right to release a console for hardcore gamers but now that time is here. There is no room for nintendo on the casual gaming market as well anymore tha wii u has proven that.

Since they said the nx brand would contain a console and a handheld, i really doubt that console would be a weak system. I mean the x1 and ps4 are sitting ducks. A lot of people went for the ps4 because it can do 1080p , 30 fps, but what if nintendo's system can easily do 1080p with 60 fps, with better graphics and a better cpu.

And with a first party game at lauch that makes use of this kind of power or maybe with a next gen monster hunter. That system would score.

You think Nintendo intentionally fumbled the U to draw Sony and MS into some sort of clever master plan, right?

No offense meant, but if you truly believe such a thing I can't be bothered to respond past this as I can't take any opinion from someone who holds such a belief even remotely seriously.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 commander

@MirkoS77 said:
@commander said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@Heirren said:

I've seen your thread. You believe Nintendo intentionally fumbled the U to draw Sony and MS into some sort of clever master plan, right?

No offense meant, but if you truly believe such a thing I can't be bothered to respond past this as I can't take any opinion from someone who holds such a belief even remotely seriously.

I'm not saying it's a fact, but it's highly likely it's a part of nintendo's business strategy

I mean think about it this way, what if the wii u was a powerhouse, with a low end sandy bridge Quad core cpu and a hd 7970. That could have certainly be possible , The x360 and ps3 were more expensive for their time.

That system would have almost doubled the power in teh ps4. Do you really think sony and microsoft would have released the ps4 and x1 with the same specs?

Now it's a much better time to release a stronger system for nintendo as well. Microsft and sony cannot just release a new system. Too many people bought into their systems, the wii u is not the same. It never promised what X1 and ps4 are promising.

It could of course be possible that none of this is true and nintendo releases a crapsystem again, but nintendo is the oldest player in the console market. They know what they're doing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178810 Posts

@commander said:

This again? If you seriously think Nintendo spent millions or possibly billions just to trick Sony and MS then you are beyond discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 commander

@LJS9502_basic said:
@commander said:

This again? If you seriously think Nintendo spent millions or possibly billions just to trick Sony and MS then you are beyond discussion.

IT wasn't just to trick them, they tried to outride the wii success as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@MirkoS77:

If you developed a product that sold as much as the wii would you not try and capitalize on the same market?

I think that is what happened with wiiu, as consoles are researched and developed over a long period of time. As nintendo said, as much as the wii sold it also diminished the brand in terms of general perception as well as the amount consumers are willing to pay. To go from $250 with the wii to $400ish is a big hike if one is going after the same market. I think nintendo saw this change in perception even before wiiu launched. The tech market changed drastically in terms of what consumer are willing to spend--phones for $600, $1000 tablets, $200 headphones, etc. unfortunately they got stuck with a console with an inherently confused vision.

Over the course of the wiiu life though, it is a bit more clear as to what nintendo is aiming for--which is a core gaming fan.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#117 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

Nintendo has to rebrand their next console.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Heirren said:

Over the course of the wiiu life though, it is a bit more clear as to what nintendo is aiming for--which is a core gaming fan.

The core gaming fan wants current gen hardware and 3rd party games, are Nintendo ever going to provide them ever again?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By commander

@locopatho said:
@Heirren said:

The core gaming fan wants current gen hardware and 3rd party games, are Nintendo ever going to provide them ever again?

A strong console with a game like monster hunter would score big time.

A weak console wouldn't

So my guess is the nx is going to be strong. I might be wrong though, i thought the wii u was going to be a powerhouse, there was certainly an opportunity there. Especially if it would have released a bit sooner.

But the opportunity now is much much bigger.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#120  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

@commander said:
@locopatho said:
@Heirren said:

A weak console wouldn't

So my guess is the nx is going to be strong. I might be wrong though, i thought the wii u was going to be a powerhouse, there was certainly an opportunity there. Especially if it would have released a bit sooner.

I thought the Wii U was closer to the PS4/X1 in power but it was closer to the PS3/360 instead and was let down. Now they have the chance to make the NX to have more power than the PS4 or at least the X1.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By commander

@GameboyTroy said:
@commander said:
@locopatho said:
@Heirren said:

A weak console wouldn't

I thought the Wii U was closer to the PS4/X1 in power but it was closer to the PS3/360 instead and was let down. Now they have the chance to make the NX to have more power than PS4 or at least the X1.

Indeed and this wouldn't be the first time they did this. The super nes for instance was stronger than pc's back in the day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@locopatho:

It isn't as simple as people make it out to be. There are 3rd party practices in play that Nintendo doesn't see as beneficial in the long run. For example, there is no reason Call of Duty--the later ps3/360 ones--couldn't be done on wiiu. The publisher/developer has a subscription based model of release-dlc-release. Black Ops 2 on wiiu had no paid dlc. It received it maybe a year later for free.

This creates a disconnect in their product and creates the question in the eyes of consumer of, "we'll if its free there, why am I paying for it here." So naturally they stuck with the two consoles with a massive installed base.

People seem to think it has everything to do with console spec, which simply isn't the case. The only way for nintendo to get a decent 3rd party lineup is to garner a massive installed base/excitement for the system. If you put that against the wiiu with how fans and critics have been receptive of the product--logic only denotes to a more powerful machine for the next outing.

They've been vocal about the lack of initial titles. Adamant that it was a mistake. For these reasons I actually do believe they will have some crowd stunners at launch. Games which everybody will want.

3rd party developers are free to develop for their consoles, as they have said. This is the correct way to go about things as a console business. Sony and ms are simply succumbing to 3rd party demands. They are the ones running the industry which is why there has been so much insane nickel and diming going on. Since nintendo is a games company by trade, they cannot afford to give up power of their product line .

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 locopatho

@Heirren said:

3rd party developers are free to develop for their consoles, as they have said. This is the correct way to go about things as a console business. Sony and ms are simply succumbing to 3rd party demands.

The "correct way" has led to a shitty console with no games and 6 month game droughts.

"Succumbing" has led to great consoles with constant great games releasing every single month.

Gamers have (obviously) chosen the systems that provide the games.

If you want Nintendo to keep doing their own weird backwards shit, you'll see them die. Gamers don't share their "vision". They just want to play Fallout and The Witcher.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@locopatho:

It's a process. The wii got them into this position. You call their model backwards yet they have been in business for how long?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By locopatho

@Heirren: And we're back to whole fucking "they make money lol". So fucking what, we're talking about quality of their gaming experiences and systems. This isn't (for the billionth time) Investment Wars. If that's all you care about then go follow Apple.

You said the following: "3rd party developers are free to develop for their consoles, as they have said. This is the correct way to go about things as a console business. Sony and ms are simply succumbing to 3rd party demands."

So do you ACTUALLY think MS and Sony are failing gamers and Nintendo are "doing it right"? Because you sound content with the current situation.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 commander

@Heirren said:

@locopatho:

It's a process. The wii got them into this position. You call their model backwards yet they have been in business for how long?

@locopatho said:

@Heirren: And we're back to whole fucking "they make money lol". So fucking what, we're talking about quality of their gaming experiences and systems. This isn't (for the billionth time) Investment Wars. If that's all you care about then go follow Apple.

You said the following: "3rd party developers are free to develop for their consoles, as they have said. This is the correct way to go about things as a console business. Sony and ms are simply succumbing to 3rd party demands."

So do you ACTUALLY think MS and Sony are failing gamers and Nintendo are "doing it right"? Because you sound content with the current situation.

If they release a console now with better specs than the ps4 i'll be their number one fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@locopatho:

Well first of all a healthy long term strategy is important. Outside of that, yes I do think nintendo provides a quality experience. They produce high quality products. Do I side with all of their decisions? Of course not. I have been very vocal about being let down by the wiiu spec. I did not buy a wii until the backwards compatible model was about to be phased out--and I did so more for using component cables with GameCube games.

Nintendo gives a better experience. The trends of Sony and Microsoft prove of this anti consumer push. After the whole Xbox One "always online" ordeal, do you not think they spoke to 3rd parties about this and what sort of business ventures could come of it? And considering both Sony and ms were in talks with the same people--as 3rd parties want both consoles to be relatively the same spec. Sony made a joke of ms but more likely than not this was in consideration with them.

Then you've got the constant updates, installing games and using the disc as a key of sorts, game updates which do not inform the user of possible changes to the gaming experience, a push for cloud gaming, and just all this general means to buy consumer into some big subscription.

I look back at all the consoles I've owned and nintendo just demolishes the others in terms of quality. Broken down Xbox, repaired 360, bad psx disc drive, dead pixels on the psp, etc.......as I sit here in front of Blast Corps on an N64 that survived a flood, right next to a GameCube that works like new....and a bunch of handhelds like the gameboy, gameboy color, gba sp, gba micro, virtual boy............they all work like new.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By MirkoS77

@Heirren said:

@locopatho:

Well first of all a healthy long term strategy is important. Outside of that, yes I do think nintendo provides a quality experience. They produce high quality products. Do I side with all of their decisions? Of course not. I have been very vocal about being let down by the wiiu spec. I did not buy a wii until the backwards compatible model was about to be phased out--and I did so more for using component cables with GameCube games.

Nintendo gives a better experience. The trends of Sony and Microsoft prove of this anti consumer push. After the whole Xbox One "always online" ordeal, do you not think they spoke to 3rd parties about this and what sort of business ventures could come of it? And considering both Sony and ms were in talks with the same people--as 3rd parties want both consoles to be relatively the same spec. Sony made a joke of ms but more likely than not this was in consideration with them.

Then you've got the constant updates, installing games and using the disc as a key of sorts, game updates which do not inform the user of possible changes to the gaming experience, a push for cloud gaming, and just all this general means to buy consumer into some big subscription.

I look back at all the consoles I've owned and nintendo just demolishes the others in terms of quality. Broken down Xbox, repaired 360, bad psx disc drive, dead pixels on the psp, etc.......as I sit here in front of Blast Corps on an N64 that survived a flood, right next to a GameCube that works like new....and a bunch of handhelds like the gameboy, gameboy color, gba sp, gba micro, virtual boy............they all work like new.

I'm beginning to question whether Nintendo is fully committed to quality. This new Starfox is obviously made on a very low budget (looking like an up-rezzed GCN game tbh), Metroid Prime FF looks to be a bastardization of a franchise with the name slapped on at the last second for the sake of the quickest buck, Animal Crossing is gutted in exploitation of Amiibos. They are demonstrating their willingness to compromise the integrity of their products for a very short-sighted, short-term profit. Sorry, that's not quality. Nintendo does not always give the better experience. They have become very cheap. The games that Sony and MS have on their systems may have a lot of shitty practices piled on top of them, that's true, but they usually never suffer to the core from inception as we've seen how Nintendo's been treating some of their most beloved properties as of late.

If you want to talk about anti-consumerism, Nintendo certainly is not exempt. It's a narrative that no longer holds merit. Region locking, hardware tied to accounts that force people to re-buy the same game or pay a fee in transfer from system to system, DLC (not just DLC, but effectively what are otherwise $.99 micro-transactions such as simple skins) hidden behind $13 dollar toys each, now designing games that are dependent on them. No AC adapter for N3DSes, never discounting digital prices. These are pro-consumer? No, they are very anti, they are done at our expense, and I can tell you who's not doing them, at least in that manner: Sony and MS. At least Sony and MS respect us enough to say, "Hey, if you're stupid enough to embrace these things, have at it!" in their practices. Nintendo thinks we are all idiots (or "fans") that we'll actually buy their bullshit excuses they come out with time and again in the attempt to cover their anti-consumer ways.

The truly befuddling thing is, not only is Nintendo credited with not being anti-consumer, they are somehow praised as being the opposite. I have no idea how Sony and MS have been the ones that are constantly seen as anti, when for years they have benefited us with such things as modern accounts and no region locking yet they are not only not acknowledged for these things, they are the ones lambasted while Nintendo is praised, with people somehow ignoring the fact that Nintendo's not doing any of this, in addition to embracing and implementing the worst some of Sony and MS' practices have to offer (Amiibo DLC) and consistently cheapening out at the consumers' expense which is always shoveled out with more lame excuses ("everyone has AC adapters and DVD players") to cover their own asses for their own cheapskate ways.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@Heirren said:

@locopatho:

I'm beginning to question whether Nintendo is fully committed to quality as of late. This new Starfox is obviously made on a very low budget (looking like an up-rezzed GCN game tbh), Metroid Prime FF looks to be a bastardization of a franchise with the name slapped on at the last second for the sake of the quickest buck, Animal Crossing is gutted in exploitation of Amiibos. They are demonstrating their willingness to compromise the integrity of their products for a very short-sighted, short-term profit. Sorry, that's not quality. Nintendo does not always give the better experience. They have become very cheap. The games that Sony and MS have on their systems may have a lot of shitty practices piled on top of them, that's true, but they usually never suffer to the core from inception as we've seen how Nintendo's been treating some of their most beloved properties as of late.

If you want to talk about anti-consumerism, Nintendo certainly is not exempt. It's a narrative that no longer holds merit. Region locking, hardware tied to accounts that force people to re-buy the same game or pay a fee in transfer from system to system, DLC (not just DLC, but effectively what are otherwise $.99 micro-transactions such as simple skins) hidden behind $13 dollar toys each, now designing games that are dependent on them. No AC adapter for N3DSes, never discounting digital prices. These are pro-consumer? No, they are very anti, they are done at our expense, and I can tell you who's not doing them, at least in that manner: Sony and MS. At least Sony and MS respect us enough to say, "Hey, if you're stupid enough to embrace these things, have at it!" in their practices. Nintendo thinks we are all idiots (or "fans") that we'll actually buy their bullshit excuses they come out with time and again in the attempt to cover their anti-consumer ways.

The truly befuddling thing is, not only is Nintendo credited with not being anti-consumer, they are somehow praised as being the opposite. I have no idea how Sony and MS have been the ones that are constantly seen as anti, when for years they have benefited us with such things as modern accounts and no region locking yet they are not only not acknowledged for these things, they are the ones lambasted while Nintendo is praised, with people somehow ignoring the fact that Nintendo's not doing any of this, in addition to embracing and implementing the worst some of Sony and MS' practices have to offer (Amiibo DLC) and consistently cheapening out at the consumers' expense which is always shoveled out with more lame excuses ("everyone has AC adapters and DVD players") to cover their own asses for their own cheapskate ways.

This

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@commander said:

Some of you will think , what's wrong with this guy. Lost his marbles? No such thing, when you look at nintendo's history it's only obvious what is going to happen.

It has already been 15 years ago since nintendo released a console that competed with the other systems in terms of hardware. With the coming of the x360 and ps3, nintendo knew this was a battle they couldn't win. Sony and microsoft were investing huge amounts of money, even selling their systems with a loss to bind customers to thier plafform.

Nintendo couldn't or wasn't willing to risk that and ended up doing a wii and it was a very smart business move. But why the wii u? a weaker cpu than the already dated x360. That tablet? What where they thinking?

Nintendo isn't that stupid , they did this on purpose. They only released the wii u to soften up sony and microsoft so that they would release weaker consoles. A lot of people think nintendo is not smart enough business wise to pull this off but you couldn't be more wrong.

Nintendo pretty much invented the term exlusive (for third parties) back in the eighties. They let devs sign contracts to only develop for their platform. These were very agressive contracts pretty much binding devs for years to their platform. IT is something they could pull off , because they had the most popular console with the nes and they also had the resources to fund upcoming devs.

Their agressive business strategy backlashed with sony. When nintendo was negotiating with sony for the implementation of sony's cd-rom into the n64, sony didn't agree with nintendo's terms and ended up making their own console, the playstation. The rest is history.

History that nintendo hasn't forgotten, nintendo is still a big player in the market and sony and microsoft are sitting ducks. Imagine how easy it is now to release a console for 500$ that will almost double the power of the ps4. Not only that there are no games that use this kind of power, not even on the pc.

With Windows market store and free Windows 10 upgrade, Microsoft made improvments to make installing casual PC games like Android or IOS.

Microsoft is using it's near monopoly power in desktop/laptop PC market as a giant nuclear bomb against it's competitors.

Microsoft's Windows 10 ecosystem will crush Nintendo's ecosystem.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 commander

@MirkoS77 said:
@Heirren said:

@locopatho:

I'm beginning to question whether Nintendo is fully committed to quality as of late. This new Starfox is obviously made on a very low budget (looking like an up-rezzed GCN game tbh), Metroid Prime FF looks to be a bastardization of a franchise with the name slapped on at the last second for the sake of the quickest buck, Animal Crossing is gutted in exploitation of Amiibos. They are demonstrating their willingness to compromise the integrity of their products for a very short-sighted, short-term profit. Sorry, that's not quality. Nintendo does not always give the better experience. They have become very cheap. The games that Sony and MS have on their systems may have a lot of shitty practices piled on top of them, that's true, but they usually never suffer to the core from inception as we've seen how Nintendo's been treating some of their most beloved properties as of late.

Imo they're all just as bad but nitntendo is the underdog in this war and that's probably the reason people are less harsh on them.

They're also the only ones that can get us out of the chokehold that both sony and microsoft is holding us in.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Ant_17 said:
@commander said:

Some of you will think , what's wrong with this guy. Lost his marbles? No such thing, when you look at nintendo's history it's only obvious what is going to happen.

It has already been 15 years ago since nintendo released a console that competed with the other systems in terms of hardware. With the coming of the x360 and ps3, nintendo knew this was a battle they couldn't win. Sony and microsoft were investing huge amounts of money, even selling their systems with a loss to bind customers to thier plafform.

Nintendo couldn't or wasn't willing to risk that and ended up doing a wii and it was a very smart business move. But why the wii u? a weaker cpu than the already dated x360. That tablet? What where they thinking?

Nintendo isn't that stupid , they did this on purpose. They only released the wii u to soften up sony and microsoft so that they would release weaker consoles. A lot of people think nintendo is not smart enough business wise to pull this off but you couldn't be more wrong.

Nintendo pretty much invented the term exlusive (for third parties) back in the eighties. They let devs sign contracts to only develop for their platform. These were very agressive contracts pretty much binding devs for years to their platform. IT is something they could pull off , because they had the most popular console with the nes and they also had the resources to fund upcoming devs.

Their agressive business strategy backlashed with sony. When nintendo was negotiating with sony for the implementation of sony's cd-rom into the n64, sony didn't agree with nintendo's terms and ended up making their own console, the playstation. The rest is history.

History that nintendo hasn't forgotten, nintendo is still a big player in the market and sony and microsoft are sitting ducks. Imagine how easy it is now to release a console for 500$ that will almost double the power of the ps4. Not only that there are no games that use this kind of power, not even on the pc.

Get your facts straight.

Nintendo droped Sony for Philips , And Sony out of spite made the PS.

The same with Xbox.MS went to Sony to help with the PS2 and Sony droped them.And MS out of spite made the Xbox.

Didn't MS want to buy SEGA?

Thats imposible , because no non Japanese company can buy a Japanese company.

NBC Universal has bought Japanese Geneon Entertainment company.

Microsoft is already a software platform provider hence they don't need Sega.

Microsoft has nothing to do with Sony. Sony's PS2 graphics hardware solution are not compatible nor opitmised for Direct3D's design assumptions.

Original Xbox work was mostly done by AMD/NVIDIA and Bill Gates intervened and override the existing AMD CPU(e.g. Duron) selection to Intel. Intel provided the inferior Intel Pentium III Celeron kit bash. On IPC, AMD K7 Duron would be able to match IBM's PowerPC G3.

AMD's 3DNow SIMD supports horizontal math operations which Intel added in later SSE3.

AMD CPU with NVIDIA nForce IGP combo was supposed to be the orginal Xbox.

AMD wasn't involved with Xbox 360 since they still hurting from Bill Gates' intervention.

After AMD merged with ATi, ATi's semi-custom division handles the console OEM customers.

The departure of Bill Gates from Microsoft's day-to-day operations enabled AMD and MS to partner with AMD64/X86-64 ahead of Intel's Itanium i.e. Intel's X86-32 to 64bit solution.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 commander

@ronvalencia said:
@commander said:

With Windows market store and free Windows 10 upgrade, Microsoft made improvments to make installing casual PC games like Android or IOS.

Microsoft is using it's near monopoly power in desktop/laptop PC market as a giant nuclear bomb against it's competitors.

Microsoft's Windows 10 ecosystem will crush Nintendo's ecosystem.

If that works as well as it sounds then sony is done as well.

I kinda forgot about it after i did some research on the xbox one app. IT is nowhere near workable though and it's hard to say for how many games this will work and if it will benefit from any exta power on the pc.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#134 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@commander: Power has not been the driving force at all. In fact, more often then not the more powerful console is doomed to failure.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By commander

@prawephet said:

@commander: Power has not been the driving force at all. In fact, more often then not the more powerful console is doomed to failure.

sure the bit wars , mb wars, core wars , mhz wars and resolution wars were all a collective figment of our imagination

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#137  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19382 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Please do tell from your experience in R&D. Ultimately it doesn't matter how powerful it is, Nintendo has had awful third party support since the SNES, what indication is there that's gonna change?

Huh? The SNES had excellent third-party support... Or did you mean after the SNES era?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By MirkoS77

@commander said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@Heirren said:

@locopatho:

Imo they're all just as bad but nitntendo is the underdog in this war and that's probably the reason people are less harsh on them.

They're also the only ones that can get us out of the chokehold that both sony and microsoft is holding us in.

Nintendo is the one trying to hold us in a chokehold in many respects, demanding that we abide by their vision of what the industry should want, instead of what it actually does.

I think a large part of the reason Nintendo is given such leeway is the cult of personality it has formed over the years. Iwata, Reggie, and Miyamoto have made a very calculated attempt to make their mugs and personas synonymous with the Nintendo name. This is done through Directs, Ask Iwatas, developer interviews, their little muppet skits, and their apologies and humble antics. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people, in forums all over the net, constantly excuse Nintendo's failings on the basis of personal amicability. Iwata, as an example, has made himself so ingrained with the concept of Nintendo that any notion of his departure would spell disaster for the company as a whole in many fans' eyes.

That is rubbish, and it is dangerous......but unfortunately, it works. People are suckers for charisma. If Iwata and other executives were faceless suits, I highly doubt so many would so readily jump to their defense whenever Nintendo's performance is brought into question and we would've seen demand for change long ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@MirkoS77:

How is it rubbish when a man like Miyamoto has such an established career? Because the man shows his face and speaks his ideas and views on games and the industry? Stuff like this has been going on since early 90s game magazines.

Miyamoto articulates his points well and they sit on a solid foundation. That's anything but rubbish.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 commander

@MirkoS77 said:
@commander said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Nintendo is the one trying to hold us in a chokehold in many respects, demanding that we abide by their vision of what the industry should want, instead of what it actually does.

I think a large part of the reason Nintendo is given such leeway is the cult of personality it has formed over the years. Iwata, Reggie, and Miyamoto have made a very calculated attempt to make their mugs and personas synonymous with the Nintendo name. This is done through Directs, Ask Iwatas, developer interviews, their little muppet skits, and their apologies and humble antics. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people, in forums all over the net, constantly excuse Nintendo's failings on the basis of personal amicability. Iwata, as an example, has made himself so ingrained with the concept of Nintendo that any notion of his departure would spell disaster for the company as a whole in many fans' eyes.

That is rubbish, and it is dangerous......but unfortunately, it works. People are suckers for charisma. If Iwata and other executives were faceless suits, I highly doubt so many would so readily jump to their defense whenever Nintendo's performance is brought into question and we would see demand for change long ago.

I can understand that but I never felt anything for those characters and I only noticed some familiar faces with the last e3. So the amicality mechanic certainly doesn't work for me.

I'm also not really a nintendo fan but i did bought a snes back in the day and i also bought a wii. The wii is not a gaming console like snes was but I sort of knew this, the console was built around the motion controller, it was something revolutionary and the consoles main selling point

It's also the reason i didn't buy a wii u, the wii u was focussed around the tablet controller and I had no use for that, but it could certainly be useful with families that only have one tv. This was really a family system, even more than the original wii, since the tablets main functionality is being able to play while the tv is used.

That's also the reason i don't bleme nintendo for nothing. I don't see the wii U as a failure on their part, it just wasn't very successfull, simply because kids already have handhelds and the x360 and ps3 were cheaper than the wii u, with a much bigger game library. Of course for ninty fans this is still a must have, but a console can't live on fans alone.

So i don't have any beef with nintendo in any way and I certainly trust them more than sony or ms because as much of a cashgrab intendo is , nintendo is the longest player in the market, and i have childhood memories of nintendo. I associate nintendo with fun, while sony i associate with tv's and electronisc, and ms with windows. Nintendo is a toy company and in that regard, as long as they don't do any major fuckups like always online, not being able to delete my creditcard on my system, or sell a 600$ superconsole that no one knows how to develop for, then I will always like nitntendo better than sony and ms.

But I won't buy their console if it doesn't cater my needs, but I really hope that the nintendo nx does that so i can have a nintendo connected to my tv again.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By MirkoS77

@Heirren said:

@MirkoS77:

How is it rubbish when a man like Miyamoto has such an established career? Because the man shows his face and speaks his ideas and views on games and the industry? Stuff like this has been going on since early 90s game magazines.

Miyamoto articulates his points well and they sit on a solid foundation. That's anything but rubbish.

No, because Miyamoto utilizes his likeness to further his philosophies that are, frankly, outdated. People love to give Miyamoto accord because of his history. As they should to a degree and he should be absolutely recognized for his contributions, but I think it's crucial to remember that it is also history. What has worked in the past does not necessarily dictate relevance in the present. Miyamoto is more than likely responsible for Nintendo's lackluster approach to online (for one example) from a perspective he is holding onto from the 80s and 90s that found him great success.

People cite these foundations of Miyamoto that depends on times long since past gone. Yes, they granted him credibility based in the context of that timeframe that they worked, but it's not that time anymore. You can't sit there any continually lay praises at his feet without also taking into consideration the day and age that he now resides in......a day and age that he is showing an unwillingness to adapt and embrace.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MirkoS77

@commander said:
@MirkoS77 said:

That is rubbish, and it is dangerous......but unfortunately, it works. People are suckers for charisma. If Iwata and other executives were faceless suits, I highly doubt so many would so readily jump to their defense whenever Nintendo's performance is brought into question and we would see demand for change long ago.

I can understand that but I never felt anything for those characters and I only noticed some familiar faces with the last e3. So the amicality mechanic certainly doesn't work for me.

I'm also not really a nintendo fan but i did bought a snes back in the day and i also bought a wii. The wii is not a gaming console like snes was but I sort of knew this, the console was built around the motion controller, it was something revolutionary and the consoles main selling point

It's also the reason i didn't buy a wii u, the wii u was focussed around the tablet controller and I had no use for that, but it could certainly be useful with families that only have one tv. This was really a family system, even more than the original wii, since the tablets main functionality is being able to play while the tv is used.

That's also the reason i don't bleme nintendo for nothing. I don't see the wii U as a failure on their part, it just wasn't very successfull, simply because kids already have handhelds and the x360 and ps3 were cheaper than the wii u, with a much bigger game library. Of course for ninty fans this is still a must have, but a console can't live on fans alone.

So i don't have any beef with nintendo in any way and I certainly trust them more than sony or ms because as much of a cashgrab intendo is , nintendo is the longest player in the market, and i have childhood memories of nintendo. I associate nintendo with fun, while sony i associate with tv's and electronisc, and ms with windows. Nintendo is a toy company and in that regard, as long as they don't do any major fuckups like always online, not being able to delete my creditcard on my system, or sell a 600$ superconsole that no one knows how to develop for, then I will always like nitntendo better than sony and ms.

But I won't buy their console if it doesn't cater my needs, but I really hope that the nintendo nx does that so i can have a nintendo connected to my tv again.

I'm not saying people support Nintendo solely due to the likeability or being able to relate to their top brass, but do think that it does play a big part in many being so willing to give them the benefit of the doubt over and over in the face of constant mistakes.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Hopefully Nintendo can figure out a way to launch their next console for under $300.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Day 1 purchase for me. I've always enjoyed my Nintendo consoles. No regrets about my wii u either I played it plenty.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Nintendo released their worst selling console of all time and hurt consumer trust on purpose? The delusion is real.

Already been confirmed by Liam Robertson that the NX won't be powerful.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Blabadon said:

"Imagine how easy it is now to release a console for 500$ that will almost double the power of the ps4."

Please do tell from your experience in R&D. Ultimately it doesn't matter how powerful it is, Nintendo has had awful third party support since the N64, what indication is there that's gonna change?

Fixed.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@samusbeliskner said:

The only thing Nintendo is going to crush is the fools who buy their next console, just like the crushed the fools who bought their last one.

Wii U has the best exclusives. I feel Nintendo has given me more than enough reason for my Wii U purchase.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@commander: Nintendo hasn't been the leader since SNES...

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@samusbeliskner said:

Wii U has the best exclusives. I feel Nintendo has given me more than enough reason for my Wii U purchase.

I have one too, but it's not enough. It's the only console I have right now. I wish I could get my money back.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@samusbeliskner said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@samusbeliskner said:

I have one too, but it's not enough. It's the only console I have right now. I wish I could get my money back.

What has ps4/xbone giving exclusive wise thats not on a low end PC?

Sunset overdrive + Forza > All WiiU Games?t no

Bloodborne + Infamous > All WiiU Games? no

Third party has also been droughing like crazy on ps4/xbone/pc and those games all run on low end PC's at higher settings too, so wiiU gives people the most games overall for a multiconsole owner.

WiiU was worth it to you, I honestly bet you played more wiiU overall than all your other consoles this gen everyone I know who has wiiU plays those games the most over other systems for longer periods of time.

So how could it be the one you want to sell the most? Think about that.