Nintendo has reached the limits of Wii U hardware

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

@hernandezzzz said:

Really don't want to jump into this hornet's nest, but I will ask this: are people seriously trying to imply that the Wii U's hardware is comparable to the PS4's?

I mean, for real?

Yea, I really just stopped after that. I was hoping it was just trolling lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#152  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hernandezzzz said:

Really don't want to jump into this hornet's nest, but I will ask this: are people seriously trying to imply that the Wii U's hardware is comparable to the PS4's?

I mean, for real?

yes....a wii U is much closer to a ps4 than a ps4 is to a PC..but the sad part is the games don't look much better on the pc.

so PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ps4>xbox1>>>wii U

Get it now?

Depends on the PC. If it's high-end, of course, but then the price is also incomparable. But one could argue that the PS4 is very much a PC in disguise, the same can't be said about the Wii U.

In the end it doesn't matter though, the Wii U's hardware is inferior than that of the PS4 and Xbox One. That isn't even open to interpretation, it's just fact. Doesn't automatically make it a bad console, it still has its strong points, power just isn't one of them.

I swear, you people will try to "spin" anything...

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@hernandezzzz said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hernandezzzz said:

I mean, for real?

yes....a wii U is much closer to a ps4 than a ps4 is to a PC..but the sad part is the games don't look much better on the pc.

so PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ps4>xbox1>>>wii U

Get it now?

Depends on the PC. If it's high-end, of course, but then the price is also incomparable. But one could argue that the PS4 is very much a PC in disguise, the same can't be said about the Wii U.

In the end it doesn't matter though, the Wii U's hardware is inferior than that of the PS4 and Xbox One. That isn't even open to interpretation, it's just fact. Doesn't automatically make the Wii a bad console, either, it obviously has its strong points, power just isn't one of them.

I swear, you people will trying to "spin" anything...

you can get a "high end" pc for not much more than $1000 if you already have windows and the other peripherals. The wii U can handle ANY game that is on the xbox1/ps4 but at a lower quality. The reason the games aren't there is because wii u owners don't buy them. Wii U has better specs than ps3 and xbox 360, and I have no doubt that the ps3/xbox 360 could also handle these "next gen" games with some developer optimizations.

Not spinning anything, just stating facts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

you can get a "high end" pc for not much more than $1000 if you already have windows and the other peripherals...

I'm gonna stop you right there.

1. That's only true if you live in the US, otherwise you can just go ahead and (at least) double that price. Especially if you're dealing in pounds. Other Europeans here will be able to confirm.

And..

2. That's a pretty big "what if." What if I don't have the latest OS? What if I don't have these "other peripherals?"

I'm not going to bother with the rest of your post, because quite frankly, I think your train of thought is all over the place. That and I don't like "spinning." The Wii U is perfectly capable of standing on its own merits, without fans trying to paint it as something that it isn't.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 blaznwiipspman1

@hernandezzzz said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

you can get a "high end" pc for not much more than $1000 if you already have windows and the other peripherals...

1. That's only true if you live in the US, otherwise you can just go ahead and, at least, double that price. Especially if you pay in pounds. Other Europeans here will be able to confirm.

And..

2. That's a pretty big "what if." What if I don't have the latest OS? What if I don't have these "other peripherals?"

I'm not going to bother with the rest of you post, because quite frankly, I think your train of thought is all over the place. That and I don't like "spinning." The Wii U is perfectly able to stand on its own merits, without fans trying to paint it as something that it isn't.

1) Canadians also get a sweet deal. I don't know about Europeans and frankly don't give a shit. If pc hardware is more expensive there then im willing to bet consoles are also more expensive at a similar ratio

2) What if you don't have the latest "TV" to maximize crappy console graphics? 4 controllers? plus 3 more for blue toot?, don't forget to pay for online play? $20 premium added for games just because its a console. PC's "other peripherals" are common stuff that im assuming everyone has like a mouse/keyboard and monitor. Of course you can buy newer ones just as you could buy new controllers for consoles, but it isn't necessary.

Bottom line and im going to say it the last time, the Wii U has enough horsepower to handle any of the shitty console games you play on xbox one/ps4. They aren't available for one reason and thats because the Wii U is catered to a different market than the preteen 12 y/o -20 y/o college dorm jerk off that play CoD all day and night.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hernandezzzz said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

1. That's only true if you live in the US, otherwise you can just go ahead and, at least, double that price. Especially if you pay in pounds. Other Europeans here will be able to confirm.

And..

I'm not going to bother with the rest of you post, because quite frankly, I think your train of thought is all over the place. That and I don't like "spinning." The Wii U is perfectly able to stand on its own merits, without fans trying to paint it as something that it isn't.

1) Canadians also get a sweet deal. I don't know about Europeans and frankly don't give a shit. If pc hardware is more expensive there then im willing to bet consoles are also more expensive at a similar ratio

I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. You would lose. My PS4 was €399 (technically it was more like 380 with discount, but let's ignore that). A GPU that costs $200 on Newegg will cost me near €400. Those are just facts but since you don't give a shit about us, I won't give a shit about you. Have a good one.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 blaznwiipspman1

@hernandezzzz said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hernandezzzz said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

And..

I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. You would lose. My PS4 was €399 (technically it was more like 380 with discount, but let's ignore that). A GPU that costs $200 on Newegg will cost me near €400. Those are just facts but since you don't give a shit about us, I won't give a shit about you. Have a good one.

i give less of a shit about you than you do about us north americans...sound fair? Your high computer parts costs sounds like a political issue that you should be taking up with your regional representitive. But if I were in your shoes id probably have done the same thing as well. Maybe you should consider moving here? If you have a solid education, Canada will accept you with open arms.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: lol whipped!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#159 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Blabadon: I remember when you weren't just a worthless troll and actually used to have stuff worth saying. Wonder what happened. I think Vita fanboyism just does that to people, honestly. I mean, we have SolidGame here, and you, both of you were pretty okay, and now you're just asinine, and the common factor is your almost slavish love for the Vita, so that must be it. That has to be it, for once correlation=causation.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: i dont know. i dont know where the line is for any console. it goes back to the original problem: define maxed out. 1080P and 60FPS are not the defining properties of image quality. the PS3, PS4, 360, wiiu, X1, first xbox and 360 are all perfectly capable of 1080P and 60 FPS. they just cant do 1080P and 60 FPS in massive open worlds with masses of tesselation and all the latest advanced bells and whistles.

the wiiu is clearly the worst of the 3 in this regard but, as i say, upgrades are already clearly on the way next year (X and zelda). i dont know how close it is to its limit but it looks like its not on the limit yet.

take 3 games running on a PS4:

one game runs at 720P and 30 FPS but it still looks stunning. the AA is excellent. the animation is top notch. its a big open world and there are no loadig screens after startup. the lighting and texture detail induce joypuke. the cloth and hair simulation is second to none and so on and so on.

another game runs at 1080P and 60 FPS, has no AA to maintain the FPS, still looks very good (naughty dog meet their target render say) but the levels are small and everything is a bit more static.

game 3: a racing game running at 720P and 60FPS and kinda looks like GT6 but where the GPU is extensively used to support the simulation (CFD simulations around the car and so on). really cutting edge simulation stuff behind the scenes.

which game has maxed out the console more?

you cant just point at 2 properties of a game (framerate and resolution) and say its maxing out a console. arguments could be made for all 3 games above pushing the console to the limit.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SolidGame_basic

@osan0 said:

@SolidGame_basic: i dont know. i dont know where the line is for any console. it goes back to the original problem: define maxed out. 1080P and 60FPS are not the defining properties of image quality. the PS3, PS4, 360, wiiu, X1, first xbox and 360 are all perfectly capable of 1080P and 60 FPS. they just cant do 1080P and 60 FPS in massive open worlds with masses of tesselation and all the latest advanced bells and whistles.

the wiiu is clearly the worst of the 3 in this regard but, as i say, upgrades are already clearly on the way next year (X and zelda). i dont know how close it is to its limit but it looks like its not on the limit yet.

take 3 games running on a PS4:

one game runs at 720P and 30 FPS but it still looks stunning. the AA is excellent. the animation is top notch. its a big open world and there are no loadig screens after startup. the lighting and texture detail induce joypuke. the cloth and hair simulation is second to none and so on and so on.

another game runs at 1080P and 60 FPS, has no AA to maintain the FPS, still looks very good (naughty dog meet their target render say) but the levels are small and everything is a bit more static.

game 3: a racing game running at 720P and 60FPS and kinda looks like GT6 but where the GPU is extensively used to support the simulation (CFD simulations around the car and so on). really cutting edge simulation stuff behind the scenes.

which game has maxed out the console more?

you cant just point at 2 properties of a game (framerate and resolution) and say its maxing out a console. arguments could be made for all 3 games above pushing the console to the limit.

I agree with you. Doesn't really say much to just point at framerate and resolution. You need to look at the content. I have a Wii U and have played the major AAA games like Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Windwaker HD, and Mario Kart. Those games are small in scope compared to most modern games. That's why it's easier to give them 60fps. Yet, no 1080p. So what does that say of future Ninty games? Will Xenoblade Chronicles and the new Zelda - which are both suppose to have open world - be 1080p/60fps? Can when we really say that Ninty will be able to maximize the Wii U to achieve this? Really? I don't think so.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#162 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I came in here to say that even if the Wii U has reached its full potential, which I doubt it has, I'm okay with that.

Honestly, I was happy with graphics during the PS2/Xbox/GC era. We so spoiled these days.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#163 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

So... no analysis, no hard numbers, just a hypothesis pulled out of this author's ass and posted without verification? Okay.

just the obvious about that weak hardware (that i intend to buy when the price is right)

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#164 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

@mikhail said:

@Heirren said:

@mikhail said:

@charizard1605: When are those games coming out? Sometime in 2015? Some of those don't even have release dates yet that I'm aware of.

Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow are coming to the Wii U. Remake was not the right word, port is more like it. Over the next couple of months there are some mobile game ports and a couple of PC ports...I think in November there is a Sonic game coming out. Besides Smash and Bayonetta, that is pretty damn slim for a Fall release calendar, don't you think?

I think the userbase expanding will happen over the next two years after the big xbox and ps4 games come out. I really think at some point the techy crowd is going to adopt PC over ps4 and xbox one. When next gen assets become the norm and PC is able to maintain solid framerates WITH an extra coat of paint people will move on over. With that said, wiiu will be 200/250 and be a bargain for nintendo exclusives.

Now this I can 100% agree with.

i dont. If anything the market proved that simplicity is more dominant than features. Simply buying a 400USD console like PS4 which is considered pretty powerful is way more appealing to look for than specific Gaming Rig parts ,if the user is not well educated they can spend in excess of 1000,1500+. If theyre realllyy uneducated,they can buy an Alienware Laptop lol which is a huge rip off. Consoles are not going anywhere,the huuuuuuuuuge hype for PS4 opening was the proof off this.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Ratchet_Fan8 said:

Simply buying a 400USD console like PS4 which is considered pretty powerful is way more appealing to look for than specific Gaming Rig parts

That is entirely subjective and you know it...both the "pretty powerful" part and the assumption that people don't want to learn more about PCs.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: even if (probably when) zelda and xenoblade are not 1080P or 60FPS...so what? if X only manages 720P and 30FPS and mario kart is 720P at 60FPS...does that mean both games only managed to squeez the same performance out of the wiiu and that MK8 had it maxed out? is X only just using the same performance in a different way? or did monolith still manage to get more out of the hardware than nintendo with MK8?

this is the problem...how do you quantify it?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 SolidGame_basic

@osan0 said:

@SolidGame_basic: even if (probably when) zelda and xenoblade are not 1080P or 60FPS...so what? if X only manages 720P and 30FPS and mario kart is 720P at 60FPS...does that mean both games only managed to squeez the same performance out of the wiiu and that MK8 had it maxed out? is X only just using the same performance in a different way? or did monolith still manage to get more out of the hardware than nintendo with MK8?

this is the problem...how do you quantify it?

thing is, I don't really see the Wii U as much more powerful than an xbox 360. and we already finished last gen. so what can Nintendo do to truly amaze me? they put a lot of money behind the gamepad but like the kinect it's just not resonating with people. I'm sure the Wii U will have some great exclusives next year. but what happens when the major PS4 and X1 exclusives come out? I expect new and unique experiences from Sony and MS because developers have the capability to do more. I don't really expect Wii U to blow me away.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#168  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

*shrugs*

And? Nintendo games have never been about technical proficiency.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#169 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@charizard1605: I wonder how much of your life was wasted typing stupid long paragraphs in this thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Blabadon said:

@charizard1605: I wonder how much of your life was wasted typing stupid long paragraphs in this thread

I wonder how much of your brain cells are wasted coming up with as mind numbingly dumb trolling responses as you do. Can't be much, you didn't have much to begin with.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#171 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Blabadon said:

I wonder how much of your brain cells are wasted coming up with as mind numbingly dumb trolling responses as you do. Can't be much, you didn't have much to begin with.

Dude I'm not kidding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Blabadon said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Blabadon said:

Dude I'm not kidding.

K

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@charizard1605:

I thought this was fitting: